Who Changed the Sabbath day from Saturday to Sunday?

Steven Avery

Rookie
This link explains how the words Yahweh and Jehovah come from the same hebrew word יהוה
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah
This scholarship is a bit stale and outdated.

Jehovah (or Yehovah) is the traditional name pronunciation for the Tetragram. יהוה

Yahweh==jupiter .. this is because jupiter is yahweh-father ... or IOVE-PATER
IOVE has the sound exceedingly close to yahweh.
Spiritual entities are invoked by speaking their name, the sound is fundamental.

Christians should not be venerating "yahweh" in any manner. Not in reading the Bible, not in song or worship. This has been a trick played on the Christians, the main source goes back to German liberal unbelievers, especially Gesenius, in the 1800s.

The Christian reaction defending the name of Jehovah has nothing to do with the Jehovah Witnesses (a stopped clock is right twice a day.) There are some who spoke up neatly a century ago, but thin in the last 25 years, much has been clarified. The know-nothing "sacred name" movement really began to gain traction in the USA in the 1930s, and they added the gibberish yahshua or yahushua as an adjunct to match the false yahweh.

Psalm 83:18 (AV)
That men may know that thou,
whose name alone is JEHOVAH,
art the most high over all the earth.

Under the New Testament, the name above all other names is the Lord Jesus Christ.

Philippians 2:10 (KJV)
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
of things in heaven, and things in earth,
and things under the earth;

Thanks for listening and considering!

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
That must have been a difficult upbringing for you.

This link explains how the words Yahweh and Jehovah come from the same hebrew word יהוה

The formula is used extensively in the medieval grimoir, The Key of Solomon

examples are

View attachment 32001

View attachment 32002

The tetragramaton was also much used by Crowley, and the golden dawn.
Now this is interesting….

If someone were to acknowledge the existence of a spiritual dimension, it is quite clear that the one Crowley was in touch with is evil.

The fact that these evil entities wish to use holy symbolism and re-frame it as part of their esotericism says a lot about the modus operandi of the fallen angelic realm.

Given that context, is it any real surprise when the Bible clearly prophecies in many places the regathering of Israel, that the Rothschilds and Masons were all over the founding of the State of Israel like it was their idea?

I would submit that the Tetragrammaton has absolutely nothing to do with the occult, but that the forces behind the occult, being the habitual, lying plagiarists that they are would certainly wish to profane that which is holy.

Cintra

Star
Now this is interesting….

If someone were to acknowledge the existence of a spiritual dimension, it is quite clear that the one Crowley was in touch with is evil.

The fact that these evil entities wish to use holy symbolism and re-frame it as part of their esotericism says a lot about the modus operandi of the fallen angelic realm.

Given that context, is it any real surprise when the Bible clearly prophecies in many places the regathering of Israel, that the Rothschilds and Masons were all over the founding of the State of Israel like it was their idea?

I would submit that the Tetragrammaton has absolutely nothing to do with the occult, but that the forces behind the occult, being the habitual, lying plagiarists that they are would certainly wish to profane that which is holy.
Crowley was an interesting guy.
His parents were Plymouth Brethren.
He grew up immersed in an extreme form of Christianity. That's where all his identity, all his personal mythology came from.

He never managed to free himself, and continued rebelling against his childhood throughout his life.

Western occultists have always used kabalah. That's where they got things like tetragrammaton from.

It is my opinion that tetragrammaton is a jewish form of the name we say as Jehovah, or Yahweh.
The medieval occultists used it as protection from the evils they were calling on, and it just got to be part of the lexicon, often used unknowingly.

Cintra

Star
This scholarship is a bit stale and outdated.

Jehovah (or Yehovah) is the traditional name pronunciation for the Tetragram. יהוה

Yahweh==jupiter .. this is because jupiter is yahweh-father ... or IOVE-PATER
IOVE has the sound exceedingly close to yahweh.
Spiritual entities are invoked by speaking their name, the sound is fundamental.

Christians should not be venerating "yahweh" in any manner. Not in reading the Bible, not in song or worship. This has been a trick played on the Christians, the main source goes back to German liberal unbelievers, especially Gesenius, in the 1800s.

The Christian reaction defending the name of Jehovah has nothing to do with the Jehovah Witnesses (a stopped clock is right twice a day.) There are some who spoke up neatly a century ago, but thin in the last 25 years, much has been clarified. The know-nothing "sacred name" movement really began to gain traction in the USA in the 1930s, and they added the gibberish yahshua or yahushua as an adjunct to match the false yahweh.

Psalm 83:18 (AV)
That men may know that thou,
whose name alone is JEHOVAH,
art the most high over all the earth.

Under the New Testament, the name above all other names is the Lord Jesus Christ.

