Who Was Jesus?

Todd

Star
Only God is good, right?

Matthew 19:17
"And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments."

Jesus hinting that he is Good.

Matthew 20:15
"Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?"
[/quote]
Jesus is good only because he was fully submited to God and did nothing on his own accord. If Jesus himself were good he could have done things on his own accord. Jesus prayed himself "not my will be done, but yours" If Jesus was God than his will would have been acceptable and would not have had to make that choice.

floss

Star
Jesus is good only because he was fully submited to God and did nothing on his own accord. If Jesus himself were good he could have done things on his own accord. Jesus prayed himself "not my will be done, but yours" If Jesus was God than his will would have been acceptable and would not have had to make that choice.
I don't believe any mere man can go through what Jesus had. How can a man know that he is fully submitted to God or is it even possible? In order to measure that, our trials in life must equal to Jesus and our decisions must be comparable. I believed all man will fail with that kind of trials hence a savior is needed. Which tell me that Jesus isn't just a man.

Angels worship Jesus

Hebrews 1
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
6 And again, when he bringeth in the first begotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

Jesus being a form of God and is equal with God

Philippians 2
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God
, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Jesus is the everlasting Father, Mighty God

Isaiah 9
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Jesus is God manifested in the flesh

1 Timothy 3
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Jesus said his Kingdom is not from this world, how can he be a man?

John 18
36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Haich

Superstar
Yes, I do believe Abraham and Moses will be part of God's Kingdom.

No, I don't believe that the other prophets were righteous like Jesus. The righteousness of Christ is how the new covenant is created. Jesus is without sin. His righteousness is connected with conception by a virgin. Therefore, it is unique from the other prophets and useful for creating the New Covenant.
Ok that's where we differ, God wouldn't send prophets who weren't righteous, we don't believe the slander that's attributed to the other prophets.

It's god's divinity which should be acknowledged through the virgin birth. Jesus was unique and I agree but there's no concrete evidence to support he was God, came in the flesh and 'died for our sins'

Haich

Superstar
don't believe any mere man can go through what Jesus had. How can a man know that he is fully submitted to God or is it even possible? In order to measure that, our trials in life must equal to Jesus and our decisions must be comparable. I believed all man will fail with that kind of trials hence a savior is needed. Which tell me that Jesus isn't just a man.
Adam was a miracle, God created him with his bare hands. He had no parents. It's similar to Jesus , they're both unique in that they had miraculous births. This was God's work to show he can create life without men, he's all knowing and powerful.

He isn't coming back to save us from our sins he's coming back to kill the anti christ and unite people and finally tell us he's not God! He isn't a normal man, he's a man God gave powers. Couldn't David communicate with animals? Moses and his stick parted seas? God blessed these men by giving them these capabilities

Daciple

Star
Where did Jesus say he came to die for our sins?

Also, how do you reconcile the fact that in Ezekiel it talks about repentance and living a righteous life that will save you from sin?

Ezekiel 18:21-23 But if a wicked person turns away from all his sins that he has committed and keeps all my statutes and does what is just and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die. None of the transgressions that he has committed shall be remembered against him; for the righteousness that he has done he shall live. Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked, declares the Lord GOD, and not rather that he should turn from his way and live?
Where does Jesus say He came to die for our sins?

Matt 26:27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mark 10:45 For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many

He also said He was going to die and 3 days later Resurrect.

Mark 10:33 Saying, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be delivered unto the chief priests, and unto the scribes; and they shall condemn him to death, and shall deliver him to the Gentiles:
34 And they shall mock him, and shall scourge him, and shall spit upon him, and shall kill him: and the third day he shall rise again

As for Ezekiel, do you believe that YOU can turn away from ALL of your Sins? Every single one of them and NEVER do them EVER again? Do you believe you can keep ALL of the Statutes of God? I bet you cant go a day let alone a week, month, year, decade, without Sinning. I bet you cant keep all of the Statues of God for one day let alone the rest of your life, the point of the Law is to expose the fact that you can not keep it, no matter how desperately you would like to, there needs to be some type of divine intervention to make up for that which you can not keep.

I mean did you even bother to read the rest of the passage? Or did you cherry pick that one bit because it literally tells you what I summed up and that was what I wrote before I read the full context of the passage. You surely didnt read the passage or you would already know the answer to your question:

Ez 18:24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.
25 Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?
26 When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.

