Who Changed the Sabbath day from Saturday to Sunday?

Thunderian

Superstar
Which version of Bible did you get those headings from? I agree with headings in the NKJV which is the version of Bible I read the most and their headings are right when you read the subject matter under the headings.

The headings of Matthew 24 are:

Jesus Predicts the Destruction of the Temple
The Signs of the Times and the End of the Age
The Great Tribulation
The Coming of the Son of Man
The Parable of the Fig Tree
No One Knows the Day or Hour
The Faithful Servant and the Evil Servant

You do not want the truth of the Bible do you? Its got to do with your doctrine of Zionism which is not biblical at all. Your Zionism permeates all your biblical theology and you refuse to accept God's Word over it. You want your version of truth to fit in with your Zionist doctrine not the other way round. I have shown you with scripture after scripture what the abomination of desolations is from God's Word, how it is completely in harmony with God's Word too. But you insist that the Jews are chosen and no matter how many times they reject God, He will forgive them whether they are repentant or not and they will go to heaven because they are more special than those of us who are not Jews. God treats all of us the same. Whether we are Jews or Gentiles. He does not do favouritism. He chose the Jews for a purpose not because they are more special than other people in the world. He also does not compromise with sin either no matter how much He loves us. With the Jews as a people, God was patient with them but could not force them to believe in Jesus. And that is what is going on with the world today. He is being patient and giving us chance after chance but probation will soon close like it did for Jews and that will be it. This is biblical.

Also your false doctrine is making you reject whole parts of the Bible. So you're going to promptly ignore all the parts of the Bible which tell us of God's dealing with the Jews throughout history, the prophecies about them losing their status as God's people and Jesus and the apostles words about what happened to Israel. Because you have to to continue to believe in your false doctrine you're even using scripture out of context. Your doctrine has completely twisted the Word of God. And you don't seem to also to study the Bible they way it ought to be. That is why I posted that long response to you to show you that we have to read what other parts of the Bible say on a similar topic in order to understand.

I'm not going to go round in circles with you over this subject because it always ends up with you defending a false doctrine that is contrary to the Word of God. I pray that God opens your heart and you accept His truths not yours. God bless.

Matthew 3:9, "and do not think to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones."

Romans 2:28-29, "For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God."

Galatians 3:29, "And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise."

Explain. These. Verses.

And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.

phipps

Star
Spiritual blindness hides the truth of God.

Generally, the problem is not that the Bible is all that difficult to understand. Rather, those who read it find much of what it says hard to accept, so they interpret it in a manner that is acceptable to them-more compatible with their own views.

Why this self delusion?
The problem is twofold. God tells us: "“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts" (Isaiah 55:8-9).

Why is this so? Primarily because God's thoughts and ways are based on love-concern for others (Matthew 22:36-40). As humans however, we are fundamentally self-centred; we first think of ourselves.

Our natural tendency is to deceive ourselves so we can serve our own selfish interests. Jeremiah 17:9 points out that our "heart" -our basic human motivation and reasoning- "is decietful above all things", it leads us into self -deception. We need to recognise in our selves this common characteristic of human nature and be willing to change it so God can transform us. We need a new way of thinking, a new heart and mind.

Our thinking must be changed by God's Spirit so our interests will be focused outward, enabling us to love others as we love ourselves. Commending Timothy's loving concern for others, Paul wrote, "For I have no one like-minded, who will sincerely care for your state. For all seek their own, not the things which are of Christ Jesus" (Philippians 2:20-21).

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Satan's blinding role

Another major reason people get confused and misinterpret the Bible is Satan's influence. "whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them" (2 Corinthians 4:4). Isaiah compares this blindness to a "veil that is spread over all nations" (Isaiah 25:7).

Satan misleads humanity by inciting prejudice against biblical principles. To some extent he has, at one time or another, succeeded in deceiving all of us (Revelation 12:9). God's Word warns us that Satan's influence is so pervasive that the "the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one" (1 John5:19).

The combination of deception and prejudice against God's ways has warped the spiritual character of mankind. "There is none righteous, no, not one," wrote Paul, and "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:10, 23).

Paul explains that all have "walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others" (Ephesians 2:1-3).

This may shock you, but its true. We have been blinded and deceived by Satan's pervasive influence. We need to repent, abandon our personal prejudices and accept the authority of the Bible. We must begin to read it with understanding.

Tragically, someone who is deceived doesn't know he or she is deceived. The Bible describes people's prejudices agaisnt God's truth as a hardening of their hearts. "having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart" (Ephesians 4:18).

