Which religion is really true and which isn't?

Even if spiritual, how do you read the scripture and how do you come to a conclusion?
through Reading , Analyzing , Reasoning , Measuring and Scaling verses contained in scriptures.

A Hindu would say Krishna found my soul and drew me to himself while the Hindu scriptures are full of contradictions which proves it is not from God but men.
If you know Hindu is not from God, How is it that you do not know that The Bible is from God if you are so wise?

Todd

Star
You will never know the Truth, until you face the Truth and see man for what his nature really is....Study history of the world, or look in the mirror and say face to face, There is no God while looking straight at yourself...Even Satan knows God.
Why can't you just answer the question?

Serving Zion

I am at a point in my life where I don't know what to believe or who to follow. Every religion states it's the only true religion, I am in fear of choosing the wrong path (religion) or going to hell. What are your thoughts?
It looks like you have picked up some confusing ideas about the way the judgement works, and that has become a hurdle for you in your pursuit of faith.

I also want to say that the true religion is greater than religion itself: it is a state of spiritual sanctification, which is observable in people regardless of their religious culture. Likewise it is easily observed that there are religious people who aren't in a state of spiritual sanctification. That is the difference between the ones who are walking in the light vs the ones who are walking in the darkness.

Some people become trapped in wrong thinking because of fear - shame for confessing their error, or unwillingness to give up some benefit of a sinful lifestyle. Religion doesn't necessarily protect a person from becoming that way (indeed, if a religious person's beliefs prevent them from accepting the truth, then they are opposing God Himself: the spirit in our midst whom Jesus has named "the spirit of truth" (Matthew 18:20, John 16:13)).

So we who are spiritual recognise a person according to their spirit, not the badge they wear (John 10:16, Matthew 7:15, 2 Peter 2:1-2).

Where you are thinking that a religion is a path to heaven, it is a thinking that leads you into a trap. Even Jesus spoke of religion as a tool that makes subjects of it's followers (eg: John 10:34), yet operating within the confines of it's pre-script-ion (as adjacent to the ones who set themselves up as rulers of it - Matthew 22:15-17, John 7:45-52), He demonstrated royal command of scripture - unlike the servile mind of the religious types (eg: Mark 3:2, Mark 7:1-8).

So there is at least one thing that all religions have in common: we speculate about life after death. Another thing we all mostly have in common, is an awareness of a spiritual justice - whether God or a community of gods, it is a spiritual intelligence that is not carnally harnessed, and is powerful over humanity.

Christian philosophy, as with monotheism in general, and some representations of polythesim, show that there is a supreme God, a most resilient or powerful entity, and that there are others who may be subservient to him or opposed to him. In saying that God is spirit, we acknowledge that His spirit is uniquely His. When that knowledge is developed and we understand how it is that His spirit resides within us, we come to understand the depth of the meaning of the final judgement (Matthew 25:40 "whatever you did to even the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you were doing it to me"), then we see how there are two types of person in the world: the sons of light (1 John 1:7, Ephesians 5:8-14) vs the sons of the darkness (1 John 1:6, 1 John 3:12, John 8:44-47).

Therefore if you trust that God is good, if you know the character of Jesus Christ, if you know what justice truly looks like, you are equipped already to know whether you are of good conscience in His sight - and you will know that by the simple fact that everything in the bible does not convict you but in fact that when you read the bible it actually speaks to you in such a way as to help you grow more into the likeness of Christ. (.. assuming of course that the translation is a good one - not having deviated from the original essence).

Serving Zion

What’s been solved? What’s predetermined?
Hi Todd, I don't want to intrude or to get involved in someone else's discussion, but as I noticed this happening right now, I just wonder whether Romans 8:19-21 might be useful.

Todd

Star
Hi Todd, I don't want to intrude or to get involved in someone else's discussion, but as I noticed this happening right now, I just wonder whether Romans 8:19-21 might be useful.
Thanks but I’m good in my understanding of scripture. I’m just trying to probe what exactly Douglas is trying to say. He seems intent on deflecting to avoid answering logical and rational questions that arise due to his beliefs.

Todd

Star
I did, But your not capable of understanding the Truth.
I'm simply asking you to clarify your own words. What is the problem you said has already been solved? And what exactly has been "pre-determined"?

This is a discussion forum not a preaching forum. Why are you not willing to discuss?

I'm simply asking you to clarify your own words. What is the problem you said has already been solved? And what exactly has been "pre-determined"?

