What would you do if you had Jeff bezos’s $$$

A Freeman

Superstar
Its a hypothetical situation..you don’t know what you really will do until you find yourself in that situation...everyone thinks they will be so benevolent but when it comes down to it...ya never know.
Agreed, which is why it's an ego-driven exercise. Like the song "If I were king for just one day...".

Genesis 6:5 And "I AM" saw that the wickedness of man [was] great in the earth, and [that] every imagination of the thoughts of his heart [was] only evil continually.

Buy my family and I a house, help my other family members if they're in need, put money in my bank account, and of course shop for things.

Perhaps I'd still have much money left, so I would end up creating a daily routine of giving money to people who need it more than me. Yes, shopping is pleasurable when finding items you really really want. Me? Nah, I'm about to make peoples lives happy giving them money that they'll hopefully spend on important things via human needs, not wants.

Plus, in these times, I'd be too scared to spoil myself because I don't want to end up being materialistic, that would bring me away from God. While giving money to those who need it, I'd tell them, "Please spend this more on the important human things you need, please don't be selfish or foolish with this money I'm giving you." However, as soon as I give them money, of course they can do whatever they want, it's theirs after all, but just an important side note to notice,,

Lurker

Star
To the OP, IDK. Me and mine would be set of course.

Fund independent media.
Support returning troops. Not that I agree with foreign policy, but the soldiers deserve better.
Buy a compound for VCer's.
Fund restoring felon rights.
Fund animal shelters.

It's a start.
addendum:
Buy a local nursery. Change it to mostly organic fruit & veg. small selection of ornamentals. Sell at or below cost,
Start/fund food banks that don't take federal money.
Hire a food wagon to go around feeding the homeless. Two in Lisa's town.
Dedicate a park bench to my wife for her to use while she's alive.
Fund Marineland (FL). Return it to its former glory.

More thought to come.

A Freeman

Superstar
Food for thought...

The problem with the world today is that people think money is the solution to all of our problems. It isn't.

Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and materialism.

There's an old saying attributed to the Cree Indians which likewise seems instructive:-

When all of the trees are cut down;
When all of the rivers and lakes are polluted;
When all of the fish have been caught from the sea;
Only then will you realize that money cannot be eaten.

If, instead of focusing on money/materialism, which is destroying the Earth, we look to our Creator for His Guidance (which is free), we could ensure that everyone on planet Earth has everything they NEED, including everlasting joy beyond anything that Jeff Bezos could ever imagine.

Returning to our Creator's Law would ELIMINATE poverty (Deut. 15:4).
Returning to our Creator's Law would ELIMINATE the crime that poverty causes.
Returning to our Creator's Law would ELIMINATE cancer, heart-attacks and the rest of the "diseases of Egypt" (Deut. 28).
Returning to our Creator's Law would ELIMINATE injustice, created by all of this unlawful man-made legislation (Deut. 4:2, 12:32).
Returning to our Creator's Law would ELIMINATE oppression under man-made corporate governments and businesses.
Returning to our Creator's Law would ELIMINATE the destruction of the basic, family unit (Lev. 18-20).
Returning to our Creator's Law would ELIMINATE the environmental destruction that this Babylonian market system driven "throw it away" society is causing (Rev. 11:18).

These are just a few of the many amazing things that we could accomplish TOGETHER, with the most powerful FORCE in all of creation: LOVE (NOT money). God IS Love.

Lurker

Star
Food for thought...

The problem with the world today is that people think money is the solution to all of our problems. It isn't.

Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and materialism.

There's an old saying attributed to the Cree Indians which likewise seems instructive:-

When all of the trees are cut down;
When all of the rivers and lakes are polluted;
When all of the fish have been caught from the sea;
Only then will you realize that money cannot be eaten.

If, instead of focusing on money/materialism, which is destroying the Earth, we look to our Creator for His Guidance (which is free), we could ensure that everyone on planet Earth has everything they NEED, including everlasting joy beyond anything that Jeff Bezos could ever imagine.

Returning to our Creator's Law would ELIMINATE poverty (Deut. 15:4).
Returning to our Creator's Law would ELIMINATE the crime that poverty causes.
Returning to our Creator's Law would ELIMINATE cancer, heart-attacks and the rest of the "diseases of Egypt" (Deut. 28).
Returning to our Creator's Law would ELIMINATE injustice, created by all of this unlawful man-made legislation (Deut. 4:2, 12:32).
Returning to our Creator's Law would ELIMINATE oppression under man-made corporate governments and businesses.
Returning to our Creator's Law would ELIMINATE the destruction of the basic, family unit (Lev. 18-20).
Returning to our Creator's Law would ELIMINATE the environmental destruction that this Babylonian market system driven "throw it away" society is causing (Rev. 11:18).

