Why aren't all women feminists?

morita

Veteran
I suppose I'll buy most of that argument.

I would only counter and say the miserable single people don't have the social capital the married ones do. So sure, some of them are equally as miserable and full of malice, but most don't have the status to do much with it. Let me put it like this, a single dude could shit on your front doorstep just the same as anyone else. But the married dude with social capital is going to try to get everyone he knows to shit on your front doorstep. What's worse? The answer seems pretty obvious to me.

I think it's unfortunate that's what your takeaway of this discussion is. But that's probably my fault for not putting the best words down. I'm not trying to turn anyone into memes, I don't do that shit. When someone shits on your doorstep, there is someone to blame, though. It doesn't make me feel better blaming them, they are just guilty.
You didnt say all married women. I didn't either. I don't even know what this poster is complaining about.
I was talking about a particular type of women who make their roles as mother and as wife their entire identity. That article is a perfect exemple of it: "let me rip off all the social benefits that comes with dedicating my life to serving the oppressor and having his kids, then lemme complain thereafter that I threw all my opportunities of having a more exciting, more adventurous life away". As always some people need to go "what about meee??" it's not about you. No one cares. There are some things that have nothing to do with you, and there isn't anything wrong with it. Jesus!!

Maybe I should have put a #notallmarriedwomen disclaimer to accomodate people's feelings. LOL

Tidal

Star
Topic title- Why aren't all women feminists?

That's easy, it's because all sensible women don't want to be hardboiled nasty-minded scrags who don't know how to love and be loved by a man..:)
Here's a good defintion of a true woman that every man wants-

Bible, Proverbs 31-
"A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.

She gets up while it is still night;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her female servants.

She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.
When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
She makes coverings for her bed;
she is clothed in fine linen and purple.

She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.
She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all.

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
Honor her for all that her hands have done,

and let her works bring her praise at the city gate."

"Oh Judy Judy Judy"

Cintra

Star
Topic title- Why aren't all women feminists?

That's easy, it's because all sensible women don't want to be hardboiled nasty-minded scrags who don't know how to love and be loved by a man..:)
Are you kind of the male version of morita?
Like some kind of anti-morita.

She thinks all men are rapists and oppressors, you think all women are nasty-minded scrags unless they submit?

Are you both the same bot?

Aero

Superstar
I think all of that would very much depend on what “world” you are trying to inhabit. I’ve never seen a woman denied a promotion, goods or services for not being married and having kids. I’ve seen the opposite actually - oh she’s married with kids so must not take her career as seriously as others and said woman is then passed over. I don’t know what it’s like for men because I’m not one and it hasn’t been a consideration in my own husbands life and my son is too young for all that. But I don’t consider people’s marital status or whether they have children in my own business decisions - I consider whether they have the skills needed, can work independently, and are motivated to succeed. That’s pretty much it. Sometimes having a wife and kids is actually a negative - the wife that complains if they have to work late, the kids they need to leave early for or whatever. But honestly it’s not much of a consideration at all. I’d love to hear some examples of this because it is possible I’m just not seeing it and this is actually a thing.

Do people really use credibility due to being married to harass people with cops? I’ve literally never seen this or heard of it. Same as above.. would love to hear some examples.
Consider yourself lucky to be far removed from the corporate world of gossip. Also the internet is littered with stories from "targeted individuals". Do some google or reddit searches if you want to know more.

justjess

Superstar
Consider yourself lucky to be far removed from the corporate world of gossip. Also the internet is littered with stories from "targeted individuals". Do some google or reddit searches if you want to know more.
There are “targeted individuals” that are blaming their situation on someone’s marital status? Seems like quite a stretch to me. I’ll google at some point.

Aero

Superstar
There are “targeted individuals” that are blaming their situation on someone’s marital status? Seems like quite a stretch to me. I’ll google at some point.
Do you think people are going to target a woman who got a man around?

