Why Do People Smoke Crack?

Etagloc

Superstar
I was in the hood one day
That's when I saw her face
She looked hella fine to me

Then she talked about someone and said "THEY SHOOT HEROIN- I might smoke crack but I don't do no heroin"..........

Why do people smoke crack?

Etagloc

Superstar
All that biochemical reductionism is focused on in order to obscure the bigger picture of why my old hood is so crack-infested. it's not that everyone in the ghetto suddenly had a brain malfunction at the same time

Tatilina

Star
All that biochemical reductionism is focused on in order to obscure the bigger picture of why my old hood is so crack-infested. it's not that everyone in the ghetto suddenly had a brain malfunction at the same time
I'm not ruling out influential environmental factors here either. You asked a question and that's one of the many probable reasons. Why ask if you already know? I have drug addicts on my mom's side and I believe that has a lot to do with it.

Etagloc

Superstar
I'm not ruling out influential environmental factors here either. You asked a question and that's one of the many probable reasons. Why ask if you already know? I have drug addicts on my mom's side and I believe that has a lot to do with it.
I ask to see what other people have to say. I have part of the puzzle but that don't mean I have the whole puzzle.

And even in my old hood.... one of the rehabilitated crack heads who turned drug counselor even told me- she said the people smoking crack are people who have been traumatized. She said if you talk to them and you really examine it, pretty much all of them have been traumatized..... the official narrative doesn't mention trauma and merely serves to obscure what's actually happening

Etagloc

Superstar
No, it gives a better understanding of how it affects the brain and most people are very uninformed and uneducated on how the brain actually works.
Okay. So you defend the official narrative...... right..... scientists and people with power love you and they want to tell you truth.... riiiiiiiight

Etagloc

Superstar
i did. it just regurgitated the official narrative I've heard a million times. scientists serve the interests of the people with power.

JoChris

Superstar
I was in the hood one day
That's when I saw her face
She looked hella fine to me

Then she talked about someone and said "THEY SHOOT HEROIN- I might smoke crack but I don't do no heroin"..........

Why do people smoke crack?
I thought it would be the same reason as for any other drug.
Boredom, feelings of escape, pleasure, peer pressure.

Aero

Superstar
Well a lot of intelligent and successful people end up smoking crack and doing coke and stuff. So economic equality is only part of it, the poor areas are only the ones hit hardest. Because they are poor. Inherently I think that has nothing to do with drug use, but might contribute to trends. Crack is just the perfect drug to get people addicted, and when you package it up in 5 dollar hits than any bum can try to score some.

And the first time they smoked. Maybe they were just curious, or thought it wasn't a big deal. Maybe they didn't follow the official narrative of drug use in America. They could of thought that experimentation isn't bad, the problem is dependence and addiction. But I don't think they are anymore addicted to crack than people are addicted to their cell phones.