why Christians reject Roman Catholic church

Wigi

Veteran
An argument we often hear from Catholics is that without them, there is no Bible. What they never tell you is that the Catholic institution never wanted you to possess your own Bible and in fact they went out of their way to gatekeep the Scripture to the point they burnt William Tyndale at stake in Belgium for translating the Bible in english. The Bible wasn't printed thanks to them but against the will of the clergy and aristocrats and those who took the risk were cancelled (excommunicated).

I can respect what Catholicism has done for Europe at a cultural level, I like my Cathedrals and I think those who built them had a godly will to offer a material legacy of Christianity which would survive wars, plagues and revolutions through the ages.
I'm not fundamentally against catholic traditions and unlike most protestants I can concede that some notable Catholics like Joan of Arc were true Christians with a real relationship with God and a lifestyle of prayer (although Catholics caused her to die in martyr then retconned the story and said they were against her trial)

One problem I have is when the traditions became a golden carf and the "holy" theocratic experiment with it's spiritual end result is in many ways a catastrophe.

Even today, Catholic think infant baptism saves them yet it is not even close to be biblical. Being born in a garage never makes you a car.

So what, a little slap to the wrist and we say the past is the past? Sure why not but something that should make any Catholic rethink their position:

Is the Catholic institution being the salt of the earth today ? I don't think so

Is the Catholic institution filled with never ending scandals? Yes, unfortunately.

What about the degenerate popes throughout centuries with now pope francis ? We can write pages.

At some point if you're very honest with yourself, you have to choose between what you know is in the Bible and what you see in Catholicism.
I don't recall Jesus saying the path to follow is where the crowd is in large numbers. Instead He said it is narrow.

"Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
Matthew 7:13‭-‬14

free2018

Star
People are sinners, so all different denominations have sinners.
It doesn't mean it is OK for a Christian to go to a church they already know teaches false doctrine. That applies to all different types, I am not singling out the RCC.
E.G. I could not in good conscience go to a Uniting Church in Australia, because they openly support LGBT+. That is directly against what the Bible says.
Unfortunately it is very challenging for many people to find decent local churches today. There is no easy answer there.
I was done with church on a weekly basis many years ago.

Everything has changed for me spiritually since then.

I still don’t believe many lies that I heard in all denominations growing up.

Here is mainstream Christianity.

For example, so many denominations push these fake holidays that are not biblical. Then there is a lot of idolatry in modern Christianity. There are sodomite churches and sodomite friendly Bibles.

When I feel the need to, I go every once in awhile.

I don’t need people who don’t believe in the Bible to help me with my walk. I need God.

These church people are more offended by poor people than they are with sin. They turn away people.

The church is Christians.

I find it rather arrogant and quite insulting that you don’t consider Catholicism to be Christian
About as insulting as the catholic church declaring christians to be damned if they don't submit to the pope/catholic church, yet pagans and unbelievers who are "good people" will be saved?
(Hmm, could this be a reason why non-Christians always seem to insist on claiming that catholics are Christian?)

For the record, i do believe there are saved Christians who happen to be catholics. Saved in spite of it, not because of it. In the past, when the catholic church was busy trying to prevent people from reading and studying the Bible (and most people were illiterate), there were limited ways of hearing about Jesus Christ. That excuse does not apply today.

All these traditions you've posted are indeed wrong and most Protestants can tell they are wrong because they are unbiblical. They do not harmonise with the Word of God. A lot of them were brought in from paganism as has been mentioned.

You forgot to mention some traditions though. Unfortunately these traditions are also kept and observed by most Protestants. Christmas, Easter and Sunday worship.
Wouldn't the book of Acts indicate that the early church met on the first day of the week?

Acts 20:7

5These going before tarried for us at Troas. 6And we sailed away from Philippi after the days of unleavened bread, and came unto them to Troas in five days; where we abode seven days. 7And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight. 8And there were many lights in the upper chamber, where they were gathered together. 9And there sat in a window a certain young man named Eutychus, being fallen into a deep sleep: and as Paul was long preaching, he sunk down with sleep, and fell down from the third loft, and was taken up dead.

