Why is Ramadan considered fasting when all people do is eat a large early 4 AM breakfast and just skip lunch then eat a huge dinner?

turdmuppet

Rookie
Anything less than 24 hours is just considered skipping a meal if you're going to do something do it right and with full effect otherwise it's just half measures

It's not fasting it's over indulging for breakfast then eating a large dinner
over indulging for BREAKFAST? i close my fast around 2:45am and opened it at 8:52pm today. who eats breakfast at 2:45?
i dont overindulge. with lockdown and not doing taraveeh jamaat, im working out hard at midnight.
i close my fast with oatmeal and whey (because obv i need the protein)
i tend to open it with basic fruit, rice, steak tuna/lentils (depending on my mood).
aside from the tuna, that's about the cheapest bunch of meals you can get. even the whey powder i got on boxing day sales.

most muslims are the same. the whole culture of eating large meals, greasy fry ups...im sure many do...but it isnt healthy and it's taxing on the liver.
i also sleep 2x3 hours..and this is something i picked up only in ramadan initially to manage my time better inbetween salat.

you should try sleeping 2x3-4 hours. it's actually considered healthier.

but like i said, you couldnt hack a taraveeh jamaat.
you can't talk.

turdmuppet

Rookie
Stop making excuses for your lazy methods if you're going to fast then at least give God a full 24 hours of your time you weaklings

turdmuppet

Rookie
I don't have to show you anything you need to reevaluate what you consider a true fast for God Jesus and moses fasted for 40 days and nights

Stop making excuses for your lazy methods if you're going to fast then at least give God a full 24 hours of your time you lazy weaklings
We don't make the rules. God does. If we are asked to fast from sunrise to sunset, that is what we do. God doesn't make things harder for people than He must. He doesn't overburden people beyond their capacity. A lot of people may be working, studying, looking after children while fasting. It would be difficult for them to abstain from food and water while going about their daily work, especially without water. It may be entirely possible for a diabetic to fast for 16 hours, but had he been asked him to fast for longer, say 24 hours, it may have become untenable. Why would God cause people to suffer just for the sake of it? There is divine wisdom in the fast being the length it is.

turdmuppet

Rookie
Extra credit can't hurt call a fast what it is and stop lying to yourselves and calling skipping a meal and a huge breakfast a fast

I don't have to show you anything you need to reevaluate what you consider a true fast for God
lol you're fake as hell.
when did God demand a '24 hour' fast?

example
Daniel
3 I ate no choice food; no meat or wine touched my lips; and I used no lotions at all until the three weeks were over.

that's easy.

On no soul does God Place a burden greater than it can bear. It gets every good that it earns, and it suffers every ill that it earns. (Pray) “Our Lord! Condemn us not if we forget or fall into error; our Lord! Lay not on us a burden Like that which Thou didst lay on those before us; Our Lord! Lay not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Blot out our sins, and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. Thou art our Protector; Help us against those who stand against faith.”

This is from the Quran, 2:286.

turdmuppet

Rookie
Why does God have to demand for you to do why can't you just show God love and do more without being asked or forced , it's not a fast if it's not 24 hours or more , eating a large breakfast then skipping lunch and eating a huge dinner isn't fasting no matter how many excuses you make

Why does God have to demand for you to do why can't you just show God love and do more without being asked or forced , it's not a fast if it's not 24 hours or more , eating a large breakfast then skipping lunch and eating a huge dinner isn't fasting no matter how many excuses you make
We can fast extra days outside of Ramadan if we wish in order to show devotion to God.

Look at it like this: if God had asked that people fast for 24 hours, or for 40 days, they wouldn't be able to fulfil their obligations to others, such as working, studying, etc. without damaging their health. People must still be able to contribute to their society and be able to put food on the table.

As for Jesus, Moses and Abraham (peace be upon them) being asked to fast for longer than ordinary people, that is because God asked more of his prophets and messengers than he did from the ordinary people. They are exceptional cases.