When Is The Wedding Of Jesus Christ And His Church?

Thunderian

Superstar
Ok but I commented according to one of the post is that a problem ? Or is the fact it contradicts some of the beliefs the problem? Either way I digress.
If you were responding to a post it wasn't apparent.

And you aren't contradicting my beliefs, so that's not a problem. The final destination of believers is not Heaven, but that's not the subject of this thread, and that's all I was pointing out.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
What is my connection to the OT ? It's the word of God, His prophets, and where He spoke. That's all the connection I need lol.

Again please don't confuse me with the Jews who say they are Jews or what's considered a Jew today. There is no connection what so ever.

Anyway no comment on the scriptures I posted ?
Ok but I commented according to one of the post is that a problem ? Or is the fact it contradicts some of the beliefs the problem? Either way I digress.
It's just a question of starting points - an Atheist might have popped in to tell us we were not going to get married to a spaghetti monster (they seem to like that image) - we could divert and discuss with them why we don't worship pasta based deities, but it wouldn't shed much light on main the question we were looking at ;-)

Yahda

Veteran
If you were responding to a post it wasn't apparent.

And you aren't contradicting my beliefs, so that's not a problem. The final destination of believers is not Heaven, but that's not the subject of this thread, and that's all I was pointing out.

I was only trying to help. I see an exchange going on about a feast taking place in heaven and I simply pointed out the fact there is no going to heaven so that's probably not the case.

Sorry if I stepped on any toes. I'll fall back.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I think there are a variety of key images that appear in scripture and in order to get the correct interpretation we need to identify properly who they are. These include the Bride, the wedding guests, the friends of the Bridegroom etc etc. Assigning any of these to the wrong group leads to missing the point entirely.

Breaking the message down properly requires sone study and precision, and of course, as various people have different starting points, conclusions here may have a reasonable chance of getting a bit muddled up.

It might be worth identifying each "member of the cast" and seeing what scriptural support there is for that interpretation before bringing them all together and making sense of it all?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I was only trying to help. I see an exchange going on about a feast taking place in heaven and I simply pointed out the fact there is no going to heaven so that's probably not the case.

Hey - don't apologise - as far as I see it we end up with a New Heaven and a New Earth. A pretrib perspective would put the Church in Heaven, during the 7 years of Jacobs Trouble, before returning with Jesus to defeat the forces of satan. We would then find ourselves in the Millennium with the Don of David ruling the nations from Jerusalem. (You see, I do read your posts ;-)

If it was totally straightforward no-one would have differences of opinion about these things...

Yahda

Veteran
O well. I'm glad I didn't post the scriptures in reference to God being the husband. No need to mention that Holy union. O the bigamy it would be up in here. Lol.

Thunderian

Superstar
I think there are a variety of key images that appear in scripture and in order to get the correct interpretation we need to identify properly who they are. These include the Bride, the wedding guests, the friends of the Bridegroom etc etc. Assigning any of these to the wrong group leads to missing the point entirely.

Breaking the message down properly requires sone study and precision, and of course, as various people have different starting points, conclusions here may have a reasonable chance of getting a bit muddled up.

It might be worth identifying each "member of the cast" and seeing what scriptural support there is for that interpretation before bringing them all together and making sense of it all?
I like this idea. I have some running around to do today but I will try and contribute to this tonight.

Damien50

Star
O well. I'm glad I didn't post the scriptures in reference to God being the husband. No need to mention that Holy union. O the bigamy it would be up in here. Lol.
Hmm God being the father and husband of Israel?

Christians seem to believe that SOS references the coming marriage of Christ and the church, Muslims think it's about Muhammad.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

@Yahda - I've just come out of the Gym and I've been feeling terrible for being a 'smart alec' as us Brits would say.

Sorry!

If I were debating with Jehovah's Witnesses or Hare Krishnas I doubt I would be respectful of their beliefs (just being honest here) so why should I expect you to be respectful of mine... I will try to answer your questions even if they deviate a bit from the main topic!

Yahda

Veteran
@Yahda - I've just come out of the Gym and I've been feeling terrible for being a 'smart alec' as us Brits would say.

Sorry!

If I were debating with Jehovah's Witnesses or Hare Krishnas I doubt I would be respectful of their beliefs (just being honest here) so why should I expect you to be respectful of mine... I will try to answer your questions even if they deviate a bit from the main topic!