Earlier verses in Acts indicate that Paul went to unconverted (and unbaptized) Jews on the Sabbath to preach the gospel, but there's no mention of Christians worshipping on the Sabbath

Acts 13
13 And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made; and we sat down, and spake unto the women which resorted thither.

14 And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us: whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul.

15 And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us.

Acts 17

1Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews: 2And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, 3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ. 4 And some of them believed, and consorted with Paul and Silas; and of the devout Greeks a great multitude, and of the chief women not a few

Unfortunately it is very challenging for many people to find decent local churches today. There is no easy answer there.
This is true.
My family tried 5 different churches before giving up.

Two of those were under masonic control. (We saw cars with the masonic logo in the parking lot, and overheard the pastor discussing "the lodge" with a churchgoer at one. The other church was laid out in a way that strongly resembled a picture i found online of a masonic temple and the pastor blatantly looked up to a pastor i know is a mason).

The third had a habit of shaming the poor, and basically anyone who wasn't "perfect". There was a cultish feel to it, as though everyone was performing and pretending to be the most righteous. For lack of better options we may have stuck with it, if they hadn't acted as though our children were an obstacle. This unBiblical hypocrisy was the final straw. Jesus said to suffer the children to come to Him.

The other one also had issues with our children. While i know the catholic church is the most well known for child abuse, i know there's been scandals in other churches too, and i am not going to leave my children unattended with a stranger. If my children can't be in the main service then im going with them. If a church takes issue with that then it's not the church for us.

There ARE churches that are more accessible and accommodating but then that often means they are accommodating of "the world" too. I'm not going to attend a church that waters down doctrine and tries too hard to be relevant and compromise with the world.

While the situation is not ideal, i do think Revelation 3:14-20 tells us that in the lukewarm Laodicean age Jesus stands outside the door and knocks, so if that means just worshipping at home as a family, that's what we will do.

Here is mainstream Christianity...There are sodomite churches and sodomite friendly Bibles
Im not writing this to argue or change your mind, but it is an often repeated unfair comparison to compare the most lukewarm unBiblical degenerate worldly churches (the "mainstream") with catholicism (or eastern orthodoxy) as a argument of which is "better".

There ARE churches out there that hold to the Bible, are not lgbbq friendly, are not focused on being "entertainment", etc. They are NOT the mainsteam, or the majority. Nowhere does the Bible say that Christianity will be mainstream or majority.

Some examples are the IFB movement. I'm not endorsing them, or saying they are 100% correct, just gving an example of churches that are definitely not pro lgbbq agenda.

These church people are more offended by poor people than they are with sin. They turn away people.
This is true, and unfortunate. I have come across churches that are this way, and they are in the wrong.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
As much as you focus on Jesus as a means to an end, he becomes an idol instead of a messenger.

"Don't get attached to what I say, don't get attached to any doctrine, to what I preach; don't get attached to my personality. These are all just fingers pointing to the moon. Forget me, don't start worshiping me; just look at the moon. And once you have looked at the moon, I don't matter at all." -- Buddha
Jesus is not just a message.

He is ALIVE an is coming back one day.

Buddha is not.

JoChris

Superstar
This is true.
My family tried 5 different churches before giving up.

Two of those were under masonic control. (We saw cars with the masonic logo in the parking lot, and overheard the pastor discussing "the lodge" with a churchgoer at one. The other church was laid out in a way that strongly resembled a picture i found online of a masonic temple and the pastor blatantly looked up to a pastor i know is a mason).

The third had a habit of shaming the poor, and basically anyone who wasn't "perfect". There was a cultish feel to it, as though everyone was performing and pretending to be the most righteous. For lack of better options we may have stuck with it, if they hadn't acted as though our children were an obstacle. This unBiblical hypocrisy was the final straw. Jesus said to suffer the children to come to Him.

The other one also had issues with our children. While i know the catholic church is the most well known for child abuse, i know there's been scandals in other churches too, and i am not going to leave my children unattended with a stranger. If my children can't be in the main service then im going with them. If a church takes issue with that then it's not the church for us.

