Why do I like jazz and blues so much?

jessesalinas

This may stupid like “it’s because you like the genre” but even my favourite non blues or jazz song seems on par below relatively any blues or jazz? Is there like a science behind this? Would like to know.

Music is a lot like food as I think it's just personal preference. With regard to the particular genre, again, only you know. Coincidentally, that's the same genre that Bryan Ferry likes. So much so, he actually named his first-born son after the singer, Otis Redding. Bryan merely said that it was music he could relate to when growing up. When he sings, one can tell that it has. Well, I can. :)

TonyVanDam

Established
Jazz is for North America, what Classical has already been for Europe! Both genres are THE only ones I know that use all of the scales & chords that currently existence on planet Earth. Both genres are real music in its purest form. Both genres are also the Godparents of every musical genres that came after. It is a known fact that if a musician know how to play classical or jazz, that musician can play almost any of the other genres.

This may stupid like “it’s because you like the genre” but even my favourite non blues or jazz song seems on par below relatively any blues or jazz? Is there like a science behind this? Would like to know.
First thing an infant does coming to this world/portal/existence/life upon being born is crying. Its an observational fact.

In my humble opinion, we are all looking for what we were/are detached from as the consequence of this life/existence.
Therefore, via feeling, its okay to feel blues. But not all of the time. Else, how else the transient existence be enjoyed?