Why Do Christians Trust Paul?

Tidal

Star
...the term 'son of God' was only for the hellenised jews because the logos was a hellenistic greek development merged into jewish thought through Philo.
outside of that, when a dopey guy like you reads it, you take that shit out of context.

Who the hell's Philo, a member of a boy band or what?
Look Charlie, you say muslims like Jesus, but if that's the case why aren't you a Christian?
What did Mohammed say that makes you think he's better than Jesus?

Tidal

Star
..christians fail at interfaith dialogue..

to be blunt, as a Christian holy man, I don't do "interfaith dialogue" because all other religions (and atheism) bore the krap out of me and they can all head down this road for all i care.. :p

Daze

Superstar
to be blunt, as a Christian holy man,
A holy man...

Anyway although I've known her for a couple of years she's never given the slightest indication that she might be romantically interested in me, otherwise I'd invite her back to my place for a cup of tea and to do all the exciting things that men and women can do together such as Monopoly, Scrabble, Ludo, Snakes and ladders etc..:)
looking to fornicate.

I'm sure I"m not alone when i say I'm in awe of your piety.

Who the hell's Philo, a member of a boy band or what?
Look Charlie, you say muslims like Jesus, but if that's the case why aren't you a Christian?
What did Mohammed say that makes you think he's better than Jesus?
The spirit of truth was in him bringing those things Jesus said would come in John 16.
When Jesus told the Jews that they would be kicked out of the vineyard (Jerusalem as per Isaiah 5) and it would be given to another people who would produce the fruits, this one also goes to Islam which held it the longest.
When you look at the prophecy in revelation 11 and it says the gentiles will trample on the outer court for 1260 days (years in prophecy) this was fulfilled by Muslims who held it for exactly 1260 years (lunar).
When I look at the fact God made a promise to Hagar, then it makes sense that Islam is from God. When I see Muslims drinking the zamzam water I see it's the miracle of God that saved Ismael and Hagar continuing on a massive scale that no religion can match.
When I see that it was Islam that ended Babylon and went after the beasts from Persia to greek/Byzantine territories and the only one left is the new post colonial era Roman system which you represent and is at war against Islam (duh).
When I actually study the contents of Islam on their own merit and it allows me to completely understand the metaphysical system in ways no other religion can (Sufism). When I study the prophecies in Islam and see that it all came true and is still coming true in my own lifetime and I see how it also correlates and explains even the revelation prophecies in more detail.
When I see that the Christians don't even know who Philo is....I laugh and think "glad I'm not one of them Christians...they're clueless".
Islam believes in Jesus without the warped metaphorical terms and the warped trinitarian doctrine and the warped symbolism of a dead person. It believes in the living Jesus and it goes further in explaining the 7 heavens (the metaphysical) and beyond that.

It also makes logical sense. When Jesus came he brought the gospel...and the gospel brought the gentiles into Faith.
Paul likened the early Christians to the partriarchs who were living under faith.
Since I can accept that...I can also see how the Israelites fell from 'faith' when they lost true belief in Egypt...and how God then sent them Moses with a system based on the Law of God. That is until Jesus came to complete it.
So it makes sense that the same would occur to the gentiles..from faith to false pagan belief (Roman Trinitarianism)..to a new law system...and that had to come from a gentile prophet since there couldn't be a Jewish one after Jesus. Who else but an ismaelite decendant of Abraham from the city of Mecca? That is all in fulfillment of God's promise as I touched upon earlier.

I'm also not swayed by the Muslims who say the holy spirit is Gabriel. They are pisstakers who follow some type of fuckery that isn't Islam. In the hadith it's very clear that 'the holy spirit has no match' and the angel Gabriel is mentioned seperatr to the holy spirit. So I'm not going to get lost by the falsehoods within the Muslim world that have crept up trying to tarnish Islam through lies. Just as easily I believe in the crucifixion because the Qur'an clearly connects with the Wisdom 3 version which was prophecy..go read wisdom 1-3 on this.

to be blunt, as a Christian holy man, I don't do "interfaith dialogue" because all other religions (and atheism) bore the krap out of me and they can all head down this road for all i care.. :p

Youre always talking about Islam and yet it bores you and you have no interest...

Grow up man.

Tidal

Star
A holy man...
looking to fornicate.
I'm sure I"m not alone when i say I'm in awe of your piety.