This is a discussion forum not a preaching forum. Why are you not willing to discuss?
The information I gave you was sufficient to answer all your questions. But they are Spiritually discerned. Spiritual discernment is a Gift from God (1 Corinthians chapter 12). All I can do is pray for you. (The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge)

Todd

Star
The information I gave you was sufficient to answer all your questions. But they are Spiritually discerned. Spiritual discernment is a Gift from God (1 Corinthians chapter 12). All I can do is pray for you. (The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge)
It's like talking to a doorknob...
Please don't waste your time praying for me. There are already plenty of people that pray for me, that I trust way more than you, to pray with proper discernment. I appreciate the sentiment though.

It's like talking to a doorknob...
Please don't waste your time praying for me. There are already plenty of people that pray for me, that I trust way more than you, to pray with proper discernment. I appreciate the sentiment though.
You are not suppose to trust me, you should trust in the Lord as we do.

Bible has, like Hindu scriptures, contradictions in it. So if it is from God then it must not have contradictions yet it has contradictions so it must not be from God. But we already know that God gave Moses and Jesus scriptures. how should we solve the problem then ?
There are no contradictions in Scripture.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I'm back guys, and now I'm even more confused after seeing all the responses...... :confused:o_O
You mean to say that you are surprised to have not returned to find a new fusion religion that unites polytheism with monotheism and legalism with grace, light with darkness?

I think it is unlikely we will all become Freemasons, start embracing dualism and worshiping the “Great Artchitect” as Jahbulon*

*"In Craft Freemasonry, God is the Great Architect of the Universe. The name of the Great Architect is revealed in the rite of the Holy Arch as JAHBULON. This is a composite name comprising the Hebrew God JAH (Yahweh), the Canaanite fertility deity, BUL (Baal, who had licentious rites of imitative magic), and ON (Osiris, the ancient Egyptian god of the underworld)."

Swiftturtle

Established
I’ve heard about this.
This is probably coming from Ezekiel 28:13 NKJV
“The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes was prepared for you on the day you were created,”
This verse is talking about Satan btw.

That’s right. One thing about Christianity is about having relationship 1 on 1 with Him. We feel Him. We taste Him.
I talk almost about everything to God because He is my Father! Christianity is about our intimate relationship with God. Like Father and child. That’s why the bible emphasise that a lot and Jesus taught us when we pray, we call our Father.

Our life journey and experiences will tell us a lot about God and our purposes according to His will. We will see God becomes even more real and mightier than when we first believe Him.
If you read Narnia, you know this part.

Yup and also this

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.

What is life without God and His Word?
Isn’t that incredible? That He loves us so much that He wants a relationship with us, and becomes so real. The Holy Spirit as well just astounds me. And when I try to describe it, my human self falls short, but I still try. There’s something incredible when you watch someone accept Christ and the Holy Spirit, you can even see it in their face. Nothing but Christ can do that. And the feeling of the presence of the Holy Spirit astounds me

This video is a quick 10 min bite from a Christian scholar (Ravi) that grew up in India and is regularly invited to speak in the Middle East by Islamic scholars:
I watched it upto the point he was talking about desire in the buddhist religion.
He is entirely 100% wrong. There are 2 types of desire in buddhism, Tanha/craving and Chandha/wholesome desire. The aim is to overcome tanha and attain chandha initially through right knowledge. Examples of tanha are greed, gluttony and lust.
if this guy didnt even know this, he has no business discussing religion and is out of his depth.

Swiftturtle

Established
I watched it upto the point he was talking about desire in the buddhist religion.
He is entirely 100% wrong. There are 2 types of desire in buddhism, Tanha/craving and Chandha/wholesome desire. The aim is to overcome tanha and attain chandha initially through right knowledge. Examples of tanha are greed, gluttony and lust.
if this guy didnt even know this, he has no business discussing religion and is out of his depth.
He was relating highlighting that bc it relates to the story that he was getting to...did you even get to the story, or jump ship without understanding the full context? It’s literally only a 10 minute video. The point he gets to at the end is that there are 4 things that a faith has to include without contradiction. He speaks with leaders of every religion, all over the world, usually in a discussion environment with the host religious leader and an audience of ppl that are the same religion as the host. Leaders all over the world, from numerous faiths, believe he’s well versed enough in their faith that they invite him to their country for what is usually a public discussion. If he ‘doesn’t know what he’s talking about’, and wasn’t respectful of the host while still being able to discuss Christianity, he wouldn’t be constantly invited as a guest.