Why Is Mgtow Growing?

mecca

Superstar
Look at shows like Family Guy and the Simpson's. We're behind conditioned to think of men as similar to Peter Griffin and therefore less than
But there's also conditioning in tv shows to portray women negatively as well.
In my state, it's stupidly hard to get custody as a male but simple as a woman. Child support is the same way. Not everywhere or every state has these issues but they are there.
I know those are real issues but I think society is more anti-human than anti-male because there are problems specific to each gender.

Damien50

Star
But there's also conditioning in tv shows to portray women negatively as well.

I know those are real issues but I think society is more anti-human than anti-male because there are problems specific to each gender.
I get that and you arent wrong but the negative portrayals of men seem to weaken while for the women it seems to divide and empower false lifestyles.

mecca

Superstar
I get that and you arent wrong but the negative portrayals of men seem to weaken while for the women it seems to divide and empower false lifestyles.
Cause women were already seen as weaker/inferior. At least in the past and they were portrayed that way too.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Both feminism and MGTOW are based on self protection and suspicion of the motives of the opposite sex.

I find it interesting that a much quoted passage from Ephesians 5 only works if both partners in a relationship live up to their part...

"22Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.24Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. 28So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself."

If more people gave to their relationships as an act of worship to God and of sacrifice when the going gets tough, things would be very different.

Damien50

Star
Cause women were already seen as weaker/inferior. At least in the past and they were portrayed that way too.
Right but now it's okay to live these alternate life styles and traditional women are mocked for being archaic.

TMT

Star
Yea in that way it's anti-male but as a whole, how? Also in terms of the general population's views on men, how are they anti-male?
That's not so much anti-male as anti-black.
Society as anti-male is hilarious because it's so false. In every part of the world its easier to be a man than a woman.

justjess

Superstar
F-ck my ex-GF for breaking-up with me! :mad:

She successfully wasted 5 years of my precious time! :mad:
(Not counting additional expenses for dates, presents, etc.)
Yeah exactly.. that's what these "movements" really boil down to in the end. Sad.

justjess

Superstar
Ugh.. custody laws and child support are the way they are because of traditional patriarchal views of gender differences (women-raise kid, man-make money). Some of you love those views when they suit you but deny they even exist when they don't.

The criminal justice system does go harder on men. So I will again have to ask you why? Please see above if you need a general reminder.

All this stuff u are blaming women and feminism for is actually a result of patriarchy and traditional macho views.

The Ritalin and ADHD stuff is concerning and I do agree to an extent as far as schools are concerned - boys more aggressive active behavior is not accepted and they do over medicate and discipline etc to try to squash that. That I agree with. But how the heck feminism gets The blame for that.. they are trying to make us all quiet compliant robots. Women just shut up easier - thousands of years of being forced to leaves an impression.

mecca

Superstar
Ugh.. custody laws and child support are the way they are because of traditional patriarchal views of gender differences (women-raise kid, man-make money). Some of you love those views when they suit you but deny they even exist when they don't.
Exactly.
The criminal justice system does go harder on men. So I will again have to ask you why? Please see above if you need a general reminder.

All this stuff u are blaming women and feminism for is actually a result of patriarchy and traditional macho views.

The Ritalin and ADHD stuff is concerning and I do agree to an extent as far as schools are concerned - boys more aggressive active behavior is not accepted and they do over medicate and discipline etc to try to squash that. That I agree with. But how the heck feminism gets The blame for that.. they are trying to make us all quiet compliant robots. Women just shut up easier - thousands of years of being forced to leaves an impression.
True.

TMT

Star

It should go harder on men because men are responsible for far more crimes especially violent ones.

Kung Fu

Superstar
That article said 52% of managers are women... 2% more than men isn't a lot... plus men hold a vast majority of CEO positions. (Less than 5 percent of women occupy CEO roles at S&P 500 companies.)
Go back and read what I said slowly. CEO positions are related to the top point of the pyramid. They're an extremely small number of men. The people that rule the majority of men are the middle layers of the pyramid which comprise of mostly women.

mecca

Superstar
The people that rule the majority of men are the middle layers of the pyramid which comprise of mostly women.
Out of the people that "rule" the majority of men and women... 2% more of them are women.

justjess

Superstar
It should go harder on men because men are responsible for far more crimes especially violent ones.
Even all that aside.. two identical crimes, identical backgrounds, identical legal representation only difference is one perp is male the other female. The female will almost always get a lighter sentence. But this isnt because of feminism. This is because of "women are delicate flowers and blah blah blah" patriarchy crap.

mecca

Superstar
Even all that aside.. two identical crimes, identical backgrounds, identical legal representation only difference is one perp is male the other female. The female will almost always get a lighter sentence. But this isnt because of feminism. This is because of "women are delicate flowers and blah blah blah" patriarchy crap.
Yeah and it's not right... there are too many problems with the legal system.