When Religion And Conspiracy Theories Collide.

Lisa

Superstar
I'm happy for people to believe whatever they want, as long as they keep those beliefs private between them and their God, no problem.
Why would you want them to keep those beliefs private? Do they scare you in some way? Do you keep your beliefs private as well?

Awoken2

Superstar
Why would you want them to keep those beliefs private?

Because I'm sick of having it rammed down my throat, on a conspiracy forum.

Do they scare you in some way?

Only the naivety of some of the believers, that's frightening.

Do you keep your beliefs private as well?

Yes, but I'm forever asked about my own beliefs by brainwashed bible bashers who then tell me all about the hell I'm going to.

You are the poorest advert for Christianity @Lisa I have ever seen, it's make me wonder what side you're really on.

Cintra

Star
Why would you want them to keep those beliefs private? Do they scare you in some way? Do you keep your beliefs private as well?
I feel the same.
I am not part of any known or recognised religion, any beliefs or thoughts on the subject are very personal and private, and no one would understand them but me.

Lisa

Superstar
I feel the same.
I am not part of any known or recognised religion, any beliefs or thoughts on the subject are very personal and private, and no one would understand them but me.
That people should keep their beliefs private? Or that you should?

Cintra

Star
That my personal beliefs are private.
And other people shouldn't preach at me unless I ask them too.

Its actually not about this forum. Just by coming here I expect to get preached at, therefore I don't have any complaints about it.

I was thinking of other things. JWs at the door etc.

A.J.

Star
I don’t think Christian’s main purpose is to proselytize, I believe it is to worship. And to be living witnesses. Lisa, I could see what you are doing from a mile away and I don’t think it’s effective to engage in those probing, leading questions. Let it be. Invite people to church but other than that, just be loving and kind. That’s all we can really do. Build trust, and even then our faith should be an extension, not a forced thing. I’ve been there. I’ve forced it, not only on others but even on myself. There’s lots of wrestling involved. We are clay being molded, and pounded and molded some more.

Lisa

Superstar
I don’t think Christian’s main purpose is to proselytize, I believe it is to worship. And to be living witnesses. Lisa, I could see what you are doing from a mile away and I don’t think it’s effective to engage in those probing, leading questions. Let it be. Invite people to church but other than that, just be loving and kind. That’s all we can really do. Build trust, and even then our faith should be an extension, not a forced thing. I’ve been there. I’ve forced it, not only on others but even on myself. There’s lots of wrestling involved. We are clay being molded, and pounded and molded some more.
Hi AJ..
Romans‬ ‭10:11-17‬ ‭
For the Scripture says, “WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; for “WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED.”

How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, “HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!” However, they did not all heed the good news; for Isaiah says, “LORD, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT?” So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.
‭‭

Ya, I think we are being molded by God but God also has good works for us to do too...what works do you think they could be..and wouldn’t those works be linked somehow to Jesus and salvation?

Ephesians‬ ‭2:10‬ ‭
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

Edit: Just realized I posted scripture in the general section..decided to spoiler alert them instead.‭‭

Last edited:

Tidal

Star
I'm happy for people to believe whatever they want, as long as they keep those beliefs private between them and their God, no problem.
Ah, but this is a Religion discussion thread where beliefs are bound to come up, so if you and atheists feel uncomfortable in this playpen you can always climb out..:D

Lisa

Superstar
Ah, but this is a Religion discussion thread where beliefs are bound to come up, so if you and atheists feel uncomfortable in this playpen you can always climb out..:D
He started this playpen...and put it in the general discussion section where religious discussion is frowned upon...

Awoken2

Superstar
Hey us atheists are comfortable in any playpen. I'm cool.

Tidal

Star
Hey us atheists are comfortable in any playpen. I'm cool.

