Why aren't all women feminists?

morita

Veteran
For the same reason that white women are the most hostile group towards metoo. They benefit from the system and don't want to give up their privilege. As long as people are comfortable they don't want to think too hard about anything.
Screenshot_2020-10-16 Feminist Witch on Twitter(1).png
White feminism is basically just another tentacle of white supremacy. It's a fucking joke.

morita

Veteran
THE FEMINIST WAR AGAINST MOTHERHOOD
I have been collecting some of their more juicy and jaundiced quotes for quite some time now. Let me present just some of them for your enjoyment and edification:

Nice of them to spill the beans. It sure ain’t pretty.

https://billmuehlenberg.com/2017/03/29/feminist-war-motherhood/
I think what Simone de Beauvoir addresses in her quotes is that women can very often be complicit in their own oppression.
There is a reason you rarely see married women with kids rallying against men. They have the least incentive to overthrow patriarchy. In fact, they'll be first in line to defend men like rabid attack dogs.
Or even white women who benefit from their proximity to white men, you'll rarely see them take any stand against male oppression, but they'll throw other races of women under the bus anytime. Because that's what the real goal of white feminism has always been: having a seat at the table with white men and be just as oppressive and exploitative.

And yes, marriage is slavery. Or at least it was at some point. When women didn't have the right to chose their husband and had no other choice to survive than be married to men who were old enough to be their grandads, in exchange for financial security. Because they couldn't join the workforce. I can't believe people are still being willfully oblivious about this.
The radical feminists are the ones really doing anything significant. The "hairy angry lesbians" who hate men won't get married to men or have their kids are the ones who really have consciousness of women as a class.
I don't know what men are complaning about, yall have your attack dog on this very forum. According to this dumbass (theyll recognize themselves), refusing to date ugly or broke men is "oppression against men" lol. Dumbest thing I've ever read on this forum.

morita

Veteran
1603435161774.png
Actually, I don't think the future generations of women will be more willing to stand up as a class. Simone de Beauvoir wrote her introduction of the Second sex in 1949 and everything she says still rings true to this day. I wish it was less relevant, bcause it would mean there had been improvement but it's not the case.

Cintra

Star
View attachment 44375
Actually, I don't think the future generations of women will be more willing to stand up as a class. Simone de Beauvoir wrote her introduction of the Second sex in 1949 and everything she says still rings true to this day. I wish it was less relevant, bcause it would mean there had been improvement but it's not the case.
Women who hate women.
Women who try to shame other women because of their appearance.
Women who think that male attention is the be all and end all of a womans worth.

Screenshot_20201009-171114.png

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Women who hate women.
Women who try to shame other women because of their appearance.
Women who think that male attention is the be all and end all of a womans worth.

View attachment 44380
Corrie Ten Boom was a Christian lady responsible along with her family for saving 800 Jews from the death camps. She died single, commenting that she was cut from “too rough a cloth” for the young men to notice her, but she was a truly beautiful and valuable human being!!!

Cintra

Star
Corrie Ten Boom was a Christian lady responsible along with her family for saving 800 Jews from the death camps. She died single, commenting that she was cut from “too rough a cloth” for the young men to notice her, but she was a truly beautiful and valuable human being!!!

I read The Hiding Place.
She was an inspirational woman.

I am sure she could have found a partner if she had wanted.
The truth is, apart from the very young and the very shallow, it is as much the person you love as their looks, which are fleeting.

Decades ago (when we were young and beautiful) my partner and I promised to still love each other when we were old and ugly.

Mostly we still do.

Maes17

Superstar

I can only speak for myself. But I admire a strong willed woman.

Both sexes navigate plights in the social world. I think those who can break down those barriers and support each other. Compliment each other man/woman - yin/yang - peanut butter/jelly or whatever analogy suits your mind.

Too much division as is.

Pepsi

Veteran
Do I believe in the equality of genders and the upliftment of women? If that's feminism then yes I'm a feminist.
Do I hate men and think that they should die and that the world would be better off without men while I forsake my own femininity? If that's feminism then no I'm not a feminist.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Do I believe in the equality of genders and the upliftment of women? If that's feminism then yes I'm a feminist.
Do I hate men and think that they should die and that the world would be better off without men while I forsake my own femininity? If that's feminism then no I'm not a feminist.
If your first definition of feminism is correct then I’m a feminist too @Pepsi

I want to be a house wife and have loads of children and look my family thats all I've ever wanted. I couldn't be a feminist in the fact that they somewhat ruined things for woman they want to break up the family unit. Third wave feminists just hate men
Feminism is about choice, if you wan to be a wife and mother awesome, go for it. But not all women want that, many like myself would find being a housewife and mother the worst thing in the world, it's not even on the bottom of my list of things I want. But read feminism supports both types of us.

