Why Are People So Disconnected From Nature And What Is Natural

Etagloc

Superstar
People are very far from nature and what is natural these days. People are very artificial and unnatural and have lost some of their natural beauty... it's like the Billy Idol... "got no human grace... you're eyes without a face.... such a human waste..."

I wish people would get back with nature and simply get back to being one with nature. We are a part of nature and nature is part of us.

mecca

Superstar
people like their computers
they go to work all week and the time they spend at home is spent online probably
people don't have time or a desire to go outside and appreciate nature

Lurker

Star
people like their computers
they go to work all week and the time they spend at home is spent online probably
people don't have time or a desire to go outside and appreciate nature
I'd say they just don't have the desire. They most likely have hundreds of TV channels and Internet , they have time.

Not a day goes by that I don't work in the yard (weather permitting). While it's technically work, the reward is great.

Etagloc

Superstar
I'm not necessarily talking about hanging out outside. It's part of what I'm talking about but there's also natural and unnatural in terms of how we act. Many of us act in unnatural ways. Or do things like, for example, die our hair purple or get plastic surgery on our faces. Or talk with slang that's sort of forced (cashmeouside girl for example). These are just examples. There's this superficiality and artificiality in the culture these days.

Tatilina

Star
People are very far from nature and what is natural these days. People are very artificial and unnatural and have lost some of their natural beauty... it's like the Billy Idol... "got no human grace... you're eyes without a face.... such a human waste..."

I wish people would get back with nature and simply get back to being one with nature. We are a part of nature and nature is part of us.
I could not agree more with you! Its like people are afraid to be real and to be theselves! I started with to stop wearing make up, perfumes and even jewelry. I no longer use any products like mouse, gel or hairspray in my hair and even gone organic with soaps and facial wash. For bathes I usually only soak in either baking soda or epsom salts. I also use natural herbs and plants in my baths/showers like fresh eucalyptus and hang it above the bathroom sing beside the shower.

My husband and I plan to go to the mountains this summer for a 3 Km hike to a natural spring not too many know about. We will camp there for a few weeks. We do bring some food, but where we are going there are some great raspberry and black berry bushes, he likes to fish for most of suppers. The food we do bring are simple things like potatoes and produce that doesn't go bad as quickly as others. Also, he uses salt to preserve some meat we bring from his previous hunting trips! There is a lovely little waterfall with a shallow creek and stream where we set up camp beside. I would live there is I could.

Lurker

Star
I could not agree more with you! Its like people are afraid to be real and to be theselves! I started with to stop wearing make up, perfumes and even jewelry. I no longer use any products like mouse, gel or hairspray in my hair and even gone organic with soaps and facial wash. For bathes I usually only soak in either baking soda or epsom salts. I also use natural herbs and plants in my baths/showers like fresh eucalyptus and hang it above the bathroom sing beside the shower.

My husband and I plan to go to the mountains this summer for a 3 Km hike to a natural spring not too many know about. We will camp there for a few weeks. We do bring some food, but where we are going there are some great raspberry and black berry bushes, he likes to fish for most of suppers. The food we do bring are simple things like potatoes and produce that doesn't go bad as quickly as others. Also, he uses salt to preserve some meat we bring from his previous hunting trips! There is a lovely little waterfall with a shallow creek and stream where we set up camp beside. I would live there is I could.
Sounds great

Tatilina

Star
I would be your neighbor!
I wouldn't mind the company! This summer my hubsand is going to buy a rototiller and dig up half of the backward and rototill a garden for me so I can start my gardening. I've been only using deck planters to grow stuff like Tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, green beans, sweet peas etc. There are only certain veggies you can grow in those. He was suppose to do it last year and never got around to it. There's no point in planting anything this year with the severe drought we've beeen having.

I would love to have you as a neighbor! The more the merrier.
:)

Lurker

Star

Then you've gotten your husband to do as he said in "grind my gears" thread?