Why did God kill?

phipps

Star
since i have not yet received a proper answer, i would also like to add another related question:

why would god create an earth where beings must kill and destroy other beings (via consumption) in order to survive?

im not here to debate it, but i would like an explanation.
God did not create an earth where beings must kill and destroy other beings. He created this earth perfect. Adam and Eve were perfect and sinless. Sin was never meant to be part of the equation but sadly Adam and Eve chose Satan over God, sin came into this world which includes killing.

What exactly will be a proper answer for you?

Last edited:

phipps

Star
After having read the bible and considered god's actions, I can only conclude that he was a psychopath who set people up to fail so that he could punish them.
If that is your conclusion then you clearly don't know or understand God at all according to His Word. You don't know what you're talking about.

Last edited:

polymoog

Superstar
Sin was never meant to be part of the equation but sadly Adam and Eve chose Satan over God, sin came into this world which includes killing.
so why isnt vegetarianism, at the very least, a commandment in the bible?

phipps

Star
so why isnt vegetarianism, at the very least, a commandment in the bible?
Originally God designed for people to be plant based. He told them to eat, "every herb (plant) bearing seed, every fruit of the tree yielding seed, that is, the plants containing the seed, i.e. fruits, nuts, grains and pulses (Genesis 1:29). After man sinned God introduced vegetables, roots, flowers and stalks (Genesis 3:18).

Because man was continually sinful (their sins crossed a line) God destroyed this earth with a flood. It took time for plants to grow back so God allowed man to eat meat as a quick means of food. Before the flood God had already showed Noah which animals were clean and which animals were not fit to eat when he brought the animals to the ark. God foresaw that it would take time for plants to grow after the flood, so Noah took far more of the clean animals fit to eat (the fit animals were taken by sevens compared to two of the unclean) as God commanded. It was never God's intention that we eat meat, these are all the consequences of sin. The Bible shows that human life quickly got much shorter once man started eating meat.

polymoog

Superstar
Because man was continually sinful (their sins crossed a line) God destroyed this earth with a flood. It took time for plants to grow back so God allowed man to eat meat as a quick means of food. Before the flood God had already showed Noah which animals were clean and which animals were not fit to eat when he brought the animals to the ark. God foresaw that it would take time for plants to grow after the flood, so Noah took far more of the clean animals fit to eat (the fit animals were taken by sevens compared to two of the unclean) as God commanded. It was never God's intention that we eat meat, these are all the consequences of sin. The Bible shows that human life quickly got much shorter once man started eating meat.
ok. the bible was written after the flood, right?
so why wasnt it a written commandment afterward?

phipps

Star
so why wasnt it a written commandment afterward?
That's not a question for me a mere mortal. That's a question for God. All I can tell you is eating meat had become part of man's diet after the flood. God allowed it as long as it was clean meat. There are dietary laws in the Bible all the way from Genesis where God tells us what animals we can and cannot eat.

I will add that Christians can follow God's original plan of a plant based diet. It is the healthier diet. When Israel was in the wilderness in need of food, God provided manna which was plant based. When they insisted on eating meat, God gave them quail; but the result was sickness (Numbers 11:4-23, 31-33). Biblically God rarely provided flesh to His people. In fact, the regular diet of the Israelites was basically plant based or vegetarian. Their animals were a source of milk, curds, and cheese. Only under special circumstances did they eat meat (e.g. sacrifices, Leviticus 3:1-9).

The Bible says that at the end, after the eradication of sin from God’s creation, humans will again be plant based. It will be an earth without violence within it (Isaiah11:6-9; 65:25). The absence of violence in the animal world means it will be absent among humans.

Last edited:

shankara

Star
That's no a question for me a mere mortal. That's a question for God. All I can tell you is eating meat had become part of man's diet after the flood. God allowed it as long as it was clean meat. There are dietary laws in the Bible all the way from Genesis where God tells us what animals we can and cannot eat.
Perhaps those laws were designed for specific people at specific times when eating meat was necessary, rather than as a permanent thing? In fact we could go further and suggest that the whole Old Testament (at least) is like that, for a particular circumstance.

phipps

Star
Perhaps those laws were designed for specific people at specific times when eating meat was necessary, rather than as a permanent thing? In fact we could go further and suggest that the whole Old Testament (at least) is like that, for a particular circumstance.
I've just edited my reply to @polymoog that answers this. Being plant based was always God's plan for us.