I didn't disrespect you did I ? I don't think I necessarily asked a question either ? I was simply adding to the topic so I thought.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Isaiah 54

5For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

John 1

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Yahda

Veteran
Isaiah 54

5For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

John 1

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Proverbs 8

Does not wisdom cry out and understanding put forth HER voice

SHE stand in the top of high places......SHE crieth at the gate

V22 The Lord produced me as the beginning of his way. The earliest of his achievements of long ago

From ancient time I was installed

From start time earlier than the earth

When there was no deep water I was brought forth......

Before the mountains were set in place, before the hills, when he had not yet made the earth......when he prepared the heavens I was there.....

When he established the foundations of the earth then I was beside him as a master worker

I was the one he was especially fond of day by day......"

This is one of the reasons I only follow the OT. Too many contradictions in the NT against the old. I think we have covered 3 so far in the past hour.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@Yahda - I see the point you are trying to support here but I think wisdom is personified here as a metaphor. I don't read gender as having importance. Many other proverbs are lyrical and packed with these sort of images which add to the richness if their meaning. I don't think wisdom is a girl though... (No offense to wise girls intended btw!)

Yahda

Veteran
@Yahda - I see the point you are trying to support here but I think wisdom is personified here as a metaphor. I don't read gender as having importance. Many other proverbs are lyrical and packed with these sort of images which add to the richness if their meaning. I don't think wisdom is a girl though... (No offense to wise girls intended btw!)
In this instance I hoping more that you could see the point as to who or what was said to be there in the beginning.

I choose to obey the voice of The Lord and what he said. As He says in the OT " LISTEN TO ME OBEY MY VOICE "

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
In this instance I hoping more that you could see the point as to who or what was said to be there in the beginning.

I choose to obey the voice of The Lord and what he said. As He says in the OT " LISTEN TO ME OBEY MY VOICE "
Jeremiah 51 contains a similar message...

15He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heaven by his understanding.

16When he uttereth his voice, there is a multitude of waters in the heavens; and he causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth: he maketh lightnings with rain, and bringeth forth the wind out of his treasures.

In John 1, the Greek word 'Logos' is used the "Word"

Question: "What is the Logos?"

Answer:
Logos is the Greek term translated as “word,” “speech,” “principle,” or “thought.” In Greek philosophy, it also referred to a universal, divine reason or the mind of God.

https://www.gotquestions.org/what-is-the-Logos.html

Yahda

Veteran
Jeremiah 51 contains a similar message...

15He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heaven by his understanding.

16When he uttereth his voice, there is a multitude of waters in the heavens; and he causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth: he maketh lightnings with rain, and bringeth forth the wind out of his treasures.

In John 1, the Greek word 'Logos' is used the "Word"

Question: "What is the Logos?"

Answer:
Logos is the Greek term translated as “word,” “speech,” “principle,” or “thought.” In Greek philosophy, it also referred to a universal, divine reason or the mind of God.

https://www.gotquestions.org/what-is-the-Logos.html
That sounds about correct. Wisdom, words etc etc....and to turn your words back on you in regard to wisdom being referred to in feminine principle.....definitely far from being the UNMENTIONED, he or an actual savior person man who die for sins....even according to your logic.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
That sounds about correct. Wisdom, words etc etc....and to turn your words back on you in regard to wisdom being referred to in feminine principle.....definitely far from being the UNMENTIONED, he or an actual savior person who die for sins....even according to you.
I'm sorry for being slow on the uptake here but from where I stand I don't see the contradictions that you do...

Christ in the OT concealed, in the NT revealed...

P.s. I don't know if you ever read or watched The Lord of the Rings, but it was written in three parts over a period of time. The Fellowship of the Ring and the Two Towers were great, but given their final and fullest meaning in The Return of the King...

Perhaps you get my point - I listen to the OT a lot, and as I study the Bible as a whole, I may even spend more time in it than the new.

When you get the chance, re-read the story of Joseph and consider the pattern of Jesus that it contains. Once you start to notice, the message begins to come together.

Signing off for the night now, but I'm happy to pick up again another day...

Last edited:

Yahda

Veteran
[QUOTE

Christ in the OT concealed, in the NT revealed...[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to be rude but only in typical Christian fashion. As I always say.....when you squint your eyes, tilt your head back, hold it under fluorescent light, on a certain day of the week he's revealed in the OT. Lol

Btw and for the record God mentioned all that he loved by name from wisdom to David, to Israel....hell even Satan, and the serpent were mentioned on several occasions but no mention of the Christian savior ?

Even God says "THERE IS NO SAVIOR" flat out.... but if you squint with one eye, head tilted I guess there could be.

What do you have to say in response to God saying THERE IS NO SAVIOR ? I'm just curious?