Why Do You Think Jesus Is The Son Of God?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
You've done no such thing. Can you please stop lying to yourself? Jesus is the son of Mary. That should be enough to prove that Bible error.
Are you saying that I have made no effort to explain why I believe Jesus is the Son of God? I'm confused by the accusation...

What does my belief in the Resurrection, the Trinity and the Empty Tomb say about my attitude to my Lord and Saviour?

Last edited:
The simple fact that he is firstly the son of Mary proves that he is not the son of God since saying the latter could suggest to one that Mary is God, Which she's not. You're rejecting the simple truth that God Is One and that's that. Why the obstinacy when the situation the world currently finds itself in is so dire? Also, you've no right to ascribe to God whatever is ascribable to us. God Is Unique and none is like Him.

More and more people are atheists nowadays and you know why's that? Because human beings don't speak about Him as He Deserves To Be Spoken About! He's Our Creator. Nobody has the right to reject Him. He Is The One Who Created every single unit of creation, every single unit of vision, every single unit of thought, every single unit of sound, every single unit of taste, and every single unit of sensation and feeling.

All that we love is only existing because of Him. Why are people taking everything for granted nowadays and becoming more and more dissatisfied? He's The Greatest of all Favors conferred upon us. He's Watching us and Maintaining us alive at each and every second, whatever dimension we're in, whether of this world or the hereafter. So, Only He's Worthy Of Being Loved and Praised more than everything else!

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Rejection of Jesus as the Son of God is axiomatic to Islam. Your anger at me holding a belief that is in opposition to that message brings your faith into conflict with my own...

That God loved us so much that he chose to voluntarily enter our reality and his own creation in the person of Jesus, in all its humility is stunning to comprehend. That he should offer his sinless life as a final sacrifice for our sins blows my mind.

When Jesus died, the sins of the whole world were placed on him, and he became sin for us.

The sins of the whole world include yours, and the offer of forgiveness and eternal life are held out.

Lady

Star
In Islam we have the Isnad - it is unique to Islam and one of the ways in which Almighty God preserved the truth by way of His righteous servants.

There is no such thing in any other religion in the world, including Christianity.

There is so much doubt surrounding the preservation of the Quranic text that you should stop stating this. Uthman burned all earlier copies around 640 ( give or take) when he compiled what is the text now in existence.
Those whom are interested in this claim of the pure line of text can read more information here:
http://www.qcc.cuny.edu/SocialSciences/ppecorino/INTRO_TEXT/Chapter 3 Religion/Koran-Origins.htm
http://www.harvardhouse.com/quran_purity.htm

Also, remember, floating around is the alleged information that there are 26 different versions containing differing words and meanings.
It make one wonder....

Last edited:
There is so much doubt surrounding the preservation of the Quranic text that you should stop stating this. Uthman burned all earlier copies around 640 ( give or take) when he compiled what is the text now in existence.
Those whom are interested in this claim of the pure line of text can read more information here:
http://www.qcc.cuny.edu/SocialSciences/ppecorino/INTRO_TEXT/Chapter 3 Religion/Koran-Origins.htm

Also, remember, floating around is the alleged information that there are 26 different versions containing differing words and meanings.
It make one wonder....
Hi Lady, :) - the doubt and wonder are with you and those who try to discredit Islam...

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it.

And you have no right to tell me what I should or shouldn't do. o_O Carry on as you wish with your doubts, but I'll keep stating the truth and shining the light of Islam and the Glorious Quran.

DesertRose

Superstar
Lady it is an oral recitation first and foremost.
I was trying to find a historical narration for lady about a Muslim shaykh whose caravan was ambushed and whose books were set alight. However, he was at ease because he had memorized his books.

