Why Didn't Adam And Eve Have Sex Before The Fall Of Man?

Mr. Blah

Veteran
Why didn't Adam and Eve have sex (and then have children) before the Fall of Man?

Why aren't there children in the Garden of Eden?

Damien50

Star
Why didn't Adam and Eve have sex (and then have children) before the Fall of Man?

They were the children. The eating of the fruit and gaining the knowledge could be compared to puberty. After reaching puberty they became self aware, covering themselves, and had sex outside of the garden.

There are theories that Eve mated with the serpent and begat Cain while Adam was the father of Abel.

Karlysymon

Superstar
Because they needed to pass the test of loyalty, which would determine the fate of their children. They cast the die for independence from God, set into motion biological changes that were passed on and here we are, mired in this crap.

Mr. Blah

Veteran
Because they needed to pass the test of loyalty, which would determine the fate of their children. They cast the die for independence from God, set into motion biological changes that were passed on and here we are, mired in this crap.
That's your speculation. Good speculation, indeed.

Why does God like to test people, BTW?
Jigsaw in Saw series does it too.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

How long were they in the Garden of Eden for?

What makes you presume that they were sexless? Many misguided Christians have equated sex with the fall and this has led to all manner of foolish doctrines.

As an MO, is your intention to subtly dig at the faith of weak or uninformed Christians to try to hit back at a God you feel has let you down?

I notice many of your posts follow this basic format, and it is worth standing back and looking at the big picture.

rainerann

Star
There is no way to answer this question based on the information that we are given. Any attempt would ultimately lead to presumption.
Similar questions like this would be something like, how old were Adam and Eve when they were created? Did Eve pick flowers in the garden of Eden? Did other animals talk? There is no way to answer any questions like these. I could presume that Eve seems young or that if the snake could talk, it is possible that other animals did as well. However, this would lead to presumption.

The Bible equates presumption with idolatry. "For rebellion is as the sin of divination, and presumption is as iniquity and idolatry" (1 Samuel 15:23). So it is better not to do this.

Yahda

Veteran
I kind of liked Mr. Blah. His post provoke thought. It could be that users are not use to thinking or questioning their surroundings or what it is they believe ?

Here you have someone free to question life, who seek understanding... opposed to those who are told what to think and what to believe, what not to believe, and don't dare question it. Just believe, have faith.....meanwhile you live a lifetime without answers and pass such a way of thinking onto future generations.

I'm feeling like some are jealous of that freedom. They probably wish they had the freedom to question, learn and explore our world but are held back by a many of things. I have more respect for his way of thinking then those who blindly follow certain ideas and ideologies that they can't explain. He's a threat to some comfort zone. Most just want to be free in their ignorance, but what does that say about you ?

I thought he asked a good question. I myself would like to know ? Instead of beating him with a stick simply because you are being forced to face the reality of the fact that you don't know.....again and again time after time, year after year, century after century....some would rather silence people like Mr.Blah. Too many tough questions that can't be answered. Maybe if we started asking questions and seeking answers maybe we wouldn't be so dumb and poor as a nation ?

With that being said people like Mr.Blah are not the problem and I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@Yahda

"wish they had the freedom to question, learn and explore our world but are held back by a many of things"

You either submit your wisdom to God and his self revelation or you believe you are above his standards and are in a fit position to judge Him. There is a god over this group too, just a different one...

Yahda

Veteran
@Yahda

"wish they had the freedom to question, learn and explore our world but are held back by a many of things"

You either submit your wisdom to God and his self revelation or you believe you are above his standards and are in a fit position to judge Him. There is a god over this group too, just a different one...

" you either submit your wisdom to God...."

I guess that submission is still pending ? Where is this wisdom ? None of you can even agree with what it is you believe, yet all of you read from the same book and CLAIM to have the same holy spirit.

People like you hold certain ideas and ideologies near and dear to heart. You swear and live by them, but for the life of you can't throughly explain your beliefs, or what it is you believe. Most don't really have a clue.

Like I said maybe if we stop walking in faith ( delusion) maybe this world would be a better place.

God said we suffer from LACK OF KNOWLEDGE. Not once has He ever encouraged ignorance.

As I said before. You can ask questions. You can question life. Just don't be mad at the answers you receive.

Just because most of you live in a box don't be mad or look down on those who are free to learn and live vs those who live restrained and restricted bubble lives. You live and die the same way. Just as dumb as you came. The cycle repeats.

Again. I'm so glad God freed me from that.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Spelling it out, Satan is described as the god of this world. There is indeed one true God, but the fallen one is a pretender to the role...

Isaiah 14

12How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

16They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

17That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

18All the kings of the nations, even all of them, lie in glory, every one in his own house.

19But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.

Yahda

Veteran
Spelling it out, Satan is described as the god of this world. There is indeed one true God, but the fallen one is a pretender to the role...

Isaiah 14

12How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

16They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

17That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

18All the kings of the nations, even all of them, lie in glory, every one in his own house.

19But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.

Such verses said nothing about Satan, nor does it say anything about Satan being the god of this world (smh.)

Those verses are in regard to the falling one. The bright morning star spoken about and worshiped like God and as God in revelations 22:16.