There ARE churches that are more accessible and accommodating but then that often means they are accommodating of "the world" too. I'm not going to attend a church that waters down doctrine and tries too hard to be relevant and compromise with the world.

While the situation is not ideal, i do think Revelation 3:14-20 tells us that in the lukewarm Laodicean age Jesus stands outside the door and knocks, so if that means just worshipping at home as a family, that's what we will do.
You just reminded me that I should be more grateful for my very back to basics baptist church. What you see is what you get. Fake Christians wouldn't want to stay for long if they had the choice. Churches like mine are rare these days.

A Freeman

Superstar
I was done with church on a weekly basis many years ago.

Everything has changed for me spiritually since then.

I still don’t believe many lies that I heard in all denominations growing up.

Here is mainstream Christianity.

For example, so many denominations push these fake holidays that are not biblical. Then there is a lot of idolatry in modern Christianity. There are sodomite churches and sodomite friendly Bibles.

When I feel the need to, I go every once in awhile.

I don’t need people who don’t believe in the Bible to help me with my walk. I need God.

The church is Christians.
What is today referred to as "Christianity" would be more aptly named "Churchianity" or "Paulianity", because it is centered around the church (which Christ condemned - Matt. 6:5-8, 23:8-10, Rev. 2-3) and around the misinterpretations of the letters of Paul.

The Protestant denominations, of which there are reportedly thousands (how could all of these different paths be THE Way?), often forget that they are the harlot daughters that the "mother church" of Rome (the great whore) gave birth to, which would explain why they have ALL adopted some, if not many of the pagan rites, rituals and superstitions taught by Roman Catholicism, e.g. the "trinity", Sun-day sun-worship and the pagan festivals of X-mass and Ishtar/Easter.

Father (God) NEVER changed His Holy, Weekly Sabbath day from the seventh day of the week to the first day of the week, which is why we find no such change anywhere in Scripture.

Jesus was resurrected on the 7th day of the week -- the Sabbath Day, aka The Lord's Day -- which is why the women approaching the tomb early on the first day of the week found it EMPTY.

This is what Christ said to His Sheep about the churches:-

Revelation 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, COME OUT of her, MY people, that ye take not part in her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues (punishment).

Revelation 2:20-23
2:20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel (ch. 17), which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.
2:21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.
2:22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
2:23 And I will kill her children with death; and ALL the churches (communities) shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your WORKS.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
@ToxicFemininitySucks

Wouldn't the book of Acts indicate that the early church met on the first day of the week?
Meeting on the first day of the week (Sunday) does not mean the Sabbath changed. Christians can meet and gather on any day of the week but the Sabbath is still the Sabbath and the apostles including Paul still observed it as should we all.

5These going before tarried for us at Troas. 6And we sailed away from Philippi after the days of unleavened bread, and came unto them to Troas in five days; where we abode seven days. 7And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight. 8And there were many lights in the upper chamber, where they were gathered together. 9And there sat in a window a certain young man named Eutychus, being fallen into a deep sleep: and as Paul was long preaching, he sunk down with sleep, and fell down from the third loft, and was taken up dead.

Earlier verses in Acts indicate that Paul went to unconverted (and unbaptized) Jews on the Sabbath to preach the gospel, but there's no mention of Christians worshipping on the Sabbath
This passage comes up a lot when Christians who go to church on Sunday think that somehow this means the Sabbath changed. Yes the disciples met on the first day of the week and broke bread which just means they ate together. The expression "breaking bread" is also used in Acts 2:46 to mean they ate a meal together. "So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart."

It was not a communion service where also the words "breaking bread" are used. Its context that shows us that it could not have been a communion service. The reason for this gathering on the first day of the week (Sunday) was not to celebrate communion or to have a worship service. The reason is made clear in verse 7, "Paul, ready to depart the next day, spoke to them and continued his message until midnight." And in verse 11 we are told, "Now when he had come up, had broken bread and eaten, and talked a long while, even till daybreak, he departed." It was just a meal.

