When Atheists start becoming major Communists again in the mainstream

Alanantic

Star

This screenshot is a microcosm of a much bigger worldwide sentiment, it is extremely dangerous and you should be aware of how prevalent it actually is.

Plus we have the fact that in places like China and France, this is gradually becoming actual secular law.
First off, I greatly respect your analysis and philosophical arguments in this thread.

But be of good cheer. The people who believe this have significantly lower birth-rates and are mostly an urban, middle-class phenomena. It is good to stay on gaurd and notice trends for intel.

In America I'm guessing most people who think this way are guided in their thinking by a combination of reductionist tropes of history and pop-culture (ie: "Sabrina"-tier Satanism). Their "enemy" outside their bubble is too complex to confront with words.

Tl;dr. These are shallow consoomers with a daddy-complex who eat the bugs and watch the Netflix. Not a threat as of right now, but signs to watch for. It is our job to look for signs of it leaving Reddit.
[/QUOTE]
A lot of people see religion as something holding Mankind back: old, cruel, stupid, impotent institutions to be discarded as childish things we've truly outgrown.

The Agrarian

Veteran
First off, I greatly respect your analysis and philosophical arguments in this thread.

But be of good cheer. The people who believe this have significantly lower birth-rates and are mostly an urban, middle-class phenomena. It is good to stay on gaurd and notice trends for intel.

In America I'm guessing most people who think this way are guided in their thinking by a combination of reductionist tropes of history and pop-culture (ie: "Sabrina"-tier Satanism). Their "enemy" outside their bubble is too complex to confront with words.

Tl;dr. These are shallow consoomers with a daddy-complex who eat the bugs and watch the Netflix. Not a threat as of right now, but signs to watch for. It is our job to look for signs of it leaving Reddit.
A lot of people see religion as something holding Mankind back: old, cruel, stupid, impotent institutions to be discarded as childish things we've truly outgrown.
[/QUOTE]

You troll every thread in this segment simply spouting off quotes and arguments like a dying 60's era hippie.

For someone with gray hair I would expect you to have grown past the issues with your father instead of transferring them into a pseudo-religious system. You should be nuturing grandchildren but failed and will die in a defeated heap, cursing your cosmic loniless.

The effeminate soy-smile and man-tits tell me all I need to know.

Alanantic

Star

You troll every thread in this segment simply spouting off quotes and arguments like a dying 60's era hippie.

For someone with gray hair I would expect you to have grown past the issues with your father instead of transferring them into a pseudo-religious system. You should be nuturing grandchildren but failed and will die in a defeated heap, cursing your cosmic loniless.

The effeminate soy-smile and man-tits tell me all I need to know.
[/QUOTE]
I'm just stating a truth is all. Don't kill the messenger. Hey! I was 380 lbs, broke but happy. I'm about 215, now, and I love my feminine side. :)

Wigi

Veteran
It's just r/atheism and it doesn't represent most atheists in fact even agnostics/atheists thinks that subreddit is a circle jerk for atheism bigotry where they spend all day shooting themselves in the foot at every occasion.
Like this post is a prime example of let's prove 'how moral i am' by considering that billions of people aren't even human.. validating once again the studies arguing that you're likely to have sociopathic behaviors when you're a disbeliever somehow. Funny thing is, it's mostly cultural atheism wrapped with many philosophical premises that comes from theism which they are supposedly opposed to because 'I believe in science' while science could argue that it's not rational to be a moral person and empathy is an anomaly in the animal kingdom.
You have people like Richard Dawkins, considered like the pope of militant atheists, actually unable to say if r*pe is immoral according to science.
So what makes a good person?

"But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."
Isaiah 64:6

The Agrarian

Veteran
It's just r/atheism and it doesn't represent most atheists in fact even agnostics/atheists thinks that subreddit is a circle jerk for atheism bigotry where they spend all day shooting themselves in the foot at every occasion.
Like this post is a prime example of let's prove 'how moral i am' by considering that billions of people aren't even human.. validating once again the studies arguing that you're likely to have sociopathic behaviors when you're a disbeliever somehow. Funny thing is, it's mostly cultural atheism wrapped with many philosophical premises that comes from theism which they are supposedly opposed to because 'I believe in science' while science could argue that it's not rational to be a moral person and empathy is an anomaly in the animal kingdom.
You have people like Richard Dawkins, considered like the pope of militant atheists, actually unable to say if r*pe is immoral according to science.
So what makes a good person?

