When therapy doesn’t help..

Lisa

Superstar
In 2017, the government's flagship treatment scheme for people convicted in England and Wales of r*pe or child sexual abuse was scrapped after it was shown to raise the risk of reoffending. Two sex offenders have told BBC Radio 4's File on 4 programme what it was like to take part in the rehabilitation programme.

‘Deviant thoughts'
"Being in group settings, discussing serious offences and some less serious offences - because these groups were mixed - actually made prisoners worse and normalised what prisoners were doing," he says.
Rapists, murderers, child sex offenders and "flashers" were all placed together, says Paul.
"People were learning from their mistakes - they were learning from other group members how to perhaps be better sex offenders without being caught."
Ministry of Justice (MoJ) research showed 10% of men who had completed the SOTP reoffended, compared with 8% of those who had not done the programme.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-49973318

Here’s a chilling thought..”People were learning from their mistakes-they were learning from other group members to be better sex offenders without being caught.”
Or..
Sex offender: 'I've never had so many deviant thoughts'

Lisa

Superstar
I think everyone doning some mistakes in thier life they should given a channce to rehabilate themselves , the success person the one who learn from his mistakes and go ahead...
Sure but the people in this article are saying that they are getting worse not better by doing the therapy...
“actually made prisoners worse and normalised what prisoners were doing.”

sickgirl15

Established
Sure but the people in this article are saying that they are getting worse not better by doing the therapy...
“actually made prisoners worse and normalised what prisoners were doing.”
Yes, the “Toolbox Killers” actually MET each other IN PRISON (Roy Norris and Lawrence Bittaker) and bonded over both having fantasies of kidnapping, raping, and torturing young women! In fact, that is exactly what they did together when they eventually both were released! The “Toolbox Killers, in my opinion, committed the most BRUTAL, HORRENDOUS, VIOLENT, SADISTIC, and EVIL crimes against, I think approximately 3 or 4 young teenage girls until they were caught. When the two MONSTERS were in court on trial, the cassette tape that contained recordings of Norris and Bittaker verbally abusing, torturing, and raping the girls was played for jurors and the judge to hear. When people heard the sounds of (one of Norris and Bittaker’s victims) named Shirley Ledford screaming bloody murder while being tortured unmercifully by these two sick, demented, poor “excuses for men,” many ran out of the courtroom (crying, horrified, disgusted!!) I think in order for convicted rapists to have (even a slight chance) of being rehabilitated, their support group must be facilitated very strictly by the person in charge, and when the offender’s violent crimes are started to be glamorized, the counselor must refocus the participants in the group ‘s attention back to their RECOVERY. If the group of ex murderers and rapists is not controlled by the counselor, the group will definitely serve the wrong purpose, and I believe that the offenders will bond over their crimes, instead of learning ways to not re-offend, and end up back in prison again. (For those who WILL get out alive)!

morita

Veteran
Yes, the “Toolbox Killers” actually MET each other IN PRISON (Roy Norris and Lawrence Bittaker) and bonded over both having fantasies of kidnapping, raping, and torturing young women! In fact, that is exactly what they did together when they eventually both were released! The “Toolbox Killers, in my opinion, committed the most BRUTAL, HORRENDOUS, VIOLENT, SADISTIC, and EVIL crimes against, I think approximately 3 or 4 young teenage girls until they were caught. When the two MONSTERS were in court on trial, the cassette tape that contained recordings of Norris and Bittaker verbally abusing, torturing, and raping the girls was played for jurors and the judge to hear. When people heard the sounds of (one of Norris and Bittaker’s victims) named Shirley Ledford screaming bloody murder while being tortured unmercifully by these two sick, demented, poor “excuses for men,” many ran out of the courtroom (crying, horrified, disgusted!!) I think in order for convicted rapists to have (even a slight chance) of being rehabilitated, their support group must be facilitated very strictly by the person in charge, and when the offender’s violent crimes are started to be glamorized, the counselor must refocus the participants in the group ‘s attention back to their RECOVERY. If the group of ex murderers and rapists is not controlled by the counselor, the group will definitely serve the wrong purpose, and I believe that the offenders will bond over their crimes, instead of learning ways to not re-offend, and end up back in prison again. (For those who WILL get out alive)!
I think it's another case of mk-ultra seria killers.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
Gotta say this made me want to throw up after I read it!

I thought it was interesting that instead of getting better in therapy..they got worse and more perverted. I don’t know if any counselor can stop that from happening, since in counseling you have to share.