These are just a few of the many amazing things that we could accomplish TOGETHER, with the most powerful FORCE in all of creation: LOVE (NOT money). God IS Love.
I suppose you could use the money to buy bibles for every man, woman and child.

Cintra

Star
This thread was about the OPPOSITE of the worship of money. I created it because I literally cannot understand having so much money and doing nothing useful with it. No one needs that much money. It’s greedy. Greed is cancer.
Yes! Sorry, the thread had drifted.

I know I made a joke about drugs and alcohol, but really, I would try and do something good with it. make the world better.

With millions of dollars the options are infinite. The sums we are talking about would fund everything, building toilets in Africa, a homeless shelter in your own town, dozens of donkey sanctuaries, and much much more.
You could do it all.

I'd like to get a load of land and plant trees all over it.

In rl you just have to do what you can, when you see a problem, and as need arises. Just as your husband did.

Cintra

Star
Actually...sin is no laughing matter.
I wasn't laughing about that. I was laughing because I knew you would post and say something like that.

It was such a 'Lisa' thing to say. It made me smile.

It would have been a smile like this :) but there isn't one?

You made me smile, and I was telling you that.
It's a good thing.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
Yes! Sorry, the thread had drifted.

I know I made a joke about drugs and alcohol, but really, I would try and do something good with it. make the world better.

With millions of dollars the options are infinite. The sums we are talking about would fund everything, building toilets in Africa, a homeless shelter in your own town, dozens of donkey sanctuaries, and much much more.
You could do it all.

I'd like to get a load of land and plant trees all over it.

In rl you just have to do what you can, when you see a problem, and as need arises. Just as your husband did.
I find it interesting that the big plot of land keeps coming up in different ways. It is one of the first things on my list as well.

Cintra

Star
I find it interesting that the big plot of land keeps coming up in different ways. It is one of the first things on my list as well.
I think that's because in order to help as we want, we need to be able to act freely.

It's no good me planting a load of trees if the owner of the land can just cut them down to grow some monocrop.

starss

Rookie
Buy my family and I a house, help my other family members if they're in need, put money in my bank account, and of course shop for things.

Perhaps I'd still have much money left, so I would end up creating a daily routine of giving money to people who need it more than me. Yes, shopping is pleasurable when finding items you really really want. Me? Nah, I'm about to make peoples lives happy giving them money that they'll hopefully spend on important things via human needs, not wants.

Plus, in these times, I'd be too scared to spoil myself because I don't want to end up being materialistic, that would bring me away from God. While giving money to those who need it, I'd tell them, "Please spend this more on the important human things you need, please don't be selfish or foolish with this money I'm giving you." However, as soon as I give them money, of course they can do whatever they want, it's theirs after all, but just an important side note to notice,,
I 100% agree with this, exactly what I was going to say xD

justjess

Superstar
I think that's because in order to help as we want, we need to be able to act freely.

It's no good me planting a load of trees if the owner of the land can just cut them down to grow some monocrop.
I would buy a farm and donate the surplus to food banks.

There are also lots of ginormous tracks of unimproved lands listed on land watch for sale - forests and such... if buy up a whole bunch of them so they stayed that way.

A Freeman

Superstar
I suppose you could use the money to buy bibles for every man, woman and child.
Doesn't virtually everyone already have access to the Bible for free now?
So, burning in Hell isn't enough, He's gotta speed up the process? GMAFB
If by "He" you mean God, then you have it exactly backwards.

The Law provides us with an easy-to-follow set of instructions to AVOID sickness/illness/disease. But people, in their sinful, evil nature, arrogantly assume they know more than God and disregard His Law and then wonder why they're sick.

One very small example of this is The Perfect Healthy Diet, which is part of The Law. We've been COMMANDED not to eat unclean animals, e.g. the pig, because the pig was designed to be part of the planetary waste management system. That's why swine flesh is literally crawling with over 20 different parasitic worms, to help decompose it as quickly as possible when it dies, after a life of eating any slop/garbage it can get its mouth on.

And then people wonder why they're having heart-attacks and strokes, after ignorantly stuffing their faces with these filthy creatures.

We have spent Jeff Bezos entire net worth many times over since 1950 on modern medicine, and have yet to reduce the odds of contracting cancer. That alone should tell everyone that we are going about this in the WRONG way and that money will NOT solve this problem.

Sin is actually what’s wrong with the world..just saying.
Yes it is Lisa. And what is sin? It is breaking The Law that God gave us (1 John 3:4). And one of those sins is COVETING our neighbors possessions, which is why it's impossible to serve both God (and His Law) and mammon/greed/materialism (which is sinful, and leads to theft).

Cintra

Star
I would buy a farm and donate the surplus to food banks.

There are also lots of ginormous tracks of unimproved lands listed on land watch for sale - forests and such... if buy up a whole bunch of them so they stayed that way.
That sounds like an excellent idea.

Help feed people, and help to preserve the world we all live in, and the clean air we all want to breath.