Why aren't all women feminists?

ishigo

Established
What are your reasons as a woman? I'm genuinely curious.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
Maybe women are feminists but not to the extent the left goes to..

I can be content in my femininity and not feel threatened by a man’s masculinity.
I can remain a woman and not feel the need to prove that I’m equal to or better than a man in his own world..competing with him and trying to surpass him as a way to show I am equal.
I can understand and be content that we are all humans with different roles in life to the extent that I can be happy with my role and encourage him in his role in life.

Last edited:

sickgirl15

Established
What are your reason? I'm genuinely curious.
[/QUO a great question to ask women
That is an excellent question. I’m glad you asked.
Here is why: Throughout the beginning of time, my sisters and I have been oppressed by patriarchal societies. I have absolutely NO idea why men ever started dominating our lives, telling us what we can and cannot do with OUR lives, women used to be “property” when married (marriage used to be an arrangement between two men..) Sadly, arranged marriages STILL exist in many countries, just like the old days. I wish that men could see the benefits in treating us as their equals. Together, more positive things could get done at work, women would not suffer from so many emotional/psychological problems that ultimately hold us back from participating in life due to trauma from totally unnecessary r*pe, domestic violence, verbal abuse, and being treated as “less than” regularly by the unfortunately sexist and ignorant men closest to us in our daily lives, which tragically include our fathers, brothers, boyfriends, husbands, bosses, “friends,” uncles, grandfathers, sons, etc. In the USA, us women still do not make as much money as men for performing the same job. Pitifully, black and Latina women make even less!! In the year 2020 this bull crap still exists?! ALL women of ALL ages should absolutely be feminists! Unfortunately, many, many women are not raised from little girls to be strong women. Think about it, already in high school, we are labeled “sluts and whores” if we “dare” enjoy sex or accidentally get pregnant. Men are “studs” if they are able to have sex with many different women. We are sluts if we are promiscuous (it’s “ok” if guys choose to be promiscuous...see the double standard)?! We are raised with mixed, unequal, confusing messages. We’re called “bitches” if we dare to raise our voices and speak out to voice an unpopular opinion, for example. Female bosses are “bitchy” on a job site if they are too aggressive/assertive. For men, this type of behavior is expected and rewarded. We do not get the luxury of being treated as 100% equals to men. A lot of women are raised drenched in self-hatred. That evil brainwashing stats with the woman her entire life if she is weak minded and buys in to the lies the patriarchy drowns her in. In (still)!!!! backward, old school patriarchal countries like Saudi Arabia, China, Africa, Asia, Iran, Iraq, an existence as a woman is a living nightmare. Female children are murdered because they are seen as useless in China. In India, Bangladesh when a woman has a son, he’s celebrated. A girl baby? Not so much. See, sexist and misogynist men do not realize that they are hell bent on oppressing is women to be housewives (unpaid slaves), their personal whores, we used to only be able to take on lame support jobs such as a secretary (oh, and personal whore/slave to our boss too. I bet they never increased our pay either haha!) We are not taken seriously as sports participants (that is changing slowly), and we are told we are weak, inferior, too emotional, sensitive, not as strong mentally & physically as men, we are the weaker sex, etc. Instead of it being the norm to raise us women as strong, capable beings, the opposite is happening. Girls who are raised being told positive and empowering messages end up being strong women. That’s not really the norm in a patriarchal culture. If we were raised learning self defense, always being reminded we are intelligent, strong, and can do anything we put our minds to, the world would be a different place. Us women had to fight for the right to vote. Black men, who were slaves and were considered “animals” were given the right to vote before white women. Caucasian men respected them more than their own birth mothers, wives, etc. That’s deeply hateful if you ask me. Some women are “afraid” to admit they are a “feminist” because of the bull crap stigma that’s attached to it. The women will be ridiculously labeled “man haters” to silence and intimidate them, and make the mentally weaker ladies not be strong in their choice to be a feminist. Many woman harbor a lot of self hatred, I find. Like the crazies who voted for/choose to support an open misogynistic man such as our current nightmare of a president, Donald Trump. He admitted he grabs women’s vaginas, which is essentially sexual assault. I read that any woman who dares to turn down his advances is automatically called “fat,” “ pig,” etc. He cannot stand rejection; his ego is enormous. Bottom line: is women are not raised to be strong, confident, trustworthy, tough (oh boy, that’s so “unfeminine)! I think so many women are beaten down by oppression all over the world, and are brainwashed to feel “weak” that they just submit without rebelling, questioning, or fighting the patriarchy. If it wasn’t for the brave, revolutionary women of the 60’s that started the feminist movement, us women wouldn’t have the freedoms we have today. For another woman not to acknowledge that fact is simply pure ignorance... and really sad!!

Carrieh76

Rookie
I don’t see the need to value myself as a woman over god or my family. I also feel like my gender is just a piece of who I am on the inside. I also don’t think me being a woman makes me more or less than a man. I also don’t think being a female in society that I’m oppressed in any way so why would I be?

cjkkw

Established
That is an excellent question. I’m glad you asked.