Philippians 2:10 (KJV)
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
of things in heaven, and things in earth,
and things under the earth;

Thanks for listening and considering!
Not sure what you meant about my sources.
Wikipedia is simply an overview with references, so that anyone interested can read further.

The image from the Key of Solomon is genuine.
It is a good few 100 years old and is one of the foundations of western esotericism.

Not sure if 'stale and outdated' really apply.

Michi

Established
Denominational Testimony
Members of many Protestant denominations recognize that Sunday is not the day of rest found in Scripture.

Anglican

Isaac Williams, Plain Sermons on the Catechism Volume 1: 334, 336:
"And where are we told in the Scriptures that we are to keep the first day at all? We are commanded to keep the seventh, but we are nowhere commanded to keep the first day...The reasons why we keep the first day of the week holy instead of the seventh is for the same reason that we observe many other things, not because the Bible, but because the [Catholic) church has enjoined [ordered) it."

Rev. Lionel Beere, Church and People (September 1, 1947):
"Many people think that Sunday is the Sabbath, but neither in the New Testament nor in the early church, is there anything to suggest that we have any right to transfer the observance of the seventh day of the week to the first. The Sabbath was and is Saturday and not Sunday."

Baptist

Dr. Edward T. Hiscox, sermon at Baptist Ministers' Convention (Saratoga, NY. August 20, 1893), as quoted in Charlene R. Fortsch, Daniel: Understanding the Dreams and Visions (British Columbia: Prophecy Song, 2006): 363:
"There was and is a commandment to keep holy the Sabbath day, but the Sabbath day was not Sunday. It will, however, be readily said, and with some show of triumph, that the Sabbath was transferred from the seventh to the first day of the week, with all its duties, privileges and sanctions...Where can the record of such a transaction be found? Not in the New Testament—absolutely not. There is no scriptural evidence of the change of the Sabbath institution from the seventh to the first day of the week...What a pity that it [Sunday] comes branded with the mark of paganism and christened with the name of the sun-god, then adopted and sanctified by the papal apostasy and bequeathed as a sacred legacy to Protestantism."

Congregationalist

Robert William Dale, The Ten Commandments (London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1884): 100-101:
"It is quite clear that however rigidly or devoutly we spend Sunday, we are not keeping the Sabbath... The Sabbath was founded on a specific Divine Command. We can plead no such command for the obligation to observe Sunday ...There is not a single sentence in the New Testament to suggest that we incur any penalty by violating the supposed sanctity of Sunday."

Dr. Lymen Abbot, Christian Union June 26, 1890):
"The current notion that Christ and His apostles authoritatively substituted the first day for the seventh is absolutely without any authority in the New Testament."

Disciples of Christ

Dr. D. H. Lucas, Christian Oracle (January 23, 1890):
"There's no direct Scriptural authority for designating the first day "the Lord's Day."

Episcopalian

Bishop Seymour as quoted in Kevin Morgan, Sabbath Rest (TEACH Services, 2002): 13:
"We have made the change from the seventh day to the first day, from Saturday to Sunday, on the authority of the one holy catholic apostolic church."

Manual of Christian Doctrine: 127:
"Is there any command in the New Testament to change the day of weekly rest from Saturday to Sunday? None."

Lutheran

Augustus Neander and Henry John Rose, The History of the Christian Religion and Church (New York: Stanford and Swords, 1848): 186:
"The festival of Sunday, like all other festivals, was always only a human ordinance, and it was far from the intentions of the apostles to establish a Divine command in this respect, far from them, and from the early apostolic Church, to transfer the laws of the Sabbath to Sunday."

The Sunday Problem (1923): 36, as quoted in Kevin Morgan, Sabbath Rest (TEACH Services, 2002): 45:
"We have seen how gradually the impression of the Jewish [not exclusively Jewish, but given to all God's people] Sabbath faded from the mind of the Christian Church, and how completely the newer thought underlying observance of the first day took possession of the church. We have seen that the Christians of the first 3 centuries never confused one with the other."

Methodist

Amos Binney, The Methodist Book Concern (New York, 1902):
"It is true there is no positive command for infant baptism. Nor is there any for keeping holy the first day of the week. Many believe that Christ changed the Sabbath. But, from His own words, we see that He came for no such purpose."

Harris F. Rall, Christian Advocate (July 2, 1942): 26:
"Take the matter of Sunday...there is no passage telling Christians to keep that day, or to transfer the Jewish Sabbath to that day."

Presbyterian

Canon Eyton, The Ten Commandments: 63, 65:
"Into the rest of Sunday, no Divine Law enters ... The observance of Ash Wednesday, or Lent, stands exactly on the same footing as the observance of Sunday"

Nathan L Rice et al., The Christian Sabbath (New York: Robert Carter & Brothers, 1863): 60.
"A change of the day to be observed, from the last day of the week to the first. There is no record, no express command, authorizing this change."

