Why do people seem so keen to throw away their privacy?!

free2018

Star
Listen anyone with internet access can hack anyone if they know how. I had my IPhone hacked by Chinese cyber hackers a few times, but all it does to me is remind why I need to stop being so lackadaisical about VPN and encryptions.
Most social media sites hate VPNs. I wonder why? SMH

I’m not sure exactly but I remember a couple of years ago my phone offered the option of “smart stay” where it would only stay on if you were looking at it to save battery life or some BS like that lol I opted out and kept my camera covered. Another really weird thing happened when I had Snapchat. It was when it first came out and I didn’t have it very long but I opened the app and it already had a still of my face illuminated in my room before I turned my lights off like it was watching me when I wasn’t using the app. I immediately deleted it. This was before it had all those filters which is clearly a cute way of developing sophisticated facial recognition technology. I’m sure it is legal though because people such as myself back then agree to use these services without reading the small print. It isn’t ethical though
Excellent point with the Snapchat filters! The possible implications of facial recognition are truly scary. Law enforcement and intelligence agencies already have a massive database and surveillance and privacy is easily one of the most important issues facing us.

Well, they have gone even further in Singapore. They're testing software to make lampposts recognize faces and they have software that can piece together a timeline of everything you've done since you've gotten off the plane. Minority Report, anyone?
Singapore is one of the scariest authoritarian societies in existence. The level of indoctrination is so complete that they vast majority of the populace loves their servitude.

Karlysymon

Superstar
He's not wrong. people nowadays ARE idiots. Even if they were shown and told about what facebook is about, they STILL use it and plaster their faces! Sometmes I think they actually deserve whats coming..
One of the most baffling things...truthers who still use social media (i can understand if its for business purposes but you don't have to plaster your face all over).

Mr.Grieves

Veteran
Your phone/computer is the FAR more effective tool compared to a television, and it's a fact that third parties- from intelligence agencies to marketing firms- have access through your phone/computer to your location, your personal information, any photos/videos you've taken, photos/videos you haven't taken and that they've taken on your behalf as your camera can be activated without any apparent activity, If you're chatting on this forum, chances are extremely high you're already 'on the grid', regardless of your social media usage. Beware of 'VPN's as well, services meant to conceal your internet activity; a surprising number of them are owned by companies like Facebook, and have been busted for doing exactly what they're supposed to prevent- tracking your data/info/usage and passing it along to third parties.

kittybratxx

Established
when the internet first came out parents were unaware of the dangerous and threat it posed on society. I was allowed to use it when i was 6 years old and became addicted and of course knew it better than my own parents after then. i created social media accounts such as bebo and myspace then finally facebook which became extremely populour. The internet lets you be who you want to be somewhat of an alter ego. but of course privacy never concerned me as i was just a child. Now adults are more familiar with the internet but because of their new found identity persona's and narcissism and addiction to technology their own privacy doesn't matter anymore. A lot of parents addicted to social media sites such as facebook post images of their families and children for this need of being "liked" or attention..... it's like a disease in a way. i myself developed a weird narcissistic disorder online. I had to have likes, followers, and attention and got this tiny sensation of happiness although in reality i wasn't happy. but i guess that attention feeding feeling is enough to give away your privacy to most people. i no longer have permanent access to the internet and am grateful because i know i'd wind up being just as bad as i once was if i had constant access

TruthSucker

Established
This is pretty damn fucked up. How many others does this happen to and noone reacts? Would be interesting to find t what technology behind this is doing the work? Facial recognition? If so, it has scanned in your face without your consent. Is that even legal?
I don't know exactly if it's personal facial recognition, but yeah, of course it is some kind of facial recognition. What did you think? Every modern smartphone has this technique, TVs as well, it's for savin energy u know? So that the screen turns off if you're not watching. Laugh my ass off. And don't forget the finger print scanners nowadyas on smartphones.

Netflix not acting when 4 people using one account? Now they know you, for free! Interests, political alignment, way of thinking maybe. Facebook knows your whole social environment, whatsapp knows your thoughts, amazon (echo) knows what you are doing at home. What else do they need? 24/7 monitoring? Already done!

That's the trick. People are still discussing about privacy and what could be, if ... too late ladies and gentleman. It's already done without your recognition.

Nobody in my household has a Facebook account.

Never did MySpace either. Seemed like those type of accounts are just a directory for the pedophiles to choose their victims. My kids aren’t allowed on any kind of social media.

It’s bad enough that TPTB can find this info somehow anyway, but it seems that offering it up freely makes finding it far too easy.

Vixy

Star
I’m not sure exactly but I remember a couple of years ago my phone offered the option of “smart stay” where it would only stay on if you were looking at it to save battery life or some BS like that lol I opted out and kept my camera covered. Another really weird thing happened when I had Snapchat. It was when it first came out and I didn’t have it very long but I opened the app and it already had a still of my face illuminated in my room before I turned my lights off like it was watching me when I wasn’t using the app. I immediately deleted it. This was before it had all those filters which is clearly a cute way of developing sophisticated facial recognition technology. I’m sure it is legal though because people such as myself back then agree to use these services without reading the small print. It isn’t ethical though
Oh heeeeeeeeell gurl! If that happend to me, I'd be shitting bricks! Illuminated face. Could it get any worse? Its like a horror story.

Vixy

Star
Nobody in my household has a Facebook account.

Never did MySpace either. Seemed like those type of accounts are just a directory for the pedophiles to choose their victims. My kids aren’t allowed on any kind of social media.

