Why is Christ the only hope for mankind?

recure

Established
Also Finland is now arresting people for reading and promoting the Bible. They call the Bible hate speech.
The Scandinavian countries are among the (top 10) most irreligious in the world. Ironically, this is where Lutheranism predominated.

e-Enoch

Superstar
The real danger is China. While we measure our time BC and AD they refuse to go along with this and continue to measure time their own way. They want US out of the picture. Also Finland is now arresting people for reading and promoting the Bible. They call the Bible hate speech.

jehannami

because i built my life
im not a sellout
i take my wife seriously
i mean what do these
peaseants expect?

Daze

Superstar
John 14:6
New International Version

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
We know Jesus lived roughly 2000 years ago. No idea how old the planet is, some say millions of years, others say 4-6k.
Assuming its at least 3000 years old, what about those who lived before Jesus was born? Guess they got no chance, huh?

Abraham walked before Jesus. As did Moses. Guess they're out of luck?

I do wish people would apply some kind of intellect to religion because the truth does not fear scrutiny. God is all knowing, and clearly he gave us intellect. When you don't use it.. Who do you have to blame when judgement day arrives but yourself?

And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?” (Matt 27:46)

Sorry, i can't bring myself to worship a man who cried to God to save him.

I know i give you trinitarians a hard way to go. But you'll see why on judgement day when Jesus will reject all who worshiped him. Indeed the next life is forever. It is eternal bliss or eternal torment. There is no "purgatory". I would say, ask God to show you the truth. But apparently some here think that is "deceitful"?

Ma salaama (with peace)

e-Enoch

Superstar
We know Jesus lived roughly 2000 years ago. No idea how old the planet is, some say millions of years, others say 4-6k.
Assuming its at least 3000 years old, what about those who lived before Jesus was born? Guess they got no chance, huh?

Abraham walked before Jesus. As did Moses. Guess they're out of luck?

I do wish people would apply some kind of intellect to religion because the truth does not fear scrutiny. God is all knowing, and clearly he gave us intellect. When you don't use it.. Who do you have to blame when judgement day arrives but yourself?

And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?” (Matt 27:46)

Sorry, i can't bring myself to worship a man who cried to God to save him.

I know i give you trinitarians a hard way to go. But you'll see why on judgement day when Jesus will reject all who worshiped him. Indeed the next life is forever. It is eternal bliss or eternal torment. There is no "purgatory". I would say, ask God to show you the truth. But apparently some here think that is "deceitful"?

Ma salaama (with peace)
I would like to invite you to read the Bible. Read both the Old and New Testament. Especially read the Gospel according to John.

It's an open invitation. If, however, you refuse to, then I certainly respect your decision.

Salvation in Christ is not about intellect...it's about having Faith on Him as Lord and Saviour.

Daze

Superstar
I would like to invite you to read the Bible. Read both the Old and New Testament. Especially read the Gospel according to John.

It's an open invitation. If, however, you refuse to, then I certainly respect your decision.

Salvation in Christ is not about intellect...it's about having Faith on Him as Lord and Saviour.
While today i am a Muslim i was a Christian for 30 years. I remember in Sunday school we had a game. The teacher would read off a chapter and verse from the Bible and the first to find it in their Bible got candy. I won this game many times.

Problem is Enoch, is God gave us intellect, therefore he expects us to use it. When Jesus says he does not know when the hour occurs...

But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven,
neither the Son, but the Father. (Mark 13:32)

..I do believe that we can agree that God has complete and total knowledge. In fact He is the source of it. Can me or you possibly know something that He doesn't? Now when "God" doesn't know something, something He himself has set. As the Father does know the hour.. that is a problem Enoch.

Have you given any thought to what i posted above? What chance does Noah have on finding God? Because according to your belief, he died long before Jesus walked this earth.

I agree, you should read your Bible. Lord knows i have.

I suggest you ask God to show you the truth. It is the only way you will find it. If you think you already have truth...
Well, the wisest amongst us are the first to admit they don't know everything.

soc wisdom.jpg

e-Enoch

Superstar
While today i am a Muslim i was a Christian for 30 years. I remember in Sunday school we had a game. The teacher would read off a chapter and verse from the Bible and the first to find it in their Bible got candy. I won this game many times.

Problem is Enoch, is God gave us intellect, therefore he expects us to use it. When Jesus says he does not know when the hour occurs...

But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. (Mark 13:32)

..I do believe that we can agree that God has complete and total knowledge. In fact He is the source of it. Can me or you possibly know something that He doesn't? Now when "God" doesn't know something, something He himself has set. As the Father does know the hour.. that is a problem Enoch.

Have you given any thought to what i posted above? What chance does Noah have on finding God? Because according to your belief, he died long before Jesus walked this earth.

I agree, you should read your Bible. Lord knows i have.

I suggest you ask God to show you the truth. It is the only way you will find it. If you think you already have truth...
Well, the wisest amongst us are the first to admit they don't know everything.