The fact is, there is none that are Righteous not one, in and of themselves:

Psalm 14:2 The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.
3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one

Ecc 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

If you are not Righteous, if there is not one person on Earth that is Good, then what is it that you shall do to not be condemned of your Sins? You will die in your Sins and what will become you? Its a terrible thing to fall into the Hands of the Living God!!!

floss

Star
Adam was a miracle, God created him with his bare hands. He had no parents. It's similar to Jesus , they're both unique in that they had miraculous births. This was God's work to show he can create life without men, he's all knowing and powerful.

He isn't coming back to save us from our sins he's coming back to kill the anti christ and unite people and finally tell us he's not God! He isn't a normal man, he's a man God gave powers. Couldn't David communicate with animals? Moses and his stick parted seas? God blessed these men by giving them these capabilities
Adam is a sinner in need of salvation through the grace of God, Jesus is a flawless lamb.

the AntiChrist is the one uniting people, i.e One World Government, Tower of Babel...

Jesus come to divide

51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

Haich

Superstar
Adam is a sinner in need of salvation through the grace of God, Jesus is a flawless lamb.

the AntiChrist is the one uniting people, i.e One World Government, Tower of Babel...

Jesus come to divide

51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
Jesus will unite people who believe he's sent from God, not ones that believe he is God.

You're missing my point about Adam, he was born with no parents so his creation is even more of a miracle at least Jesus had a mother. The fact he had a mother tells us he was a man, he was breastfed and he went toilet and ate and lived like a human. God doesn't need to experience this he's above all that. How can we conclude God breastfed and went toilet?

Anti christ is not uniting people he's deceiving them and telling them he's God, he's the way he's the salvation that's not true. Jesus is and he's going to fulfill his messiah duties when he returns

That verse tells me he's dividing the unbelievers from the believers. In other words the people who believe in god and those that don't

Daciple

Star
The general consensus is that Jesus is the literal begotten son of God but that would mean God would have had to sleep with a supposed 12-year-old Mary, which makes absolutely no sense at all.
You seem to have no concept of what the term beget or to be begotten means in the Word of God. You seem to think it means having sex and then procreating, but that isnt always what it means it definitely doesnt to Christ or in the Old Testament.

What is the word in Greek that is translated begotten in English?

3439 [e]monogenē μονογενῆ ,only begotten

3439 monogenḗs (from 3411 /misthōtós, "one-and-only" and 1085 /génos, "offspring, stock") – properly, one-and-only; "one of a kind" – literally, "one (monos) of a class, genos" (the only of its kind).

It literally means one of a kind, only of its class, unique, none other like it. How do we know this is the meaning for Christ? Because He is also said to be the first begotten from the Dead.

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Jesus was procreated from the dead, that makes absolutely no sense, however he was definitely the first of a unique kind, the first to be raised from the Dead. Moreover let us look at the account of Abraham and Isaac on the Mountain, in Gen 22 we see the account of Abraham and Issac, and what does it say about Issac?

Gen 22:1And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.
2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

16 And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the Lord, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son

Now we know that Isaac wasnt Abrahams ONLY Son right? He had Ishmael, so why is God insistent on calling Isaac his ONLY Son? Well we have an account of this in the Greek in Hebrews and look at how it is rendered:

Heb 11:17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son

Isaac is the only begotten son of Abraham, it doesnt mean he was the ONLY BORN of Abraham instead it is in relation to Isaacs unique position in relation to Abraham, in that according to the Bible it is Isaac that is the inheritor of the Promise made to Abraham, and this is why Isaac is the ONLY BEGOTTEN of Abraham. He is the unique relation, one of a kind position to Abraham.

Only Begotten in the understanding of Christ is the absolute unique position, one of a kind relationship that He has with the Father, no one else has this relationship and the reason why Jesus is the Only Begotten is because Jesus is God, He is in a relationship that nothing in all of existence is in with the Father, because Christ was never Created, He has always been, He is Eternal. He is the absolute unique one of a kind being, none other exists in all of creation like Him, because He is both God and Man, He is not an Angel, He is not just a Man, He is set apart, different, solely alone in all of existence.

This is what it means that Jesus is the Only Begotten Son of God, He is the unique one of a kind being, in a unique one of a kind relationship to God. The only possible explanation of the make up of Christ being unique one of a kind in being and relationship is that He is both God and Man, as there is no other being that has the relationship to the Father and is wholly unique in being.

Only God is good, right?

Matthew 19:17
"And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments."

Jesus hinting that he is Good.

Matthew 20:15
"Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?"
That's no hint. He would have said it outright. Only God Is Good because it is only If He Wills that we may also partake in goodness.

Matthew 20:15 equally questions whether he is really good.