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
If that is true, it does not ease doubts, but increases them!
LOL no need to be alarmed, Lady here is how it came about according to our tradition:
https://islamqa.info/en/10012
Excerpt for full go to source please:
"The Qur’aan was revealed to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in stages over a period of twenty-three years. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And (it is) a Qur’aan which We have divided (into parts), in order that you might recite it to men at intervals. And We have revealed it by stages”

[al-Isra’ 17:106]

al-Sa’di (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

This means, We have revealed this Qur’aan in stages, to differentiate between guidance and misguidance, between truth and falsehood.

in order that you might recite it to men at intervals” means, slowly, so that they may ponder and think about its meanings, and understand the different branches of knowledge contained therein.

And We have revealed it by stages” means, gradually, over a period of twenty-three years.

Tafseer al-Sa’di, p. 760.

Secondly:

Literacy was not widespread among the Arabs. Allaah described them in such terms when He said (interpretation of the meaning):

“He it is Who sent among the unlettered ones a Messenger (Muhammad) from among themselves”

[al-Jumu’ah 63:2]

They used to memorize the Qur’aan by heart, and a few of them used to write down some verses or soorahs on animal skins, thin white stones and the like.

Thirdly:

At first the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade the writing of anything other than the Qur’aan, and he forbade them to write down his words for a while, so that the Sahaabah would focus on memorizing the Qur’aan and writing it down, and so that the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) would not be confused with the words of Allaah, and so the Qur’aan was protected from anything being added or taken away.

Fourthly:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) appointed a group of his companions who were trustworthy and knowledgeable to write down the revelation. They are known in their biographies as those who wrote down the Revelation, such as the four Caliphs, ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas, Mu’aawiyah ibn Abi Sufyaan, Zayd ibn Thaabit and others – may Allaah be pleased with them all.

Fifthly:

The Qur’aan was revealed in seven dialects as was narrated in the saheeh hadeeth of ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). This was narrated by al-Bukhaari (2287) and Muslim (818); these were the dialects of the Arabs which were known for their eloquence.

Sixthly:

The Qur’aan continued to be preserved in the hearts of the Sahaabah who had memorized it, and on the skins and other materials until the time of the caliph Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq (may Allaah be pleased with him). During the Riddah wars many of the Sahaabah who had memorized the Qur’aan were killed, and Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him) was afraid that the Qur’aan would be lost. So he consulted the senior Sahaabah about compiling the Qur’aan in a single book so that it would remain preserved and would not be lost. He entrusted this mission to the chief of memorizers Zayd ibn Thaabit (may Allaah be pleased with him). Al-Bukhaari narrated in his Saheeh (4986) that Zayd ibn Thaabit (may Allaah be pleased with him)

LOL no need to be alarmed, Lady here is how it came about according to our tradition:
https://islamqa.info/en/10012
Excerpt for full go to source please:
"The Qur’aan was revealed to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in stages over a period of twenty-three years. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And (it is) a Qur’aan which We have divided (into parts), in order that you might recite it to men at intervals. And We have revealed it by stages”

[al-Isra’ 17:106]

al-Sa’di (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

This means, We have revealed this Qur’aan in stages, to differentiate between guidance and misguidance, between truth and falsehood.

in order that you might recite it to men at intervals” means, slowly, so that they may ponder and think about its meanings, and understand the different branches of knowledge contained therein.

And We have revealed it by stages” means, gradually, over a period of twenty-three years.

Tafseer al-Sa’di, p. 760.

Secondly:

Literacy was not widespread among the Arabs. Allaah described them in such terms when He said (interpretation of the meaning):

“He it is Who sent among the unlettered ones a Messenger (Muhammad) from among themselves”

[al-Jumu’ah 63:2]

They used to memorize the Qur’aan by heart, and a few of them used to write down some verses or soorahs on animal skins, thin white stones and the like.

Thirdly:

At first the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade the writing of anything other than the Qur’aan, and he forbade them to write down his words for a while, so that the Sahaabah would focus on memorizing the Qur’aan and writing it down, and so that the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) would not be confused with the words of Allaah, and so the Qur’aan was protected from anything being added or taken away.