Here is why: Throughout the beginning of time, my sisters and I have been oppressed by patriarchal societies. I have absolutely NO idea why men ever started dominating our lives, telling us what we can and cannot do with OUR lives, women used to be “property” when married (marriage used to be an arrangement between two men..) Sadly, arranged marriages STILL exist in many countries, just like the old days. I wish that men could see the benefits in treating us as their equals. Together, more positive things could get done at work, women would not suffer from so many emotional/psychological problems that ultimately hold us back from participating in life due to trauma from totally unnecessary r*pe, domestic violence, verbal abuse, and being treated as “less than” regularly by the unfortunately sexist and ignorant men closest to us in our daily lives, which tragically include our fathers, brothers, boyfriends, husbands, bosses, “friends,” uncles, grandfathers, sons, etc. In the USA, us women still do not make as much money as men for performing the same job. Pitifully, black and Latina women make even less!! In the year 2020 this bull crap still exists?! ALL women of ALL ages should absolutely be feminists! Unfortunately, many, many women are not raised from little girls to be strong women. Think about it, already in high school, we are labeled “sluts and whores” if we “dare” enjoy sex or accidentally get pregnant. Men are “studs” if they are able to have sex with many different women. We are sluts if we are promiscuous (it’s “ok” if guys choose to be promiscuous...see the double standard)?! We are raised with mixed, unequal, confusing messages. We’re called “bitches” if we dare to raise our voices and speak out to voice an unpopular opinion, for example. Female bosses are “bitchy” on a job site if they are too aggressive/assertive. For men, this type of behavior is expected and rewarded. We do not get the luxury of being treated as 100% equals to men. A lot of women are raised drenched in self-hatred. That evil brainwashing stats with the woman her entire life if she is weak minded and buys in to the lies the patriarchy drowns her in. In (still)!!!! backward, old school patriarchal countries like Saudi Arabia, China, Africa, Asia, Iran, Iraq, an existence as a woman is a living nightmare. Female children are murdered because they are seen as useless in China. In India, Bangladesh when a woman has a son, he’s celebrated. A girl baby? Not so much. See, sexist and misogynist men do not realize that they are hell bent on oppressing is women to be housewives (unpaid slaves), their personal whores, we used to only be able to take on lame support jobs such as a secretary (oh, and personal whore/slave to our boss too. I bet they never increased our pay either haha!) We are not taken seriously as sports participants (that is changing slowly), and we are told we are weak, inferior, too emotional, sensitive, not as strong mentally & physically as men, we are the weaker sex, etc. Instead of it being the norm to raise us women as strong, capable beings, the opposite is happening. Girls who are raised being told positive and empowering messages end up being strong women. That’s not really the norm in a patriarchal culture. If we were raised learning self defense, always being reminded we are intelligent, strong, and can do anything we put our minds to, the world would be a different place. Us women had to fight for the right to vote. Black men, who were slaves and were considered “animals” were given the right to vote before white women. Caucasian men respected them more than their own birth mothers, wives, etc. That’s deeply hateful if you ask me. Some women are “afraid” to admit they are a “feminist” because of the bull crap stigma that’s attached to it. The women will be ridiculously labeled “man haters” to silence and intimidate them, and make the mentally weaker ladies not be strong in their choice to be a feminist. Many woman harbor a lot of self hatred, I find. Like the crazies who voted for/choose to support an open misogynistic man such as our current nightmare of a president, Donald Trump. He admitted he grabs women’s vaginas, which is essentially sexual assault. I read that any woman who dares to turn down his advances is automatically called “fat,” “ pig,” etc. He cannot stand rejection; his ego is enormous. Bottom line: is women are not raised to be strong, confident, trustworthy, tough (oh boy, that’s so “unfeminine)! I think so many women are beaten down by oppression all over the world, and are brainwashed to feel “weak” that they just submit without rebelling, questioning, or fighting the patriarchy. If it wasn’t for the brave, revolutionary women of the 60’s that started the feminist movement, us women wouldn’t have the freedoms we have today. For another woman not to acknowledge that fact is simply pure ignorance... and really sad!!
because then we would have a bunch of kanyes running around here

ishigo

Established
I don’t see the need to value myself as a woman over god or my family. I also feel like my gender is just a piece of who I am on the inside. I also don’t think me being a woman makes me more or less than a man. I also don’t think being a female in society that I’m oppressed in any way so why would I be?
Aren't you the same person who made a thread saying she was getting beaten up by her husband? Do you think it amounts to being treated as an equal?

And don't you ever look at the statistics of domestic violence and think that it's part of a larger issue.

Wigi

Veteran
Because tradwife movement gains momentum. I've seen memes explaining how tradwives are better in every way than feminists.

