Why Do Empaths Attract Narcissists, Sociopaths And Psychoaths

Helioform

Star
I think some narcissists can be cured, sure. Not all though. Why? Because you kind of have to WANT to change. If your narcissism is being rewarded, why would they feel a need to? And that article says they have trouble with social relationships. Not the one I knew. Narcissism is a much bigger problem than that article implies.
Of course he/she has to want it. I think that is probably the biggest problem. Because narcissists are encouraged in our society, where image and competition are almost everything and cooperation/ empathy are denigrated to an extent. Hollywood is an example of that...actors living fake outward lives and worshiping their status. Yet they make millions because people go see them and idolize them. Why would they want to change that? Western civilization is like cancer and curing cancer is hard.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
I'm curious if The Stand is one of your all-time favorites (based on your signature).I try to watch it every few years, myself-- :D
Sure. I've read the original and the "updated" version several times. I've also seen the miniseries a coupla times. They did a good job with it, considering how sprawling the novel is. Fun Fact: The writers of LOST kept a copy in the writer's room as an example of how to tell a big, weird, sprawling, complex story as they were attempting to do the same. King and LOST were big fans of each other...

“Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home.” -- Glen Bateman The Stand

Before he played the part of Trashcan Man in The Stand, Matt Frewer was better known for being the computerized talking head Max Headroom on ABC back in the day...

And Now, This...

Last edited:

Vytas

Star
Sort of, but reason is because they are attracted to each other. Like feminine guys are attracted to manly woman and vice versa. BTW manipulative empath who is using his incredible skills for bad, can harm you so much more than any narcissist ever could even if he wanted...

Last edited:

Vixy

Star
Yeah, thats what I meant; they need each other to create a balance. If one's too feminine and soft it needs a counter act that is masculine and hard and vice versa. Thats why they cant live without each other.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
Free Music Therapy in...1 and a 2 and a 3 and a 4...(if you've ever been involved with a narcissist a lot of this is gonna ring true--you are NOT alone). Free Advice: If you poured it drink it-if you packed it light it. Then, hit play...

upload_2018-1-8_17-37-0.png

Last edited:

UnderAlienControl

Superstar

upload_2018-1-8_17-8-32.png

Thanks for attending Free Music Therapy! See, you're not alone. Rich and famous people got the same stories about the same kind of people. Be sure to grab a free t-shirt -----------------------------------------^^ on the way out! Namaste...

Last edited:

X-Maverick

Established
On topic of music singing about Narcissism, here's a Kpop song. Many in the Kpop topic think it's about Satan, when it's not. The lyrics are clearly talking about a narcissist. I relate to the song a lot.

*Original video for reference

Lyrics -
Even if I try to keep my distance, You find me in an instant
In a prison of your lovin', and I can't deny it (now)
If you really love me why can't I see you above me, but I can hear your voice below me
Her whisper is the Lucifer
You can try and hold me down
But I can tell Love is Dead
You can tell Love is Dead
Prisoner in my head
Listen up girl we can start over again I can be your everything, yes I'll be your everything
Girl you take control of me just like a spell Lucifer
Girl you take control of me and I can tell Lucifer
Come a little closer so that I can see your pretty face I can't be the one for you
Let me go, Let me go

Remember when we met, baby girl you knocked me off my feet
like a freight train coarsing through my every vein and my heart it skipped a beat, (never letting go)
I don't even care if you take a-a-a-a-a all of my heart
Burning like a flame I can tell your nothing like I've seen before

Lovaholic, robotronic, lovaholic, robotronic

All of the love stories that I shared with you
Cause you know my heart and everything I do
And when I look into the sky I know the stars are all alligned
Only stare at me, I know you want me e-e-e-e-e-e
I can see that way you look at me,
I can get get get get get get away now
Ever since I met you I could tell that you were lying to me,
Leading me on
The girl that I once knew
Is destroying everything that I love
And I just don't know what to do

Got me feeling like a circus that i'm trapped inside of just me and you
Baby Dancin', dancin', but you're playing me just like a fool
Look me in the eye girl, I know you're my girl
Like I fell in a trance
I think I love you but I know that I can't take the chance.

Loverholic, robotronic, loverholic, robotronic

No I never knew this, I can't make it through this
Girl your fire stare it burns right through my soul
I'm not going anywhere
I like the way that it feels and no I don't care

With the look in your eyes, now you got me
Got to wonder if I could ever get free
Tie me up with your chains of love
Why do you cut me down,
I think my heart stopped beating
Now I'm about to close my eyes forever say goodbye I see an angel above me
But I know its just a dream
And you're the devil pulling me into the sea.
*Chorus*

Last edited:
The number one quality that I believe makes women targets for psychopaths, sociopaths, and narcissists is empathy. While most women and men have some degree of empathy for others, I believe that those of us who are highly sensitive, empathic, and who struggle with being able to hold others accountable, are much more likely to attract these types of predators in our lives. A Youtube viewer from Berlin emailed me and asked me a few questions about being a female empath who has continually attracted narcissists into her life. 1) I am an empath and I keep attracting narcissists. 2) Why do empaths attract narcissists? 3) What can I do to protect myself moving further ahead? Natasha is using the POWER OF SELF OBSERVATION to mold the clay of her life. She is asking powerful questions and is clear that she can take control of her life if she knows what she needs to control. Psychopaths, sociopaths, and narcissists are attracted to empathetic people for a number of reasons. 1)An empath is highly understanding. 2) An empath is highly forgiving. 3) An empath is highly loyal. 4) An empath seeks to understand poor behavior. 5) An empath tends to struggle with enforcing boundaries that they perceive may hurt another person. 6) An empath may struggle to hold other people accountable for poor behavior. 7) An empath does not strike back with the same force a narcissist, sociopath, or psychopath does. 8) When an empathetic woman meets a narcissist, sociopath or psychopath, and these men vomit emotions all over the empath, the women tend to 'fall in love' with the 'concept' that these men are so open with their emotions. 9) Empaths can fall very early for a psychopath because these types of men mimic their victim's emotional needs. This mimicking of emotions lures a highly sensitive, emotional woman in. This initial connection makes a woman feel highly connected to a narcissist or psychopath. Narcissists, sociopaths, and psychopaths are on the lookout for people that will tolerate their bad behavior. Like puppet masters, they scour the environment for warm-hearted people who are highly susceptible to other people's energy. If you are an empath, a lightworker, a codependent or someone who is highly sensitive, you are a target for emotional predators like narcissists, sociopaths, and psychopaths. This video will teach you some of the things you can do to arm against their agenda's to harm you.

Also because Psychopaths like manipulating people. So empaths are easy to manipulate.