Why Feminism Wants to Dismantle the Family

There's no propaganda, I stated facts. Either go away or actually contribute something when you reply to me.
  • In 51 percent of custody cases, both parents agreed — on their own — that mom become the custodial parent.
  • In 29 percent of custody cases, the decision was made without any third party involvement.
  • In 11 percent of custody cases, the decision for mom to have custody was made during mediation.
  • In 5 percent of custody cases, the issue was resolved after a custody evaluation.
  • Only 4 percent of custody cases went to trial and of that 4 percent, only 1.5 percent completed custody litigation.
Thank you! Thats all I wanted is actual statistics. And don't get snarky with me.

I already gave statistics, and you can't go around calling my posts propaganda. I have no interest in deception... I care about facts.
I didn't see any other of your posts on this thread that gave statistics.

Helioform

Star
There's no propaganda, I stated facts. Either go away or actually contribute something when you reply to me.
  • In 51 percent of custody cases, both parents agreed — on their own — that mom become the custodial parent.
  • In 29 percent of custody cases, the decision was made without any third party involvement.
  • In 11 percent of custody cases, the decision for mom to have custody was made during mediation.
  • In 5 percent of custody cases, the issue was resolved after a custody evaluation.
  • Only 4 percent of custody cases went to trial and of that 4 percent, only 1.5 percent completed custody litigation.
Not that I don't believe that, but I'd be interested to see where those stats are coming from.

Maes17

Superstar
I agree with you. While feminism did some good, it has in some ways destroyed aspects of society. Especially marriage, its just kind of sad. Not saying that women can't live on their own, I'm just saying that its in some ways ruined marriages and relationships, mostly because of third-wave feminism.
Feminism is good that it encourages women to be strong.
It's bad cause some women go overboard with the power trip and destroy a solid family foundation

What do you mean by abortion? Wouldn’t that exclusively deal with women?
How can it exclusively deal with women when it takes a man and a woman to make a child? Why I brought this up as an example is because the choice of to/not to abort is solely up to the female despite it being two people involved. Then if she decides to have the baby while the father does not, she can put him on child support. If its the other way around (the father wants the baby while the mother does not) she can abort the baby with no input from the father.

Family court does favor women but that’s one department of an entire institution. That’s probably because of the gender stereotypes we’re all accustomed to.
The reasons as to why they're given favor isnt really relevant. All thats relevant is that they are given privileges over men, which feminists have a problem outright admitting.

There’s he said she said r*pe cases but does that happen that often? Theres a lot of rapist that do get charged and barely spend time in prison if at all.
I dont know how often it happens the fact is when it does, the women will be given the benefit of the doubt over the man. Which is another advantage the courts give women.

91% of child custody cases are mutually decided outside of the court system. Within the 4% that are actual court cases, a bias might be found... but it's not because the courts hate men or they want to actively privilege women, it's because they are under the patriarchal idea that men are not capable of being caregivers and that women must only care for children and cannot have careers.
Can you show me where these stats are coming from? Also. your reasonings as to why courts favor women isnt relevant (nor provable). All that matters is if they are given an advantage or not, and its clear they are. I also said divorce/alimony/child support as well. The "whys" dont matter because the only point that was made was that women have privileges over men. Can you name what privileges society gives men but not women?

The bias within the 91% of mutually decided decisions outside of the courts comes from the same ideas of men being incapable as nurturers and women's sole role as child makers and caregivers. Men are deciding to give the mothers primary custody because of these flawed ideas. But this is not what's best for the children, the children should spend equal amounts of time with a capable mother and a capable father. Children need both of their parents.
There are many things that go into a mutually decided decision of who gets the children so to label it all to stereotypes concerning gender roles is a little bit overboard imo.

Violette

Star
How can it exclusively deal with women when it takes a man and a woman to make a child? Why I brought this up as an example is because the choice of to/not to abort is solely up to the female despite it being two people involved. Then if she decides to have the baby while the father does not, she can put him on child support. If its the other way around (the father wants the baby while the mother does not) she can abort the baby with no input from the father.

The reasons as to why they're given favor isnt really relevant. All thats relevant is that they are given privileges over men, which feminists have a problem outright admitting.

I dont know how often it happens the fact is when it does, the women will be given the benefit of the doubt over the man. Which is another advantage the courts give women.
Because she’s the one who has to carry it. Pregnancy takes a huge toll on your body so of course the mother is the deciding factor regardless of what the father wants. You can’t force someone to carry a baby they don’t want. If you don’t want to be a father wear a condom, simple. No adverse effects for either party unlike birth control.
The reason they’re given favor is relevant because it’s a reflection of our society’s gender stereotypes, I don’t think feminists have an issue discussing that.
Women are given the benefit of the doubt because people don’t usually lie about something that serious. It happens but that’s really rare. Women getting the benefit of the doubt in r*pe cases is not worse than rapists walking away with a slap on the wrist.

Last edited:

Aero

Superstar
Your original post was seriously overburdened. But that's just icing on the cake. To the fact that there is relatively little anyone can do with that information. I wish people here would stop listening to Jordan Peterson. The guy is a fucking goof. He will pull whatever emotional string he can for attention. He's just feeding off of weak men, and it is that simple.

Yes guys. Go on over to the Psychologist who is going to tell you what you want to hear. The system is screwing you. Women are screwing you. Feminism is out to get you! Stop reinforcing false ideas, because you are making yourselves weaker because of it. And the only ones really benefiting are those who would charge money to serve crap.

