Why is Ramadan considered fasting when all people do is eat a large early 4 AM breakfast and just skip lunch then eat a huge dinner?

Lisa

Superstar
1. Ramadan isn't just about not eating food. It is about abstaining from anger, lust, envy, impatience, greed for the sake of God.
I think the real test of lust is to let muslim women wear whatever they want during Ramadan..and see if that principle holds true.

God doesn't want to burden people, he wants to make things easier for them. God doesn't burden people just for the sake of it -- that would be a useless exercise.
How does fasting all day make things easier on people then..I’m confused. It seems like a big burden to try to eat as much as you can to make it through the day so then you can gorge yourself at night..wake up and do it all over again. And that does seem pretty pointless.

3. When you are not eating and drinking, even if it is for 17 hours or so, you realise how much you really depend on it, and how much of a blessing it is. You feel more grateful to God for all that He has given you.
You don’t know that you depend on food and water beforehand? Without food you grow lethargic.
Couldn’t you come to the same conclusion after one day of fasting? I don’t see the point of doing it for so long.

4. Ramadan is considered a blessed month because in it, the gates of hell are closed, the devils are chained up, and the doors of heaven are open. This makes it easier to do good deeds, so that when Ramadan is over, we can continue to exercise self-restraint and fear of God.
Muslims are supposed to show self restraint..however, I’ve read articles that during Ramadan a lot more evil is carried out by muslims.
1588977771092.jpeg

Unfortunately, muslims don‘t seem to exercise self restrain that often anyway...

Lisa

Superstar
Women are not objects to be treated in that way, nor would men wish their mothers, sisters and daughters to do such a thing. People have dignity for themselves, and should wish for dignity for others.
The whole reason that the women have to dress in extreme modesty is so they don’t tempt the lustful muslim men anyway..and if those same lustful muslim men practice restraint..then their women shouldn’t have to wear a tent..they are safe. Which is the whole reason for the burka anyway.

Fasting from sunrise to sunset is doable for people who have obligations like family and children, jobs, an education. Were it longer, say for many consecutive days, or longer than 24 hours, it would be detrimental to people's health, and would become a burden on them. They would not be able to do their job, or look after their children. There is divine wisdom in the fast being the length it is. That is what is meant when God says that he does not burden a people beyond their scope.

There is a different between knowing something and understanding it. I might know that I am very dependent on food, but when I am fasting and physically abstaining from food and water, the reality of it really hits home.
One day could accomplish the same thing though...

A muslim does not kill innocent people. It goes against everything that Islam teaches, and that person is punished if they do so. It is not a light matter to take a life in Islam, or indeed, to commit suicide bombings and acts of terror.
This site proves you wrong..

O you who have believed, decreed upon you is fasting as it was decreed upon those before you that you may become righteous - Quran 2:183

The month of Ramadhan [is that] in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for the people and clear proofs of guidance and criterion. So whoever sights [the new moon of] the month, let him fast it; and whoever is ill or on a journey - then an equal number of other days. Allah intends for you ease and does not intend for you hardship and [wants] for you to complete the period and to glorify Allah for that [to] which He has guided you; and perhaps you will be grateful. - Quran 2:185

Lisa

Superstar
O you who have believed, decreed upon you is fasting as it was decreed upon those before you that you may become righteous - Quran 2:183

The month of Ramadhan [is that] in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for the people and clear proofs of guidance and criterion. So whoever sights [the new moon of] the month, let him fast it; and whoever is ill or on a journey - then an equal number of other days. Allah intends for you ease and does not intend for you hardship and [wants] for you to complete the period and to glorify Allah for that [to] which He has guided you; and perhaps you will be grateful. - Quran 2:185
Seems though that Ramadan fasting is a hardship while you gorge yourself to fast all day..that’s a hardship. Especially when you become lethargic during the day because of it...and it can’t really be good for your body to suffer such extremes. Gorge/fast, gorge/fast.

Lisa

Superstar
Islam is not the only religion that prescribes modesty and chastity. Christianity and Judaism do the same. It is a relatively new phenomenon in history that women dress in short and tight clothing in public. The women of the past, whether Christian, Muslim, Jew, Hindu, or Sikh, would wear long dresses and shawls that would cover them, whether for their religion, culture, or the simple desire not to be objectified.

