Why is Ramadan considered fasting when all people do is eat a large early 4 AM breakfast and just skip lunch then eat a huge dinner?

Go to actual youtube website, see playlist on right. 1st of 10 videos proving Muhammad was a white supremacist.

1) just because he was described as having light skin, doesn't mean he was a 'white supremacist'.
Taken from the prophet's final sermon

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except bypiety (taqwa) and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves.
Remember, one day you will appear before Allah and answer your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.

to even suggest a man who taught this message, in the 7th century, was a white supremacist....is just one of many examples of xtian 'logic'.
from the same weird cult called xtianity that believes 'a man who doesnt know the future, must be God derp'

2)
if amongst pakistanis like myself, someone was to say 'that WHITE GUY' they dont mean white in the way it's meant in the west. We call a western white person 'gora/gori' but we call a light skinned brown person 'safaid' (white).
Gora typically means a white european. safaid is just the colour white. for us the distinction is about race not colour specifically.
a race isnt associated with the colour. Eg if we say someone is 'kala' (black) we're not talking about African black.

Abraham was sumerian, more specifically he was a Chaldean.
we know Esau was red skinned.

3) was Jesus racist? he compared a Samaritan woman to a DOG.

JoChris

Superstar
I know you have to follow a script to get your 2 dollar paycheck every Ramadan, its alright, one day you'll mature enough to remember things. (And use the search function).
Distraction tactics. Are you willing to defend your faith or are you going to continue the same pattern of blame, insult and ignore yet again?
It is your religion's teachings. How do you justify Muslims' overeating during Ramadan?

Sarge

Rookie
Distraction tactics. Are you willing to defend your faith or are you going to continue the same pattern of blame, insult and ignore yet again?
It is your religion's teachings. How do you justify Muslims' overeating during Ramadan?
The example set by the Prophet was the polar opposite of overeating.

People overeating is a people problem, not a religious issue.

JoChris

Superstar
1) just because he was described as having light skin, doesn't mean he was a 'white supremacist'.

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except bypiety (taqwa) and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves.
Remember, one day you will appear before Allah and answer your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.

to even suggest a man who taught this message, in the 7th century, was a white supremacist....is just one of many examples of xtian 'logic'.
from the same weird cult called xtianity that believes 'a man who doesnt know the future, must be God derp'

2)
if amongst pakistanis like myself, someone was to say 'that WHITE GUY' they dont mean white in the way it's meant in the west. We call a western white people 'gora/gori' but we call a light skinned brown person 'safaid' (white).
Gora typically means a white european. safaid is just the colour white. for us the distinction is about race not colour specifically.
a race isnt associated with the colour. Eg if we say someone is 'kala' (black) we're not talking about African black.

Thank you for at least trying to partially answer the question.

Narrated Anas bin Malik: Allah's Apostle said, "You should listen to and obey, your ruler even if he was an Ethiopian (black) slave whose head looks like a raisin."
Sahih Bukhari 9:89:256

Qur'an 39:60
And on the day of resurrection you shall see those who lied against Allah; their faces shall be blackened. Is there not in hell an abode for the proud?

Ishaq:243 “I heard the Apostle say: ‘Whoever wants to see Satan should look at Nabtal!’ He was a black man with long flowing hair, inflamed eyes, and dark ruddy cheeks…. Allah sent down concerning him: ‘To those who annoy the Prophet there is a painful doom.” [9:61] “Gabriel came to Muhammad and said, ‘If a black man comes to you his heart is more gross than a donkey’s.’”

Al-Tirmidhi Hadith - 38
Narrated AbudDarda'
Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: Allah created Adam when He had to create him and He struck his right shoulder and there emitted from it white offspring as if they were white ants. He struck his left shoulder and there emitted from it the black offspring as if they were charcoal. He then said (to those who had been emitted) from the right (shoulder): For Paradise and I do not mind. Then He said to those (who had been emitted) from his left shoulder: They are for Hell and I do not mind.

Don't those verses sound like Muhammad saying black people are (at best) inferior to white people?

manama

Star
That’s your reply? With the way you were going..I would have thought you’d have something better...but guess not. There is no real rebuttal.
I'm not going to repeat the same thing I as well as everyone else here has said a million times.

Are you willing to defend your faith or are you going to continue the same pattern of blame, insult and ignore yet again?
It is your religion's teachings.
My faith doesn't need to be defended infront of you, however I did defend all of these points before. That is why I am telling you to search them up which you are willingly not doing because you are not here for an argument or for learning, you are here for attention.