I don't think that the concept of family in America has been destroyed. In fact it seems like the opposite is true. People seem closer than ever to their families, and further away from everyone else. To me that is a serious problem. We are all part of a community whether we like it or not. And none of us can maintain our lifestyles without each other. That is just cold hard truth right there. I'm not saying less family is good. I'm just saying we could do with more community type mentalities.

Helioform

Star
Feminism is only but a tool being used to break the family unit. It's not the only one. Genders are made to hate each other. It's the old divide and conquer strategy. Also things like excessive birth control, casual sex/cheating, transgenderism (with chemicals added to food or not) homosexuality, loss of family values, infertility, are being pushed forward to achieve the same result. The end result is loss of social cohesion and ultimately depopulation.

mecca

Superstar
Can you show me where these stats are coming from?
https://schmidtlawservices.wordpress.com/2015/03/05/do-fathers-get-shorted-in-custody-disputes/
https://www.encyclopedia.com/social-sciences-and-law/law/law/child-custody
your reasonings as to why courts favor women isnt relevant
How is the reasoning irrelevant? The bias has to come from somewhere. If you know the cause then you can try to find an accurate solution. If you're concerned with the problem then you should want to find out why it's happening. There is a lot of sexism in our society and it affects everything, including the court systems. There is the perception that a man has to prove he is fit to raise a child and a woman has to prove that she is unfit to raise a child. This isn't a part of the law, it is a part of today's society, an unconscious bias. It's not intentionally in favor of women, it stems from the sexist ideas of women and men's roles. We have a flawed society that doesn't see men as capable caretakers and sees women as harmless. Removing the bias and sexism can only be beneficial to everyone, especially the children.
https://www.hunterheinattorneys.com/do-dad-s-have-a-chance-against-mom-s-in-child-custody-cases-.html
There are many things that go into a mutually decided decision of who gets the children so to label it all to stereotypes concerning gender roles is a little bit overboard imo.
I'm not saying that it's the only factor... but when focusing on the bias of women getting custody more often, it is a very big factor. If these sexist ideas and dynamics didn't exist, then the child would be with both parents or be with the truly most fit parent... the statistics would be far more equal. Another factor is that in general, the mother spends more time raising the child compared to the father, so naturally they could both decide to let the child stay with the mother.
Married fathers spend 6.5 hours a week taking part in primary child care activities with their children on average. Married mothers spend 12.9 hours. Since two-income households are now the norm, not the exception, the above information indicates that not only are mothers working they are also doing twice as much child care as fathers.
http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2011/06/15/a-tale-of-two-fathers/

Last edited:

Helioform

Star
I got different statistics for child custody, at least in my country (Canada), and this comes from actual legal source.

"Of the cases included in the survey, mothers were most likely to gain exclusive custody. While 12.8 per cent of cases resulted in shared custody, fathers only gained exclusive custody 6.6 per cent of the time and mothers gained exclusive custody 79.3 per cent of the time. The numbers also differ based on the age of the child. While the mother gained custody in 80.6 per cent of cases in which the child was five years of age or younger, when the child was between six and 11 years old, the mother gained custody only 74 per cent of the time.

When it came to contact with the non-custodial parent, of the 86.2 percent of children who lived with their mother only, 14.8 per cent of children never visited with their fathers. Another 24.6 per cent of children who lived with their mothers visited with their fathers irregularly, and 46.8 per cent saw their fathers at least every two weeks. In the 7.3 per cent of cases where the father gained custody, only .7 percent of children never saw their mothers, 2.2 per cent of children saw their mothers irregularly, and 4.4 per cent of children saw their mothers at least every two weeks.

Couples going through divorce may not be sure what living arrangements would be best for their children. Individuals may want to work with a lawyer to come up with the best possible child custody agreement.

Source: Canada Department of Justice, “Selected Statistics on Canadian Families and Family Law: Second Edition“, July 31, 2014

https://www.laughlinlaw.ca/blog/2014/08/statistics-reflecting-child-custody-agreements-in-canada.shtml

mecca

Superstar
I got different statistics for child custody, at least in my country (Canada), and this comes from actual legal source.
No one is saying that women don't typically get primary custody so I don't see how the stats are very different. But it's not because of the law, it's not even because of the courts... since most people decide outside of court, It's because of our sexist society.

justjess

Superstar
Feminism is used to break down the family. Where do a lot of those incarcerated men come from? Broken homes.
Which came first.. the chicken or the egg?

Mass incarceration started BEFORE the rise in single parents. If u want specifics of why a high rate of incarcerated men would discourage women to marry, pm me.

mecca

Superstar
Feminism is used to break down the family. Where do a lot of those incarcerated men come from? Broken homes.
Which came first.. the chicken or the egg?
Mass incarceration started BEFORE the rise in single parents. If u want specifics of why a high rate of incarcerated men would discourage women to marry, pm me.
Feminism doesn't promote broken homes in the first place. The whole point is equality, so both the mother and the father have to equally contribute to raising a child... not just one of them.

Helioform

Star
No one is saying that women don't typically get primary custody so I don't see how the stats are very different. But it's not because of the law, it's not even because of the courts... since most people decide outside of court, It's because of our sexist society.
Well according to the source, 48% of those cases were from a court order. Which is a pretty large proportion.

justjess

Superstar
Feminism doesn't promote broken homes in the first place. The whole point is equality, so both the mother and the father have to equally contribute to raising a child... not just one of them.
Men having a criminl record makes them unrealistic marital partners. There are many reasons for this. High rates of incarceration in a community goes hand in hand with low rates of marriage and high rates of single parents.

The PTB know exactly what they are doing by incarcating millions of men of prime age for marroage and children. This started before third wave feminism and is wholly unrelated but definately has a larger burden for the state of marriage and families in minority and low income communities.