Why Do Empaths Attract Narcissists, Sociopaths And Psychoaths

Diesa

Last year my life changed completely because of a narcissistic friend i had and during my recovery i realized my mom was almost the same as that friend and i as a appreciation seeking person was drawn to her so much so i subconciously found the love and appreciation mom didn't gave me. I cut contact with her immediately after i discovered her schemes and lies but i am thankful to God as because of her i am on a different level of understanding myself life and people around me:)

Vixy

Star
I know someone whos actually doing an interesting experiment with a narcissist where he's online pretending to be someone else and since he knows this woman is a narc, hes mentally prepared for the blows and has some himeself. She even stated the conversation by calling him a "rat" like she was the cat and he's the prey. But he quicly turmed the table around and now he's putting her down, and guess what? She's enraged and whiny because someone else is treating her like she usually treats others. So they can give that treatment but not receive it. Theyre weak!

Tatilina

Star
I know someone whos actually doing an interesting experiment with a narcissist where he's online pretending to be someone else and since he knows this woman is a narc, hes mentally prepared for the blows and has some himeself. She even stated the conversation by calling him a "rat" like she was the cat and he's the prey. But he quicly turmed the table around and now he's putting her down, and guess what? She's enraged and whiny because someone else is treating her like she usually treats others. So they can give that treatment but not receive it. Theyre weak!
No none should do an experiment with anyone online, especially when it comes to a narc.That's horrible that he is doing that to her. No one should be putting anyone down. There is a difference in standing up for yourself and purposely going looking for trouble and to cause another person great distress, whether they are a narcissist or not, Everyone is weak. If you are a Christian, then you should know we are weak and he (God) is strong. He is our strength. That is a horrible thing to do to someone. I think anyone would be pretty upset if someone went and did that to you. Still human....

Last edited:

cajun

Established
Narcissists often attract other narcissists into exactly this kind of dyad.

If your catfishing friend is doing this wiith the intention of getting the other party to see himself and change, that won't happen and they'll just have a toxic battle that ends badly or one of them will become a flying monkey for the other. Narcissism involves an innate biological incapacity to perceive the humanity of the other. People who appear to be "reformed" narcissists are usually people who were not born wiith the disorder but who were behaving like narcissists because they were raised in a narcissistic family and learned the behavior. In the process of counseling a narcissistic family, a therapist often evaluates the victim's behavior initially as NPD but as sessions go on the true NPDs in the cluster separate themselves out and the victim ends up reparenting him or herself and learning new behavior.

A true NPD can cognitively reform by accepting external rules of behavior, but that is only a trade-off. The people around him have to accept that he is behaving well for his own reasons and because he has found an acceptable way to get his narcissistic supply.

But they should never let their guard down.

Now, sometimes it is a worthwhile strategy to make an open attack on a severe NPD if there is a good reason, such as helping a victim get protection by exposing the NPD to his deceived onlookers, but you have to plan such an attack carefully and you should only do it when you have full back-up of evidence to support your assertion that the NPD in question is seriously dangerous.

All NPD's are jerks, but only a certain percentage are truly dangerous. (A much larger percentage than most other groups, to be sure!)

Narcs baiting narcs is actually quite common. And pointless.

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar
Narcissists often attract other narcissists into exactly this kind of dyad.

If your catfishing friend is doing this wiith the intention of getting the other party to see himself and change, that won't happen and they'll just have a toxic battle that ends badly or one of them will become a flying monkey for the other. Narcissism involves an innate biological incapacity to perceive the humanity of the other. People who appear to be "reformed" narcissists are usually people who were not born wiith the disorder but who were behaving like narcissists because they were raised in a narcissistic family and learned the behavior. In the process of counseling a narcissistic family, a therapist often evaluates the victim's behavior initially as NPD but as sessions go on the true NPDs in the cluster separate themselves out and the victim ends up reparenting him or herself and learning new behavior.

A true NPD can cognitively reform by accepting external rules of behavior, but that is only a trade-off. The people around him have to accept that he is behaving well for his own reasons and because he has found an acceptable way to get his narcissistic supply.

But they should never let their guard down.

Now, sometimes it is a worthwhile strategy to make an open attack on a severe NPD if there is a good reason, such as helping a victim get protection by exposing the NPD to his deceived onlookers, but you have to plan such an attack carefully and you should only do it when you have full back-up of evidence to support your assertion that the NPD in question is seriously dangerous.

All NPD's are jerks, but only a certain percentage are truly dangerous. (A much larger percentage than most other groups, to be sure!)

Narcs baiting narcs is actually quite common. And pointless.
I learned long ago, not to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it. - George Bernard Shaw

The Zone

Star
It would be so much easier to take in comments about Christianity and words seemingly from the heart without the Marilyn Manson picture about casting spells.

JoChris

Superstar
I am suspicious it is an unhealthy response to personal pain received from another thread. Very sad that suspicious post looks like she returning to her spiritual Enemy yet again.

Satan doesn't waste Energy attacking people who are already imprisoned by Him.

Tatilina

Star
Satan doesn't waste Energy attacking people who are already imprisoned by Him.
Pretty much....
Must be nice for some to not be pursued so relentlessly by the enemy as I am.
I welcome my exclusion from the world now. :)

JoChris

Superstar
Pretty much....
Must be nice for some to not be pursued so relentlessly by the enemy as I am.
I welcome my exclusion from the world now. :)
All Christians go through phases of battles.Sometimes we feel like we have a reprieve. Often it comes when we least expect it. That is why we have to be vigilant.

