Why is Ramadan considered fasting when all people do is eat a large early 4 AM breakfast and just skip lunch then eat a huge dinner?

turdmuppet

Rookie
Then they all sit around their houses and jobs with this angry look on their faces because they've had to go without cigarettes tea and fried flesh for 12 whole hours and they all rush to the kitchen to stuff their faces and gorge as soon as 7 pm rolls around. You should see what big lard ass breakfasts these fatsos wake up to eat every morning at 4 AM for their supposed fasts.

floss

Star
I see these self righteous pansy wankers acting like they are doing such a big deal by just skipping lunch everyday , try going without food for 5 days you weaklings then act like you've accomplished something.
They only do it to be seen by men. Fasting are meant to be private and not public matter. They believe in good deeds out weigh their bad deed, so ramadan are supposed to balance that scale (somehow). Jesus condemned ramadan

““Moreover, when you fast, do not be like the hypocrites, with a sad countenance. For they disfigure their faces that they may appear to men to be fasting. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. But you, when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face, so that you do not appear to men to be fasting, but to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6:16-18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

1. Ramadan isn't just about not eating food. It is about abstaining from anger, lust, envy, impatience, greed for the sake of God.
2. If God had required people to fast for 5 days in a row, it would be very difficult for many people. God doesn't want to burden people, he wants to make things easier for them. God doesn't burden people just for the sake of it -- that would be a useless exercise.
3. When you are not eating and drinking, even if it is for 17 hours or so, you realise how much you really depend on it, and how much of a blessing it is. You feel more grateful to God for all that He has given you.
4. Ramadan is considered a blessed month because in it, the gates of hell are closed, the devils are chained up, and the doors of heaven are open. This makes it easier to do good deeds, so that when Ramadan is over, we can continue to exercise self-restraint and fear of God.

Tikawanda

Established
What's the point as soon as it's over they all go rushing back to their old behaviors , seems all a bit farcical and fake to me.
How is that any different from other religious practices? Ffs, I know people who go to church every Sunday to "cleanse" themselves of sin, only for them to start sinning again right after and simply repeat the cycle. So drop the holier-than-thou attitude.

I can't imagine why anyone's religious/dietary practices should bother you or anyone else to begin with.

You're not even trying if you are just cheating this isn't fasting it's just skipping lunch and having a huge breakfast!
It is fasting. Take, for example, 18:6 intermittent fasting. You eat before and after the 18-hour fasting window. In theory, these meals can be as big or as small as you like. When muslims fast, they are typically not eating for between 14 and 17 hours (depending on where you live). It is the same, just with a different eating window, and fasting window.