How do you justify Muslims' overeating during Ramadan?
I don't. All kinds of people have bad eating habits, they can do them.

2)
if amongst pakistanis like myself, someone was to say 'that WHITE GUY' they dont mean white in the way it's meant in the west. We call a western white person 'gora/gori' but we call a light skinned brown person 'safaid' (white).

This. I am whiter/paler than many of my while European friends. Doesn't make me white by race, its just the complexion. However, here people think people are either black or white and there is no inbetween.

JoChris

Superstar
Challenge:

Answer:
Yes that is fair enough. Some people will overeat no matter what upbringing, culture or religion they are part of.

Can you show where Muhammad did not overeat/ taught against what people now call gluttony?

This Hadith of Prophet Muhammad is very beautiful, he was ahead of the game in regards to racism (which is still very bad in the Christian world)

Prophet Muhammad said: 'O people, your Lord is one and your father Adam is one. There is no favor of an Arab over a foreigner, nor a foreigner over an Arab, and neither white skin over black skin, nor black skin over white skin, except by righteousness. Have I not delivered the message?'

HA

'O people, your Lord is one and your father Adam is one. There is no favor of an Arab over a foreigner, nor a foreigner over an Arab, and neither white skin over black skin, nor black skin over white skin, except by righteousness. Have I not delivered the message?'

xtians: WOWWWWW THAT IS RACIST, LET'S EXPOSE THEM

also

1 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”
23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”
24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”
25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.
26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

it is only when the woman accepts her position, as a 'dog' in comparison to jews, by saying
"Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”
Jesus finally accepts her and helps her.

she had to basically openly say 'i'm a dog, but im happy to take the crumbs left over'. Jesus the supposed saviour of humanity was a jewish supremacist.

Yes that is fair enough. Some people will overeat no matter what upbringing, culture or religion they are part of.

Can you show where Muhammad did not overeat/ taught against what people now call gluttony?
Muhammad (peace be upon him) was a poor man. He did not eat lavishly, and even then, could not afford to.

The Sunnah encourages moderation in eating, and strongly criticizes extravagance.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: The son of Adam does not fill any vessel worse than his stomach. It is sufficient for the son of Adam to eat a few mouthfuls, to keep him going. If he must do that (fill his stomach), then let him fill one third with food, one third with drink and one third with air.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2380); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah (2265).

Narrated 'Aisha: A complete month would pass by during which we would not make a fire (for cooking), and our food used to be only dates and water unless we were given a present of some meat. (Bukhari Volume 8, Book 76, Number 465)

JoChris

Superstar
Muhammad (peace be upon him) was a poor man. He did not eat lavishly, and even then, could not afford to.

The Sunnah encourages moderation in eating, and strongly criticizes extravagance.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: The son of Adam does not fill any vessel worse than his stomach. It is sufficient for the son of Adam to eat a few mouthfuls, to keep him going. If he must do that (fill his stomach), then let him fill one third with food, one third with drink and one third with air.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2380); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah (2265).
I am aware Islam strongly encourages moderation in this life.

Can you explain why Muhammad promises (amongst other things) constant feasting in Islam's heaven, if overeating is frowned upon in this life? https://quran.com/52

22 And We will provide them with fruit and meat from whatever they desire.

Why is drinking of alcohol in heaven permitted?

23 They will exchange with one another a cup [of wine] wherein [results] no ill speech or commission of sin.

Narrated Anas bin Malik: Allah's Apostle said, "You should listen to and obey, your ruler even if he was an Ethiopian (black) slave whose head looks like a raisin."
Sahih Bukhari 9:89:256
Translation: Obey your leader even if you do not like them.

Qur'an 39:60
And on the day of resurrection you shall see those who lied against Allah; their faces shall be blackened. Is there not in hell an abode for the proud?
This is referring to hellfire, nothing to do with race.

Ishaq:243 “I heard the Apostle say: ‘Whoever wants to see Satan should look at Nabtal!’ He was a black man with long flowing hair, inflamed eyes, and dark ruddy cheeks…. Allah sent down concerning him: ‘To those who annoy the Prophet there is a painful doom.” [9:61] “Gabriel came to Muhammad and said, ‘If a black man comes to you his heart is more gross than a donkey’s.’”
Ibn Ishaq's book is not reliable and there aren't sources.

Al-Tirmidhi Hadith - 38
Narrated AbudDarda'
Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: Allah created Adam when He had to create him and He struck his right shoulder and there emitted from it white offspring as if they were white ants. He struck his left shoulder and there emitted from it the black offspring as if they were charcoal. He then said (to those who had been emitted) from the right (shoulder): For Paradise and I do not mind. Then He said to those (who had been emitted) from his left shoulder: They are for Hell and I do not mind.
Again, what does this have to do with the topic? it's talking about ants here and comparing them to aspects of heaven/hell.