Their understanding is hindered by the hardness of their hearts. That is why Jesus Christ told His followers, "He answered and said to them, “Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given" (Matthew 13:11). Jesus knew that all but a handful of people could not really understand the significance of His message-and so it remains today.

Jesus Christ reveals why people become hard-hearted. When faced with truths that do not fit their prejudices, they shut their ears and close their eyes. They harden their hearts by choosing not to understand matters that are contrary to their own opinions.

Jesus clearly explains this: "And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says: ‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand, And seeing you will see and not perceive; For the hearts of this people have grown dull. Their ears are hard of hearing, And their eyes they have closed, Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, So that I should heal them’" (Matthew 13:14-15).

Jesus explained Satan's deceptive role in nurturing this blindness: "When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart" (verse 19). Satan acts quickly to mislead and confuse those who are inclined to hear the truth by influencing them to harden their hearts and refuse to listen.

phipps

Star
Only God can heal spiritual blindness

It is extremely difficult for many people, especially those with strong religious convictions, to acknowledge that they may not correctly understand much of the Bible.

Our tendency is to cling to what we have first learned. We tend to be prejudiced toward anything that would attempt to correct our own views. Becoming a true disciple of Jesus Christ begins with repentance-recognising where we are wrong and changing our beliefs and behaviour. But, before we can repent, God must open our minds. He must grant us spiritual understanding of our prejudices, sins and other weaknesses.

Jesus said, "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him" and "“Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father”" (John 6: 44, 65). We need God's help in changing our hearts.

We all, to some extent, tend to be righteous in our own eyes. We naturally assume that our own ways are good and fair. The writers of the Bible, however, knew better. They warn us, for example, that "There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death" (Proverbs 14:12). Just because we believe something is right doesn't mean it is right.

Even our ideas and beliefs appear right and good to us, we should be willing to re-examine them in the light of the Scriptures. Unless we carefully compare our beliefs to God's revelation in the Bible, we risk allowing unrecognised assumptions to harden our hearts and blind us to the truth.

When comparing our beliefs, with the Scriptures, we should keep these human tendencies in mind. Our inclination toward self-deception, coupled with Satan's pervasive, deceptive influence through the world around us, is a major barrier to our understanding the Bible. It is all too easy to read our personal beliefs into God's Word and overlook biblical truths that challenge, and can correct, our own ideas.

phipps

Star
Blindness obscures meaning

This was the problem of many of the people in Paul's time. They thought they understood the Scriptures; they believed they were living by them. In reality, however, they were deceived by their own preconceived notions. Paul explains that "But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ. But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart. Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away" (2 Corinthians 3:14-16).

Paul is describing normal, sincere but spiritually blinded religious people of his day who regularly heard the reading of the Holy Scriptures. They closed their eyes to passages that pointed to Jesus as the Messiah. Why? They blocked them from their minds because that knowledge was unacceptable to them. Their prejudices controlled their thinking. They read the Scriptures, or listened to leaders in the synagogue read them, but they missed the point.

Their example warns us not to do the same thing. Everyone needs God's help to recognise and face contrary ways or beliefs that seem right but contradict God's Word (Proverbs 14:12). Everyone must turn to God for help to accept, understand and apply the Scriptures to his or her life.

The true Church of God is people whose minds God has opened to see their own shortcomings-their misdeeds and prejudices. Only if we are willing to repent-if we are inclined to change our innermost thoughts and attitudes as well as our actions-can we become true disciples of Jesus Christ.

When we study God's Word we should emulate David's attitude when he prayed: "Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting" (Psalms 139:23-24).

Our prejudices are usually too deep for us to root out by ourselves. Remember, Jesus said that "no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father” (John 6:65).

It takes a miracle from God for us to properly recognise some of our deeply rooted prejudices. It takes strength from our Creator for us to be willing to change them. Without His help, we could never recognise and awake from the spiritual blindness and prejudices that separate us from God.

Knowing how God enables people to overcome spiritual blindness and come to Christ-as repentant and committed Christians-is key to understanding how God's Word distinguishes those who are people of God to those who remain spiritually blind.

Last edited:

Israel08

What Paul was talking about is the weekly Sabbath rest also points to the eternal rest that God is preparing for the redeemed. That rest was typified by entering into the promised land for ancient Israel. Spiritual Israel looks forward to the promise of a new earth.

"There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His."
This is talking about just as God rested from Creation so do God's people who rest on the Sabbath. On the Sabbath we should experience a physical and spiritual rest.