Be fore feminism women like myself were forced into the role you want, or we were ostrisized. There is nothing wrong with being s housewife and mother but it's not the be all and end all for women and feminism is about that, it's about giving women a choice in what their future is.

But what is femininity? Am I not a real woman because I hate pink, dresses, I never wear make up, hate cooking and baking, I'm not maternal, don't have or ever want children, I like cars, dinosaurs, and I'm always wearing pants/trousers. Baggy t shirts and hate with a passion clothes that feature glitter, hearts, birds and butterflies, and my pet hate is glitter. I don't want to be a wife and mother I want a career and to travel, that's it.

But I'm born female, I have the parts that make me female but am I less of a woman because I don't subscribe to traditional femininity?

Maes17

Superstar
But what is femininity? Am I not a real woman because I hate pink, dresses, I never wear make up, hate cooking and baking, I'm not maternal, don't have or ever want children, I like cars, dinosaurs, and I'm always wearing pants/trousers. Baggy t shirts and hate with a passion clothes that feature glitter, hearts, birds and butterflies, and my pet hate is glitter. I don't want to be a wife and mother I want a career and to travel, that's it.

But I'm born female, I have the parts that make me female but am I less of a woman because I don't subscribe to traditional femininity?
And so what

Just because you don’t fit society’s standards doesn’t make you less of a women.
Do what makes you happy and gives you purpose.

And so what

Just because you don’t fit society’s standards doesn’t make you less of a women.
Do what makes you happy and gives you purpose.
i agree and this is what im saying, what is femininity? some say its a certain bunch of characteristics that make women women, but im a woman, and i dont fit those criteria, i like who i am but at the same time i dont care if you do subscribe to hyper feminine tropes, i have one friend and shes a complete barbie doll, pink house, pink car.
I just wonder when people say i want to be feminine or feminism ruins femininity, what they mean?

I think because we live in a consumer society and people base their identity on products they use and their interests, it’s true that femininity isn’t found in any of those. Regardless I think there is an abstract essence of both femininity and masculinity, I think most people find It in moments without effort. Yes femininity isn’t defined as make up or glitter. Yet masculine and feminine qualities can be found everywhere, sun and moon, river and sea. Abstract truths are defined in poetry, I remembered as I was writing this that Victor Hugo did this perfectly. Have a read.

Man and woman

Man is the most elevated of creatures,
Woman the most sublime of ideals.
God made for man a throne; for woman an altar.
The throne exalts, the altar sanctifies.
Man is the brain,
Woman, the heart.
The brain creates light, the heart, love.
Light engenders, love resurrects.
Because of reason, Man is strong,
Because of tears, Woman is invincible.
Reason is convincing, tears, moving.
Man is capable of all heroism,
Woman of all martyrdom.
Heroism ennobles, martyrdom sublimates.
Man has supremacy,
Woman, preference.
Supremacy is strength, preference is the right.
Man is a genius,
Woman, an angel.
Genius is immeasurable, the angel indefinable. The aspiration of man is supreme glory. The aspiration of woman is extreme virtue.
Glory creates all that is great; virtue, all that is divine.
Man is a code,
Woman a gospel.
A code corrects; the gospel perfects.
Man thinks,
Woman dreams.
To think is to have a worm in the brain, to dream is to have a halo on the brow.
Man is an ocean,
Woman a lake.
The ocean has the adorning pearl, the lake, dazzling poetry.
Man is the flying eagle,
Woman, the singing nightingale.<
To fly is to conquer space. To sing is to conquer the soul.
Man is a temple,
Woman a shrine.
Before the temple we discover ourselves, before the shrine we kneel.
In short, man is found where earth finishes,
Woman where heaven begins.

Last edited:

Cintra

Star
i agree and this is what im saying, what is femininity? some say its a certain bunch of characteristics that make women women, but im a woman, and i dont fit those criteria, i like who i am but at the same time i dont care if you do subscribe to hyper feminine tropes, i have one friend and shes a complete barbie doll, pink house, pink car.
I just wonder when people say i want to be feminine or feminism ruins femininity, what they mean?
I never knew either.
I just am feminine because I am female.
I never felt it was something I had to try for.