One of my exes was in a situation like that. She was in a bitter custody battle and basically got railroaded by the lawyer with all the judge friends. She was also outspoken against the government. Anyway, to make a long story short, she always felt like she was being followed and tracked. People would drive by her house in the middle of the night, flashing their high beams in her window. And she had to get a job outside of that city. There's probably a ton more, but we don't keep in touch that much.

The point is not to blame it on marital status, it goes back to what was mentioned about social capital. I haven't researched targeted individuals in a while, but every case I was reading was a single guy or girl. Cops and serial abusing type "managers" pick their targets well. Look at the Armie Hammer and now Marilyn Manson scandals. Do we think those victims had a great support system? More importantly, was feminism really there for them when they needed it the most?

I can no longer tell if I'm straying from the topic between you and Morita. But I will finish by saying that if the strategy is to target the biggest offenders of abuse toward women, I'm game. And the reality is that we need to target the women who enable men to abuse women. Because they are out there, they're not average hard-working folks, they are corrupt, feeding off each other's lies.

Tidal

Star
I've helped at many well-known charity shops here in England, and such places are mostly staffed by little old lady volunteers, the majority of whom are evil-minded nasty little creatures (and some of the younger ones are too).
They seem to have lost all their feminine warmth (if they ever had any in the first place), and seem to exist just to get their kicks nagging men, I could tell you stories..;)

Maes17

Superstar
Do you think people are going to target a woman who got a man around?

One of my exes was in a situation like that. She was in a bitter custody battle and basically got railroaded by the lawyer with all the judge friends. She was also outspoken against the government. Anyway, to make a long story short, she always felt like she was being followed and tracked. People would drive by her house in the middle of the night, flashing their high beams in her window. And she had to get a job outside of that city. There's probably a ton more, but we don't keep in touch that much.

The point is not to blame it on marital status, it goes back to what was mentioned about social capital. I haven't researched targeted individuals in a while, but every case I was reading was a single guy or girl. Cops and serial abusing type "managers" pick their targets well. Look at the Armie Hammer and now Marilyn Manson scandals. Do we think those victims had a great support system? More importantly, was feminism really there for them when they needed it the most?

I can no longer tell if I'm straying from the topic between you and Morita. But I will finish by saying that if the strategy is to target the biggest offenders of abuse toward women, I'm game. And the reality is that we need to target the women who enable men to abuse women. Because they are out there, they're not average hard-working folks, they are corrupt, feeding off each other's lies.
It’s hard to say if it’s targeting. Sure that can play a factor.

However overall I feel humans are just dramatic creatures and feed off that drama for “excitement”.

A lot of the hip hop stations in Albuquerque always play “it’s going down in the dm”’a segment where a spouse suspects their partner is cheating by direct messages with others on social media. The hip hop dj’s add fuel to the fire by getting a kick out of it.

Who enjoys segments like that?

Idk. Humans overall are a stupid bunch. I cannot get on board with dramatics regardless of class, race, gender. There is an adrenalized factor I think and humans crave it

Cintra

Star
Right now, I (a woman) am targeting a guy.

If he thinks he is under observation, he is right.
I am observing. I am recording, I am tracking and tracing.

And before you wonder why, they started it, I am just better at it.

morita

Veteran
the majority of the population isn't obsessing over social capital. It's just the loudest, most influential type of people who do that.
And about social capital and marriage, that madonna vs whore dichotomy is also a good exemple. If a woman has been around she's considered not fit for marriage. The more partners she had the more she looses value according to men.
A chaste wife on the arm is proof that you respect yourself, in the eyes of other men, and no man wants a woman who will embarass him in front of other men (and make him a social pariah)...

morita

Veteran
And the reality is that we need to target the women who enable men to abuse women.
The men who are abusers are stil guilty. But it's true that a lot of women protect and enable abusers. Sometimes they even pimp their own daughters, it can happen inside your (general you) own home.

Aero

Superstar
It’s hard to say if it’s targeting. Sure that can play a factor.