Labouring for rest sounds like a contradiction, but really that’s what’s happening as we prepare for the Sabbath. We’re investing additional labour so that we might enjoy the rest of the Sabbath. Its sort of like when we are going on holiday. We need to prepare to to go on holiday. A little extra work and preparation will help us enjoy the holiday more.The Bible calls the day Jesus died preparation day (Friday). It was the day Jews made preparations for the Sabbath, so that they would not have to worry about certain things on the Sabbath and just concentrate and rest their minds from the cares and thoughts of the week. In order for us to really enjoy the release and peace that God has designed for this blessed day we must labour to enter that rest.

I don't know about a perpetual Sabbath of the New covenant. I know that there is contentment/rest that we get when we have a deep relationship with Jesus. No matter what we go through nothing can take that happiness away. Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:28-30). That kind of rest only comes from God.

God’s moral law that represents His character which includes the Sabbath law is not Old covenant. Jesus fulfilled the obligation of the law of the Ten Commandments by His perfect obedience to its precepts while He was here on earth. The law of Ten Commandments did not change, nor was it done away with. The same law is still to be found in the New Testament and those who follow Christ must continue to live by this law.
The Sabbath was a type of our rest in Christ. This is what Hebrews 3 and 4 is talking about. That rest is available now and one enters by resting from their own works and relying on the bread from heaven, Yeshua. Faith in Yeshua is how we enter sabbath and as the writer to the Hebrews says;
(8 For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken of another day later on. 9 So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, 10 for whoever has entered God's rest has also rested from his works as God did from his.
11 Let us therefore strive to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by the same sort of disobedience).
I believe that Sabbath is totally fulfilled in Yeshua and that the whole picture of resting from work and relying on God to provide bread was a type of our rest in Yeshua. He is our promised land and baptism is our river Jordan.

phipps

Star
The Sabbath was a type of our rest in Christ. This is what Hebrews 3 and 4 is talking about. That rest is available now and one enters by resting from their own works and relying on the bread from heaven, Yeshua. Faith in Yeshua is how we enter sabbath and as the writer to the Hebrews says;
(8 For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken of another day later on. 9 So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, 10 for whoever has entered God's rest has also rested from his works as God did from his.
11 Let us therefore strive to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by the same sort of disobedience).
I believe that Sabbath is totally fulfilled in Yeshua and that the whole picture of resting from work and relying on God to provide bread was a type of our rest in Yeshua. He is our promised land and baptism is our river Jordan.
I don't understand what you mean here.

Israel08

I don't understand what you mean here.
I will try and explain.
I am sure you are aware of the "Feasts of Israel" or "God's appointed times" and how these were all prophetically types and shadows of a future work that Christ would do and fulfill. In Leviticus 23 where the Lord gave Moses the feasts and the exact way they should be observed, the list begins with Sabbath.
Sabbath was also prophetically foreshadowing a work that Christ would do and only he could do. He is the bread that came down from heaven (John 6:51), He is the heavenly manna. Six days they people where to go out and labor themselves to collect the manna (Exodus 42:21) but on the 7th the Sabbath they had to rest and rely on the manna they had collected the previous day prophetically pointing forward to the sabbath rest we can have in Christ, the bread of life. We can only enter into this sabbath rest by ceasing from our own work and relying on Him (John 6:27). This is exactly what the writer to the Hebrews is saying (Hebrews 4:3). Believing faith in Yeshua is how one enters God's rest and this is not of any work we can do (Eph 2:8-10). The final absolute fulfillment will be the "New heaven's and the new earth" when all our enemies have been conquered and we shall inherit the land promised. This is what Canaan was a type of but the people had hardened their hearts and were not willing to push on and receive this promised rest for they were unwilling to trust God to defeat the enemies they saw in the land.
This is how I understand it, I could be wrong please correct me if you feel that my exegesis is lacking.