I am aware Islam strongly encourages moderation in this life.

Can you explain why Muhammad promises (amongst other things) constant feasting in Islam's heaven, if overeating is frowned upon in this life? https://quran.com/52

22 And We will provide them with fruit and meat from whatever they desire.

Why is drinking of alcohol in heaven permitted?

23 They will exchange with one another a cup [of wine] wherein [results] no ill speech or commission of sin.
On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother was there, 2 and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. 3 When the wine was gone, Jesus’ mother said to him, “They have no more wine.”

4 “Woman,[a] why do you involve me?” Jesus replied. “My hour has not yet come.”

5 His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”

6 Nearby stood six stone water jars, the kind used by the Jews for ceremonial washing, each holding from twenty to thirty gallons.[b]

7 Jesus said to the servants, “Fill the jars with water”; so they filled them to the brim.

8 Then he told them, “Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet.”

They did so, 9 and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside 10 and said, “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.”

11 What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee was the first of the signs through which he revealed his glory; and his disciples believed in him.

12 After this he went down to Capernaum with his mother and brothers and his disciples. There they stayed for a few days.

John 2

Ninja

Rookie
Those who are watching can clearly see that the likes of Floss, JoChris & Lisa etc.. are not even trying to understand, they're already trying to counter what is being said. Rather than internalizing if it makes sense & on balance of probability, think maybe this person might be correct instead of my own predisposition. People like them are not critical thinkers or data driven, it seems like almost a trend where it's a post expert world. Where if an expert or someone whose trained into something for years, his information is somehow put aside and rumours, conjecture, misinterpretation, mistranslations regardless of how weak or untenable the evidence might be, it's accepted.

People like them often have misconceptions because it's something based on their selective ignorance. They want to be on that position, they don't want to clarify the answers here because it may change their views or perceptions on the faith of islam. You can differentiate between those who are inquisitive and want learn with sincerity and those who merely want to start an argument. Even if when muslims on here who have clarified something x amount of times, why would you come back repeatedly with the same argument? It seems as though they're fixated on this even after they've possibly understood it once the first time. It's not just a cognitive bias, it's a psychologically driven state where they don't want to have any other opinion rather than what they've already formed with themselves. Unfortunately it's a phenomena where it's driven by their own ideological position & prospective. It clearly shows in their interactions that they're insincere.

JoChris

Superstar
Translation: Obey your leader even if you do not like them.

This is referring to hellfire, nothing to do with race.

Ibn Ishaq's book is not reliable and there aren't sources.

Again, what does this have to do with the topic? it's talking about ants here and comparing them to aspects of heaven/hell.
1. That is an racist attitude, implying that a black man would be worse to obey than a white one.

2. OK, good interpretation.

3. Convenient excuse - it is a constant pattern. Whatever is frowned upon by society, the Muslim says isn't reliable.

4. Doesn't that sound to you like left shoulder is for black people, right shoulder for white people?
Black people go to hell, white people go to heaven.

JoChris

Superstar
Those who are watching can clearly see that the likes of Floss, JoChris & Lisa etc.. are not even trying to understand, they're already trying to counter what is being said. Rather than internalizing if it makes sense & on balance of probability, think maybe this person might be correct instead of my own predisposition. People like them are not critical thinkers or data driven, it seems like almost a trend where it's a post expert world. Where if an expert or someone whose trained into something for years, his information is somehow put aside and rumours, conjecture, misinterpretation, mistranslations regardless of how weak or untenable the evidence might be, it's accepted.

People like them often have misconceptions because it's something based on their selective ignorance. They want to be on that position, they don't want to clarify the answers here because it may change their views or perceptions on the faith of islam. You can differentiate between those who are inquisitive and want learn with sincerity and those who merely want to start an argument. Even if when muslims on here who have clarified something x amount of times, why would you come back repeatedly with the same argument? It seems as though they're fixated on this even after they've possibly understood it once the first time. It's not just a cognitive bias, it's a psychologically driven state where they don't want to have any other opinion rather than what they've already formed with themselves. Unfortunately it's a phenomena where it's driven by their own ideological position & prospective. It clearly shows in their interactions that they're insincere.

See you all later. God bless those who do truly want to investigate Islam.

For more interesting interactions, please go to YouTube and look for Christian apologetics livestream shows. There are plenty of apologists in different time zones that now have Muslims and Christians responding to each other.