Why do Christians call Jesus the "SON of God " then later contradict themselves by saying Jesus "IS GOD"?

Lisa

Superstar
He is the only begotten Son of God...and is God.

TokiEl

Superstar
Jesus is called the Son of God and the Son of Man because he was born on earth... but before he was born on earth he was always a person in the Godhead.

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
It's simple. Just like your left arm is both you and your left arm at the same time.

You know those man 'o war that end up on shores? They're like 5 diferente organisms making up a single big living thing, same case.

Just a trivia: when I was in pharmacy school i've heard of a guy who had his leg amputated in a car crash. His Family got the leg off the hospital and they made a tiny coffin to it. They buried it with a little tombstone and all. Apparentely this is common in rural communities around here.

Shuna

Star
The Bible uses the tree of life many times. When Adam and Eve are together in the Garden of Eden, where they learn the sexual act. Knowledge given by the serpent of the moon. The other is Jesus' definition of energy. God, the Son (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit is presented as the trinity, but the real trinity is the light on the left, matter on the right, in the middle both. The Catholic trinity is a representation of light.

I add, that the path of Lucifer is the path of Venus in the sky. He begins on the left, then in the texts not wanting to lower himself in front of the men, god sent him to hell (below the horizon line). He then finds himself falling (Venus' course on the right). The legend of Icarus perfectly represents his journey, wanting to go higher, feeling free and light, approached the sun, the waxes which hold his wings then melted, which made him fall. In truth, Venus defines as the eyes of God. Venus appears twice in the day, it is also the brightest star in the sky (the other stars represent the other angels). She disappears behind the sun (God).

Adam and Eve are divine (only light, until the material act). The definition in the Bible is that the energy of Man and the Holy Spirit come from God (light).

Light is born from darkness, light and matter are a trinity, since they come from the same source.

Surley

Established
I'm seriously so confused about this, stop contradicting yourself, you can only stick to one.
No, i think HE gets to decide and You get to accept HIS revelation of HIMSELF. Jesus is GOD.. Gods only Begotten.... just like when a person has a baby, their baby is human...God had a Son...Completely Unique...God came into the World and put on human flesh..So HE could legally pay the price of your rebellion against HIM. And HE could Show the world the Love of the Father..For those who choose to believe, who accept HIS gracious offer, He grants that person to be an adopted son or daughter. So when we pray to the Father he hears us because of HIS Spirit that he places within us.Not because we are good..but because His Spirit is within us..People I think try to make it confusing...they try to overthink it..Hoping that on Judgement day they will be able to claim they were ignorant and couldnt possibly understand something so complicated.. That is where they are going to be eternally damned. He made it so easy that even a little child could understand it. He is a free gift from God .It cost Him His most precious part of HIMSELF to cancel out the charges against us. And all HE ask us to do is BELIEVE.

Todd

Star
No, i think HE gets to decide and You get to accept HIS revelation of HIMSELF. Jesus is GOD.. Gods only Begotten.... just like when a person has a baby, their baby is human...God had a Son...Completely Unique...God came into the World and put on human flesh..So HE could legally pay the price of your rebellion against HIM. And HE could Show the world the Love of the Father..For those who choose to believe, who accept HIS gracious offer, He grants that person to be an adopted son or daughter. So when we pray to the Father he hears us because of HIS Spirit that he places within us.Not because we are good..but because His Spirit is within us..People I think try to make it confusing...they try to overthink it..Hoping that on Judgement day they will be able to claim they were ignorant and couldnt possibly understand something so complicated.. That is where they are going to be eternally damned. He made it so easy that even a little child could understand it. He is a free gift from God .It cost Him His most precious part of HIMSELF to cancel out the charges against us. And all HE ask us to do is BELIEVE.
While this is prefectly fine explanation of what institutional Chrstianity teaches, this explanation cannot be found in the Bible. The concept and explanation of the Trinity is found only in the dogmatic teachings of the institutional church, not the Bible. No one who has never been exposed to the dogma of the church has every come up with the doctrine of Trinity on their own by simply reading the Bible.

While this is prefectly fine explanation of what institutional Chrstianity teaches, this explanation cannot be found in the Bible. The concept and explanation of the Trinity is found only in the dogmatic teachings of the institutional church, not the Bible. No one who has never been exposed to the dogma of the church has every come up with the doctrine of Trinity on their own by simply reading the Bible.
Jesus clearly claimed attributes that are only associated with God though. I.E.

Forgive someones sins.