View attachment 73412
Yes, I know the Truth...and He is Jesus Christ. Truth is not an abstract concept or idea...as the world knows it... Jesus is The Truth, The Life and The Way... as it says in John 14:6.

I came to know Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour in a very personal way, through the leading of the Holy Spirit while reading the Gospel of John... now this might be confounding... but it's a personal testimony of my conversion...and I'm eternally grateful to God Almighty for that...

As for Socrates, I feel sorry for him that in his "quest for truth" despite devising a clever Socratic Method to help educate the youth of Athens...this caused his death as he was sentenced to prison for a crime of "impiety..." Then he was "suicided" by forcing him to drink that killer hemlock...

That quote from him...while very appealing in an academic context...is a "sad declaration" of "perpetual ignorance..."

The Bible says in Proverbs 4:6-7..."Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding..."

Daze

Superstar
Yes, I know the Truth..
This is the problem, ego.

I came to know Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour in a very personal way,
Are you not troubled by the fact that Jesus could not save himself? I mean he cries to God right before they crucify him. Yet you expect him to save you?

.is a "sad declaration" of "perpetual ignorance..."
Actually, being able to admit one doesn't know everything is the exact opposite of ignorance. Compared to God our knowledge it equal to that of a bird, taking a sip from the ocean. We have so very little.

It is what it is Enoch. Many of us won't find truth until judgement day, when its too late. Until then continue to worship one who openly tells you..

by himself..

By myself I can do nothing;

I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself
but him who sent me (John 5:30)

Who sent Jesus Enoch? Who has the power to tell God to do.. anything?

As i said, we should ask God for the truth, but if you think you already have it.. well. .. You can't pour tea into a cup that's already full. Can you?

Don't worry, the truth awaits us all at the end. Thankfully for me at least, my God isn't repeatedly referred to as Prophet in my book.

And the crowds were saying, “This is the prophet Jesus, from Nazareth in Galilee.” (Matthew 21:11)

e-Enoch

Superstar
This is the problem, ego.

Are you not troubled by the fact that Jesus could not save himself? I mean he cries to God right before they crucify him. Yet you expect him to save you?

Actually, being able to admit one doesn't know everything is the exact opposite of ignorance. Compared to God our knowledge it equal to that of a bird, taking a sip from the ocean. We have so very little.

It is what it is Enoch. Many of us won't find truth until judgement day, when its too late. Until then continue to worship one who openly tells you..

by himself..

By myself I can do nothing;

I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself
but him who sent me (John 5:30)

Who sent Jesus Enoch? Who has the power to tell God to do.. anything?

As i said, we should ask God for the truth, but if you think you already have it.. well. .. You can't pour tea into a cup that's already full. Can you?

Don't worry, the truth awaits us all at the end. Thankfully for me at least, my God isn't repeatedly referred to as Prophet in my book.

And the crowds were saying, “This is the prophet Jesus, from Nazareth in Galilee.” (Matthew 21:11)
I respect your opinion. Thanks for your time.

Daze

Superstar
I respect your opinion. Thanks for your time.
Well, here's hoping you take my advice to heart and ask God to separate the truth from the falsehood.

Indeed, If God wanted every single man, woman and child would be upon the religion of Adam. Clearly we are not, so we should re-establish our link with the Source. We do this by calling on him alone. Without partners. Such as the 10 commandments command.

Thou shall have no gods But Me!. (Exodus 20:3)

Peace.

e-Enoch

Superstar
Well, here's hoping you take my advice to heart and ask God to separate the truth from the falsehood.

Indeed, If God wanted every single man, woman and child would be upon the religion of Adam. Clearly we are not, so we should re-establish our link with the Source. We do this by calling on him alone. Without partners. Such as the 10 commandments command.

Thou shall have no gods But Me!. (Exodus 20:3)

Peace.
From The Prince of Peace...

Daze

Superstar
From The Prince of Peace...
If you mean Jesus? He actually says he has a god multiple times. Such as

‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father,
to my God and your God.’” (John 20:17)

As it is, you are looking for a way to kill me,
a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. (John 8:40)

to depictions of being in worship of his god.

One of those days Jesus went out to a mountainside to pray, and spent the night praying to God. (Luke 6:12)

Nah, I'm pretty sure the one who said "No Gods but me" wasn't Jesus. I mean God calls Jesus his servant.

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified
his servant Jesus. (Acts 3:13)

If i misinterprited your "Prince of peace" comment then my bad. But Jesus and God are clearly different. I mean they have opposing wills. Such as when Jesus asked God to save him and he said "not as i will but as you will" (Matthew 26:39).

Axl888

Established
But Jesus and God are clearly different. I mean they have opposing wills. Such as when Jesus asked God to save him and he said "not as i will but as you will" (Matthew 26:39).
Liar...where in the bible it says Jesus opposed the will of the Father, even the verse you mentioned clearly states that Jesus yields to the will of the Father.

But then again it is understandable since you are an apostate (as you have claimed) and had lost your discernment on matters of the Word of God, but I do pray for your repentance and salvation, perhaps you still have time.