Who do Muslims really worship?

Kais_1

Star
The fact that you didn't read the Quran, make its wrong for you to insinuate any form of worship apart from Allah. Quran talks of Jesus son of Mary, not the son of god as Christians want the world to believe. Which is a blasphemy against one true God, why will God have a son ?. Why will a son of god not have power to save himself against the Romans but was crucified according to Bible, we Muslims believed he ascended heaven as a prophet of Allah. There is nothing like Trinity in Islam, but you will find it in Christianity ,ancient Egyptians religion and others. We all have read how Christianity was mixed with paganism to have Christmas on 25th of December, Easter Bunny rituals, the symbolism of wine as blood with bread as flesh.
FYI i have read the quran many times over both in Arabic and the english translation.

i found a all seeing eye and sirius in the word YASIN

The fact that you didn't read the Quran, make its wrong for you to insinuate any form of worship apart from Allah. Quran talks of Jesus son of Mary, not the son of god as Christians want the world to believe. Which is a blasphemy against one true God, why will God have a son ?. Why will a son of god not have power to save himself against the Romans but was crucified according to Bible, we Muslims believed he ascended heaven as a prophet of Allah. There is nothing like Trinity in Islam, but you will find it in Christianity ,ancient Egyptians religion and others. We all have read how Christianity was mixed with paganism to have Christmas on 25th of December, Easter Bunny rituals, the symbolism of wine as blood with bread as flesh.
by Matt Slick
Following is a chart that lists the verses in the Quran that teach about Jesus. There are many other verses that mention him, but they are largely repetitive. The English version used is the Usuf Ali Translation of 1985. http://quran.com
TeachingVerse
Jesus was born of a virgin He said: "Nay, I am only a messenger from thy Lord, (to announce) to thee the gift of a holy son. 20 She said: "How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste?" 21 He said: "So (it will be): Thy Lord saith, 'that is easy for Me: and (We wish) to appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us': It is a matter (so) decreed." (19:19-21, Yusif Ali)

And (remember) her who guarded her chastity: We breathed into her of Our spirit, and We made her and her son a sign for all peoples. (21:91, Yusif Ali)
Jesus strengthened with the Holy SpiritWe gave Moses the Book and followed him up with a succession of messengers; We gave Jesus the son of Mary Clear (Signs) and strengthened him with the holy spirit. Is it that whenever there comes to you a messenger with what ye yourselves desire not, ye are puffed up with pride?- Some ye called impostors, and others ye slay! (2:87, Yusif Ali)
Jesus was given revelation by AllahHe said: "I am indeed a servant of Allah: He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet. (19:30, Yusif Ali)
Jesus taken bodily into HeavenBehold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute. (3:55, Yusif Ali)
Jesus was createdThe similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was. (3:59, Yusif Ali)
Deny Jesus' CrucifixionThat they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not. (4:157,Yusif Ali)
Jesus is no more than a messenger of AllahO People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His messengers. Say not "Trinity": desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs. (4:171, Yusif Ali)