Dalit

Star
The idea that serial killers, mass shooters or sadistic murderers are in someway government controlled or designed is such a cop out. It’s just like religion applying order to a chaotic universe and causes people to turn away from the painful truth that the capacity for that kind of evil is within all of us. It’s just a matter of degrees that separates anyone from the worst kinds of monsters.
That's a profound response. The capacity for evil is within all whether one calls it sin or going to the dark side.

Vixy

Star
Yeah its DELTA assassins in a test run. Anything for the system. That's why they hear voices.

"
David Berkowitz (Son of Sam)
Hearing voices” is a phenomenon commonly attributed to both serial killers and sudden, one-off murderers. The concept has a strange, eerie fascination, and has been milked by crime novelists and the makers of film and TV thrillers for decades.
"

V2S tech.

free2018

Star
In 2017, the government's flagship treatment scheme for people convicted in England and Wales of r*pe or child sexual abuse was scrapped after it was shown to raise the risk of reoffending. Two sex offenders have told BBC Radio 4's File on 4 programme what it was like to take part in the rehabilitation programme.

‘Deviant thoughts'
"Being in group settings, discussing serious offences and some less serious offences - because these groups were mixed - actually made prisoners worse and normalised what prisoners were doing," he says.
Rapists, murderers, child sex offenders and "flashers" were all placed together, says Paul.
"People were learning from their mistakes - they were learning from other group members how to perhaps be better sex offenders without being caught."
Ministry of Justice (MoJ) research showed 10% of men who had completed the SOTP reoffended, compared with 8% of those who had not done the programme.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-49973318

Here’s a chilling thought..”People were learning from their mistakes-they were learning from other group members to be better sex offenders without being caught.”
Or..
Sex offender: 'I've never had so many deviant thoughts'
Well, capital punishment could help if applied to all one eyes-- rich or poor. Especially rich and powerful.

Lisa

Superstar
Well, capital punishment could help if applied to all one eyes-- rich or poor. Especially rich and powerful.
They say prison is punishment but don’t they always say they are trying to rehabilitate criminals? I’m sure that’s part of the rehabilitation part. Perhaps if prisons were less like free food and lodging to some it could be a deterrent, but if you’re doing some terrible things to land there in the first place, prison isn’t that big a deterrent anymore.

free2018

Star
They say prison is punishment but don’t they always say they are trying to rehabilitate criminals? I’m sure that’s part of the rehabilitation part. Perhaps if prisons were less like free food and lodging to some it could be a deterrent, but if you’re doing some terrible things to land there in the first place, prison isn’t that big a deterrent anymore.
Demons that hurt children don't deserve much. Firing squad or impaling them on stakes would be fine by me.
Stoning in the public square works too. If they are guilty, they should shuffle off this mortal coil quickly like Dahmer being set up by
the correction officers to die.

Most people incarcerated are non-violent offenders who should be in rehab-- or who are in the very least addicted to drugs or alcohol.
No one should be getting gang-raped during their sentence.
We don't know how to do rehabilitation in the US. Many prisons use inmates to build jeans and other things for private companies.
The system is broken. It's corrupt and it's trash.

Lisa

Superstar
Demons that hurt children don't deserve much. Firing squad or impaling them on stakes would be fine by me.
Stoning in the public square works too. If they are guilty, they should shuffle off this mortal coil quickly like Dahmer being set up by
the correction officers to die.

Most people incarcerated are non-violent offenders who should be in rehab-- or who are in the very least addicted to drugs or alcohol.
No one should be getting gang-raped during their sentence.
We don't know how to do rehabilitation in the US. Many prisons use inmates to build jeans and other things for private companies.
The system is broken. It's corrupt and it's trash.
I agree that we don’t really know how to do rehab in the prisons..those places are evil.
I used to be all for capital punishment..but now I’m not sure where I stand on the issue because God doesn’t want any to perish..yet of they do the crime...so I’m at an impasse on my thinking right now. I’m sure that when I need to have understanding here I’ll get it.

Vixy

Star
I know someone with avoidant personality disorder. Not diagnosed but he fits all the criteria and of course doesnt want help which they usually dont. There is no help for that right?

Lisa

Superstar
I know someone with avoidant personality disorder. Not diagnosed but he fits all the criteria and of course doesnt want help which they usually dont. There is no help for that right?
Not many people want to admit they have a problem and need help no matter what they’ve got.

free2018

Star
I agree that we don’t really know how to do rehab in the prisons..those places are evil.
I used to be all for capital punishment..but now I’m not sure where I stand on the issue because God doesn’t want any to perish..yet of they do the crime...so I’m at an impasse on my thinking right now. I’m sure that when I need to have understanding here I’ll get it.
I hear you.
I am not against capital punishment.
If you hurt children, I do not care what happens to you tbh.
The justice system is however not fair.