I don't disagree with their arguments in all honesty.

sickgirl15

Established
Well, I’m glad you feel that way about yourself, sounds like you have great self esteem. Unfortunately, not everyone in the world thinks of us women as highly and as positively as we view ourselves. In Saudi Arabia, for example, women are definitely not treated as equals to men. Same thing goes in Turkey, Asia, Iran, Iraq, Africa, etc. We are lucky to be born in a Western country (Sorry if I am wrong about assuming you were born in the USA/Europe, etc..) Unfortunately, many men (and women) do not agree with us. Your in denial of the reality of the all too common sexist mentality of loads of ignorant people. You should be aware of the possibility of yourself being mistreated, oppressed, hurt, disrespected because of your gender. Sexism, just like the reality of racism, is very REAL. We still do not make as much money as men for doing the same job in the USA. Black and Latina women earn less. Facts. Don’t fool yourself. Ignorance is bliss. The president of the USA is sexist . He was taped on the sly okaying sexual assault (pussy grabbing). That’s misogyny. He was voted into office. That means he has lots and lots of people (self hating women and sexist men) who agree with him and support him. Acknowledging sexism exists is angering, and its easier to deal with for a woman, but it’s just avoiding the truth! Educate yourself, but don’t let the negativity hold you back.

Lisa

Superstar
Well, I’m glad you feel that way about yourself, sounds like you have great self esteem. Unfortunately, not everyone in the world thinks of us women as highly and as positively as we view ourselves. In Saudi Arabia, for example, women are definitely not treated as equals to men. Same thing goes in Turkey, Asia, Iran, Iraq, Africa, etc. We are lucky to be born in a Western country (Sorry if I am wrong about assuming you were born in the USA/Europe, etc..) Unfortunately, many men (and women) do not agree with us. Your in denial of the reality of the all too common sexist mentality of loads of ignorant people. You should be aware of the possibility of yourself being mistreated, oppressed, hurt, disrespected because of your gender. Sexism, just like the reality of racism, is very REAL. We still do not make as much money as men for doing the same job in the USA. Black and Latina women earn less. Facts. Don’t fool yourself. Ignorance is bliss. The president of the USA is sexist . He was taped on the sly okaying sexual assault (pussy grabbing). That’s misogyny. He was voted into office. That means he has lots and lots of people (self hating women and sexist men) who agree with him and support him. Acknowledging sexism exists is angering, and its easier to deal with for a woman, but it’s just avoiding the truth! Educate yourself, but don’t let the negativity hold you back.
I wonder what it means if you vote this guy in?

1597470318449.jpeg

1597470346397.jpeg

Anyway..why bring up those other countries if she lives in the US? Were you attempting to guilt her for feeling good about herself? Do you know why women in those countries are treated that way?

Tikawanda

Established
Because unfortunately many women are oppressed by certain ideologies. They've learned to accept the idea that they're supposed to be submissive to men, because it's something that they grew up accustomed to. I generally pity people who are oppressed and refuse to stand up for themselves, but there's nothing inherently wrong with being a housewife I suppose. I don't know why anyone would be opposed to the idea of equality, though.

sickgirl15

Established
By the way, gender is the first thing you are judged on by strangers and other people. It’s no doubt also a part of who you are on the outside- how others judge you. Unfortunately, there are many sexists jerks who automatically see a woman (usually predators) and automatically think: weak, possible prey, maybe I can take advantage of her, I could easily physically overpower her, she’s inferior, etc. Truly weak and pathetic men are like this. Were you aware there was several “Women’s Marches” happening all over not too long ago? We are still not being treated the way we deserve. Femicide does exist. I’m not telling you to be paranoid, but lots of unequal incidents happen to women just because we are not as strong physically as men. (Some women are)! :)

morita

Veteran
For the same reason that white women (over the age of 60) are the most hostile group towards metoo. They benefit from the system and don't want to give up their privilege. As long as people are comfortable they don't want to think too hard about anything.

Tidal

Star
Most men haven't a clue how to cook, and as a single man my attempts fall flat every time.
In fact I had to start this thread in a Survival forum under my screenname 'Gamer' to help me try get to grips with the mysteries of cooking but I'm still hopeless-

Carrieh76

Rookie
Aren't you the same person who made a thread saying she was getting beaten up by her husband? Do you think it amounts to being treated as an equal?

And don't you ever look at the statistics of domestic violence and think that it's part of a larger issue.
. I appreciate yr sensitivity but I’ve felt very empowered and awesome since I left him. I put a restraining order against him and filed for divorce and guess what EVERYONE was on my side. He didn’t get a word in because of what he did to me. I am on my own taking care of my children and doing great thanks for the concern tho.

Maes17

Superstar
Depends how you define feminism.
No man or woman should have to go through life facing double standards, accusations, unfair balances because you’re a man/woman.

We have too many idiots in both sexes to realize a man and woman compliment each other. It’s not meant to be a competition unless it’s to pursue/encourage you to grow.

Mgtow and hardcore fem can fuck off

ishigo

Established
I appreciate yr sensitivity but I’ve felt very empowered and awesome since I left him. I put a restraining order against him and filed for divorce and guess what EVERYONE was on my side. He didn’t get a word in because of what he did to me. I am on my own taking care of my children and doing great thanks for the concern tho.
what I was pointing out is the correlation between the preponderance of domestic violence and the bigger picture -which is the oppression of women.

peridot

Established
There are somethings about "feminism" that are good, as in the ideals of "don't treat women like leftover trash, but like YOU'D like to be treated."
But there is another part of "feminism" that defines itself as independent of ALL authority, no matter what the price that is extremely bad.