Why Do You Think Jesus Is The Son Of God?

Daciple

Star
We're all children of God, are we not?
John 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

1 John 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Everyone apart from Christ are children of the Devil, it is by Christ that we are adopted back to be Children of God:

Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Alanantic

Star
John 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

1 John 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Everyone apart from Christ are children of the Devil, it is by Christ that we are adopted back to be Children of God:

Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
I don't think we can have an intelligent conversation yet. ...It's not you, it's me.

floss

Star
Okay, ya got me thinking...

"When you have to make a choice and don’t make it, that is in itself a choice." – William James
Indeed, not accepting the free gift of salvation from God is your choice. He had done everything for us to become His children. You're not part of the family without the blood of Jesus, so I don't believe everyone is automatically "children of God".

All God's children are spiritually pure and if one's not purified by His blood, they cannot become His children.
Hebrews 9:22King James Version (KJV)
22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Personally, I believe why many don't accept a free gift from the awesome God is because we are indoctrinated to work for everything.
The Greatest News is that the WORKS is completed 2017 years ago!
John 19:30King James Version (KJV)
30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Got a song for you Alan

elsbet

Superstar
Okay, ya got me thinking...

"When you have to make a choice and don’t make it, that is in itself a choice." – William James
Exactly.. we can't sit this one out.
So even if you plead the fifth or call yourself a conscientious objector, you've made the choice.

You're into music and quotes that are worth repeating (I identify)-- start listening with that in mind, that you have to pick a side, and you'll realize that everything we listen to is just riddled with it.

This life is more than just a read through.
RHCP

Forever Light

Veteran
John 10:31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
10:32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I showed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your Law, I said, Ye are gods?
10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the Word of God came, and the Scripture cannot be broken;
10:36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
10:37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
10:38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father [is] in me, and I in Him.
(Kofk)

Daciple

Star
John 10:31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
10:32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I showed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your Law, I said, Ye are gods?
10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the Word of God came, and the Scripture cannot be broken;
10:36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
10:37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
10:38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father [is] in me, and I in Him.
(Kofk)
What is your intent on quoting this Scripture if I may ask?

Forever Light

Veteran
What is your intent on quoting this Scripture if I may ask?
It was quoted in response to reading the the title of this thread.
Because, Christ explains it right there.
And it quotes Him doing so, in His own words, in reply to the Jews who were falsely accusing Him of blasphemy, because He said He was the Son of God.
Further, He did it in such a brilliant way, that they could not possibly refute anything that He had said.
He accomplished this by simply quoting to them, the truth contained in Psalms (acknowledged by all as Holy Scripture) and thereby, as they could not argue against what it says, or against what He had said, He had proved them to be wrong and left them absolutely no wriggle-room, whatsoever.

He gave them a totally water-tight, bullet-proof and iron-clad answer, that they could not possibly argue against and win, simply by quoting from The Word.

Psalm 82

82:1 <A Psalm of Asaph.> God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; He judgeth among the gods.
82:2 How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? The rock.
82:3 Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.
82:4 Deliver the poor and needy: rid [them] out of the hand of the wicked.
82:5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.
82:6 I have said, Ye [are] gods; and all of you (your spirit-Beings) [are] children of the Most High.
82:7 But ye (your Beings) shall die like men (humans), and fall like one of the princes.
82:8 Arise, O God, judge the earth: for Thou shalt inherit all nations. (Kofk)

He was also explaining to them, at the same time, the difference between the human (animal body/flesh) and the spirit(-Being) and telling then that they were NOT really (only) human.
(For the full explanation about this, please see:
http://jahtruth.net/wayad.htm )

But, instead of understanding, they just became even more angry and hateful and so they sought again to take Him, but He escaped from out of their hand (John 10:39).

Last edited:

elsbet

Superstar
It was quoted in response to reading the the title of this thread.
Because, Christ explains it right there.
And it quotes Him doing so, in His own words, in reply to the Jews who were falsely accusing Him of blasphemy, because He said He was the Son of God.
Further, He did it in such a brilliant way, that they could not possibly refute anything that He had said.
He accomplished this by simply quoting to them, the truth contained in Psalms (acknowledged by all as Holy Scripture) and thereby, as they could not argue against what it says, or against what He had said, He had proved them to be wrong and left them absolutely no wriggle-room, whatsoever.

He gave them a totally water-tight, bullet-proof and iron-clad answer, that they could not possibly argue against and win, simply by quoting from The Word.

Psalm 82

82:1 <A Psalm of Asaph.> God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; He judgeth among the gods.
82:2 How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? The rock.
82:3 Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.
82:4 Deliver the poor and needy: rid [them] out of the hand of the wicked.
82:5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.
82:6 I have said, Ye [are] gods; and all of you (your spirit-Beings) [are] children of the Most High.
82:7 But ye (your Beings) shall die like men (humans), and fall like one of the princes.
82:8 Arise, O God, judge the earth: for Thou shalt inherit all nations. (Kofk)

He was also explaining to them, at the same time, the difference between the human (animal body/flesh) and the spirit(-Being) and telling then that they were NOT really (only) human.
(For the full explanation about this, please see:
http://jahtruth.net/wayad.htm )

But, instead of understanding, they just became even more angry and hateful and so they sought again to take Him, but He escaped from out of their hand (John 10:39).
Some believe he was addressing the Divine Council or possibly the Watchers (granted, they may have been one and the same) in this chapter.

Daciple

Star
What do you think He was telling them, please?
He was telling them He is God. In Ps 82 that is, as mentioned by elsbet, taking place in the Divine Council, where God is meeting with the other Angels or Divine Beings. That sets the stage of why Jesus quotes Ps 82, to bring to mind to the Pharisees that there are Divine Beings in Heaven. Essentially He begins by declaring that He can call Himself the Son of God because He is a Divine Being that came from Heaven, He was there in that Council.

He goes one step further in verse 30 and 38 by declaring that He and the Father are one, and the Father is in Him and He in the Father, what He is then declaring is that He is God, He is the Head of the Divine Council, thus He can declare Himself the Son of God and it not be blasphemy.

I bring this up because many people try and twist this to mean that He was saying its ok for Jesus to call Himself the Son of God because He is declaring that they or everyone is a god, which is not at all what Jesus was saying and makes absolutely no sense in context let alone understanding of the Psalm. Only Jesus has the right to declare Himself the Son of God, as He is one with the Father, and He is the head of the Divine Council.

Daciple

Star
Dear Daciple,
Thank you for your reply.
Understood.
If you would like to know more about this, then please study "The Way home or face The Fire" - By JAH. It is available as a free PDF download, at:
http://jahtruth.net/wayad.htm
Peace be with you,
Forever Light.
Thanks but no thanks, I have the Word of God, I dont need to read a Book by an author that is trying to call himself God...