An actual sermon from Pastor Mike Hoggard on that topic from last weekend. http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopupvideo.asp?SID=522171316285

Tatilina

Star
All Christians go through phases of battles.Sometimes we feel like we have a reprieve. Often it comes when we least expect it. That is why we have to be vigilant.

An actual sermon from Pastor Mike Hoggard on that topic from last weekend. http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopupvideo.asp?SID=522171316285
Yeah but my phases never end lol. He's still hot on my trail, stalking my every move, it is sooooo creepy!!!
Thanks for the link.

The Zone

Star
If a person puts themselves on the frontline in a forum, they will be seen. This especially goes for those who post a whole lot. I personally do not think Satan prizes any one person in these forums over another and that the struggles start in the mind. It is the constant shifting that is ones enemy and the inability to ignore those who bother you. People have memories and while past actions are forgivable, if current actions hint at something brewing again, memories past surface. I honestly think some have been given a bad deal by some in the past, but their actions in time made it really hard to take up for them in that they morphed into an unhealthy person. There gets to be a point where the excuses get old and people notice the drama and that makes the board about a person and not the whole. I honestly think choosing ones moments to post and interact is important and not being overwhelming and sucking eveyone into a personal universe is wise and would help one in achieving their goal of acceptance.

Vixy

Star
No none should do an experiment with anyone online, especially when it comes to a narc.That's horrible that he is doing that to her. No one should be putting anyone down. There is a difference in standing up for yourself and purposely going looking for trouble and to cause another person great distress, whether they are a narcissist or not, Everyone is weak. If you are a Christian, then you should know we are weak and he (God) is strong. He is our strength. That is a horrible thing to do to someone. I think anyone would be pretty upset if someone went and did that to you. Still human....
This woman put a person down for nine years without reason so I think it's legit.

Truth: Yes! I agree with what you say. I have studied psychopathy or antisocial disturbance if you will for ten years after a psychopath ruined my life. And I do believe its a condition they are born with that cannot be changed. It is from all of my research to show, a brain damage. Wheather it happened in the womb or formed in childhood I cannot say but everything I have read about this, points to a brain damage. And just as you say, common psychology havent caught up yet. They are too far behind.

How did you come to this conclusion? Do you also study the phenomena? :)

Last edited:

X-Maverick

Established
My ex was a complete covert narcissist, so I relate to this massively. I didn't even know fully what that word meant until I was with him. I might detail my experiences a bit later regarding this epidemic.

X-Maverick

Established
I don't believe in personality disorders like narcissism. So studying would be a waste of time. I believe in neurosis, and that it's caused by lack of balance between subconscious and conscious. And these problems stem from deeper things than a label. So with that said I understand the difficulties of situations like this. Don't take this the wrong way.

Do you believe that they can stop being narcissists? And if so, why not stop being an Empath instead? It sounds like that would solve your problem too.
Most therapists, psychologists, and neuroscientists say that Narcissism cannot be cured. Nor can an empath just stop being an empath. Have you known someone that could be described as a narcissist? Also, I don't get this aversion to labels, they exist, and everyone goes under some label or another. It's a stupid concern.

Narcissism exists, as has been proven by many individuals a lot more knowledgeable about this subject than you.

X-Maverick

Established
It took me years to even realize I didn't feel things others do so naturally.

I also wasted years and years being an alcoholic, and being utterly abusive to everyone around me. Even when they truly didn't harm me.

I justified my actions by feeling they'd wronged me in some way. That they deserved it at least a little bit. Sometimes maybe they did, most of the time looking back, hell no they didn't.

It's really hard. I have depression all the time and generally have a hard time gaining enjoyment from anything. I use most of my time trying to find distractions.

It sucks when you really want to love and be loved. When you want to understand why others feel so strongly about their beliefs and "inalienable rights". Morality and everything else.

I'm always so apathetic toward everything. I sometimes get overwhelmed and say I want to change and get better. But if I'm having no immediate crisis or conflict in my life I have no desire to improve upon my situation.

It sucks. And the shitty part is I don't even accurately understand why it sucks so bad. I just know it does because everyone tells me it does. That I'm missing out. That it's my own fault I'm miserable.

Which is true. In a sense. I can choose my behaviors, but I can't choose the feelings I have or lack thereof which lead me to my choices.
I'm so sorry you feel that way, Trenton. Maybe you need to work on finding yourself? Have you thought about that? I'm sure you have at one point or another. But such a thing can be a process. I believe that sometime, maybe you can feel the emotions you say that you lack. But even if you don't, that's okay too. So long as you're honest about it.

X-Maverick

Established
There is no such thing as an empath. This concept is just another Satanic deception. In our modern culture we tend to use psychological language to avoid facing the spiritual side of what is going on, but the dynamics of wiccan rituals and Those of empath/narcissist interactions are the same. Both clearly see human souls as prey.
Your post is full of ignorance. Look, I would roughly be considered an empath, but I don't see others as prey. Nor do I go around calling myself that. What a stupid thing to say. What is so bad with wanting to help people, anyway? Most of the things i've read about empaths say that they genuinely are selfless, which is not satanic in any way.

Narcissists though, they do see others as prey in some way. Their motivations are selfish, and even if they feign sweet and loving, they are anything but.