phipps

Star
I will try and explain.
I am sure you are aware of the "Feasts of Israel" or "God's appointed times" and how these were all prophetically types and shadows of a future work that Christ would do and fulfill. In Leviticus 23 where the Lord gave Moses the feasts and the exact way they should be observed, the list begins with Sabbath.
Sabbath was also prophetically foreshadowing a work that Christ would do and only he could do. He is the bread that came down from heaven (John 6:51), He is the heavenly manna. Six days they people where to go out and labor themselves to collect the manna (Exodus 42:21) but on the 7th the Sabbath they had to rest and rely on the manna they had collected the previous day prophetically pointing forward to the sabbath rest we can have in Christ, the bread of life. We can only enter into this sabbath rest by ceasing from our own work and relying on Him (John 6:27). This is exactly what the writer to the Hebrews is saying (Hebrews 4:3). Believing faith in Yeshua is how one enters God's rest and this is not of any work we can do (Eph 2:8-10). The final absolute fulfillment will be the "New heaven's and the new earth" when all our enemies have been conquered and we shall inherit the land promised. This is what Canaan was a type of but the people had hardened their hearts and were not willing to push on and receive this promised rest for they were unwilling to trust God to defeat the enemies they saw in the land.
This is how I understand it, I could be wrong please correct me if you feel that my exegesis is lacking.
I get it now and I agree. Yes the ceremonial feasts pointed to Jesus. I agree that Jesus is the bread of life too represented by the Mana. I find that there is a lot of symbolism and typification to everything God tells us to do and the Sabbath is no exception. I don't think we will know and understand it all until after Jesus returns.

SquaredCircle

Established
The Catholic Church claims responsibility for the change from the seventh day to the first day Sabbath. Here is an explanation fromThe Catechism of the Catholic Church Section 2 Article 3 (1994):

"Sunday – fulfilment of the Sabbath. Sunday is expressly distinguished from the Sabbath which it follows chronologically every week; for Christians its ceremonial observance replaces that of the Sabbath..."

"The Sabbath, which represented the completion of the first creation, has been replaced by Sunday which recalls the new creation, inaugurated by the Resurrection of Christ..."

"In respecting religious liberty and the common good of all, Christians should seek recognition of Sundays and the Church’s holy days as legal holidays."

And here are various Catholic sources claiming the change was the doing of the Roman Catholic Church:

Cardinal James Gibbons, The Faith of Our Fathers (Ayers Publishing, 1978): 108:
"But you may read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, and you will not find a single line authorizing the sanctification of Sunday. The Scriptures enforce the religious observance of Saturday, a day which we never sanctify."

The Convert's Catechism of Catholic Doctrine (1957): 50:
"Q. Which is the Sabbath day?
A. Saturday is the Sabbath day.
Q. Why Do we observe Sunday instead of Saturday?
A. We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday."

Chancellor Albert Smith for Cardinal of Baltimore Archdiocese, letter dated February 10, 1920:
"If Protestants would follow the Bible, they should worship God on the Sabbath day by God is Saturday. In keeping the Sunday, they are following a law of the Catholic Church."

Stephen Keenan, Catholic—Doctrinal Catechism 3rd Edition: 174:
"Question: Have you any other way of proving the Church has power to institute festivals of precept?

"Answer: Had she not such power, she could not have done that in which all modern religionists agree with her, she could not have substituted the observance of Sunday the 1st day of the week, for the observance of Saturday the 7th day, a change for which there is no Scriptural authority.
"

Our Sunday Visitor (February 5, 1950):
"Practically everything Protestants regard as essential or important they have received from the Catholic Church... The Protestant mind does not seem to realize that in accepting the Bible and observing the Sunday, in keeping Christmas and Easter, they are accepting the authority of the spokesman for the church, the Pope."

Catholic Priest T. Enright, CSSR, lecture at Hartford, KS, Feb 18, 1884:
"I have repeatedly offered $1000 to any one who can furnish any proof from the Bible that Sunday is the day we are bound to keep...The Bible says, “Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy,” but the Catholic Church says, “No, keep the first day of the week,” and the whole world bows in obedience."

Catholic Record (September 1, 1923):
"The [Catholic] Church is above the Bible, and this transference of the Sabbath observance is proof of that fact."

Pope Leo XIII, Praeclara Gratulationis Publicae (The Reunion of Christendom), June 20, 1894: 

"We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty."

Our Sunday Visitor (April 18, 1915): 3:
"The letters inscribed in the Pope’s miter are these: VICARIUS FILLII DEI, which is the Latin for, “Vicar of the Son of God.”"

Letter from C.F. Thomas, Chancellor of Cardinal Gibbons on October 28, 1895:
"Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change was her act…And the act is a MARK of her ecclesiastical power and authority in religious matters."

Arthur Weigall, The Paganism in Our Christianity (New York: Putnam’s Sons, 1928): 145:
"The Church made a sacred day of Sunday…largely because it was the weekly festival of the sun; for it was a definite Christian policy to take over the pagan festivals endeared to the people by tradition, and to give them a Christian significance."