Southern Baptist

Joseph J. Taylor, The Sabbath Question (F.H. Revell Co., 1914): 14-17, 41:
"The sacred name of the seventh day is Sabbath. This fact is too clear to require argument...Not once did the disciples apply the Sabbath law to the first day or the week—that folly was left for later ages, nor did they pretend that the first day supplanted the seventh."
…And the “crazy little cult” called the Seventh Day Adventists.

The false prophet — apostate church — ecumenical council
are working with the beast (Papacy) and world leaders to establish forced climate lockdowns, essentially Sunday laws worldwide.

In the covid practice run, governments proved their power to dictate which businesses were outlawed and which would continue.

How do you suppose the rejectors of climate laws, climate deniers, and those who adhere to the true Sabbath will be viewed in society?

Will those who uphold the Sabbath and stand against papal rule be persecuted by cutting off their livelihoods? Fines, jail time? That’s just in the US. How will they be treated by even more backward governments?

How many will capitulate and go along to get along? How many already have?

Exodus 31:13

Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you.

phipps

Star
…And the “crazy little cult” called the Seventh Day Adventists.

are working with the beast (Papacy) and world leaders to establish forced climate lockdowns, essentially Sunday laws worldwide.

In the covid practice run, governments proved their power to dictate which businesses were outlawed and which would continue.

How do you suppose the rejectors of climate laws, climate deniers, and those who adhere to the true Sabbath will be viewed in society?

Will those who uphold the Sabbath and stand against papal rule be persecuted by cutting off their livelihoods? Fines, jail time? That’s just in the US. How will they be treated by even more backward governments?

Exodus 31:13

Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you.
I disagree that the SDA religion is a cult but sadly they have become part of the ecumenical movement which they know to be wrong since they know and teach about the papacy and the role its going to play in end time prophecy.

Sadly true.

Very scary how much power governments have exacted during this pandemic. They tested us out to see how much they can get us to do without us protesting. They know most people are willing to do what they ask of them, even give up their freedoms to protect themselves.

They will be despised. They will be blamed for everything because they will be a minority, eventually they will be persecuted.

It will start in the US but it will be a world wide persecution. The Bible says people won't be able to buy or sell. So they won't have livelihoods and eventually they will imprison them.

Many Christians will compromise sadly. Only those who have a strong relationship with God will not give in.

Last edited:

Steven Avery

Rookie
Not sure what you meant about my sources.
Wikipedia is simply an overview with references, so that anyone interested can read further.
.... Not sure if 'stale and outdated' really apply.
Above, I was referring to the Wikipedia article, not the medieval kabbalism and magick.

And yes, you should read further than the Wikipedia article :).

Last edited:

Cintra

Star
Above, I was referring to the Wikipedia article, not the medieval kabbalism and magick.

And yes, you should read further than the Wikipedia article :).
Do you think I didn't read further?

Are you just questioning my ability to use sources?
Or are you suggesting that Jehovah and Yahweh are not both vocalisations of the hebrew yod heh vau heh?

Also the post you seem to take objection to is 18 months old.
I was probably drunk when I wrote it.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Do you think I didn't read further?

Are you just questioning my ability to use sources?
Or are you suggesting that Jehovah and Yahweh are not both vocalisations of the hebrew yod heh vau heh?

Also the post you seem to take objection to is 18 months old.
I was probably drunk when I wrote it.
I think there is an attack on the KJV “Jehovah” by some of those who prefer Yahweh - I don’t think the Lord cares at all on this question and “Jehovah” is just a more pronounceable version of the same name.

Since there is not a strong movement for literal Hebrew transliteration of other names, it does seem to be “straining at a gnat” by those who allow themselves to get hot under the collar at it.

Steven Avery

Rookie
I feel comfortable with both names of God - the Hebrew and the translation
We agree on the Hebrew letters. The vowels are another question.

And actually we are looking for the right transliteration. (Translation is another issue.)

The two main contenders .. Jehovah and Yahweh.

If one is right, the other is wrong.
Even worse, one can be a counterfeit usurper.

So, it behooves us to try to work with the basic question (which is not what Biblehub shows.)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
We agree on the Hebrew letters. The vowels are another question.

And actually we are looking for the right transliteration. (Translation is another issue.)

The two main contenders .. Jehovah and Yahweh.

If one is right, the other is wrong.
Even worse, one can be a counterfeit usurper.

So, it behooves us to try to work with the basic question (which is not what Biblehub shows.)
You have piqued my interest now! Is there any linguistic hints we can draw on of derivative “pronounced” names that indicate one was more likely than the other? I noticed you listed some - is that what you were referring to?