Let's say for the sake of argument that Islam is not a religion of peace. Why is it then, that out of the 1.9 billion muslims in the world, only a few have chosen to commit acts of mass terror? Is it that the 99.99% of muslims do not follow their scripture, that mandates them to commit acts of violence? How could that be? Islam condemns the killing of innocents, unequivocally. Saying otherwise is to directly contradict the teachings of the religion.
1588980389283.jpeg
I gotta say this isn’t modesty..but slavery.

How many muslims come out and condemn the acts of terrorism? Any..I’ve not heard any myself. Do you condemn the acts of terrorism by isis? Islam is about domination and control and not really a religion if it commits terroristic attacks, demeans and enslaves women and seeks to put the entire world under its sharia laws.
1588980709470.jpeg 1588980731028.jpeg

Lisa

Superstar
The mass media popularises those views that follow the agenda that serve it best. You may not hear of muslims condemnining terrorist acts because the churning, mass media machine has a louder voice than they do. It does not air their objections to the acts of terror against innocent civilians, but I can assure you that Muslims condemn terrorism in the strongest possible terms. Terrorism and terrorists are not part of the message of Islam.
You are a muslim? And you condemn isis, personally?

once again the xtians like lisa are just speaking absolute crap.
it's embarassing to even read

a xtian saying 'women should go full nude to test if muslim men can control their lust'
in response to someone saying 'fasting is about controlling lust'

only the self proclaimed followers of Jesus are this low.
the best bit is, she cant even see what was wrong in that statement.

Lisa

Superstar
once again the xtians like lisa are just speaking absolute crap.
it's embarassing to even read

a xtian saying 'women should go full nude to test if muslim men can control their lust'
in response to someone saying 'fasting is about controlling lust'

only the self proclaimed followers of Jesus are this low.
the best bit is, she cant even see what was wrong in that statement.
I didn’t say full nude..is that what taking off the burka means to you?

Lisa

Superstar
Are you saying that they are following the teachings of Muhammad (peace be upon him) in committing terrorist acts?
Aren’t they? Because that is what he did. If you condemn isis..are you also condemning muhammad when they are just copying him?

Lisa

Superstar
Its no coincidence that so-called 'Islamic terrorism' only really grew after American intervention in the Middle East. Terrorism is not the product of scriptural edicts, but regional and interventional conflicts in those areas.
I heard that rumor too, however that’s not exactly true either. it seems that the Sunni/Shia rift made it impossible for all of islam to get along and once Israel became a state..muslims turned their attention to Israel and have been either trying to openly attack it or terrorize it.

And I also know that the mahdi will come to Syria which I think it’s so interesting that a lot of fighting happens there..I think muslims are trying to bring on end times events and the mahdi and their Jesus returns so sharia can fill the whole world and end us Christians and the Jews. That doesn’t seem nice either.

I didn’t say full nude..is that what taking off the burka means to you?
the face veil isnt ordered by islam. it's a personal choice.

here's an example from the bible

31 Now Susanna was exceeding delicate, and beautiful to behold.
32 But those wicked men commanded that her face should be uncovered, (for she was covered,) that so at least they might be satisfied with her beauty.

the fact that men, even most men, are tempted by women...often isnt even about the lack of morality. it isnt a 'choice'. We have a dopamine dependency, some more than others..and it manifests in lust, gluttony, greed etc. it's basic biology. For example why do humans crave sugar? it's down to self-preservation...apparently in the ice age humans needed sugar...and so we've now inherited the tendency to crave sugar despite it being bad for us.
it is human who've placed higher values on ourselves, in persuit of higher ideals...and one is that many women dont want to be objectified by men.

islam is simple
'dress modestly, lower your gaze, dont show off, dont be extravagant'
in islam, walking heavy footed (as in, with arrogance) is disliked. in the Quran we're told Allah doesnt like SPENDTHRIFTS (overspenders). Yet i know many muslims who throw money about and want all the material things, fancy cars..and the best bit is those guys only do it to impress wimmin. them being weak and dumb, doesnt change the fact that islam has the right idea and gives instructions. whether people can abide by them is another matter.

Lisa

Superstar
This is from a 2017 article in the Intercept by Mehdi Hassan.

