Why is the metoo movement just in Hollywood?

wrongfred

Established
Are they seriously trying to tell us that there is nothing similar going on in the industries elsewhere in the world?

intoxifaded

Rookie
We might just have one of the best freedom of speech privileges + we're also a country that's celebrity obsessed.

There's no doubt that abuse of power happens everywhere, but a lot of shows and movies that are made in Hollywood also end up being released to other countries. I think we have the biggest entertainment industry, in the smallest area of land, with an audience who is eager to share stories of abuse.

Cintra

Star
Are they seriously trying to tell us that there is nothing similar going on in the industries elsewhere in the world?
At the moment hollywood is pushing the 'victim' identity. Where your value is calculated by the number of people who have victimised you.

I think other industries will follow this fashion soon enough.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
The Metoo movement psy-op has permeated into every work place in the western world. It's a divide and rule tactic like all the others. The satanic cabal who rule the media don't give a toss about women's rights in the workplace. Hollywood is the focus of attention because everyone is bought and paid for.

I also believe the Metoo movement was created to remind Hollywood who's in charge. You speak out about certain things and you end up like Weinstein or Cosby.

justjess

Superstar
Lol... says a man.

Ask every woman you know personally if they’ve personally experienced sexual assault. Start there.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
Lol... says a man.

Ask every woman you know personally if they’ve personally experienced sexual assault. Start there.
Are you responding to me?
Lol... says a man.

I'm not saying these things don't exist. The casting couch has been around since Hollywood began. Predators everywhere. Who prey on women, children and men!

justjess

Superstar
I have fifteen females in my family between the ages of 20-40. I know for a fact FIVE have been raped. Not just sexually assaulted, but raped. I have mostly not inquired from the other 10 either because we are not close or they aren’t open people. That’s one out of three. And we aren’t poor, minorities, addicts or some other type of disadvantaged or at risk community. White upper middle class across the board.

When you question movements like metoo without any recognition of facts like that and the tens or hundreds of millions of women who have been sexually assaulted, you discount us and tell us that because of some questionable “politics” our experiences do not matter.

Cintra

Star
How do you feel about people using it to gain likes and social media influence, because 'a man touched me on my knee. metoo!! metoo!!!!'?

The very real problem of sexual violence against women is being hijacked by instavictims who just want likes, and ad promotions.

I find it very disturbing.
I find the while concept to be disturbing.
It's like women are being encouraged to be victims. To see themselves as victims, and to perceive interactions with men as victimisation.

And hashtags that want to compress everything from inappropriate knee touching to gang r*pe under the same umbrella is doing victims a disservice.

But that is just my opinion of this metoo thing.

justjess

Superstar
Was the very real problem of sexual violence against women getting ANY attention before this? As far as I can tell, no. Not outside of some very specific niche communities - feminists, social workers, etc.

Are there drawbacks? Yeah of course there are drawbacks to everything. Does a woman complaining about getting hit on or touched on the knee and equating it to sexual assault pose issues for women who have been “really assaulted” being taken seriously? Yes. However, we’ve never been taken seriously to begin with. So I’m looking at it as a process.

Women aren’t making themselves victims. Women who are actually victims - made so by other people - are speaking out and owning it so that maybe, just maybe some people will open their eyes and see the extent of the problem here.

I was raped. I have also been otherwise assaulted. I am a victim. But I’m not walking around “acting like a victim” - being a victim of a crime does not mean I have noagency or power in my life or have not risen above my victimhood in that area. Acknowledging you have been victimized is not something to be ashamed or embarrassed of, and we shouldn’t have to keep it in the closet to “look strong” or some other bullshit. Owning your experience is strength. It’s also, if you ask a therapist, an important piece of not walking around your life as an eternal victim.

If you told me you were robbed I wouldn’t be like “stop being a victim” - only women are asked to shut up because it makes other people uncomfortable and then gaslit with this victim bullshit.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
When you question movements like metoo without any recognition of facts like that and the tens or hundreds of millions of women who have been sexually assaulted, you discount us and tell us that because of some questionable “politics” our experiences do not matter.
That's not what I said at all and I pointed that out in my last post. Yes, I know it happens. I have a close family member that has been a victim of r@pe.

The point I was making was the MSM is 100% controlled. So if there is any kind of movement that gains traction and becomes the focus of the media (on a national level)you can be sure it was planned that way. TPTB control the narrative to serve their best interests.

Cintra

Star
Was the very real problem of sexual violence against women getting ANY attention before this? As far as I can tell, no. Not outside of some very specific niche communities - feminists, social workers, etc.

Are there drawbacks? Yeah of course there are drawbacks to everything. Does a woman complaining about getting hit on or touched on the knee and equating it to sexual assault pose issues for women who have been “really assaulted” being taken seriously? Yes. However, we’ve never been taken seriously to begin with. So I’m looking at it as a process.

Women aren’t making themselves victims. Women who are actually victims - made so by other people - are speaking out and owning it so that maybe, just maybe some people will open their eyes and see the extent of the problem here.

I was raped. I have also been otherwise assaulted. I am a victim. But I’m not walking around “acting like a victim” - being a victim of a crime does not mean I have noagency or power in my life or have not risen above my victimhood in that area. Acknowledging you have been victimized is not something to be ashamed or embarrassed of, and we shouldn’t have to keep it in the closet to “look strong” or some other bullshit. Owning your experience is strength. It’s also, if you ask a therapist, an important piece of not walking around your life as an eternal victim.

If you told me you were robbed I wouldn’t be like “stop being a victim” - only women are asked to shut up because it makes other people uncomfortable and then gaslit with this victim bullshit.
Fair enough.

If you feel that you and others have benefited from this movement, then it has value.