Its important to mention that the communion service/Lord's supper which Jesus instituted just before He died (Luke 22:19) can happen on any day of the week. The first communion service that Jesus had with His apostles was on Thursday the day before preparation day which was/is Friday. So even though they were having a communion service in that upper chamber room in Acts 20, that would be okay. But neither Christ nor the apostles have commanded that the communion service/Lord's Supper should be held on any particular day of the week.

Acts 13
13 And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made; and we sat down, and spake unto the women which resorted thither.

14 And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us: whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul.

15 And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us.

Acts 17

1Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews: 2And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, 3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ. 4 And some of them believed, and consorted with Paul and Silas; and of the devout Greeks a great multitude, and of the chief women not a few
Acts 13:42, 44, “When the Jews went out of the synagogue, the Gentiles begged that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath. … On the next Sabbath almost the whole city came together to hear the word of God.” The apostles in the early church not only obeyed and observed God’s Sabbath command, but they also taught the converted Gentiles to worship on Sabbath.

Acts 18:4, "And he reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath, and persuaded both Jews and Greeks." Paul and the early church which included none Jews kept the Sabbath in the book of Acts.

Nowhere in the Bible did the Sabbath change as that would mean the ten commandments, God's moral law changed. It is impossible for that to happen. If the law could change Jesus would not have to have died for our sins. He could have just changed the law to suit us. There is no suggestion anywhere in the Scriptures that Jesus or the apostles ever—at any time, under any circumstance—changed the holy seventh-day Sabbath to any other day.

Plus the Sabbath will be kept in the New Kingdom to come for all eternity by all the saved, " 'For as the new heavens and the new earth which I will make shall remain before Me,’ says the Lord, ‘So shall your descendants and your name remain. And it shall come to pass that from one New Moon to another, and from one Sabbath to another, all flesh shall come to worship before Me,’ says the Lord” (Isaiah 66:22-23).

The Catholic church knows that God never changed the day of the Sabbath. They claim the responsibility for the change themselves as I quoted them in my previous post. I will post more quotes from them below:

The Convert's Catechism of Catholic Doctrine (1957): 50:
"Q. Which is the Sabbath day?
A. Saturday is the Sabbath day.
Q. Why Do we observe Sunday instead of Saturday?
A. We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday."

Catholic Record (September 1, 1923):
"The [Catholic] Church is above the Bible, and this transference of the Sabbath observance is proof of that fact."

Letter from C.F. Thomas, Chancellor of Cardinal Gibbons on October 28, 1895:
"Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change was her act…And the act is a MARK of her ecclesiastical power and authority in religious matters."

Last edited:

phipps

Star
@ToxicFemininitySucks

I know this thread is about Catholicism but other denominations that worship on Sunday also recognise that the day never was never changed in the Bible. I posted this in my thread about the Sabbath so I will repost it here.

Denominational Testimony
Summary: Members of many Protestant denominations recognize that choosing Sunday as the day of rest is unBiblical.

Members of many Protestant denominations recognize that Sunday is not the day of rest found in Scripture.

Anglican
Isaac Williams, Plain Sermons on the Catechism Volume 1: 334, 336:

"And where are we told in the Scriptures that we are to keep the first day at all? We are commanded to keep the seventh, but we are nowhere commanded to keep the first day...The reasons why we keep the first day of the week holy instead of the seventh is for the same reason that we observe many other things, not because the Bible, but because the [Catholic) church has enjoined [ordered) it."

Rev. Lionel Beere, Church and People (September 1, 1947):
"Many people think that Sunday is the Sabbath, but neither in the New Testament nor in the early church, is there anything to suggest that we have any right to transfer the observance of the seventh day of the week to the first. The Sabbath was and is Saturday and not Sunday."

