What would you do if you had Jeff bezos’s $$$

Cintra

Star
I did mean it the way it came across...I think the man was getting Jess’ husband to stop so he could ask for money..not because he needed the time. She even said the guys was surprised to get the watch...he didn’t need it.
We are all one bad decision away from standing on a street hoping that someone will help us.

I do think that you are being rather judgemental here.
Against both the homeless guy and Justjess's husband.

A person in need and a person who wants to help.
Bit like the parable of the Good Samaritan really.

Lisa

Superstar
We are all one bad decision away from standing on a street hoping that someone will help us.

I do think that you are being rather judgemental here.
Against both the homeless guy and Justjess's husband.

A person in need and a person who wants to help.
Bit like the parable of the Good Samaritan really.
I’d rather be realistic. I doubt the guy really needed the time but it worked to get a handout from Jess’ husband and he gets a useless watch too.

Right, but the Good Samaritan went above and beyond and didn’t just give the guy a watch he couldn’t use or a meal..he took him in and get him back on his feet. Maybe Jess and her husband could’ve invited the guy home and got him back on his feet? Now that would be helpful...

justjess

Superstar
I did mean it the way it came across...I think the man was getting Jess’ husband to stop so he could ask for money..not because he needed the time. She even said the guys was surprised to get the watch...he didn’t need it.
Being surprised to get something doesn’t mean you don’t need it. I was surprised when I inherited money from my grandma. I definately needed it. I was surprised when I was approved for student loans. I definately needed them. I was surprised when my neighbors left me a Christmas gift, I didn’t need it but it definately brought a smile to my face and improved my feelings towards the human population.

He didn’t ask for money. I already told you that.

My husband has a habit of emptying his pockets whenever he sees someone who has less then him. It’s part of the reason I love him enough to have waited for a felon over a decade... he has the biggest most generous heart I’ve ever encountered. He’s given people the coat of his back, sneakers, money... he sells boilers at cost to the elderly on fixed incomes. He barely charged a family the other day because they had little kids and he couldn’t leave them cold.

Lisa

Superstar
My husband has a habit of emptying his pockets whenever he sees someone who has less then him. It’s part of the reason I love him enough to have waited for a felon over a decade... he has the biggest most generous heart I’ve ever encountered. He’s given people the coat of his back, sneakers, money... he sells boilers at cost to the elderly on fixed incomes. He barely charged a family the other day because they had little kids and he couldn’t leave them cold.
Could be why you’re always struggling for money? Just an obserservation....

justjess

Superstar
Lol... thank you Lisa for proving to the people of the forum that true evil exists. I’m sure youve done more for the cause of recruiting people to god by being truly your horrible self than you ever will accomplish proselytizing with a heart as black as yours.

I’d rather be a poor decent person then sitting on stacks of money ignoring the needs of those less fortunate then I am. That was pretty much the whole point of this thread

Haich

Superstar
I think her husband is actually incredible to sacrifice his wages to ensure the safety and warmth of those less fortunate.

Didn't you have money struggles when you were going through your separation? You mentioned you had to work as the court commanded you to so why didn't you just pray, Lisa? Why did you work? Where was your faith in God, hey?

Haich

Superstar
Right, but the Good Samaritan went above and beyond and didn’t just give the guy a watch he couldn’t use or a meal..he took him in and get him back on his feet. Maybe Jess and her husband could’ve invited the guy home and got him back on his feet? Now that would be helpful..
Why do you advise people to do things you yourself wouldn't do?

Would you have invited him in until he got back on his feet?

justjess

Superstar

Lisa wouldn’t have even got the guy a cheeseburger at McDonald’s for $1 and wants to throw shade at me and my family for helping HOW WE CAN, WHENEVER WE CAN. Which is a whole shit load more then she would ever do.

Lisa

Superstar
Are you an ant?
Yep.

I think her husband is actually incredible to sacrifice his wages to ensure the safety and warmth of those less fortunate.
It could have helped his own family though...

Someone mentioned the Good Samaritan..I think it was cintra..I was telling the tale of the Good Samiritan.

I have my Good Samaritan moments.

Lisa wouldn’t have even got the guy a cheeseburger at McDonald’s for $1 and wants to throw shade at me and my family for helping HOW WE CAN, WHENEVER WE CAN. Which is a whole shit load more then she would ever do.
See, now you don’t know that at all. I don’t think I will ever be able to understand how giving a homeless person a watch is helping them..but I guess your husband will spend money that you may or may not have to get another or go without..because he doesn’t need to be aware of the time?

Haich

Superstar
Someone mentioned the Good Samaritan..I think it was cintra..I was telling the tale of the Good Samiritan
You said it would've been better to take the guy in until he got back on his feet. I asked if you would do the same as you were proposing.

So what's the answer?

Lisa

Superstar
Could you give me some examples, just genuinely curious as to what you do as a Christian for those who are less fortunate or just generally need a hand.
No, that’s between me and God.

You said it would've been better to take the guy in until he got back on his feet. I asked if you would do the same as you were proposing.

So what's the answer?
And I said that I was just telling cintra about what the Good Samaritan did and if Jess wanted to be like the Good Samaritan that’s what she could have done...and that’s all I meant by it. Nothing more.

justjess

Superstar
Yep.

It could have helped his own family though...

Someone mentioned the Good Samaritan..I think it was cintra..I was telling the tale of the Good Samiritan.

I have my Good Samaritan moments.

See, now you don’t know that at all. I don’t think I will ever be able to understand how giving a homeless person a watch is helping them..but I guess your husband will spend money that you may or may not have to get another or go without..because he doesn’t need to be aware of the time?
Again. Your an idiot.

Me and my family are FINE. Struggling with money isn’t the same thing as being not fine or my husband putting us in some sort of precarious position because he bought someone a sandwich. I do things similar to him, though less often. As I said earlier it is something we try to live by because we believe - and Jesus says - it is the right thing.

How is giving someone a watch - his personal possession - harming my family?

justjess

Superstar
I do know you won’t give someone a cheeseburger Lisa. You’ve made it entirely clear. You don’t believe in soup kitchens or homeless shelters or food stamps. Why would u give someone a cheeseburger if you truly believe “handouts” destroy people?

Lisa

Superstar
I do know you won’t give someone a cheeseburger Lisa. You’ve made it entirely clear. You don’t believe in soup kitchens or homeless shelters or food stamps. Why would u give someone a cheeseburger if you truly believe “handouts” destroy people?
Who said handouts destroy people..I just don’t think that helps them a whole lot..they are still homeless.

Again. Your an idiot.

Me and my family are FINE. Struggling with money isn’t the same thing as being not fine or my husband putting us in some sort of precarious position because he bought someone a sandwich. I do things similar to him, though less often. As I said earlier it is something we try to live by because we believe - and Jesus says - it is the right thing.

How is giving someone a watch - his personal possession - harming my family?
Well you said he sometimes does more than give someone a sandwich..and now he’s out a watch...so either you’ll have to spend money to replace it or go without right? I don’t see how smart that was on either end..the giver or the givee.

So, you follow Jesus now? I thought you only did these things because of karma?

Cintra

Star
I’d rather be realistic. I doubt the guy really needed the time but it worked to get a handout from Jess’ husband and he gets a useless watch too.

Right, but the Good Samaritan went above and beyond and didn’t just give the guy a watch he couldn’t use or a meal..he took him in and get him back on his feet. Maybe Jess and her husband could’ve invited the guy home and got him back on his feet? Now that would be helpful...
As in the parable of the widow's mite, you give what you can.

Cintra

Star
Karma = Galatians 6.7

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.