why Christians reject Roman Catholic church

JoChris

Superstar
What type of Christianity: gnostic or biblical?
I asked above question and here was your only response

Your question is irrelevant.
Evading the question that reveals your true position...
The wrath of a demiurge or YHWH maybe. Good thing Christ transcends their pettiness.
Thank you for answering my question in another reply.
A Christian loves the Triune God- God the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

It is normal for a non-Christian to support a non-biblical world-view.

JoChris

Superstar
first of all, the Catholic Church teaches what the apostles taught through the scriptures and tradition.

don’t forget, the Bible was put together by Catholics so you are literally reading a Catholic book when you read the Bible.

also Purgatory is in the Bible:https://www.catholic.com/magazine/online-edition/is-purgatory-in-the-bible

what else?
There is no evidence IN THE BIBLE that the apostles taught what later church doctrines and traditions introduced later.

Doctrines that the RCC claim supports their doctrine of Purgatory is not in the 66 books of the Bible. Just because the RCC says the apocrypha is part of the Bible does not make it so.

The RCC of today is another religion compared to the church at the Council of Nicea in 4th century.

1670014980260.png

Last edited:
It was actually Christ who the Israelites had tempted in the wilderness and were destroyed as a result.

1 Corinthians 10:1-16
King James Version

10 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.
9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.
10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
11 Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.
15 I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.
16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?
Luke 11

10 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

11 “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion?
13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

Is Jesus saying He is worse than men who are evil?

There is no evidence IN THE BIBLE that the apostles taught what later church doctrines and traditions introduced later.

Doctrines that the RCC claim supports their doctrine of Purgatory is not in the 66 books of the Bible. Just because the RCC says the apocrypha is part of the Bible does not make it so.

The RCC of today is another religion compared to the church at the Council of Nicea in 4th century.

View attachment 82904
Interesting that Protestants chose to go with 66 books, out of all numbers.

Regardless, are you claiming that the Protestant denominations are closer to 4th century Christianity?

No and no. The “Nazi pope” was not a friend of the nazis. It’s a myth from John Cornwell’s book. Pius XII did a lot to save Jews from nazi persecution, so much so that the chief rabbi of Rome Israel Zolli converted to Catholicism and changed his name to that of the “Nazi pope”: Eugene Maria.

And Hitler might have been born Catholic, his nazi ideology hated it.

But Vatican made a tidy profit and has a lot of gold stashed away that was acquired by suspicious means. Even Goering himself would admire their talents in that regard. Also Vatican has become Woke and is endorsing LGQBS and lesbian becoming priests and same sex marriage. They have also exploited third world countries.

Lyfe

Star
Luke 11

10 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

11 “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion?
13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

Is Jesus saying He is worse than men who are evil?
...somebody cannot claim to be led by the holy spirit if they teach and affirm things contrary to what the scripture say he he will bear witness to. This is why we are told to test the spirits to see whether or not they come from God. There is allot of deception out there. If someone is truly led by and under the inspiration of the holy spirit(he is a person ) they will also acknowledge and inherintly know(by revelation of the holy spirit) that the identity of The Father is the same God that was God of the Israelites. The same God that hates idolatry.

1 Peter 1:10-12
English Standard Version
10 Concerning this salvation, the prophets who prophesied about the grace that was to be yours searched and inquired carefully, 11 inquiring what person or time the Spirit of Christ in them was indicating when he predicted the sufferings of Christ and the subsequent glories. 12 It was revealed to them that they were serving not themselves but you, in the things that have now been announced to you through those who preached the good news to you (H)by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven, things into which angels long to look.

...somebody cannot claim to be led by the holy spirit if they teach and affirm things contrary to what the scripture say he he will bear witness to. This is why we are told to test the spirits to see whether or not they come from God. There is allot of deception out there. If someone is truly led by and under the inspiration of the holy spirit(he is a person ) they will also acknowledge and inherintly know(by revelation of the holy spirit) that the identity of The Father is the same God that was God of the Israelites. The same God that hates idolatry.

1 Peter 1:10-12
English Standard Version
10 Concerning this salvation, the prophets who prophesied about the grace that was to be yours searched and inquired carefully, 11 inquiring what person or time the Spirit of Christ in them was indicating when he predicted the sufferings of Christ and the subsequent glories. 12 It was revealed to them that they were serving not themselves but you, in the things that have now been announced to you through those who preached the good news to you (H)by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven, things into which angels long to look.
You didn’t address my point.

What makes no sense to me about Protestants calling Catholics not Christian is this:
Protestants believe that believing in Christ is the entire work of salvation, which every catholic fulfills. They say that murderers who accept christ are saved, but because Catholics build beautiful cathedrals they screech its not Christian. They have no foundation in their belief system to do that.