Steven Avery

Rookie
You have piqued my interest now! Is there any linguistic hints we can draw on of derivative “pronounced” names that indicate one was more likely than the other? I noticed you listed some - is that what you were referring to?
One good starting point is the consistency of theophoric names, all of which have the same starting consonants and vowels.

The literal names match up with Jehovah.
Jehosaphat
Jehoachaz
Jehoash
Jehozabad
Jehohanan
Jehoiada

And more.
Here is the Jeho part of a chart put together by Scott Jones.

1625790365072.png

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
One good starting point is the consistency of theophoric names, all of which have the same starting consonants and vowels.

The literal names match up with Jehovah.
Jehosaphat
Jehoachaz
Jehoash
Jehozabad
Jehohanan
Jehoiada

And more.
Here is the Jeho part of a chart put together by Scott Jones.

View attachment 58429
Thanks @Steven Avery - I genuinely learned something new from this…

phipps

Star
Catholic & Protestant Confessions about the Sabbath.

“The Sabbath was binding in Eden, and it has been in force ever since. This fourth commandment begins with the word ‘remember’, showing that the Sabbath already existed when God wrote the law on the tables of stone at Sinai. How can men claim that this one commandment has been done away with when they will admit that the other nine are still binding?”

D.L. Moody, Weighed and Wanting (Fleming H. Revell Co.: New York), 47, 48

“There was and is a commandment to keep holy the Sabbath day, but that Sabbath day was not Sunday. It will be said, however, and with some show of triumph, that the Sabbath was transferred from the seventh to the first day of the week. … Where can the record of such a transaction be found? Not in the New Testament—absolutely not.

To me it seems unaccountable that Jesus, during three years’ intercourse with His disciples, often conversing with them upon the Sabbath question … never alluded to any transference of the day; also, that during forty days of His resurrection life, no such thing was intimated.

Of course, I quite well know that Sunday did come into use in early Christian history … . But what a pity it comes branded with the mark of paganism, and christened with the name of the sun god, adopted and sanctioned by the papal apostasy, and bequeathed as a sacred legacy to Protestantism!"

Dr. Edward T. Hiscox, a paper read before a New York ministers’ conference, November 13, 1893, reported in the New York Examiner, November 16, 1893

“But,’ say some, ‘it was changed from the seventh to the first day.’ Where? When? And by whom? No man can tell. No; it never was changed, nor could it be, unless creation was to be gone through again: for the reason assigned must be changed before the observance, or respect to the reason, can it be changed! It is all old wives’ fables to talk of the change of the Sabbath from the seventh to the first day. If it be changed, it was that august personage changed it who changes times and laws ex officio—I think his name is Doctor Antichrist."

Alexander Campbell, The Christian Baptist, February 2, 1824, Vol. 1, No. 7, 164

“But, the moral law contained in the ten commandments, and enforced by the prophets, He (Christ) did not take away. It was not the design of His coming to revoke any part of this. This is a law which never can be broken. … Every part of this law must remain in force upon all mankind, and in all ages; as not depending either on time or place, or any other circumstances liable to change, but on the nature of God and the nature of man, and their unchangeable relation to each other."

John Wesley, The Works of the Rev. John Wesley, AM., ed. (New York: Eaton & Mains), Sermon 25, Vol. 1, 221

“The Sabbath is a part of the Decalogue—the ten commandments. This alone forever settles the question as to the perpetuity of the institution. … Until, therefore, it can be shown that the whole moral law has been repealed, the Sabbath will stand. … The teaching of Christ confirms the perpetuity of the Sabbath."

T.C. Blake. D.D., Theology Condensed, 474, 475

“For example, nowhere in the Bible do we find that Christ or the Apostles ordered that the Sabbath be changed from Saturday to Sunday. We have the commandment of God given to Moses to keep holy the Sabbath day, that is the 7th day of the week, Saturday. Today most Christians keep Sunday because it has been revealed to us by the [Roman Catholic] church outside the Bible.”

Catholic Virginian, October 3, 1947, 9, article “To Tell You the Truth.”

“The Christian Sabbath [Sunday] is not in the Scriptures, and was not by the primitive Church called the Sabbath.”

Timothy Dwight, Theology: Explained and Defended (1823), Sermon 107, Vol. 3, 258

“Reason and sense demand the acceptance of one or the other of these alternatives: either Protestantism and the keeping holy of Saturday, or Catholicity and the keeping holy of Sunday. Compromise is impossible.”

John Cardinal Gibbons, The Catholic Mirror, December 23, 1893

“Sunday is a Catholic institution, and… can be defended only on Catholic principles… From beginning to end of Scripture there is not a single passage that warrants the transfer of weekly public worship from the last day of the week to the first."

Catholic Press, August 25, 1900