Why did you pick your username?

llleopard

Established
I had a leopard tattoo on my ankle when I was young because it was my nickname. Graceful, Strong, prone to leaving half my lunch up a tree...who knows? Then my kids heard a song about a Little Lost Leopard, and that stuck. My husband says it's now Lots Loved Leopard. He usually calls me Spots for short.

Handcar

Rookie
I chose mine being a fanatic collector of handcars... Even had a railroad track laid in my backyard. It all started years ago when I went on a vacation through the wilderness of Sweden on a handcar along an old, abandoned railroad track. Those were the days.

Maes17

Superstar
I picked it because I grew up reading Archie Comics and Cheryl Blossom was my most favourite character. I used to love Betty Cooper because that’s what my mom used to call me. My entire family are huge fans of comic books, not just Archie Comics.

We all are addicted to comic books, I’ve been addicted to Archie comic’s since I was 15 and I’m 28 now, so about 13 years for me.
That's nice!
When a whole family does stuff like that. Pretty cool

Lurker

Star
Look.. on my Peninsula (where I dwell), he happens to be OUR Conquistador and he generates a lot of revenue on the coast. We're still getting mileage from his "discovery" of what is believed to be the Oldest City in the US, and the Fountain of Youth. Canned history, of course, but such is life. It was hardly an insult.
It must've taken some big brass balls back then. Rattlesnakes, cottonmouths, spiders, alligators, bears, panthers, local tribes-- the death toll must've been high.

polymoog

Superstar
It must've taken some big brass balls back then. Rattlesnakes, cottonmouths, spiders, alligators, bears, panthers, local tribes-- the death toll must've been high.
you might be interested in reading about cabeza de vaca on the narvaez expedition. 3 spanish survivors in 1528 traveled from the florida to mexico with the help and hinderance of everything you stated above. took them over a period of 8 years to find their fellow countrymen. these spanish were the first whites/euros encountered by these southern american indians.