Christ the son of Mary was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how Allah doth make His signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth! (5:575, Yusif Ali)
Jesus was a miracle workerWe have made some of these messengers to excel the others among them are they to whom Allah spoke, and some of them He exalted by (many degrees of) rank; and We gave clear miracles to Isa1 son of Marium2, and strengthened him with the holy spirit. And if Allah had pleased, those after them would not have fought one with another after clear arguments had come to them, but they disagreed; so there were some of them who believed and others who denied; and if Allah had pleased they would not have fought one with another, but Allah brings about what He intends. (2:253, Shakir)
Jesus, Son of Mary, did not say to worship himself or MaryAnd behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden. (5:116, Yusif Ali)
Allah sent the Gospel to Jesus
And in their footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the Law that had come before him: We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the Law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah. (5:46, Yusif Ali)
Then, in their wake, We followed them up with (others of) Our messengers: We sent after them Jesus the son of Mary, and bestowed on him the Gospel; and We ordained in the hearts of those who followed him Compassion and Mercy. But the Monasticism which they invented for themselves, We did not prescribe for them: (We commanded) only the seeking for the Good Pleasure of Allah; but that they did not foster as they should have done. Yet We bestowed, on those among them who believed, their (due) reward, but many of them are rebellious transgressors. (57:27, Yusif Ali)
You are cursed if you say Jesus is God's sonThe Jews call 'Uzair a son of Allah, and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. Allah's curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth! (9:30, Yusif Ali)
Jesus spoke as a childBut she pointed to the babe. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle? 30 He said: "I am indeed a servant of God: He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet" (19:29-30, Yusif Ali)
Deny Jesus is Son of GodSuch (was) Jesus the son of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute. 35 It is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, "Be", and it is. (19:34-35, Yusif Ali)
Jesus is the Son of MaryAnd remember We took from the prophets their covenant: As (We did) from thee: from Noah, Abraham, Moses, and Jesus the son of Mary: We took from them a solemn covenant: (33:7, Yusif Ali)
Jesus was no more than a ServantWhen (Jesus) the son of Mary is held up as an example, behold, thy people raise a clamour thereat (in ridicule)! 58 And they say, "Are our gods best, or he?" This they set forth to thee, only by way of disputation: yea, they are a contentious people. 59 He was no more than a servant: We granted Our favour to him, and We made him an example to the Children of Israel. (43:57-59, Yusif Ali)
Jesus said to obey himWhen Jesus came with Clear Signs, he said: "Now have I come to you with Wisdom, and in order to make clear to you some of the (points) on which ye dispute: therefore fear Allah and obey me. (43:63, Yusif Ali)
  • 1. Isa is the Quranic word for Jesus
  • 2. Marium is the Quranic word for Mary

About The Author
Matt Slick is the President and Founder of the Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry.

You are here

1. Home
  2. Islam Examined
  3. What does Islam and the Quran say about Jesus?
by Matt Slick
Following is a chart that lists the verses in the Quran that teach about Jesus. There are many other verses that mention him, but they are largely repetitive. The English version used is the Usuf Ali Translation of 1985. http://quran.com
Teaching
Verse
Jesus was born of a virgin
He said: "Nay, I am only a messenger from thy Lord, (to announce) to thee the gift of a holy son. 20 She said: "How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste?" 21 He said: "So (it will be): Thy Lord saith, 'that is easy for Me: and (We wish) to appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us': It is a matter (so) decreed." (19:19-21, Yusif Ali)
And (remember) her who guarded her chastity: We breathed into her of Our spirit, and We made her and her son a sign for all peoples. (21:91, Yusif Ali)
Jesus strengthened with the Holy Spirit
We gave Moses the Book and followed him up with a succession of messengers; We gave Jesus the son of Mary Clear (Signs) and strengthened him with the holy spirit. Is it that whenever there comes to you a messenger with what ye yourselves desire not, ye are puffed up with pride?- Some ye called impostors, and others ye slay! (2:87, Yusif Ali)
Jesus was given revelation by Allah
He said: "I am indeed a servant of Allah: He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet. (19:30, Yusif Ali)
Jesus taken bodily into Heaven
Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute. (3:55, Yusif Ali)
Jesus was created
The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was. (3:59, Yusif Ali)
Deny Jesus' Crucifixion
That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not. (4:157,Yusif Ali)
Jesus is no more than a messenger of Allah
O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His messengers. Say not "Trinity": desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs. (4:171, Yusif Ali)
Christ the son of Mary was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how Allah doth make His signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth! (5:575, Yusif Ali)
Jesus was a miracle worker
We have made some of these messengers to excel the others among them are they to whom Allah spoke, and some of them He exalted by (many degrees of) rank; and We gave clear miracles to Isa1 son of Marium2, and strengthened him with the holy spirit. And if Allah had pleased, those after them would not have fought one with another after clear arguments had come to them, but they disagreed; so there were some of them who believed and others who denied; and if Allah had pleased they would not have fought one with another, but Allah brings about what He intends. (2:253, Shakir)
Jesus, Son of Mary, did not say to worship himself or Mary
And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden. (5:116, Yusif Ali)
Allah sent the Gospel to Jesus
And in their footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the Law that had come before him: We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the Law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah. (5:46, Yusif Ali)
Then, in their wake, We followed them up with (others of) Our messengers: We sent after them Jesus the son of Mary, and bestowed on him the Gospel; and We ordained in the hearts of those who followed him Compassion and Mercy. But the Monasticism which they invented for themselves, We did not prescribe for them: (We commanded) only the seeking for the Good Pleasure of Allah; but that they did not foster as they should have done. Yet We bestowed, on those among them who believed, their (due) reward, but many of them are rebellious transgressors. (57:27, Yusif Ali)
You are cursed if you say Jesus is God's son
The Jews call 'Uzair a son of Allah, and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. Allah's curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth! (9:30, Yusif Ali)
Jesus spoke as a child
But she pointed to the babe. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle? 30 He said: "I am indeed a servant of God: He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet" (19:29-30, Yusif Ali)
Deny Jesus is Son of God
Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute. 35 It is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, "Be", and it is. (19:34-35, Yusif Ali)
Jesus is the Son of Mary
And remember We took from the prophets their covenant: As (We did) from thee: from Noah, Abraham, Moses, and Jesus the son of Mary: We took from them a solemn covenant: (33:7, Yusif Ali)
Jesus was no more than a Servant
When (Jesus) the son of Mary is held up as an example, behold, thy people raise a clamour thereat (in ridicule)! 58 And they say, "Are our gods best, or he?" This they set forth to thee, only by way of disputation: yea, they are a contentious people. 59 He was no more than a servant: We granted Our favour to him, and We made him an example to the Children of Israel. (43:57-59, Yusif Ali)
Jesus said to obey him
When Jesus came with Clear Signs, he said: "Now have I come to you with Wisdom, and in order to make clear to you some of the (points) on which ye dispute: therefore fear Allah and obey me. (43:63, Yusif Ali)
Isa is the Quranic word for Jesus
Marium is the Quranic word for Mary

