Who came first....Christ or Mithra?

i know the answer....but do you know?

anyone care to discuss this topic?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

A related question - is there within the OT indications of the nature and work of Christ on which the deception of Mithras may have drawn it's inspiration?

Jesus Explains the Prophecies

25Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: 26Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? 27And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Jesus seems to be a continuation of Mithras and the other so called christs that have existed before him each tweaked to fit the area and/or time period they were in. I've went back and forth on that but ultimately its hard for me to believe that we're supposed to pick one out of the many that have came instead of it being either all or none...

Mithra cultism predates Jesus, but the similarities were added to Jesus as he became progressively more and more mythologized.

Mit(h)ra historically, but it seemed to be a bit of a chameleon. It appears in Hinduism (appearing in the Rigveda itself), Zoroastrianism and has it's own infamous Greco-Roman Pagan mystery cult. Yet all three versions of Mit(h)ra vary considerably to the point of massive disconnect.
Whatever Mit(h)ra really was, it sure got around!

As for Jesus, meh, not particularly related in any meaningful way. Sure, tiny parallel but nothing considerably important.