As with other Muslim converts who have turned to terror, such as Canadian Aaron Driver and Texan John Georgelas, as well as the born-again types, such as the Kouachi brothers in Paris and the Tsarnaev brothers in Boston, a distorted, simplistic and politicized form of Islam may have provided Masood with a ready-made justification for his violence, but I doubt it was the main motivation. While politicians and pundits obsess over the role played by political ideology — Islamism — or religious faith — Islam — they conveniently if irresponsibly avert their gaze from other, perhaps more crucial factors. There is the role of social networks and family ties; issues of identity and belonging; a sense of persecution; mental illness; socio-economic grievances; moral outrage over conflict and torture; a craving for glory and purpose, action and adventure. These have proved to be much better predictors of terrorist tendencies than religion and, specifically, religiosity.

Don’t take my (Muslim) word for it. In 2008, a leaked report by researchers for MI5, Britain’s domestic intelligence agency, found that “far from being religious zealots, a large number of those involved in terrorism do not practise their faith regularly,” according to the Guardian’s Alan Travis, who obtained, revealed and reported on the classified document, which is based on “hundreds of case studies” by the security service.

“They are mostly British nationals, not illegal immigrants and, far from being Islamist fundamentalists, most are religious novices,” wrote Travis, after reading the report, adding: “Very few have been brought up in strongly religious households, and there is a higher than average proportion of converts. Some are involved in drug-taking, drinking alcohol and visiting prostitutes.”

Should that man you quote mean anything to me? Because he doesn’t.

I also am aware of taquiya.

The British authorities who went out of their way to cover up muslim r*pe gangs?

I heard that rumor too, however that’s not exactly true either. it seems that the Sunni/Shia rift made it impossible for all of islam to get along and once Israel became a state..muslims turned their attention to Israel and have been either trying to openly attack it or terrorize it.

And I also know that the mahdi will come to Syria which I think it’s so interesting that a lot of fighting happens there..I think muslims are trying to bring on end times events and the mahdi and their Jesus returns so sharia can fill the whole world and end us Christians and the Jews. That doesn’t seem nice either.

the mahdi isnt coming to syria..where did you read that? actually the army that's supposed to fight him is going to come from syria and will be sent by a man belonging to the tribe of KALB...who btw Assad belongs to

actually in islamic prophecy, the antichrist/dajjal will come from 'a place between syria and iraq' (from the euphrates war)...and it makes perfect sense that the western powers influenced iraq and syria and created isis to control that specific area

Trump already said Obama created isis. it is true, omar baghdadi was seen with Senator Mccain without his beard prior. these people are agents. we all know about osama bin ladens history as 'tim osman'. this isnt even denied by america btw. no one is in denial about the origins of bin laden.

what isnt a surprise is both bin laden and baghdadi both were magically 'killed and buried at sea' (as in, they're protected, they never were killed, it was just propaganda).

as for Jesus and shariah. it says he will JUDGE US(MUSLIMS) by the law of the Quran.
that makes sense, why would Jesus judge muslims by any other law than our own? it's by our own standards we'llb e held accountable. Paul said something to that effect too.

Lisa

Superstar
the face veil isnt ordered by islam. it's a personal choice.
Right...they do it so they don’t get raped but sometimes it happens anyway.

here's an example from the bible

31 Now Susanna was exceeding delicate, and beautiful to behold.
32 But those wicked men commanded that her face should be uncovered, (for she was covered,) that so at least they might be satisfied with her beauty.
You’re now going to blame the Bible for the burka?

the fact that men, even most men, are tempted by women...often isnt even about the lack of morality. it isnt a 'choice'. We have a dopamine dependency, some more than others..and it manifests in lust, gluttony, greed etc. it's basic biology. For example why do humans crave sugar? it's down to self-preservation...apparently in the ice age humans needed sugar...and so we've now inherited the tendency to crave sugar despite it being bad for us.
it is human who've placed higher values on ourselves, in persuit of higher ideals...and one is that many women dont want to be objectified by men.
Ya, I know it’s not really your fault which is why you force your women to cover themselves up so you aren’t tempted to just r*pe them...that’s a pretty pathetic excuse..plus we all know how women in islam are second class citizens...though I think they are much further down then that since muslim men have absolutely no respect for women at all.

islam is simple
'dress modestly, lower your gaze, dont show off, dont be extravagant'
in islam, walking heavy footed (as in, with arrogance) is disliked. in the Quran we're told Allah doesnt like SPENDTHRIFTS (overspenders). Yet i know many muslims who throw money about and want all the material things, fancy cars..and the best bit is those guys only do it to impress wimmin. them being weak and dumb, doesnt change the fact that islam has the right idea and gives instructions. whether people can abide by them is another matter.
Women can’t even live a normal life because she’s terrified of the men in her life. Her husband beats her, her dad and brother may kill her and complete stranger may r*pe her if she doesn’t avert her gaze good enough for him. I don’t see how a woman could show off in a tent..but ok.