Baptist
Dr. Edward T. Hiscox, sermon at Baptist Ministers' Convention (Saratoga, NY. August 20, 1893), as quoted in Charlene R. Fortsch, Daniel: Understanding the Dreams and Visions (British Columbia: Prophecy Song, 2006): 363:

"There was and is a commandment to keep holy the Sabbath day, but the Sabbath day was not Sunday. It will, however, be readily said, and with some show of triumph, that the Sabbath was transferred from the seventh to the first day of the week, with all its duties, privileges and sanctions...Where can the record of such a transaction be found? Not in the New Testament—absolutely not. There is no scriptural evidence of the change of the Sabbath institution from the seventh to the first day of the week...What a pity that it [Sunday] comes branded with the mark of paganism and christened with the name of the sun-god, then adopted and sanctified by the papal apostasy and bequeathed as a sacred legacy to Protestantism."

Congregationalist
Robert William Dale, The Ten Commandments (London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1884): 100-101:

"It is quite clear that however rigidly or devoutly we spend Sunday, we are not keeping the Sabbath... The Sabbath was founded on a specific Divine Command. We can plead no such command for the obligation to observe Sunday ...There is not a single sentence in the New Testament to suggest that we incur any penalty by violating the supposed sanctity of Sunday."

Dr. Lymen Abbot, Christian Union June 26, 1890):
"The current notion that Christ and His apostles authoritatively substituted the first day for the seventh is absolutely without any authority in the New Testament."

Disciples of Christ
Dr. D. H. Lucas, Christian Oracle (January 23, 1890):

"There's no direct Scriptural authority for designating the first day "the Lord's Day." "

Episcopalian
Bishop Seymour as quoted in Kevin Morgan, Sabbath Rest (TEACH Services, 2002): 13:

"We have made the change from the seventh day to the first day, from Saturday to Sunday, on the authority of the one holy catholic apostolic church."

Manual of Christian Doctrine: 127:
"Is there any command in the New Testament to change the day of weekly rest from Saturday to Sunday? None."

Lutheran
Augustus Neander and Henry John Rose, The History of the Christian Religion and Church (New York: Stanford and Swords, 1848): 186:

"The festival of Sunday, like all other festivals, was always only a human ordinance, and it was far from the intentions of the apostles to establish a Divine command in this respect, far from them, and from the early apostolic Church, to transfer the laws of the Sabbath to Sunday."

The Sunday Problem (1923): 36, as quoted in Kevin Morgan, Sabbath Rest (TEACH Services, 2002): 45:
"We have seen how gradually the impression of the Jewish [not exclusively Jewish, but given to all God's people] Sabbath faded from the mind of the Christian Church, and how completely the newer thought underlying observance of the first day took possession of the church. We have seen that the Christians of the first 3 centuries never confused one with the other."

Methodist
Amos Binney, The Methodist Book Concern (New York, 1902):

"It is true there is no positive command for infant baptism. Nor is there any for keeping holy the first day of the week. Many believe that Christ changed the Sabbath. But, from His own words, we see that He came for no such purpose."

Harris F. Rall, Christian Advocate (July 2, 1942): 26:
"Take the matter of Sunday...there is no passage telling Christians to keep that day, or to transfer the Jewish Sabbath to that day."

Presbyterian
Canon Eyton, The Ten Commandments: 63, 65:

"Into the rest of Sunday, no Divine Law enters ... The observance of Ash Wednesday, or Lent, stands exactly on the same footing as the observance of Sunday."

Nathan L Rice et al., The Christian Sabbath (New York: Robert Carter & Brothers, 1863): 60.
"A change of the day to be observed, from the last day of the week to the first. There is no record, no express command, authorizing this change."

Southern Baptist
Joseph J. Taylor, The Sabbath Question (F.H. Revell Co., 1914): 14-17, 41:

"The sacred name of the seventh day is Sabbath. This fact is too clear to require argument...Not once did the disciples apply the Sabbath law to the first day or the week—that folly was left for later ages, nor did they pretend that the first day supplanted the seventh."

https://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception-Sabbath_Sunday_denominations

A Freeman

Superstar
Was there ever an "early church"? The Greek word that has been wrongly translated as "church" in most English translations is ekklēsias/ekklēsian, which means "community" (the people in a given area), NOT church (a building made by humans - see Acts 7:48, 24:17).

