• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Zoidberg

Established
3637889.jpg
Hello folks, this thread will be talking about why I hate political parties. This thread will mainly focus on US political parties. There are a lot more political parties. Enjoy!

This thread will be a shorter version and not a long thread. Medium read.

Why I Hate Political Parties in the United States

For an introduction, political parties have ruined the United States and other nations. Political parties have divided people throughout centuries and made America, weak. America is feeble because of division created by political parties. George Washington warned against political parties in the United States of America. People in America were beginning to divide, based on political relations to a party. Two parties were created out of this mess, the Federalists, and the Democratic-Republicans. Federalists supported a big federal government, educated people in government, and promoted a national bank. The Democratic-Republicans promoted a strong state government, the American people in government, and promoted agriculture. Two people mainly represented these parties, Alexander Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson; excellent people. Political parties had divided two people in government. Paving the road for America.

Throughout the time in America, political parties have caused hassle in America. Americans have come to dislike nearly everything about modern campaigns. 'The new style has brought out aspects of politics that were once largely out of sight. Ambition, manipulation, and deception have become as prominent as issues of policy and leadership' (HistoryNews). American people are sick and tired of fake promises from political candidates. It's almost always the same rhetoric "I will support you, I will represent you, I will care for you." But they only care about the special elite and people who put money in their pockets.

Political parties have created difficulties for the government to function. If another party has an idea to push forward, the other party rejects it, and it eventually does not get passed. But if the other party has more House and Senate seats, they can pass it. Dysfunctional and oblivious government politics.

Another reason is that political parties attack the other candidate, rather than focusing on the issues. The media constantly releases pieces attacking Presidents throughout the United States. Other political parties will destroy candidates, on the other side, into a million pieces. For example, Andrew Jackson vs. John Quincy Adams. John Quincy Adams couldn't get anything done because of Andrew Jackson, people in government, attacking him.

The final reason I hate political parties in the United States is that people throw protests because of them. I'm not arguing that people shouldn't have free speech, I'm talking about riots in the streets. This happened under the Trump presidency and is still going on, other political parties causing disturbances because of somebody else winning. It makes America look weak and other countries can take advantage of us.

Thanks,

-Zoidberg

Work Cited Page

History News Network - Why Do So Many Americans Hate Political Parties? https://historynewsnetwork.org/article/1127

Last edited:

TonyVanDam

Established
The founding fathers warned that the political parties would be used for evil. Wise people.
Thomas Payne was [IMO] the wisest of all of the founding fathers. The biggest problem within USA politics is that most politicians [especially the U.S. Congress in general] have absolutely no common sense anymore. It's not about being right-wing, left-wing, or center. It's about having some common sense when solving issues.

mecca

Superstar
The founding fathers warned that the political parties would be used for evil. Wise people.
The founding fathers were smart, freedom lovers.
At least that's what history painte them as.
The "founding fathers" only loved freedom for themselves. They were rich white landowners who had slaves. They wrote the constitution to protect their own class and keep people like them in power. The constitution was created to give all political power to rich old white men, they didn't even allow anyone else to vote. Women, poor men, and especially other races had no say. The bill of rights (which is the only good part of the constitution) had to be amended into the document because of pressure from the people and not because they actually cared about protecting the common people's rights and freedom.

The "founding fathers" only loved freedom for themselves. They were rich white landowners who had slaves. They wrote the constitution to protect their own class and keep people like them in power. The constitution was created to give all political power to rich old white men, they didn't even allow anyone else to vote. Women, poor men, and especially other races had no say. The bill of rights (which is the only good part of the constitution) had to be amended into the document because of pressure from the people and not because they actually cared about protecting the common people's rights and freedom.
While you're not wrong per se. But to say that the constitution only gave power to the old rich white men is just stupid. They believed in freedom from Britain's oppressive monarchy. Yes the bill of rights to appease the anti-federalists, the US constitution has some great ideas, but yes are heavily squandered by a corrupt govt. You don't insult the founding fathers.

You do also realize that subsequent amendments allowed blacks to vote, women to vote, abolition of slavery, etc?

It was also the time period. You know, the culture of the time?

Lmao, you're joking right?
I think you don't really get it. Yes, we've had a very bad past, but we can learn from it, move on, and make a better America. The founding fathers were geniuses that did set the fundamentals of how freedom should be in this country. Yes they were slave-owners, but still.

mecca

Superstar
No, you don't insult them. You do, get out of my country.
So now speaking facts is considered an insult? lmao
They're dead, I can say whatever I want. Rightfully criticizing how bad the "founding fathers" were is not wrong.

So now speaking facts is considered an insult? lmao
They're dead, I can say whatever I want. Rightfully criticizing how bad the founding fathers were is not wrong.
No its more just, you're basically disrespecting this country. You have the right to, doesn't mean its right though.