However overall I feel humans are just dramatic creatures and feed off that drama for “excitement”.

A lot of the hip hop stations in Albuquerque always play “it’s going down in the dm”’a segment where a spouse suspects their partner is cheating by direct messages with others on social media. The hip hop dj’s add fuel to the fire by getting a kick out of it.

Who enjoys segments like that?

Idk. Humans overall are a stupid bunch. I cannot get on board with dramatics regardless of class, race, gender. There is an adrenalized factor I think and humans crave it
Are you victim-blaming?

I don't see why dramatics matter, like there's still no excuse to harass people. It's the abusers doing something wrong, it's never the other way around.

I used to watch that show "Cheaters" because it was wild. But yeah, it gets old. And what I'm talking about isn't like an episode of cheaters bro. In my ex's case, she literally had all the facts on her side. That doesn't matter because even the courts are stuck on elementary school logic.

I'm a girl, right and the problem is I don't agree with mass media feminism. The way feminism is becoming now.

Feminism is not men v. women. It's men AND women vs sexism, misogyny and misandry.

The way feminism is being portrayed now and how it's being put out is awful. What I mean is, you have Ariana Grande's song which blasphemes God. And you have that infamous K-12 scene with Melanie Martinez telling a boy off and telling him that "We have the ability express emotions which makes us superior to your kind" I read VC's article on it and I already believed as soon as I read time and time through, again and again. It makes so much sense. I always believe the truth he wrote in that article all the time lmao.

Anyways, back to my point, feminism is beimg exploited to empower woman, making them superior to men, while throughout history women were seen as inferior to men and suffered through oppression (not being allowed to vote, not getting paid as much as men etc etc...) even though men dominate over women, doesn't mean that they are superior to women and that doesn't mean women are superior to men. No gender is inferior nor superior to one another. As it has been said, "men and women are in completion not in competition"

Mass media and mass media feminism puts feminism out as women going after men and creating these gender wars. That's why we have #KAM and #RAW. Not that I agree with them because I don't, but gender wars need to stop. Mass media tryna divide the two genders apart and try to make the two sexes inflict hate towards one another. It's gotta stop.

Tdlr: I disagree with today's feminism and how it's been exploited. We need to normalise gender equality a bit more now.

Cintra

Star
I'm a girl, right and the problem is I don't agree with mass media feminism. The way feminism is becoming now.

Feminism is not men v. women. It's men AND women vs sexism, misogyny and misandry.

The way feminism is being portrayed now and how it's being put out is awful. What I mean is, you have Ariana Grande's song which blasphemes God. And you have that infamous K-12 scene with Melanie Martinez telling a boy off and telling him that "We have the ability express emotions which makes us superior to your kind" I read VC's article on it and I already believed as soon as I read time and time through, again and again. It makes so much sense. I always believe the truth he wrote in that article all the time lmao.

Anyways, back to my point, feminism is beimg exploited to empower woman, making them superior to men, while throughout history women were seen as inferior to men and suffered through oppression (not being allowed to vote, not getting paid as much as men etc etc...) even though men dominate over women, doesn't mean that they are superior to women and that doesn't mean women are superior to men. No gender is inferior nor superior to one another. As it has been said, "men and women are in completion not in competition"

Mass media and mass media feminism puts feminism out as women going after men and creating these gender wars. That's why we have #KAM and #RAW. Not that I agree with them because I don't, but gender wars need to stop. Mass media tryna divide the two genders apart and try to make the two sexes inflict hate towards one another. It's gotta stop.

Tdlr: I disagree with today's feminism and how it's been exploited. We need to normalise gender equality a bit more now.
Excellently put.

I really like this sentence
"Feminism is not men v. women. It's men AND women vs sexism, misogyny and misandry."

That is wonderfully expressed.
Thank you

Tidal

Star
And about social capital and marriage, that madonna vs whore dichotomy is also a good exemple. If a woman has been around she's considered not fit for marriage. The more partners she had the more she looses value according to men.
A chaste wife on the arm is proof that you respect yourself, in the eyes of other men, and no man wants a woman who will embarass him in front of other men (and make him a social pariah)...