Good for you mate, you started this thread by dumping a 2-hour vid in our laps but regrettably I don't have time to watch it because I prefer the Waltons- "The family rally round granma because she feels she is being edged out of her job as church organist", hmm sounds good..
However if you care to comment on specific individual points (one at a time) that the vid raises, I'd be happy to deal with them in my trademark one-shot-one-kill 'sniper' style..:cool:
As a great prophet once said-

"This is this"

A.J.

Star
Hi AJ..
Romans‬ ‭10:11-17‬ ‭
For the Scripture says, “WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; for “WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED.”

How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, “HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!” However, they did not all heed the good news; for Isaiah says, “LORD, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT?” So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.
‭‭

Ya, I think we are being molded by God but God also has good works for us to do too...what works do you think they could be..and wouldn’t those works be linked somehow to Jesus and salvation?

Ephesians‬ ‭2:10‬ ‭
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

Edit: Just realized I posted scripture in the general section..decided to spoiler alert them instead.‭‭
I think your heart is in the right place. Maybe try to make a connection via email, text or phone without an audience. I’ve turned off as many people to faith as I’ve turned on, and not because of their hearts but probably cause of mine. I was being too self-serving in my motives. I’m not saying you are......

Tidal

Star
He started this playpen...and put it in the general discussion section where religious discussion is frowned upon...
Ah, but he put the word 'Religion' in the thread title which makes him fair game as a target for all us bible-bashers and other assorted cultist freakos..:p

Awoken2

Superstar
Ah, but he put the word 'Religion' in the thread title which makes him fair game as a target for all us bible-bashers and assorted cultist freakos..:p
What about all the thread titles without the word religion in that Lisa comes crashing into like a bible wielding autistic toddler? Shall we talk about them for a minute?

And how many memes do you have? Is this gonna take long? I think meme artists have their.own thread going.....you'd be very popular there I'm sure.

Lisa

Superstar
Ah, but he put the word 'Religion' in the thread title which makes him fair game as a target for all us bible-bashers and other assorted cultist freakos..:p
Well, he did single me out in the beginning...he secretly loves me or something...lol!

Lisa

Superstar
I think your heart is in the right place. Maybe try to make a connection via email, text or phone without an audience. I’ve turned off as many people to faith as I’ve turned on, and not because of their hearts but probably cause of mine. I was being too self-serving in my motives. I’m not saying you are......
Thanks for saying that, I really appreciate you saying my heart is in the right place. The thing is, I don’t think about the audience..I am talking to the person I’m talking to here and not playing to any crowd.

One never knows what they do or say that will help in the cause...I used to teach Sunday school and the classes that I thought were the best didn’t seem to bear much fruit...however the 2 classes I remember that I thought were so bad and seriously thought about quilting. One child from each class accepted Jesus as savior...so you never really know how God is working in people’s lives and what your contribution really is..at least that’s how I think of it.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
I really don't spend any of my time thinking about that type of stuff to be honest Frank. So many people over countless years have spent so much time pondering over the very same question so I just don't see the point. I don't discount it but again I don't believe in it either, just because I 'm supposed to.

I think I just frame my personal beliefs on things I have seen evidence or proof of.

I can just put this down to nature myself.

I think this a personal choice for every individual to make. I'm happy for people to believe whatever they want, as long as they keep those beliefs private between them and their God, no problem.
I appreciate your candid response and respect your personal choices. I myself am a seeker of truth, even when it comes to my spiritual beliefs. Since I was a child, I've had a built in desire to draw back the curtain on pretty much everything. Even if it makes me uncomfortable and question what I thought I was sure of. I believe knowledge and truth trump dogma and blind faith.

Personally I'm not a fan of organized religion or TV preachers. My parents divorced when I was 9. I was so distraught. I wrote a letter to a TV preacher requesting that he pray that my parents got back together. He sent a letter back saying that he prayed but that his ministry needed money. The letters requesting money just kept on coming and coming...my dad was furious. That was my first introduction to the so called "holy men" behind Jesus.