Jesus himself said that no Commandments are greater than that there is Only One God, and to love thy neighbor as thyself.

Last edited:

Daciple

Star
Ok that's where we differ, God wouldn't send prophets who weren't righteous, we don't believe the slander that's attributed to the other prophets.

It's god's divinity which should be acknowledged through the virgin birth. Jesus was unique and I agree but there's no concrete evidence to support he was God, came in the flesh and 'died for our sins'
First off, you must be rejecting the Entire Old Testament to believe that the prophets werent sinners. Pretty much every Prophet in the Old Testament is shown to be a human that struggled with Sin. Adam and Eve broke the commandment not to eat from the Tree of Knowledge, Lot got drunk and has sex with his children,Abraham was a liar and almost got himself and his wife killed, in fact because of his lie he almost had a King killed by God, then he doubted God, and slept with his handmaiden because he didnt believe Sarah could have a child.Moses was a murderer, David was a murderer, Solomon practiced witchcraft, Elijah almost killed himself, Elisha lied, Gideon created an idol, Jacob lied, Jonah ran from God in disobedience, Samson ate unclean food, fornicated, and was a liar. Samuel judged by appearance,Saul the king practiced witchcraft, I mean just about every prophet in the Old Testament was recorded as having some flaw, why? Because they are Human and all are guilty of Sin besides the one unique being in all of existence, Jesus Christ. The only person EVER to not Sin ever!!!

And to say there is no concrete evidence that Jesus was God came in the flesh and died for Sins, is to literally deny the concrete evidence of the Bible. In the same vein there is no concrete evidence that Muhammad was a prophet, saw Gabriel or knew God other than your Koran right? While it is fine to say you reject the concrete evidence, its willful ignorance to say it doesnt exist. I believe the Koran says all sorts of things about Muhammad, that is evidence in and of itself, but I do not at all believe one thing said in the Koran about Muhammads prophethood or any other Divine Revelation, I believe all of it was from a demon, and he is a False Prophet, but I do not doubt that there is evidence to support the idea He is what Islam claims..

Last edited:
Christians: All Prophets were as much the sinners that we are. (Arrogant and negative outlook)
Muslims: All Prophets were sinless. (Humble and positive outlook)

Christians: Trinity (allusion to more than One God), divinity of Jesus (despite coming out of a womb pretty much like everybody else).
Muslims: There's Only One God. (No Greater Commandment than this according to Jesus himself)

Christians: If you don't accept Jesus, you are going in the lake of fire where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Muslims: Just believe in the Existence of A Supreme Being, no matter your religion, and be sincere to Him and If He Wills, you're saved.

Haich

Superstar
First off, you must be rejecting the Entire Old Testament to believe that the prophets werent sinners. Pretty much every Prophet in the Old Testament is shown to be a human that struggled with Sin. Adam and Eve broke the commandment not to eat from the Tree of Knowledge, Noah got drunk and has sex with his children,Abraham was a liar and almost got himself and his wife killed, in fact because of his lie he almost had a King killed by God, then he doubted God, and slept with his handmaiden because he didnt believe Sarah could have a child.Moses was a murderer, David was a murderer, Solomon practiced witchcraft, Elijah almost killed himself, Elisha lied, Gideon created an idol, Jacob lied, Jonah ran from God in disobedience, Samson ate unclean food, fornicated, and was a liar. Samuel judged by appearance,Saul the king practiced witchcraft, I mean just about every prophet in the Old Testament was recorded as having some flaw, why? Because they are Human and all are guilty of Sin besides the one unique being in all of existence, Jesus Christ. The only person EVER to not Sin ever!!!

And to say there is no concrete evidence that Jesus was God came in the flesh and died for Sins, is to literally deny the concrete evidence of the Bible. In the same vein there is no concrete evidence that Muhammad was a prophet, saw Gabriel or knew God other than your Koran right? While it is fine to say you reject the concrete evidence, its willful ignorance to say it doesnt exist. I believe the Koran says all sorts of things about Muhammad, that is evidence in and of itself, but I do not at all believe one thing said in the Koran about Muhammads prophethood or any other Divine Revelation, I believe all of it was from a demon, and he is a False Prophet, but I do not doubt that there is evidence to support the idea He is what Islam claims..
I don't believe Noah had sex with his children wow how disgusting and what a great form of slander to try and elevate Jesus. Why would God send Noah to his nation, to try and warn them if they don't worship God alone and leave their sinful ways otherwise there'll be a flood?
Why did God aid him in his mission to build an ark and save the people who accept him as their prophet?
Can't you see that man has corrupted the word of God and altered the events that happened to corrupt the reputation of God's prophets?

