Who else lost their "friends" because of religion?

I was an atheist for most of my life, though. I carry a Muslim name, so I come from a Muslim family.
And everything started with last year, I've hit that age of reason where it doesn't make sense to me anymore.
I refuse to believe that I was brought into this world to work hard and grind to make a living, to pay my bills, buy stupid things I don't need but society tells me that I need them, to watch crap on media I don't care about, and similar, you get my point anyway.
I don't want to start a fire here and put gasoline on it, so I'll just say that I've found most of the answers in Islam, and there's nothing, no one who could ever change my mind to go to the old lifestyle I used to do before.
My belief, my faith, thefire within me is so strong that it's literally impossible for anyone to change my mind and to stop me from praying.
So, anyway, I've had friends whom I've known for more than ten years, and imagine being with someone almost every day, clubbing, texting, doing things together, BBQing, travelling, laugh/cry together, etc., you get the idea.
Now, you tell them that you want to become religious, to get closer to God, and they say: "Well, I think it's enough to be a good human being rather than worshiping a God, but hey, that's just me, if there's a God then he should see that you're a good person, and not to worship him, to fully surrender yourself to him. i think religion is man-made but hey it's cool, that's your choice."
Months and months have passed since then, my two best friends are having zero contact with me. There's no more: "Hey Adje, let's go outside and chill, where you at? Lemme pick you up" etc., there's no more "How are you doing? All good?" N-O-T-H-I-N-G, nada.
The last time I called my best friend out for coffee, he was putting me on "seen." And I was like: "Hm, 'aight, maybe he's busy with work, maybe he'll answer me back?" So days has passed and still no answer from him, so I was writing him again: "Yo, why did you leave me on seen? You can't have coffee with me at all? Ya can't hang out" Then he said: "I was busy, sorry." And that's about it, not even "yeah sure thing, let's go" so I knew what time it is and just gave up on them. To be honest, it hurt a lot because I know them for more than ten years, last year, October and November I was celebrating their birthday, bought them gifts, everything was cool, we were having some shots, alcohol here and there, but I quit drinking and smoking cigarettes, too.
Did anyone else lost their friends because some of you turned to God? If so, do you really believe these are one of the main cons when you turn yourself to God? Like, you're less attractive, people seem to find you weird, they don't support you anymore, etc..
It is. I found myself on that journey myself. I have a friend who suffers from depression who's an agnostic and as soon as I mentioned I believe in the Creator, she distanced herself from me. I would even put one of my siblings in that category. They appear to be very hedonistic and don't seem to believe in anything, really... not even themselves. It's sad, but I don't know how people go from day to day not realising a higher power is there. What's interesting is a very good friend of mine who texted me the other day that he might lose his feet due to diabetes, believes in God - that's telling!

Ahhh well, what can you do?

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
But where does it state that Jesus is God?

Also, I like how you ignore my other question. What's wrong the truth too much for your little brain? I'll ask again is Jesus considered a prophet according to the Bible?
I didn’t ignore it...Jesus is God..and I gave scripture to back it up..sorry you don’t understand.

How many times are you going to spew this lie?

Show us where in the Quran that Muslims are ordered to lie?
taquiya seems to be a very real thing.

Deception, Lying
and Taqiyya

Does Islam permit Muslims to lie?

Muslim scholars teach that Muslims should generally be truthful to each other, unless the purpose of lying is to "smooth over differences" or "gain the upper-hand over an enemy."
There are several forms of lying to non-believers that are permitted under certain circumstances, the best known being taqiyya (the Shia name). These circumstances are typically those that advance the cause of Islam - in some cases by gaining the trust of non-believers in order to draw out their vulnerability and defeat them.
Read the rest here

DesertRose

Superstar
I don't want to start a fire here and put gasoline on it, so I'll just say that I've found most of the answers in Islam, and there's nothing, no one who could ever change my mind to go to the old lifestyle I used to do before.
My belief, my faith, thefire within me is so strong that it's literally impossible for anyone to change my mind and to stop me from praying.
One more thought brother AdjeYen is that this can be a test. We can be tested through others in our life.
Uncooperative co-workers, rude family members and absent friends etc.
If we are patient in sha Allah they may return or the Creator will give you friends who resonate better.
I really see our characters as magnets and some will be attracted and others will be repelled :)

Lisa

Superstar
Lisa, do you really think he got the „claim to the throne“ of the USA without the „elites“ consent? He’s just another puppet,; fulfilling their aims.
If he had that consent...they’d be with him and not against him from the moment he said he would run for president.

I became a born again follower of Christ not too long ago, and since then I've been growing stricter in my faith and changing up how I was to follow Christ. Because of this, I have had someone accuse me of being in a cult because I started hanging out with a group of other believers and they were under the interpretation that they were making me the way I am now. The truth is it wasn't a cult, It was The Bible and ultimately God.