Why Do People Smoke Crack?

Lisa

Superstar
Well, according to TMT....
Legalized drugs will not have a significant impact on usage. Are you going to shoot up if heroin is made legal? No and most people wont
It's probably because its not legal...but I kinda think you're right...hate their lives and want an escape.

rainerann

Star
I was in the hood one day
That's when I saw her face
She looked hella fine to me

Then she talked about someone and said "THEY SHOOT HEROIN- I might smoke crack but I don't do no heroin"..........

Why do people smoke crack?
Personally, from my experience, it does have something to do with the way a person wants to be identified. Almost like cultures are created around certain addictions. So for example, lets say that people who smoke weed like the color blue, people who smoke crack like the color green, and people who shoot heroin like the color yellow. Well then a person with an addictive personality is going to choose the drug where they have the most in common with the other people using it.

There also seems to be some sort of internal conscious that chooses a person's drug of choice. Almost like a pyramid structure that everyone seems to intuitively agree with for the most part. The bottom of the pyramid is the addiction that is an addiction but it isn't as bad as other addictions because people are basically still "good" people even when they are addicted to it. Let's call the bottom of the pyramid food addiction. It is bad for your health. You can die from obesity, but you won't kill anyone in a car accident and you will still get your kids Christmas presents and take them to their soccer games. So it is not that bad.

Next, up on the pyramid would be alcohol addiction for example. When people choose to drink excessively, it can cause car accidents. People do check out from reality and stop doing things for friends and family because their addiction becomes the priority. However, some people don't experience this and live normal lives. Alcohol is not intended to create addiction. People misuse alcohol.

Next, you have Crack and Crack is intended to cause addiction. Using crack is willingly choosing to become addicted to something and become part of a culture that will accept that you have made this decision. However, using crack is not as bad as injecting something in your arm because of the risk it creates to do this. Using heroin is like saying you don't value life in a different way because of this. A crack user agrees to be an addict, but they want to be an addict who doesn't have to worry about death every time they use.

Next, there is the heroin user and intuitively, heroin use is the worst addiction. You agree to become an addict and be part of a culture that will accept this decision and you risk your life everytime you use.

Therefore, addiction is clearly a choice. People will choose which addiction they prefer based on other moral and social priorities.

Last edited:

Kung Fu

Superstar
Why do people drink alcohol?

Why do people smoke cigarettes?

Why do people commit suicide?

Why do people have unprotected sex with a different partner every few months?

Why do people gamble when most of the time they lose?

Damien50

Star
Why do people drink alcohol?

Why do people smoke cigarettes?

Why do people commit suicide?

Why do people have unprotected sex with a different partner every few months?

Why do people gamble when most of the time they lose?
Because they want to regardless of whether they know better or not.

Suicide is different though.

TMT

Star
I was in the hood one day
That's when I saw her face
She looked hella fine to me

Then she talked about someone and said "THEY SHOOT HEROIN- I might smoke crack but I don't do no heroin"..........

Why do people smoke crack?
Because it might be the most psychologically addictive drug in existence it feels too good that it overrides everything else because your brain is screaming to feel that way again.

TMT

Star
Well a lot of intelligent and successful people end up smoking crack and doing coke and stuff. So economic equality is only part of it, the poor areas are only the ones hit hardest. Because they are poor. Inherently I think that has nothing to do with drug use, but might contribute to trends. Crack is just the perfect drug to get people addicted, and when you package it up in 5 dollar hits than any bum can try to score some.

And the first time they smoked. Maybe they were just curious, or thought it wasn't a big deal. Maybe they didn't follow the official narrative of drug use in America. They could of thought that experimentation isn't bad, the problem is dependence and addiction. But I don't think they are anymore addicted to crack than people are addicted to their cell phones.
cheap and powerful you called it man

TMT

Star
lol the only thing cheap about crack is the first hit..
Well it's cheaper than powder, but you will end up spending thousands on it the long run, that is true. Not to mention the non-monetary costs.

justjess

Superstar
Thousands.. long run.. I've known people who've blown through ten grand in one weekend. It's amazingly sad.

You need less of the powder and it lasts longer. Haven't done it in 16 years so not sure if it's changed.

It's all the devil really.

TMT

Star
Thousands.. long run.. I've known people who've blown through ten grand in one weekend. It's amazingly sad.

You need less of the powder and it lasts longer. Haven't done it in 16 years so not sure if it's changed.

It's all the devil really.
Yeah only been off about 4 years myself

Also you knew some people with money to burn, i'd be dead if I would have had that kind of cash.
Only point is 10 dollars can get you a couple of hits, and ive never known anyone who would sell powder in those increments.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
They sell $10 vials of powder in the projects in north jersey - Elizabeth, jersey city, Newark. Or again at least they used to.

Sad thing was they really didn't. Ones husband died in the military she spent the entire 100k life insurance was supposed to go to their son. Another stole for it. A couple prostituted themselves. It was a mess.. and watching them go down that road scared me to sobriety real quick thankfully.

Congrats on the four years that's a huge accomplishment!

For the same reason people drink. Or smoke pot. Or snort coke. Or shoot heroin.

Because there's something missing in their life and they are trying to fill it.

Alternatively, because the Devil made them do it.

Alternatively, chemtrails.

Alternatively, they like to party.

It's totally one of those.

It's totally the first.

Violette

Star
Because it's a cheap high and easy to get addicted to. They probably can't feel happy without it. My uncle has been battling a crack addiction for as long as I can remember, it's sad.

Aero

Superstar
Yeah Crack would be the cheapest if it was like a weekend drug. But it's not. They are going to constantly seek it out, after one high ends. They are out there back at it. I can't even imagine all the hidden costs. What happens I think is the addict ends up owing like hundreds or thousands of dollars at a time to dealers. They probably don't even know how much they owe, they just start coughing up money whenever they have it.

Damien50

Star
For the same reason people drink. Or smoke pot. Or snort coke. Or shoot heroin.

Because there's something missing in their life and they are trying to fill it.

Alternatively, because the Devil made them do it.

Alternatively, chemtrails.

Alternatively, they like to party.

It's totally one of those.

It's totally the first.
I don't smoke weed because I'm missing something. Relaxation and medical benefits abound.

I don't smoke weed because I'm missing something. Relaxation and medical benefits abound.
I like generalizations. (Relaxation was why I used to drink, too. That and since my crew loved this goth club far more than I did and being drunk made the same ten EBM songs sound better.)

Daciple

Star
Sin, a false hope to escape their Sin or the Sin committed against them, usually a continual cycle of Sin and Guilt and a desperation to escape it so they do turn to drugs, which creates more Sin and Guilt and on and on...