1- The word "holy" means "apart", so yes as a Christian I'm apart from all the jesus-rejecters and atheists and it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling..:)
"What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?..Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord, I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters" (2 Cor 6:14-18 )

2- Yes I'm a normal male with a healthy interest in females, thank God..:)-
Jesus said- "at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh' So they are no longer two, but one." (Matt 19:4)

Tidal

Star
The spirit of truth was in him bringing those things Jesus said would come in John 16.

The spirit of truth is a spirit, it doesn't refer to Mohammed or anybody else.
And Jesus was absolutely clear that only he saves, and nobody else..:)-
"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me'" (John 14:5/6)

The spirit of truth is a spirit, it doesn't refer to Mohammed or anybody else.
And Jesus was absolutely clear that only he saves, and nobody else..:)-
"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me'" (John 14:5/6)
when did i say Mohammed himself was the holy spirit?
the holy spirit/spirit of Truth was what came to him and inspired him.
hence 'he will speak only what he hears'

as for that quote, yeh, the LOGOS is the universal consciousness
maybe read something like the Bhagvad Gita and you might gain some clue...you're out of your depth on these topics and have only shown me yet again you take the scripture at face value without knowing what Jesus was speaking of and from a position of.

Tidal

Star
Youre always talking about Islam and yet it bores you and you have no interest...
Grow up man.

I only mention Islam when other people mention it first.
I WANT muslims to make it through the pearlies and am trying to be a good samaritan by helping them see that they'll only get through by becoming Christians..:)
Huh you try to be nice (sniffle)

Cintra

Star
I WANT muslims to make it through the pearlies and am trying to be a good samaritan by helping them see that they'll only get through by becoming Christians..:)
But you don't try to be nice.

I don't care if people critique islam based upon a genuine moral or theological basis..as long as i can sense they're genuine in their intentions. I see the christians on here clearly insist upon lying or blanking the obvious truth because it bruises their little egos.

i can see in your case you don't even know your own religion andit's history.
You asked who philo was.

Cintra

Star
I regularly quote Jesus in my posts so complain to him if you don't like what he says.. :p

I was commenting on what you say, not your versions of biblical quotes.
I don't think Jesus was a sexist, or a racist, I don't think he ever said that muslims are all going to hell, or any of the rest of the obviously provocative crap you say.

You say that.
You.
Stop trying to pass off your bad behaviour on someone else.

btw, did you ride japanese motorbikes in the 70s?

DavidSon

Star
Looking beyond the doctrinal conflict between Paul and the sayings of Jesus or the other Apostles, Paul of Tarsus left the world with some valuable words of wisdom. I could name a long list of authors I'm currently more inspired by but no doubt he had some good messages:

But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. - 1Timothy 6:6-10

Tidal

Star
I don't care if people critique islam based upon a genuine moral or theological basis..as long as i can sense they're genuine in their intentions. I see the christians on here clearly insist upon lying or blanking the obvious truth because it bruises their little egos.

Mate, ALL the founders of other religions are just corpses in boxes somewhere, but Jesus is NOT, spot the difference, so why the heck would I or anybody else want to follow one of them?..:)

Tidal

Star
I don't think Jesus was a sexist, or a racist, I don't think he ever said that muslims are all going to hell...You say that.
btw, did you ride japanese motorbikes in the 70s?

Jesus said ALL jesus-rejecters are hellbound, live with it..:)
Jesus said:- "All in the graves shall come out, to resurrection or damnation" (John 5:28/29)

No I was never a motorsicklist but others were-
"Jesus went through all the towns and villages" (Matt 9:35)

Cintra

Star
jesus also said this

but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
so, watch that mouth of yours.

And I am fine, by the way.
I don't believe in jesus, but luke 6.20 says I will be fine.
Jesus said so.

"Jesus said poor people get to go to heaven for free" Luke 6.20

Last edited:

Tidal

Star
I don't believe in jesus, but luke 6.20 says I will be fine.
Jesus said so.
"Jesus said poor people get to go to heaven for free" Luke 6.20

What do you mean by 'believe'?
Try just LIKING him and there's a chance you'll make it to the pearlies.
As for the poor, they won't get there unless they like him too..:)

Cintra

Star
What do you mean by 'believe'?
Try just LIKING him and there's a chance you'll make it to the pearlies.
As for the poor, they won't get there unless they like him too..:)
No. bible says poor people get in for free.

Bible says so.