Is there any mention of them worshiping in a church on Sunday? No. The disciples meeting for a meal on the first day of the week is in no way indicating that they met in a church nor that they met to worship, nor that they were changing the Sabbath Day. It specifically states they met to break bread (have a meal) together and to talk.

1 Corinthians 11:20-30
11:20 When ye come together therefore into one place, [this] is NOT to eat the Lord's supper (the bread and the wine).
11:21 For in eating every one taketh before [other] his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.
11:22 What? Have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? Or despise ye the community of God, and embarrass them that are poor [and have not]? What shall I say to you? Shall I praise you in this? I praise [you] not.
11:23 For I have received from the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the [same] night in which he was betrayed took bread:
11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake [it], and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me (every time you eat or drink remember my teaching and "Self"-sacrifice and follow my example daily).
11:25 After the same manner also [he took] the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the New Covenant in my blood: this do ye, as often as ye drink (every time you eat or drink, not once a week in a church), in remembrance of me.
11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do show the Lord's death till he come.
11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink [this] cup of the Lord, unworthily [whilst still committing sin], shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of [that] bread, and drink of [that] cup.
11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
11:30 For this reason many [are] weak and sickly among you, and MANY sleep.

There is no mention anywhere in Scripture for people to gather together to worship in a building on the seventh day of the week (the Sabbath day/Saturday) nor on the first day of the week (Sun-day). The Sabbath day was made for man to be a rest from the world, to be spent with God.

Lyfe

Star
I don't see anything in scripture that would lead me to believe God looks unfavorably toward the saints meeting one day a week and in a building(even if that day is on Sunday). I believe with The Lord he considers the fruit and that determines whether or not his favor or displeasure is toward it. All things are lawful though all things are not expedient. Is it sin to do good and honor God on Sundays?

If people come together in a building and their conduct and procedure honors God then how can we say its "unbiblical" and that God takes no pleasure in it? Where do people usually gather? A building. One day a week is better than nothing and it would be an even greater deviation if nobody came together at all during any of the days of the week. Shouldn't we come together and acknowledge and praise God everyday and is not Sunday also another day?

We are called to fellowship and God even gave us teachers, pastors, prophets, and etc for the building up of the body which would suggest we are supposed to be under some type of sphere of structure that involves meeting with other individuals.

I will agree that the context and nature of what usually takes place in these proceedings deserves all the reproof it gets, but to speak against people meeting together in a building one day a week is not right. It's not an unbiblical thing for people to do if what's done in and with that time pleases and glorifies God. It's another day to acknowledge God.

Alanantic

Star
Jesus is not just a message.

He is ALIVE an is coming back one day.

Buddha is not.
Well, he's certainly a legend in your own mind. Actually, Buddha is returning as Maitreya. Krishna's returning, too.

"For the protection of the good, for the destruction of the wicked and for the establishment of righteousness, I am born in every age." -- Krishna

They're all coming back because they're all the same consciousness.

Lyfe

Star
What is it about Buddha's quote that didn't make sense? No, I don't matter, either.
Honestly it goes back to this. Is "the truth" relative and something we can determine for ourselves or is it absolute? You clearly believe what your saying is the truth(otherwise you wouldn't say the things you do) which actually contradicts your relativity based outlook.

I believe much of what your saying is false. Now is that the truth or not?

What your saying cannot matter in a world where everyone dictates their own truth.

A Freeman

Superstar
I don't see anything in scripture that would lead me to believe God looks unfavorably toward the saints meeting one day a week and in a building(even if that day is on Sunday).
Matthew 6:5-8
6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt NOT be as the hypocrites [ARE]: for they love to pray standing in the churches and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward (they have been seen by men, but God will not answer them).
6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and WHEN THOU HAST SHUT THY DOOR, pray to thy Father in private (Enoch 56:5; Sura 7:55); and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly (by answering you).
6:7 But when ye pray, use NOT vain repetitions, as the heathen [DO]: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
6:8 Be NOT ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, BEFORE ye ask Him.