"But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."
Isaiah 64:6
Brutally stated. At the end of the day, the arguement always boils down to "by what standard?"

Any honest atheist ought to outright shun questions of morality, yet man is unable to as a created being. Nihilism is the only logical outcome yet their movement cannot grasp it. Nihilism is too bleak for progressive First-World sensibilities.

Alanantic

Star
Brutally stated. At the end of the day, the arguement always boils down to "by what standard?"

Any honest atheist ought to outright shun questions of morality, yet man is unable to as a created being. Nihilism is the only logical outcome yet their movement cannot grasp it. Nihilism is too bleak for progressive First-World sensibilities.
I've got Jiminy Cricket on my shoulder. He says let your conscience be your guide. Religions and their Gods leave little else to offer.

elsbet

Superstar
The sentiment is there for a reason. Investigate that.

"You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong, then you lack empathy, not religion." – AthiestRepublic.com
Yeah... that guy lacks empathy-- he admitted as much. Sad because he is likely blaming nameless, faceless people he heard about on tv or the internet (which is the idea).

Now, he is a borderline sociopath, who thinks murder is justifiable. He does-- unless we would also like to investigate what a lobotomy (chemical or otherwise) really is.

But I would have categorized you as religious. When laypeople say religious, it is my understanding they mean you believe in something bigger than yourself-- cosmically speaking.

Do you consider yourself atheist?

But the jackass in the screenshot would probably be astounded to find out the madmen running the world, and washing his brain of reason, are religious fanatics.
---

elsbet

Superstar
I would venture to guess he got his morality from the screens. So he inputs back into the screen his fascist fantasies, f#$&king up the ether.
+5 for f'ing up the aether.

Exactly. Some say (and I agree), power over the air includes that aether. Obviously, it does.
-

elsbet

Superstar
I'm not even sure I'm human. I was born as a carbon-based lifeform, but these things are disgusting! I don't know how you all live like this...
Saving this one for posterity.

In the meantime, get a tetanus shot-- they're good for five years. That should hold you over, until you get a bit more acclimated to your "environment."

Alanantic

Star
Saving this one for posterity.

In the meantime, get a tetanus shot-- they're good for five years. That should hold you over, until you get a bit more acclimated to your "environment."
It may not be true, but I find the idea soothing...

Alanantic

Star
I should include emojis before I've finished my first cup of coffee, in the morning.

--> :D
I wonder what motivates people to post here. I was raised a Christian, felt nothing, saw ridiculous things happen to my devoted family, left the church, got into Eastern Thought, and never looked back. Now I simply want to be an interventionalist; trying to break people free from the chains of religion and get people to think for themselves. Listening to the many conversations here, and they just keep pointing back and forth to their scripture, as if their life and conscience reside there. God said this! God said that! Why can't people throw it all away and speak for themselves?

I wonder what motivates people to post here. I was raised a Christian, felt nothing, saw ridiculous things happen to my devoted family, left the church, got into Eastern Thought, and never looked back. Now I simply want to be an interventionalist; trying to break people free from the chains of religion and get people to think for themselves. Listening to the many conversations here, and they just keep pointing back and forth to their scripture, as if their life and conscience reside there. God said this! God said that! Why can't people throw it all away and speak for themselves?
There's a big difference between being raised a christian and coming to faith.

Lighten up! We're only human, born to make mistakes. We learn it in this life or the next. You can cast the first stone, if you must.
This doesn’t make sense. We’re only human yet we get reborn..how does the flesh get born again after it’s died?

"Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die." -- Buddha
Wasn’t Buddha the guy that didn’t want to interfere whilst a woman was being raped?

Apheirox

Established
Now I simply want to be an interventionalist; trying to break people free from the chains of religion and get people to think for themselves.
That´s funny - I started thinking for myself, then became a Christian.

All you seem to be doing here is constantly bashing people for being religious. What´s the point?