To make things clearer about what truly happened with the prophets I'll post a video since it's quite long to type. My point is, the bible seems to be full of hate for all these prophets and none of us were alive at the time of these people, so as a truth seeker I can only go on what the scriptures say. The bible is too conflicting for me to accept and too slanderous of these prophets. If we're honest with ourselves why would men sent by or chosen by God be so sinful?

Yes Moses killed a man, yes Adam and Eve at the apple but they were human. Islam teaches us the faults of man can only be corrected and rectified with God's forgiveness and word. It's like Christians set themselves this unreleastic standard of perfection and condemn everyone for being sinful, but then Jesus came and died for the sins? Why didn't he come before? What's so special about us that he died for? What happens to the people that have lived since Adam ? The bible doesn't answer any of these questions it just veils its gaps by affirming that Jesus is the way. I don't understand how Christians conclude he's god or god in the flesh and I don't accept there's sufficient evidence that suggests this

As for the Quran, if you took the time to actually read it you'd understand it explains the story of existence, the fall of man, the role of God, why we're here, who created us, how God is ONE and did not come to earth to experience how it was to be human. Why would God need to experience it?he created us! If that's the case let him come as a cat or a chicken so he can find out what it's like to be an animal...

People have a problem with Mohammed because he was either Arab or he married a young girl despite not consummating his marriage until she was older. Character assassination is the only choice you guys have, please explain where an illiterate man got the extensive information explicitly described and clarified in the Quran? He could read or write it's impossible that he copied previous scripture...and most of the Quran is a continuation of previous books which were corrupted by man

Daciple

Star
Christians: All Prophets were as much the sinners that we are. (Arrogant and negative outlook)

Christians: Trinity (allusion to more than One God), divinity of Jesus (despite coming out of a womb pretty much like everybody else).
Muslims: There's Only One God. (No Greater Commandment than this according to Jesus himself)

Christians: If you don't accept Jesus, you are going in the lake of fire where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Muslims: Just believe in the Existence of A Supreme Being, no matter your religion, and be sincere to Him and If He Wills, you're saved.

First off I dont see how its arrogant or negative to actually believe the Prophets were Human, they were and the Word of God shows us that they battled sin just like you do. How terrible and negative of an outlook that is to know that God took broken men and used them to do great things!!

Second the Trinity isnt an allusion to more than One God, youre just being wilfully ignorant of what we say concerning the Fact that we worship only One God. We say Jesus is divine because He was Sinless unlike anyone else, and because He died and Resurrected unlike anyone else.

Thrid please dont try and pass off Islam as saying it doesnt matter what Religion you belong to you can be saved, thats blasphemy to Allah and your own Holy Text. I mean I know its ok for you to lie to further Islam, but the reality is if you dont acknowledge Allah, and Muhammad as his prophet, if you dont follow the other tenets you have pretty much no legit shot to get to heaven. The only part that you have not lied about is if he wills, in other words even if you do follow Islam perfectly your god can choose to throw you into hell, and he can take a person that has fought against Islam his whole life and throw him into heaven because in your religion there is absolutely no assurance of salvation. You dont even know if Muhammad got in. Im surely not gonna be following a god that could randomly throw me in Hell just cause he wants to, or follow after a prophet I cant be sure got into Heaven...

rainerann

Star

I'm really confused how seeing the prophets as sinners is arrogant and seeing them as sinless is not a form of idolatry.

Basically, there is nothing in the Bible that asserts anyone in any sort of greater authority over a former prophet because the prophets have sinned. The only reason it is included is because the Bible does not lie or whitewash the way things took place. However, God in His mercy accepted them and showed them favor, and He did great things through them because God is great.

So it is in humility that we recognize that the prophets sinned because we realize that the grace shown to them demonstrates how great God is. Realizing that God is great is the definition of true humility.

We are not dependent on the former prophets. We are dependent on God. Therefore, it makes no real difference to us if they sinned or not. We don't worship them. They don't live or answer prayer. We only need to know that we can repent and we learn that we can from the Bible. The prophets teach us this with their mistakes.

First off I dont see how its arrogant or negative to actually believe the Prophets were Human
It's arrogant and negative because you more or less consider yourselves to be on the same level as they are.

It's logical that every ordinary man/woman should consider themselves inferior to those Chosen by the Almighty to carry out His Will.

They have been Mentioned by Him in His Scriptures. Can't say the same applies for each and everybody else. We are inferior to them.

