• Nearly every meal

• At least once a day

• Every couple days

• Once a week

• Rarely/Never

Results are only viewable after voting.

Thunderian

Superstar
This is a cool site. You check off the ingredients you have in your kitchen, and it gives a list of recipes you can make with what you have.

No more stupid thinking about what's for dinner. Let the internet tell you.

And here's a site that teaches you how to cook. :)

TaraGaia

Rookie
Do you want me to answer with the contents of my fridge listed?

Because I doubt that would be interesting ;)

I can cook. I am a vegetarian and I eat mainly home made meals. Mostly fresh produce, not so much prepackaged stuff. Though I do like the occasional frozen pizza or veggie burger.

Lisa

Superstar
This is a cool site. You check off the ingredients you have in your kitchen, and it gives a list of recipes you can make with what you have.

No more stupid thinking about what's for dinner. Let the internet tell you.

And here's a site that teaches you how to cook. :)
I like that idea because I hate to cook and eating out gets too expensive with a family. Thanks!

Edit: I just need a personal chef! :D

Last edited:

Camidria

Veteran
My husband likes something interesting every two to three days, so I have to get creative. We eat everything from Chinese hot pot, to Thai green curry to South African Bobotie and the list goes on. Luckily the plus side is that he eats lots of vegetables, so I don't have to cook every day, I can cook enough for two Lunches and one dinner :rolleyes:

Lisa

Superstar
My husband likes something interesting every two to three days, so I have to get creative. We eat everything from Chinese hot pot, to Thai green curry to South African Bobotie and the list goes on. Luckily the plus side is that he eats lots of vegetables, so I don't have to cook every day, I can cook enough for two Lunches and one dinner :rolleyes:
I bet my husband would like all those things too, but I'm the opposite, give me boring and very little seasoning and I'm happy- opposites do attract I guess-lol!

Camidria

Veteran
I bet my husband would like all those things too, but I'm the opposite, give me boring and very little seasoning and I'm happy- opposites do attract I guess-lol!
Haha! We are a funny couple when it comes to food, when we go overseas we search out a local market, find everything that looks weird but tasty and sample that!:D

Thunderian

Superstar
Do you want me to answer with the contents of my fridge listed?
Nah, it was more just a question to ask yourself.

I like that site because it seems like my wife and I end up making the same things over and over again. We broke it down the other day, and we do a fair amount of cooking, but we'll make big amounts of something and then have leftovers a few times. We both like to cook, and usually one of us will feel the urge to make something often enough that we're eating good homemade food for most meals. My wife is half Filipino and she makes her mom's recipes, and my mom taught her all HER recipes, so it's a lot of familiar stuff. It's nice to try new things.

We do hit Burger King on Wednesdays after prayer meeting for cheap Whoppers. She had never been to BK before, or had a Whopper, until last year, and now she's addicted. Gotta have that fix after church.

And we usually go for pho or order pizza at least once a week, but other than than, home-made all the way.

By the way, I was a chef for 20 years. :)

Lisa

Superstar
Haha! We are a funny couple when it comes to food, when we go overseas we search out a local market, find everything that looks weird but tasty and sample that!:D
Haha, I'm the opposite-it has to look normal :D I can see the fun in what you do though! I did try razzle berries-they were delicious, haha, that's the craziest I get! :rolleyes:

Thunderian

Superstar
My wife like to make fun of me, still, because when we started dating I had only a potato in my fridge. When you're a chef you eat at work, and when you're not working, you generally are too tired to cook.

Lisa

Superstar
What the heck is a razzle berry?
A long grape like fruit...very delicious! Wish I had bought more or better yet got a card from the farmer...but I was on vacation, haha!
I tried to upload a photo-no go, sorry. I need to take a computer class or something! :rolleyes:

Lisa

Superstar
My wife like to make fun of me, still, because when we started dating I had only a potato in my fridge. When you're a chef you eat at work, and when you're not working, you generally are too tired to cook.
I always thought chefs were tireless cooks! But that makes sense. Wish I could taste some of what you cook.

I Like watching the cooking channels and I'd like to taste those peoples food and see if they really are as delicious as they make it seem...

Lisa

Superstar
Chefs are tired cooks. That never see their families. That's why they drink. That's why I quit. :)
That's too bad, but I can understand why you quit.

I watch chopped every once in a while and the chefs that come on sometimes allude to the long hours.