John A. O'Brien, The Faith of Millions: the Credentials of the Catholic Religion Revised Edition (Our Sunday Visitor Publishing, 1974): 400-401:
"But since Saturday, not Sunday, is specified in the Bible, isn't it curious that non-Catholics, who claim to take their religion directly from the Bible and not from the Church, observe Sunday instead of Saturday? Yes, of course, it is inconsistent; but this change was made about fifteen centuries before Protestantism was born, and by that time the custom was universally observed. They have continued the custom even though it rests upon the authority of the Catholic Church and not upon and explicit text in the Bible. That observance remains as a reminder of the Mother Church from which the non-Catholic sects broke away—like a boy running away from home but still carrying in his pocket a picture of his mother or a lock of her hair."

This change from Saturday to Sunday Sabbath was prophesied about in Daniel 7:25.
"And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time."

Jesus and the apostles all kept the Sabbath as the law commands us to do in Exodus 20:8-11.
Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
Saturnalia (Saturday) was a very lecherous Roman holiday ! Saturn worship! The church wanted to disassociate itself with the lewd God of knowledge and experience (Saturn )

phipps

Star
Saturnalia (Saturday) was a very lecherous Roman holiday ! Saturn worship! The church wanted to disassociate itself with the lewd God of knowledge and experience (Saturn )
Not according to my Bible. Saturday was and always will be the Sabbath for all eternity.

Last edited:

Cintra

Star
In the english speaking world the days of the week are all pagan in nature anyway.
They all pay tribute to either planetary deities, or to pagan anglo saxon gods and goddesses.

Like wednesday is odin's day. (or woden, or goden)
Thursday us Thor
Sunday is the sun
Saturday is saturn
etc.

phipps

Star
In the english speaking world the days of the week are all pagan in nature anyway.
They all pay tribute to either planetary deities, or to pagan anglo saxon gods and goddesses.

Like wednesday is odin's day. (or woden, or goden)
Thursday us Thor
Sunday is the sun
Saturday is saturn
etc.
The pagans named the days but they did not create the days. They did not create night (the first part of the day) and daylight (the second part of the day). Nor did the pagans create time. So they are just using what God had already created. What God created the days for has never changed and never will no matter what the pagans do with the days God created.

Cintra

Star
The pagans named the days but they did not create the days. They did not create night (the first part of the day) and daylight (the second part of the day). Nor did the pagans create time. So they are just using what God had already created. What God created the days for has never changed and never will no matter what the pagans do with the days God created.
But we still use the words, and everytime we say wednesday we are calling in odin/godun.

And every time we say the word god we are calling on odin/godun

But of course these are just words and their historical derivation is hardly significant.

However, if, as you say, the names of the days are meaningless, then it doesn't matter if your holy day is saturday, sunday or thursday afternoon.

phipps

Star
But we still use the words, and everytime we say wednesday we are calling in odin/godun.

And every time we say the word god we are calling on odin/godun

But of course these are just words and their historical derivation is hardly significant.

However, if, as you say, the names of the days are meaningless, then it doesn't matter if your holy day is saturday, sunday or thursday afternoon.
What matters is we do what God has asked us to do rather than what Satan set those days up for. As I said the days and time were created by God. The names of the days doesn't change what the first or second day is. The first day is always Sunday and the Seventh is always Saturday according to the Bible no matter what name you call those days. Obeying God and doing His will on those days as He intended especially the Sabbath, is more important than the names of the days. God is not so horrible that He will send people to hell for calling the days the names that is used commonly nowadays. Those who will make it to eternal life will go to heaven because they kept His commandments. Because they did His will (1 John 5:3, Matthew 7:21, Revelation 14:12).

Using the days of the names as is commonly used nowadays does not give us the excuse to disobey God does it?

Cintra

Star
What matters is we do what God has asked us to do rather than what Satan set those days up for. As I said the days and time were created by God. The names of the days doesn't change what the first or second day is. The first day is always Sunday and the Seventh is always Saturday according to the Bible no matter what name you call those days. Obeying God and doing His will on those days as He intended especially the Sabbath, is more important than the names of the days. God is not so horrible that He will send people to hell for calling the days the names that is used commonly nowadays. Those who will make it to eternal life will go to heaven because they kept His commandments. Because they did His will (1 John 5:3, Matthew 7:21, Revelation 14:12).

Using the days of the names as is commonly used nowadays does not give us the excuse to disobey God does it?
No! Monday is the first day. Sunday is the 7th, according to Christianity, because on the 7th day he rested.

Satan didn't name the days of the week. I think it was actually a combination of Roman and Anglo Saxon paganism.

I don't have a god, so obeying or disobeying doesn't really factor into it for me.
These are just linguistic curiosities that are interesting.

I just wonder how many christians know they are calling on Odin every time they say god. Because it seems quite ironic to me.