What's Happening in the Aboriginal, Maori, Native & First Nations?

Sibi

Star
18 DEC 2021 - Aboriginal language educators ‘devastated’ by sacking days before Christmas

It will be a bleak holiday period for at least 30 Language Educators who will lose their livelihoods two days before Christmas after being “stood down” by the NSW Aboriginal Education Consultative Group (AECG). Shocked staff say they were sacked via zoom on 22 November when the organisation said it could no longer afford to pay them .​
“Everyone was dumbfounded. It was like none of us mattered,” Jacqui Frail told NITV News. “I’m devastated about it… It could have been done in a better way.” Ms Frail said she doesn’t believe AECG President Catherine Trindall’s reason for the termination.​
The AECG is currently contracted by the NSW Department of Education to employ educators to deliver Aboriginal language and culture lessons in schools from 2021 to 2023. “I don’t know how she can justify saying she can’t afford to pay us,” said Ms Frail.​
Blow to communities
While Ms Frail isn’t worried about her own financial security, the 61-year-old said she’s concerned about the future of young AECG employees who’ve lost their jobs. “A lot of them went and got home loans because we were guaranteed our positions for at least three years,” Ms Frail said. “I don’t know what’s going to happen to them.”​
Ms Frail has been teaching in schools across the ‎Gamilaraay, Yuwaalaraay and Yuwaalayaa language nests for the past three years. The loss of the AECG’s Aboriginal language workforce, she said, will be a blow to the community. “I feel so sorry for the community and the kids who are going to miss out on language,” Ms Frail said. “Language educators are a very important part of our culture in bringing language back.” “I feel like crying.”​
Wiradjuri man David Towney and former AECG Project Officer said he’s also devastated about the situation. “We were shamed from learning our languages for so long and now our own mob are turning on us,” Mr Towney said. “This is not the Aboriginal way of looking after our mob and our community.”​
Bridges burnt
As of today, Mr Towney is no longer an AECG employee. He was dismissed after speaking out about the organisation’s termination of language educators in a public post on Facebook. “Nothing I posted was offensive or detrimental to anyone,” Mr Towney said. “It just stated the situation, and they found that offensive.”​
Former staff have told NITV they’ve been encouraged to reapply for their jobs when the organisation has more funding next year. But Mr Towney said the bridges have already been burnt. “I don’t know who you’re going to get to come back and start teaching stuff. The cream of the crop is gone,” he said. It’s a sentiment echoed by Ms Frail.​
“Do you think all our educators are going to go back to AECG after they've treated us like this?” Ms Frail said. “The way people have been treated is not how an organisation should treat their workers who work hard and are loyal to them.” Ms Frail said none of the language educators have received written notice of termination.​
“There’s no paper trail to say that we were stood down which is very unprofessional in my view.” According to the Fair Work Act 2009, employees are required to provide written notice of termination regardless of award, agreement or contract. The NSW AECG declined to comment. NITV understands a number of former AECG staff are planning to take legal action.​

New Zealand -

BeginQuote/

HER MAJESTY QUEEN IN RIGHT OF NEW ZEALAND CORPORATION SEC CIK #0000216105 is a rogue entity operating under Roman Civil Law; it has not been granted authority to speak for, represent, indebt, enslave, steal, harm or otherwise obligate this nation known as New Zealand or its people.

It is attempting to stand and to "represent", bribing groups with fiat money to get a man-date, in the face of our Nation being in Session at Waitangi and our international suv’eran government, our unincorporated Charters, The Crown of the Mauri Nation being in operation in international and global jurisdiction.

EndQuote/

Source-
https://www.mauricrown.org/press-releases/public-notice-to-the-world

Sibi

Star
I agree they are the most ignored. I remember Trump meeting with one of the nations on TV and said he would help them with Covid treatment. They also have a huge problem with missing and murdered women.