That doesn't mean we worship them since we know that they are simply creatures of The Almighty and that we worship no one but Him.

We say Jesus is divine because He was Sinless unlike anyone else, and because He died and Resurrected unlike anyone else.
Jesus is the slave of The Only Divinity that Exists. The Invisible Creator. The Indivisible Creator. Mary can be said to have been divided, Jesus being a division of her body, manner of speaking. God Is Indivisible. God Does Not Change. Jesus changed from being a baby and grew to be a man and a special one at that. He was sinless just like Adam and Eve were sinless. And you've no proof for his death except for corrupt texts.

And even if he did die, you're making it such a big deal as if it's the only thing that matters. Good people need to unite. Now that's worthwhile!

The only reason it is included is because the Bible does not lie or whitewash the way things took place.
That's your belief relying solely on what you read and understood from the Bible. It doesn't make your claim true that the Bible never changed.

Given that you weren't even there during the eras of those Prophets, just because the Bible says they sinned, doesn't make it right to slander.

So it is in humility that we recognize that the prophets sinned
Really? Wow! What a great humility! What's there to recognize? It's only belief in texts. You've no proof whatsoever concerning their ''sins''.

Thrid please dont try and pass off Islam as saying it doesnt matter what Religion you belong to you can be saved, thats blasphemy to Allah and your own Holy Text.
That's according to you. According to The Almighty God, He Is The Only One Who Guides towards truth. So it firstly starts with belief in Him.

I mean I know its ok for you to lie to further Islam
Again that's your opinion. It doesn't mean that i'm lying. It's only your perception. And God Be My Witness and Defender. Amen.

Im surely not gonna be following a god that could randomly throw me in Hell just cause he wants to, or follow after a prophet I cant be sure got into Heaven
If The Almighty Decided that my place was to be in Hell, He Would Be Right. I wouldn't even ask why since i trust in Him. He Never Errs.

and seeing them as sinless is not a form of idolatry.
And seeing Jesus as sinless is not somehow?

So it is in humility that we recognize that the prophets sinned
Lol. Recognize that Prophets sinned. That's only according to what you've read, again. You've no other proof for that whatsoever.

Stop saying so and so sinned when they might have already been Forgiven by The Almighty. You're only belittling others. Look into a mirror!

We are not dependent on the former prophets. We are dependent on God. Therefore, it makes no real difference to us if they sinned or not. We don't worship them. They don't live or answer prayer. We only need to know that we can repent and we learn that we can from the Bible. The prophets teach us this with their mistakes.
Well that's good.

Oh so now it's their mistakes and not their sins? You sure do contradict yourself a little there.

And so was Jesus too a Prophet who is not worthy of being worshiped since he took birth and is the same as us at least in that respect.

Nothing is the same as God Almighty Who Always Was. He Suffices to Himself. He Wanted to Be Known and therefore Created all of us as a manifestation of His Own Attributes of love, knowledge, perfection, wisdom, goodness, strength, power, justice, mercy, benevolence, kindness, honor, firmness, steadfastness, peace, beauty and so much more that we can only remain awestruck concerning His Infinite Greatness.

Last edited:

llleopard

Established
Yh one as in he's the path to the father, accept him as he was not joe Paul wanted you to see him.
He didn't die for anyone's sins from my perspective. If he did why are we on earth ? Why were Adam and Eve cast here? what's the point of the reckoning and Judgement day if Jesus is taking the blame? How can 'God' take the blame for what we do ?[/QUOT

I wonder if it depends how you look at the atoning work of Christ. If you see it as our being 'let off punishment because Christ volunteered to be punished instead of us' - like a court of law...it's kind of silly. If God was prepared to let us off, why wouldn't he just do that anyway and why punish an innocent person? If you can see it as more like a debt, then there is a point in a person who has assets paying on behalf of someone else - footing the bill.

Haich

Superstar
Few bits of terminology for this watching the video depicting Jesus in Islam:

saydinna- a term of endearment in Arabic

Allah- God

Eesa/Isa- Jesus

Isa Ibn Maryam- Jesus son of Mary

AS- Alayhi Salaam- peace and blessings be on Jesus and Mary

SWT- subhanallah wa tallah, term of endearment for the almighty

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@God_Is_Formless - I don't think that @Daciple is saying that the prophets were any better or worse people that the rest of us. Prophets were people who heard a message from God and recorded it. Each of them must have had a knowledge and relationship with God to discern his voice. On the other hand, each of them were real, ordinary people as well.

I understand that you have a different perspective on God's relationship with us to the one we hold, and that my reply will not change that perspective ;-)