What Woke You Up To Your Health?

Devine

Star
Here's where I lost faith in modern medicine:
I was 17 and had a tooth infection. I had the dentist trying to give my antibiotics and my dad warning me to NOT take their antibiotics. Dentist says the infection could spread to my brain and kill me. I was so confused what to do!
Then my aunt loaned me a little syringe thingy that shoots water into your gums. I shot water into the area and a big chunk of old green food popped out. all was better.
i just sat there and thought WTF a GD dentist can't even get a chunk of food out and wants to give me antibiotics what damn good are they?? :)

free2018

Star
If I'm honest, I've always known to some extent how health, diet and exercise make a difference.
The dark side of food I've known about since birth-- really. Knowledge does not mean you do the right thing. I ate whatever for many years and then I slowly wanted a bit better and a bit better.
The best thing I can say that I've done for my health was stopping drink. The rest is better than it was, but my diet is a work in process.

Maes17

Superstar
I've noticed a lot since cutting out soda and alcohol.

My body weight is easily manageble. I tend to lose weight easily if I over do cardio. But I'm also one that I can hover around a certain weight without feeling uncomfortable/unhealthy.

I haven't suffered any major sickness. Had a cold a few weeks ago which was more of an annoyance.

I'm also tolerant of extreme temps. I've done yard work in the summer in a hoodie and thick pants and I can wear light maneuverable layers in the cold.

I'm under the belief a clean or at least semi clean diet is the body's best friend

Vixy

Star
I've noticed a lot since cutting out soda and alcohol.

My body weight is easily manageble. I tend to lose weight easily if I over do cardio. But I'm also one that I can hover around a certain weight without feeling uncomfortable/unhealthy.

I haven't suffered any major sickness. Had a cold a few weeks ago which was more of an annoyance.

I'm also tolerant of extreme temps. I've done yard work in the summer in a hoodie and thick pants and I can wear light maneuverable layers in the cold.

I'm under the belief a clean or at least semi clean diet is the body's best friend
Oh you're certanly on to something here! People get surprised when they hear my age (40+) since they guess 25. So I tell them, the secret is mineral water and the gym. And I'm sick but still looking younger. But I quit soda back in the early 00's and when I tried some after a few weeks off of it, I was appalled of how unnecessarily sweet it tasted. Ugh!

Maes17

Superstar
Oh you're certanly on to something here! People get surprised when they hear my age (40+) since they guess 25. So I tell them, the secret is mineral water and the gym. And I'm sick but still looking younger. But I quit soda back in the early 00's and when I tried some after a few weeks off of it, I was appalled of how unnecessarily sweet it tasted. Ugh!
I cannot do soda at all. I gave up soda my senior year of high school(2006/2007).

Drank a coca cola last christmas. Not even half the can. Same with alcohol. I went on a beer binge a few years ago due to stress of starting out in life as a dad, hubby and responsibilities. But now? No. I can't drink alcohol at all.

My skin and immunity has improved a ton

Masked crusader7

Established
well i watch alot of anime back then and now. a years back i saw motoko kusanagi being ripped muscles and i thought i need to get healthy i saw this in the old ghost in the shell movie old one better one.

Masked crusader7

Established
use spices alot ginger on most things reaserch it plus satan and his children replace a lot of good info on how to really get healthy first its serveing god really its always serving god first AMEN

polymoog

Superstar
yup every night i try to eat one apple.a apple a day keeps the docter and bills away lol
the last thing you should be eating at night is something with sugar in it.
have some yogurt or cheese before going to bed if you want to help your teeth.