It’s bad enough that TPTB can find this info somehow anyway, but it seems that offering it up freely makes finding it far too easy.
Thats EXACTLY the thing I'm talking about. Its one thing that they lurk and find thigns out by themselves but to offer it to them! You know, I tried facebook for a short while a couple of times, joined a couple of shitty sites just to see and had a few friends on there and I'm glad I dont have it. People were weird, more people I didnt know came on that seemed even weirder and sure a laugh here and there from some dumb animal video but overall? NOT worth it! Even the Facebook layout was boring and hard to navigate. I just cannot get why people use this site volunteeringly? Its crap.

I don't know exactly if it's personal facial recognition, but yeah, of course it is some kind of facial recognition. What did you think? Every modern smartphone has this technique, TVs as well, it's for savin energy u know? So that the screen turns off if you're not watching. Laugh my ass off. And don't forget the finger print scanners nowadyas on smartphones.

Netflix not acting when 4 people using one account? Now they know you, for free! Interests, political alignment, way of thinking maybe. Facebook knows your whole social environment, whatsapp knows your thoughts, amazon (echo) knows what you are doing at home. What else do they need? 24/7 monitoring? Already done!

That's the trick. People are still discussing about privacy and what could be, if ... too late ladies and gentleman. It's already done without your recognition.
Yes, it’s everywhere, unfortunately.

I heard that even those robotic vacuums memorize the layout of the owner’s house.

I didn’t realize how tracked our every move is until several years ago.... I got robbed at gunpoint outside of a grocery store. When I gave my statement to the police afterward, I only was able to give them a vague description of the perp, (it was dark out) that the car they took off in was a silver coupe (possibly an Infiniti), the pistol they used and the general direction they headed when they off in the parking lot.

Within 20 minutes, they had tracked down and pulled over the car with the guy that matched the description, found the loaded gun under the seat, along with the exact cash denomination they took from me (a $20 bill and 2 singles; I rarely carry cash on me).

They brought me to the place they found him & I confirmed he was the guy that robbed me. They even returned my $22!

He did 2 years in prison and was sentenced to 10 years of probation.

Curiously, there were no security cameras in the grocery store parking lot. I asked the police officer how they found him so quickly & accurately when he was miles away when they got him.
He said nothing but simply nodded up at a traffic cam—-the kind they installed to supposedly “photograph & ticket people who ran red lights”.

Although I was grateful at the time for the technology, as it helped catch the robber, but it also made me realize that the cameras aren’t merely triggered to take pics when someone only runs a red light.

They are actively recording every vehicle that passes by, and we are always being watched & recorded as we travel roads.

There’s no way all that footage is used merely for our own “protection”. Such a massive amount of data that’s being collected & stored cannot be without cost. They must be using it in other ways or it would be too much to hassle with.

free2018

Star
One of the most baffling things...truthers who still use social media (i can understand if its for business purposes but you don't have to plaster your face all over).
It's tough. I think a lot of them have passed the point of no return.
I think it's age, too. I have some accounts where I don't care anymore. I just tell the truth because it's the truth.
People are going to think it's crazy either way. Doing it full time though seems like a dangerous option though.

Karlysymon

Superstar
It's tough. I think a lot of them have passed the point of no return.
I think it's age, too. I have some accounts where I don't care anymore. I just tell the truth because it's the truth.
People are going to think it's crazy either way. Doing it full time though seems like a dangerous option though.
You can't possibly be an octogenarian, knowing that it won't matter (what is posted online) a couple years from now, since you'll be dead...right?

BTW, The Running Man portrays how this data harvesting is going to be very useful to the elites. Given how prophetic the movie was meant to be.

free2018

Star
You can't possibly be an octogenarian, knowing that it won't matter (what is posted online) a couple years from now, since you'll be dead...right?

BTW, The Running Man portrays how this data harvesting is going to be very useful to the elites. Given how prophetic the movie was meant to be.
You're funny.
I've never not been a truther. I have found though the older I get the less I care.
I've noticed that Paul Romano really doesn't care anymore. He's a perfect example.

hyorishthottie

Established
Which is why the wife and I have no forms of social media.

Sadly my parents do.
lucky. I wish I didn't have any social media. myspace was okay back then but I just sorta grew into the mold and wish I could get out.

but in any case just don't get involved in it even if it means you look like a loser. if someone you care for has social media tell them to stop being active on it.

hyorishthottie

Established
also I don't wanna turn this into a religious war fare thread

but with all this stuff happening why do we allow religion to dominate us?
if we're suppose to have free will we're being stripped of it by the years and centuries.

where is our holy father to stop this madness.

hyorishthottie

Established
Your phone/computer is the FAR more effective tool compared to a television, and it's a fact that third parties- from intelligence agencies to marketing firms- have access through your phone/computer to your location, your personal information, any photos/videos you've taken, photos/videos you haven't taken and that they've taken on your behalf as your camera can be activated without any apparent activity, If you're chatting on this forum, chances are extremely high you're already 'on the grid', regardless of your social media usage. Beware of 'VPN's as well, services meant to conceal your internet activity; a surprising number of them are owned by companies like Facebook, and have been busted for doing exactly what they're supposed to prevent- tracking your data/info/usage and passing it along to third parties.
yeah you can't escape the system.
Also that means..let's be very fucking honest

they have nude images of everyone. well maybe the majority.
I will admit I've used my phone while I was naked or left my phone on near me while changing or whatever
or checked my phone real quick with a towel on or half on.

so thats why I dont even get anal and trip about privacy settings or apps. we're all locked in and screwed.
Just go off the grid one day compeltely and never connect again unless you must. only way.

manama

Star
I saw this livestream on yt where a guy tried to speak about a certain topic while having his mic nearby and the next time he opened his web browser, he was being shown ads about that topic. (it was completely random so its not like he was searching that stuff beforehand). That really freaked me out.