There is no evidence IN THE BIBLE
The catholic church made the Bible. Theres also no where in the Bible that says the Christian doctrine is scripture alone, that doesn't stop Protestants from repeating that phrase ad nauseum.
The phrase faith alone is in the Bible however, when James says "not by faith alone"

Lyfe

Star
You didn’t address my point.
Well to be fair you didn't really address what I had initially pointed out in regards to the Israelites tempting Christ in the wilderness and how they were destroyed because of it.

If someone has been given the holy spirit they have the testimony within themselves, because the spirit is truth and leads to truth. If someone doesn't have this testimony (referenced in scripture) then they will have to reevaluate whether or not The Holy Spirit has been given to them. Jesus said that he(the holy spirit) will lead a person into all truth. Christians believe the God they follow(The Father) is the very same God that is found in the OT. Why don't you?

Jesus answered. "If you knew Me, you would know My Father as well." (John 8:19)

Hitler and the nazis supported the German Christian Movement, which was a group of Protestants seeking to align Christianity to Nazi ideology and unite Christians under one Nazi-friendly Protestant Church.

Well to be fair you didn't really address what I had initially pointed out in regards to the Israelites tempting Christ in the wilderness and how they were destroyed because of it.

If someone has been given the holy spirit they have the testimony within themselves, because the spirit is truth and leads to truth. If someone doesn't have this testimony (referenced in scripture) then they will have to reevaluate whether or not The Holy Spirit has been given to them. Jesus said that he(the holy spirit) will lead a person into all truth. Christians believe the God they follow(The Father) is the very same God that is found in the OT. Why don't you?

Jesus answered. "If you knew Me, you would know My Father as well." (John 8:19)
You said the Israelites in the desert tempted Christ. Therefore it was Christ who sent the fiery serpents when the Israelites complained about the light bread.

The verses from Luke directly addressed that point:

Luke 11:11 “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead?

It is pretty straightforward. How else would you interpret this?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The wrath of a demiurge or YHWH maybe. Good thing Christ transcends their pettiness.
I would venture to suggest that if you filter your understanding of God through the demonic writings of the Nag Hammadi Library, there will be only a mangled picture remaining.

Sophia and the Archons may sound like a great indie band, but it makes for poor theology.

Lyfe

Star
You said the Israelites in the desert tempted Christ. Therefore it was Christ who sent the fiery serpents when the Israelites complained about the light bread.

The verses from Luke directly addressed that point:

Luke 11:11 “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead?

It is pretty straightforward. How else would you interpret this?
I would interpret both passages of scripture to mean exactly what they say. Do you believe the scripture you referenced suggest that the Israelites weren't destroyed for tempting Christ? Jesus was that Rock that Moses was commanded to strike. I believe the connections I am making are fair and accurate.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@SnowFall - it appears obvious what is happening here. As people challenge the Catholic construction of Mary, everything about you seems to want to rise up and defend her.

Aesop wrote about it…

Do your own research and maybe you will discover how Mary’s identity has grown and been embellished through the pronouncements of Pope after Pope. Or hang on to your existing “safe space” if you wish. You have free will, and will live with the fruit of your choices.

A Freeman

Superstar
The condemnation of the Roman Catholic church and the papacy in Scripture:-

2 Thessalonians 2:3-12
2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of The Destroyer (Lucifer - Satan);
2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in The Temple of God, showing himself that he is God (the Holy Father).
2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
2:7 For the mystery (Rev. 17:5) of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth [will let], until he be taken out of the way.
2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the [Sword of the] Spirit from his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness [of the enlightening] of his coming:
2:9 [Even the Wicked], whose coming is the work of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of The Truth, that they might be saved.
2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not The Truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Revelation 17:1-9
17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come here; I will show unto thee the Judgment of the great "Whore" that sitteth upon many "waters":
17:2 With whom the kings of the Earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the Earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
17:4 And the woman was arrayed in PURPLE (bishops) and SCARLET (cardinals) colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
17:5 And upon her forehead [was] a name written, MYSTERY (2 Thess. 2:7), BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS (her daughters) AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
17:6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of her saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
17:7 And the angel said unto me, Why didst thou marvel? (Stop it!) I will tell thee the MYSTERY of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.
17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the Bottomless Pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the Earth shall wonder, whose names were NOT written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
17:9 And here [is] the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth (Rome).

Revelation 2:20-23
2:20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel (ch. 17), which calleth herself a prophetess*, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.
2:21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.
2:22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
2:23 And I will kill her children with death; and ALL the churches (communities) shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your WORKS.

*the word “vatic” is Latin and means prophetess

Hitler wasn't a catholic, or a Christian. He built more churches than anyone in the last 100 years because his people were Christian but his religion was some form of esoteric wagner neitzscheism
He was a nihilist and that is why he never lost a war. Also scorched earth philosophy.