I find it so sad to see women in those cloth prisons..it honestly breaks my heart.:(

Ya, I know it’s not really your fault which is why you force your women to cover themselves up so you aren’t tempted to just r*pe them...that’s a pretty pathetic excuse..plus we all know how women in islam are second class citizens...though I think they are much further down then that since muslim men have absolutely no respect for women at all.

Women can’t even live a normal life because she’s terrified of the men in her life. Her husband beats her, her dad and brother may kill her and complete stranger may r*pe her if she doesn’t avert her gaze good enough for him. I don’t see how a woman could show off in a tent..but ok.

I find it so sad to see women in those cloth prisons..it honestly breaks my heart.:(
Your heart doesn't need to be broken, because women are not treated as second class citizens in Islam. I should know, I'm a Muslim. The Quran addresses men and women equally:

Indeed, the Muslim men and Muslim women, the believing men and believing women, the obedient men and obedient women, the truthful men and truthful women, the patient men and patient women, the humble men and humble women, the charitable men and charitable women, the fasting men and fasting women, the men who guard their private parts and the women who do so, and the men who remember Allah often and the women who do so - for them Allah has prepared forgiveness and a great reward. (33:35)

1) dont dissect posts, it's annoying.
2) Right...they do it so they don’t get raped but sometimes it happens anyway.
are you on crack?
if i say 'humans are weak, we're not angels' for example, that isnt saying 'oh its totally okay' is it?
3) the face veil is not mainstream and i proved that..and i further linked an example to the bible just to show it has biblical roots..as in, it is a way for religious women who dont want to be objectified.
you are again taking the piss out of religion. you moron.
4) women get raped, killed, beaten all the time in the west...it isnt the fault of a religion. again stop exaggerating..
and it's also sad that THIS was your response by a well intended post from me.

Lisa

Superstar
the mahdi isnt coming to syria..where did you read that? actually the army that's supposed to fight him is going to come from syria and will be sent by a man belonging to the tribe of KALB...who btw Assad belongs to
Your pal scimi told me..
The Mahdi will be a Khaliph, yes. But not in the beginning... he will rise to that status over time.

The Mahdi will eventually reach Damascus, where he will face the Antichrist in the battle - but the night before it starts, Jesus descends on Damascus and joins with the remainder believers at that time. Some scholars have surmised that the believers will be the local Muslims, Christians and Jews of the area - and they will be notified of their ranks in heaven by Jesus, and the Mahdi will make way for Jesus to lead the dawn prayer - but Jesus will say "Iqamah has already been made" meaning, the call has already been made to prayer, and so Mahdi will lead the prater and Jesus will pray in the row behind the Imam Mahdi.

After the prayer, they will face off against the Anti-Christ, who will be waiting outside the gate of Lud with his army.

Trump already said Obama created isis. it is true, omar baghdadi was seen with Senator Mccain without his beard prior. these people are agents. we all know about osama bin ladens history as 'tim osman'. this isnt even denied by america btw. no one is in denial about the origins of bin laden.

what isnt a surprise is both bin laden and baghdadi both were magically 'killed and buried at sea' (as in, they're protected, they never were killed, it was just propaganda).
Always quite intersting how nothing is the muslim man’s fault..

as for Jesus and shariah. it says he will JUDGE US(MUSLIMS) by the law of the Quran.
that makes sense, why would Jesus judge muslims by any other law than our own? it's by our own standards we'llb e held accountable. Paul said something to that effect too.
Don’t you all think that the world will be then held to sharia law

Lisa

Superstar
Your heart doesn't need to be broken, because women are not treated as second class citizens in Islam. I should know, I'm a Muslim. The Quran addresses men and women equally:

Indeed, the Muslim men and Muslim women, the believing men and believing women, the obedient men and obedient women, the truthful men and truthful women, the patient men and patient women, the humble men and humble women, the charitable men and charitable women, the fasting men and fasting women, the men who guard their private parts and the women who do so, and the men who remember Allah often and the women who do so - for them Allah has prepared forgiveness and a great reward. (33:35)
If they are so equal where’s the man’s burka? What’s the women’s reward in heaven?