Tidal

Star
God is not some mushbrained social worker, so if ancient heathen tribes didn't shape up, he culled them and their bad genes out of the human race..:)

"dogs, pigs. " (Matt 7:6)
"weeds" (Matt 13:38 )
"brute beasts," (2 Peter 2:12)
"heathens" (Jeremiah 10:2)
"fools" (Psalm 94:8 )
"liars" (1 John 2:22/23)
"defiled" (Titus 1:15)
"filthy" (Revelation 22:11)

Cintra

Star
God is not some mushbrained social worker, so if ancient heathen tribes didn't shape up, he culled them and their bad genes out of the human race..:)

"dogs, pigs. " (Matt 7:6)
"weeds" (Matt 13:38 )
"brute beasts," (2 Peter 2:12)
"heathens" (Jeremiah 10:2)
"fools" (Psalm 94:8 )
"liars" (1 John 2:22/23)
"defiled" (Titus 1:15)
"filthy" (Revelation 22:11)
everybody spills their seed on the ground.
shouldn't be a hanging offence.

Tidal

Star
..It was never God's intention that we eat meat, these are all the consequences of sin. The Bible shows that human life quickly got much shorter once man started eating meat.

Phipps, it seems that every time you post in VC you're trying to promote veganism, don't you ever talk about anything else?
I've always been a meat-eater because I listen to my body when it tells me what it wants, and even God himself said-
"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything" (Genesis 9:3)
and once we start ignoring God and our body we're heading for trouble..;)-

phipps

Star
Phipps, it seems that every time you post in VC you're trying to promote veganism, don't you ever talk about anything else?
I've always been a meat-eater because I listen to my body when it tells me what it wants, and even God himself said-
"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything" (Genesis 9:3)
and once we start ignoring God and our body we're heading for trouble..;)-

I'm not having this discussion with you again. We have reached an impasse. Lets agree to disagree. I will take the counsel of the Word of God and you choose your own doctrine on this subject. I pray and hope you will come to accept God's Word on this subject. God bless.

PS: I have a forum on this subject so I prefer to not to discuss it here too much.

Last edited:

Cintra

Star
God likes the smell of meat.
it says so repeatedly in the bible.
That was why Cain killed Able, cos he wanted to mell the meat cooking.

same in exodus. god like the smell of meat.

phipps

Star
Gen 6:4
4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

Nephilim + women = hybrid offspring, no?
I've just received the notification for this post just now. Sometimes I'm not even getting any notifications at all. I don't know why.

Nephilim + women = hybrid offspring, no?
No. First off those who believe in the false doctrine of nephilim don't believe nephilim + women = hybrid offspring. They believe sons of God + daughters of men = nephilim or giants who are the hybrid offspring. That is not biblical. Angels, fallen and unfallen cannot procreate with human beings. They are spirits and do not have human DNA plus Jesus said they cannot marry (Matthew 22:30) which the sons of God did with the daughters of men according to Genesis 6:2, "that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose." I explained this in more detail here and here.

Last edited:

Bent8484

Established
In the Bible we read about God punishing people which included death of men, women, children and even animals. Why would God kill His own people and why would He kill innocent children and animals that haven't done anything wrong?
Which God is an important question to ask when looking at old testament verses. Check out the Names of God (NOG) translation of the Bible, it helps sort out the Canaanite deities before many of them were merged into a single godhead, or taken to be different names/facets of the same being.

Bent8484

Established
God likes the smell of meat.
it says so repeatedly in the bible.
That was why Cain killed Able, cos he wanted to mell the meat cooking.

same in exodus. god like the smell of meat.
Who doesn't like that BBQ aroma, eh? I'm with God on this one.

(I was discussing the implications of God being an extra-temporal being with the gf yesterday, like how he could play video games that haven't even come out yet, and it totally applies here: God always knew we'd develop gas BBQs, which means for all we know he's been grilling since Genesis.)

TokiEl

Superstar
The title might as well be... Why God will kill.

Isaiah 63 2Why are Your clothes red,

and Your garments like one who treads the winepress?

3“I have trodden the winepress alone,

and no one from the nations was with Me.

I trampled them in My anger

and trod them down in My fury;

their blood spattered My garments,

and all My clothes were stained.

Rev 19 11Then I saw heaven standing open, and there before me was a white horse. And its rider is called Faithful and True. With righteousness He judges and wages war. 12 He has eyes like blazing fire, and many royal crowns on His head. He has a name written on Him that only He Himself knows. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and His name is The Word of God.

Cintra

Star
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Ezekiel 25.17