About The Author
Matt Slick is the President and Founder of the Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry.

You are here
Home › Islam Examined › What does Islam and the Quran say about Jesus?
Home
What's New and...
Apologetics
Bible Difficulties

Kais_1

Star
i dont think islam really goes as far back as sophia....maybe im wrong.....it shows up as horus and isis....

Y A SI N

y=25

n=25

si = 28 /2 =14 =n =25

a =1

ayn = 18 = eye of horus

nn =50 = sirius = isis

can anyone tell me why it shows up as this...and what horus and isis have to do with islam?

floss

Star
i dont think islam really goes as far back as sophia....maybe im wrong.....it shows up as horus and isis....

Y A SI N

y=25

n=25

si = 28 /2 =14 =n =25

a =1

ayn = 18 = eye of horus

nn =50 = sirius = isis

can anyone tell me why it shows up as this...and what horus and isis have to do with islam?
because allah is an egyptian ONE (eye) god. you're definitely being led by a spirit. I pray you'll look into bible code and find life!

DesertRose

Superstar
May God rectify and guide you. Ameen.

"Say, 'He is Allah, the One; Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;​
He begets not, and neither is He begotten; And there is nothing that can be compared to Him." Quran 112:1-4
In Muslim understanding, God is beyond our sight and understanding, yet at the same time "nearer to us than our jugular vein" (Quran 50:16). Muslims pray directly to God, with no intermediary, and seek guidance from Him alone, because "... Allah knows well the secrets of your hearts" (Quran 5:7).​
"When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them). I respond to the prayer of every suppliant when he calls on Me. Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me, that they may walk in the right way." Quran 2:186​
Tawhid - The Unity of God
Islam is based on the concept of Tawhid, or Unity of God.

Muslims are strictly monotheistic and fiercely reject any attempt to make God visible or human.

