Why do men like to kill men?

At times of war, many men smile in the anticipation of killing another man. Sons love to anticipate killing as well. Killing is the epitome of personal drama and that is why we love it. Fathers love to see it in their children, and the children are eager to emulate their parents.

We just love war, and it we do not collectively stop loving it, it looks like we will go extinct. We are just to god damned powerful for this little spaceship earth.

Nice that modern humans, as a species we are so nice that we mostly do economic war. Not so nice when we wage military war. Unfortunately, we now seem to be waring against our own existence.

Better to trade, even with nature; so why do we seem eager to destroy ourselves by killing the earth?

The notion of honorable killing served us well to date. That notion, because of population pressures and M.A.D., now means more of an honorable suicide or genocide by all the military forces of the world, should they be stupid enough to get to a nuclear WWIII.

We men are no longer doing the best that we can for our children or our own best end. We have not curbed our love of killing enough and have put our full global habitat at risk of extinction. Stupid is as stupid does.

Regards
DL

Aero

Superstar
Because they are afraid.

Fear makes the average person IQ drop by like 100 points at least. So if they are already dumb, fear will literally push their IQ down into the negatives.

Let me give you a prime example. There is currently at least one law enforcement investigation into my activities. Now, this has been going on for months now. Of course, I know they have nothing, and by now, they must realize they are wasting their time.

Do you think the investigation will end and these men will just admit they were completely wrong? No, of course not. The opposite is more likely to be true. They will investigate me more, and would rather take me out than confront their own fear.

What I'm describing here is people digging themselves into their own hole. They can't take me out because the whole world would know they did it. And they can't stop their investigation because that would be a win for me. So yeah, it's like I said. Fear really brings out the stupid.

Cintra

Star
Because they are afraid.

Fear makes the average person IQ drop by like 100 points at least. So if they are already dumb, fear will literally push their IQ down into the negatives.

Let me give you a prime example. There is currently at least one law enforcement investigation into my activities. Now, this has been going on for months now. Of course, I know they have nothing, and by now, they must realize they are wasting their time.

Do you think the investigation will end and these men will just admit they were completely wrong? No, of course not. The opposite is more likely to be true. They will investigate me more, and would rather take me out than confront their own fear.

What I'm describing here is people digging themselves into their own hole. They can't take me out because the whole world would know they did it. And they can't stop their investigation because that would be a win for me. So yeah, it's like I said. Fear really brings out the stupid.
Why are they investigating you?
What do they think you are doing?

Aero

Superstar
Why are they investigating you?
What do they think you are doing?
Lol Idk, I can't speak for a cop. They wouldn't completely invade my privacy rights unless they were looking for some kind of felony type activity though.

Hey I take back everything I've ever said about you. You must be really REALLY important.

Do you forgive me?

Are you like a big Al Capone type?
Yeah, I don't remember anything you have said to me. I only remember you as the predictive programming hype man.

I'm like the big Odin type. Lightning bolts shoot out of my eyeballs. Ravens scout the land for me, and wolves stalk my enemies.

Wigi

Veteran
I think it has something to do with the concepts of hero, savior or martyr for the cause/the household/the nation.
People always find justification to kill and even the worst psychopaths need an ideology to fight as it seems that for us humans, sacrificing lives for an ideology is the ultimate proof of commitment.

I also think demonic possession happens more often than one might think and it's always troubling to see how murderers says it wasn't them or a voice in their head told them to kill.

I believe we have a self destructive nature because of sin and that's why laws are necessary to protect mankind from itself despite that it's not enough to prevent killings.

Hubert

Established
Because they are afraid.

Just curious, how do you know the cops are investigating you?

Lurker

Star

Are you the Donald?;)

Aero

Superstar
Just curious, how do you know the cops are investigating you?
Well, I have proof they are creeping on me. Idk for sure about any legit investigation. I say that because I see them way too often to be considered a coincidence. I live in a city with 35k other people, meaning there's plenty for them to do that doesn't include following my schedule around.

Are you the Donald?;)
Lol, I wasn't channeling my inner Trump there. I could do a pretty good "You're fired!" but that's about it.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
A friends father once told me and his son that he wasn't proud what he did in the war. He only did what he did because if he didn't he would have been shot. He said he regrets it all but he had no other choice.
I can't think of too many men going off to war looking forward to killing others unless he is a bullshitter pretend tough guy in front of his fellow soldiers or a psycho.

Because they are afraid.

Insightful, but who is instilling and feeding that fear if not governments and religions that ultimately profit from war?

Regards
DL

I think it has something to do with the concepts of hero, savior or martyr for the cause/the household/the nation.
People always find justification to kill and even the worst psychopaths need an ideology to fight as it seems that for us humans, sacrificing lives for an ideology is the ultimate proof of commitment.

I also think demonic possession happens more often than one might think and it's always troubling to see how murderers says it wasn't them or a voice in their head told them to kill.

I believe we have a self destructive nature because of sin and that's why laws are necessary to protect mankind from itself despite that it's not enough to prevent killings.
Self glorification is the root of all conflict, but that actually goes against our selfish gene.

Our instincts default to cooperation when they can as that is the best survival strategy.

That internal conflict may be the root to PTSD.

I do not hold any supernatural beliefs and instead of demons, it is more intelligent to blame insanity instead of some spook.

If we do have a self-destructive nature, given the population growth, it is not working at all.

True that suicide rates are skyrocketing, but that is from other causes that we have unfortunately built into our social systems.

Regards
DL

A friends father once told me and his son that he wasn't proud what he did in the war. He only did what he did because if he didn't he would have been shot. He said he regrets it all but he had no other choice.
I can't think of too many men going off to war looking forward to killing others unless he is a bullshitter pretend tough guy in front of his fellow soldiers or a psycho.
Vets, quite often, after they taste war, what they wanted often times, throw it up via various degrees of PTSD.

Man seems to like a good fight but we are not made to kill each other.

Remember that in the middle ages, war was fought just to rid the kingdoms of the overflow of young men. If that pressure had not been there, it is doubtful that we would have the war history we have.

Today, it is obvious that some governments set up their laws to have people die sooner rather than later. Just look to the U.S. for proof positive of this.

Regards
DL

Last edited:

SquaredCircle

Established

At times of war, many men smile in the anticipation of killing another man. Sons love to anticipate killing as well. Killing is the epitome of personal drama and that is why we love it. Fathers love to see it in their children, and the children are eager to emulate their parents.

We just love war, and it we do not collectively stop loving it, it looks like we will go extinct. We are just to god damned powerful for this little spaceship earth.

Nice that modern humans, as a species we are so nice that we mostly do economic war. Not so nice when we wage military war. Unfortunately, we now seem to be waring against our own existence.

Better to trade, even with nature; so why do we seem eager to destroy ourselves by killing the earth?

The notion of honorable killing served us well to date. That notion, because of population pressures and M.A.D., now means more of an honorable suicide or genocide by all the military forces of the world, should they be stupid enough to get to a nuclear WWIII.

We men are no longer doing the best that we can for our children or our own best end. We have not curbed our love of killing enough and have put our full global habitat at risk of extinction. Stupid is as stupid does.

Regards
DL
Fear of their own deaths causes inflated ego’s ! Inflated ego’s lead to conflict , and once everyones rhubarb is bent its time to draw swords and have a dust up !