Fourthly:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) appointed a group of his companions who were trustworthy and knowledgeable to write down the revelation. They are known in their biographies as those who wrote down the Revelation, such as the four Caliphs, ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas, Mu’aawiyah ibn Abi Sufyaan, Zayd ibn Thaabit and others – may Allaah be pleased with them all.

Fifthly:

The Qur’aan was revealed in seven dialects as was narrated in the saheeh hadeeth of ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). This was narrated by al-Bukhaari (2287) and Muslim (818); these were the dialects of the Arabs which were known for their eloquence.

Sixthly:

The Qur’aan continued to be preserved in the hearts of the Sahaabah who had memorized it, and on the skins and other materials until the time of the caliph Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq (may Allaah be pleased with him). During the Riddah wars many of the Sahaabah who had memorized the Qur’aan were killed, and Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him) was afraid that the Qur’aan would be lost. So he consulted the senior Sahaabah about compiling the Qur’aan in a single book so that it would remain preserved and would not be lost. He entrusted this mission to the chief of memorizers Zayd ibn Thaabit (may Allaah be pleased with him). Al-Bukhaari narrated in his Saheeh (4986) that Zayd ibn Thaabit (may Allaah be pleased with him)
Thanks DR! May Allah reward you with good <3 I can almost guarantee you that @Lady will not read those points though, her heart is too doubtful. :(

He has ordained for you of religion what He enjoined upon Noah and that which We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what We enjoined upon Abraham and Moses and Jesus - to establish the religion and not be divided therein. Difficult for those who associate others with Allah is that to which you invite them. Allah chooses for Himself whom He wills and guides to Himself whoever turns back [to Him].

And they did not become divided until after knowledge had come to them - out of jealous animosity between themselves. And if not for a word that preceded from your Lord [postponing the penalty] until a specified time, it would have been concluded between them. And indeed, those who were granted inheritance of the Scripture after them are, concerning it, in disquieting doubt.

So to that invite, and remain on a right course as you are commanded and do not follow their inclinations but say, "I have believed in what Allah has revealed of the Qur'an, and I have been commanded to do justice among you. Allah is our Lord and your Lord. For us are our deeds, and for you your deeds. There is no [need for] argument between us and you. Allah will bring us together, and to Him is the [final] destination."

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
This may be the last post I'm putting up on this particular thread which you can ignore or watch as you see fit. I started by asking the question from the perspective of someone who believes and to justify why I believe. Those reasons come from both biblical and extra-biblical sources but I don't think I properly said why it is spiritually significant in terms of the Gospel that Jesus must be the Son of God.

The words of someone else are the best way I can finish my contribution here...

JoChris

Superstar
You've done no such thing. Can you please stop lying to yourself? Jesus is the son of Mary. That should be enough to prove that Bible error.
That is not an error. It doesn't matter how far-fetched it may seem to you.

God CHOSE to send Jesus via impregnating Mary via the Holy Spirit. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+1:26-38&version=KJV
If God can create a physical universe out of nothing, He can certainly make a woman He created fall pregnant if that is His will.
You have no problem believing Muhammad flew to the moon on a horse but can't believe God the Father made the virgin Mary bear Jesus, His begotten Son?

P.S. Muhammad 6th century AD. Interviewer of Mary lived in ***1st century *** AD.
How you Muslims seem to believe a non-witness knew better than the apostles shows an incredible amount of faith in your prophet's "knowledge".

I am being frank. I cannot put it any more tactfully than that.

Last edited:
Rejection of Jesus as the Son of God is axiomatic to Islam. Your anger at me holding a belief that is in opposition to that message brings your faith into conflict with my own...
Rejection of anybody as the son of A Being Whom nobody has ever seen is axiomatic to every reasonable being. We're the ones who beget.

That God loved us so much that he chose to voluntarily enter our reality and his own creation in the person of Jesus, in all its humility is stunning to comprehend. That he should offer his sinless life as a final sacrifice for our sins blows my mind.
The truth is never complicated to comprehend. Everybody needs to repent for their sins and ask God To Help them to never do it again. Eventually God Will Protect everybody from the shame of sin which will lead to a better society where everybody is conscious wherever they may be, alone or in public, that God Is Watching them and that they should always be mindful of Him and look for ways to obtain His Approval.