When I lived in the red light area of Leicester (England) 20 years ago I often stopped for a chat with prostitutes on my way to the grocers and didn't give a hoot if it raised the eyebrows of "respectable" neighbours who saw me doing it, and I even sometimes invited the girls back to my flat for a cup of tea, (and if anybody's wondering, no, I always kept my pants zipped up)
Once I let one have my bed for the night when she came knocking my door in tears gone midnight after a client had mistreated her.
I slept on the couch and she said in a sweet little girly voice "you can get in bed with me if you like" but I made some excuse not to, boy am I weird.
With hindsight I should have got in with her just to cuddle her til she fell asleep, so i can't help thinking I let her down (sniffle).
Jesus said to the chief priests and elders-

"The tax collectors and prostitutes are entering the kingdom of heaven ahead of you" (Matt 21:31)

Maes17

Superstar
Are you victim-blaming?

I don't see why dramatics matter, like there's still no excuse to harass people. It's the abusers doing something wrong, it's never the other way around.

I used to watch that show "Cheaters" because it was wild. But yeah, it gets old. And what I'm talking about isn't like an episode of cheaters bro. In my ex's case, she literally had all the facts on her side. That doesn't matter because even the courts are stuck on elementary school logic.
Not necessarily victim blaming.

But majority of people seem to be drawn into dramatics which can be one factor. We cannot really chalk this up to why people behave the way they do. There are multiple factors.

I think in your ex’s case. Sounded like those in position to stop it had more amusement at her suffering.

Can you really be shocked by that? The more I interact with people in person, the more I see just how...stupid is mean way to say this. But there is just a lot of flaws in society.

Aero

Superstar
Not necessarily victim blaming.

But majority of people seem to be drawn into dramatics which can be one factor. We cannot really chalk this up to why people behave the way they do. There are multiple factors.

I think in your ex’s case. Sounded like those in position to stop it had more amusement at her suffering.

Can you really be shocked by that? The more I interact with people in person, the more I see just how...stupid is mean way to say this. But there is just a lot of flaws in society.
Yeah, I think your approach is a bit shallow. It's like you are saying most people just need a baby bottle and should let the handlers handle it. And I don't think that's a misrepresentation BTW.

What is misrepresentation is when you write that people are shocked, or suffering. Abusers don't even care about the victim's reaction. Because most victims don't even react that much. Plus sometimes when a victim reacts less, the worse the abuser becomes.

I say abuser because I put the responsibility squarely on the abusers, where it belongs. The type of abuser I'm talking about just gets off on humiliation. They could be humiliating a ghost, and it doesn't matter. None of their victims are doing anything wrong unless you think existing is wrong.

Maes17

Superstar
Yeah, I think your approach is a bit shallow. It's like you are saying most people just need a baby bottle and should let the handlers handle it. And I don't think that's a misrepresentation BTW.

What is misrepresentation is when you write that people are shocked, or suffering. Abusers don't even care about the victim's reaction. Because most victims don't even react that much. Plus sometimes when a victim reacts less, the worse the abuser becomes.

I say abuser because I put the responsibility squarely on the abusers, where it belongs. The type of abuser I'm talking about just gets off on humiliation. They could be humiliating a ghost, and it doesn't matter. None of their victims are doing anything wrong unless you think existing is wrong.
Eh not exactly.

I think if you’re an adult, you should bare enough common sense to understand toxicity. The thing I am shocked by is the people who stay around abuse and toxicity like it’s the only thing they feel. If you seek help, then yeah I’m one to offer encouragement but if a victim repeatedly goes back to abuse. That’s a lost cause. Call it shallow, cold hearted whatever.

But my defense reaction towards toxicity/abuse is I’m going to steer clear of it. That’s me.

But again there are multiple factors involved.
Such as living/income, family etc.