Islam rejects any form of idol worship, even if its intention is to get "closer" to God, and rejects the Trinity or any attempt to make God human.
#375 for more.

Last edited:

Kais_1

Star
because allah is an egyptian ONE (eye) god. you're definitely being led by a spirit. I pray you'll look into bible code and find life!
this is the second time i have found AYN in the quran....

if you work it out even further its 50 and 18.....both KAF in the quran

K = 11 or 23 = W

W = FIRE

Kais_1

Star
lulu is the corna twice

i dont follow christ....but i did read somwhere that the story of sophia and the archons is actually the jesus and mary story....

if so then........

DesertRose

Superstar
This section begins with Prophet Abraham's story peace be upon Him and I would suggest you pay close attention to the last verse.
Quran 6: 78-93

And when he saw the sun rising, he said, "This is my lord; this is greater." But when it set, he said, "O my people, indeed I am free from what you associate with Allah .

Indeed, I have turned my face toward He who created the heavens and the earth, inclining toward truth, and I am not of those who associate others with Allah ."

And his people argued with him. He said, "Do you argue with me concerning Allah while He has guided me? And I fear not what you associate with Him [and will not be harmed] unless my Lord should will something. My Lord encompasses all things in knowledge; then will you not remember?

And how should I fear what you associate while you do not fear that you have associated with Allah that for which He has not sent down to you any authority? So which of the two parties has more right to security, if you should know?

They who believe and do not mix their belief with injustice - those will have security, and they are [rightly] guided.

And that was Our [conclusive] argument which We gave Abraham against his people. We raise by degrees whom We will. Indeed, your Lord is Wise and Knowing.

And We gave to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob - all [of them] We guided. And Noah, We guided before; and among his descendants, David and Solomon and Job and Joseph and Moses and Aaron. Thus do We reward the doers of good.

And Zechariah and John and Jesus and Elias - and all were of the righteous.
And Ishmael and Elisha and Jonah and Lot - and all [of them] We preferred over the worlds.

And [some] among their fathers and their descendants and their brothers - and We chose them and We guided them to a straight path.

That is the guidance of Allah by which He guides whomever He wills of His servants. But if they had associated others with Allah, then worthless for them would be whatever they were doing

Those are the ones to whom We gave the Scripture and authority and prophethood. But if the disbelievers deny it, then We have entrusted it to a people who are not therein disbelievers.

Those are the ones whom Allah has guided, so from their guidance take an example. Say, "I ask of you for this message no payment. It is not but a reminder for the worlds."

And they did not appraise Allah with true appraisal when they said, " Allah did not reveal to a human being anything." Say, "Who revealed the Scripture that Moses brought as light and guidance to the people? You [Jews] make it into pages, disclosing [some of] it and concealing much. And you were taught that which you knew not - neither you nor your fathers." Say, " Allah [revealed it]." Then leave them in their [empty] discourse, amusing themselves.

And this is a Book which We have sent down, blessed and confirming what was before it, that you may warn the Mother of Cities and those around it. Those who believe in the Hereafter believe in it, and they are maintaining their prayers.

And who is more unjust than one who invents a lie about Allah or says, "It has been inspired to me," while nothing has been inspired to him, and one who says, "I will reveal [something] like what Allah revealed." And if you could but see when the wrongdoers are in the overwhelming pangs of death while the angels extend their hands, [saying], "Discharge your souls! Today you will be awarded the punishment of [extreme] humiliation for what you used to say against Allah other than the truth and [that] you were, toward His verses, being arrogant."

Last edited:

X7fifteen4

Hinduism and the clockwork of the sky as percieved from the northern hemisphere is a rational start to interpretation of subsequent religious myths. They parallel the story in the sky. Anthropomorphized variations with different names. Overall, the same story.

DesertRose

Superstar
;)#244

W. B. Yeats

Come let us mock at the great

Come let us mock at the great

That had such burdens on the mind

And toiled so hard and late

To leave some monument behind,

Nor thought of the levelling wind.

Come let us mock at the wise;

With all those calendars whereon