When Jesus died, the sins of the whole world were placed on him, and he became sin for us.
He didn't even die yet. And how illogical that he should now be carrying sins as disgusting as p***philia and whatnot. There's no license to sin!

The sins of the whole world include yours, and the offer of forgiveness and eternal life are held out.
My sins are forgiven by God every time i ask Him For Forgiveness. In return, He Grants me the strength to completely stay away from them.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@God_Is_Formless

The 'scandal of grace' has God forgiving the repentant tax collector and not the self-righteous pharasee.

You don't have to repent and accept the payment Jesus made - you can reject his sacrifice. Often those who do realise their need for a Saviour only after blowing their own low standards!!!!

Some may have sufficient confidence in their own conduct to stand before God and allow their works to be weighed. This place is called the Great White Throne in the Bible.

Last edited:

God CHOSE to send Jesus via impregnating Mary via the Holy Spirit. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+1:26-38&version=KJV
If God can create a physical universe out of nothing, He can certainly make a woman He created fall pregnant if that is His will.
You have no problem believing Muhammad flew to the moon on a horse but can't believe God the Father made the virgin Mary bear Jesus, His begotten Son?

P.S. Muhammad 6th century AD. Interviewer of Mary lived in ***1st century *** AD.
How you Muslims seem to believe a non-witness knew better than the apostles shows an incredible amount of faith in your prophet's "knowledge".

It is an error since you cannot say that Jesus is the son of Mary while at the same time also saying that he is the son of God. He Indeed Did Send Jesus and He Indeed Did Cause Mary to become pregnant via the holy spirit who is none other than Archangel Gabriel. But then again, God Does Not Need the holy spirit to Cause something to exist just like that just as He Cause everything to exist through His Command 'Be'.

All i am saying is that begetting sons and daughters is something which is common to us, mere mortals. Do not ascribe anything to God. God Does Not beget. We are the ones who beget offspring that continue ourselves in one way or another. Our children resemble us. There's nothing that's even remotely comparable unto God, Who Always Existed. He was never Created. Absolutely nothing can be likened to Him.

@God_Is_Formless

The 'scandal of grace' has God forgiving the repentant tax collector and not the self-righteous pharasee.

You don't have to repent and accept the payment Jesus made. Often those who do realise their need for a Saviour only after blowing their own low standards!!!!

Some may have sufficient confidence in their own conduct to stand before God and allow their works to be weighed. This place is called the Great White Throne in the Bible.
More and even more complications. There's Only One God. When you sin, you resolve never to do it again and ask Him for Help. End of story.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
More and even more complications. There's Only One God. When you sin, you resolve never to do it again and ask Him for Help. End of story.
Might it be a good point to simply say that I take no offence whatsoever from your defence of Islam and I am aware that my insistance on the truth of the Gospel is what brings us in to conflict (of view only).

Peace be upon you @God_Is_Formless

Except that we believe in Jesus' miraculous birth from the virgin Mary so this post of yours is pointless except for you to get a few jabs in at our faith. :rolleyes:

Kung Fu

Superstar
Christians cite scholars who believe
Except the pool of scholars that believe is relatively small when compared to other scholars. However, that's not even the most important issue. Christian scholars really have nothing because they don't even have the proper evidence (manuscripts) to work with. We can only work with the evidence and sources we do have and even the sources and the manuscripts we do have are completely contradictory to one another which is why so many scholars critique the Bible. I'm a man of logic and reason and this is why I left the Bible and chose the Quran. It's really as simple as that.

Kung Fu

Superstar

It make one wonder....
Everytime I question you on this you run away and never play game so perhaps it's you that should stop posting this ridiculous claim like you know what you're talking about. Or are you finally going to discuss it with me and answer my questions regarding this matter?