Acts 7:48-53
7:48 Howbeit the Most High dwelleth NOT in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
7:49 Heaven [is] My throne, and Earth [is] My footstool: what house will ye build Me? saith the Lord: or what [is] the place of My rest?
7:50 Hath not My hand made all these things?
7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Spirit: as your fathers [did], so [do] ye.
7:52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? And they have slain them which showed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:
7:53 Who have received The Law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept [it].

I believe with The Lord he considers the fruit and that determines whether or not his favor or displeasure is toward it. All things are lawful though all things are not expedient.
Where did God Command anyone to worship in synagogues, churches, mosques, temples, etc. at ANY time? Is doing something unlawful considered lawful in your mind?

Is it sin to do good and honor God on Sundays?
Is doing the exact opposite of what God's Anointed One has said really doing good and honoring God? Christ said only heathens and hypocrites go to church, to be seen by others. Why would anyone wish to be a heathen and a hypocrite in God and Christ's Eyes by going to church, etc.?

If people come together in a building and their conduct and procedure honors God then how can we say its "unbiblical" and that God takes no pleasure in it? Where do people usually gather?
It isn't "we" saying it's "unbiblical"; the priests, pastors, rabbis and imams, etc. are repeatedly condemned throughout Scripture, as are there places of business, i.e. all of the churches, synagogues, mosques, temples, etc.

A building.
Acts 17:22-31
17:22 Then Paul stood in the midst of [the court at] Mars' hill, and said, [Ye] men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.
17:23 For as I passed by, and beheld your gods that ye worship, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, Him declare I unto you.
17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that He is Lord of heaven and Earth, dwelleth NOT in temples made with hands;
17:25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though He needed any thing, seeing He giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the Earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after Him, and find Him, though He be not far from every one of us:
17:28 For by Him we live, and move, and have our Being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we (our Beings) are also His offspring.
17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
17:30 And the times of this ignorance God blinked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
17:31 Because He hath appointed a Day, in the which He will judge the world in righteousness by [that] man whom He hath ordained; [whereof] He hath given assurance unto all [men], in that He hath raised him from the dead.

One day a week is better than nothing and it would be an even greater deviation if nobody came together at all during any of the days of the week. Shouldn't we come together and acknowledge and praise God everyday and is not Sunday also another day?
We should be speaking to God, obeying His Law/Commandments and DOING His Will 24/7/365.

The ONLY Temple God ever sanctioned to be built was Solomon's Temple, which He destroyed not once but twice, because it turned into a den of thieves.

ALL of the other churches, synagogues, mosques, etc. were built by men doing Satan's will, NOT God's Will, which is why ALL of the churches, etc. are staffed by those working for Satan (doing the opposite of what God and His Christ have COMMANDED.

Do you believe Christ was lying when He said that only heathens and hypocrites go to church?

We are called to fellowship and God even gave us teachers, pastors, prophets, and etc for the building up of the body which would suggest we are supposed to be under some type of sphere of structure that involves meeting with other individuals.
Matthew 23:8-10
23:8 But be not ye called priest (etc.): for One is your Teacher, [even] Christ; and all ye are brethren.
23:9 And call no [man] your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
23:10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, [even] Christ.

1 Timothy 2:5 For [there is] ONE God, and ONE MEDIATOR between God and men, the Man Jesus Christ;

John 10:7-15
10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
10:8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have Life, and that they might have [it] more abundantly.
10:11 I am the Good Shepherd: the Good Shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
10:12 But he that is an hireling, and not the Shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
10:13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
10:14 I am the Good Shepherd, and know my [sheep], and am known by mine.
10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

I will agree that the context and nature of what usually takes place in these proceedings deserves all the reproof it gets, but to speak against people meeting together in a building one day a week is not right. It's not an unbiblical thing for people to do if what's done in and with that time pleases and glorifies God. It's another day to acknowledge God.
As above please. Doing the opposite of what God and His Christ teach is ALWAYS wrong, regardless of what people may believe to the contrary.

Deuteronomy 12:8 Ye shall not do after all [the things] that we do here this day, every man whatsoever [is] right in his own eyes.