What Woke You Up To Your Health?

polymoog

Superstar
oh, good topic!

here is what did it for me:

i had just recently gone to the asian supermarket and found a toothpaste with a super-high amount of fluoride in it, thinking it was better. chucked it immediately. then, i went through most of the videos on wide eye cinema (its no longer a website-- i think theres a blog of it, though) and watched everything i could. a big one was this one:

I grew up on cereal, as many americans I suppose - and now my health has suffered because of it.

It hapened gradually for about ten years but then the big thing for me were the comment sections to Dr. Mercola's article (I would click his articles reas the summary and jump to the comments) and from there I started following Mike Adams site but what really turned it all around for me and clued me into the Big Pharma/ medical complex was watching "the truth about Cancer" doc series from Ty Bolinger...

Etagloc

Superstar
I grew up on cereal, as many americans I suppose - and now my health has suffered because of it.

It hapened gradually for about ten years but then the big thing for me were the comment sections to Dr. Mercola's article (I would click his articles reas the summary and jump to the comments) and from there I started following Mike Adams site but what really turned it all around for me and clued me into the Big Pharma/ medical complex was watching "the truth about Cancer" doc series from Ty Bolinger...

not cereal :(

here I thought it was good for you!

Violette

Star
When I was in nursing school I realized that people are living longer but the quality of life is so poor. I also think my aunt's chemo killed her faster than her cancer would have, it destroyed her so quickly. Preventive health is key to avoiding health complications down the road, so I make great efforts to take care of myself now. The human body is pretty impressive honestly. When you take care of it it takes care of you ;)
I know some adults that don't drink water at all because they don't like the taste lol

umphreak

Established
When I saw what hfcs and hydrogenated oil look like:
"Good oils are liquids at room temperature" "Canola oil is a good oil" - I could write a page about why this is terrible advice. Some liquid oils are good, but most are awful.

"Lard is saturated fat" - Actually lard has more monounsaturated fat than saturated fat. Monounsaturated fat is the same fat that's in olive oil and avocado oil.

At least he did correctly point out that most vegetable oils are delicate and should not be exposed to heat or light!

I like how his "animal fat" is all shredded up and nasty looking. He purposely made it look as bad as possible.

The HFCS and hydrogenated oil were gross though.

Maes17

Superstar
What woke me up?
My dad's near coma experience with diabetes, and the fact I was drinking cases of beer every week for three years.

I kinda fell into a depression when I found out I had a pilonidal sinus.

Away from beer, I've been an ok eater.
But the constant drinking packed on some serious weight, I'd assume kept my blood thin enough to where my sinus was draining(ick!)....on/off battle

Fast forward to December 2016. My dad gets admitted into the emergency room with real high blood sugar levels. Long story short. My dad and I clean up our diets, we feel great and make weekly treks to the gym.

My energy levels, general happiness and health are great. So gonna do my hardest to maintain this level

polymoog

Superstar
maes17, when did you learn about the GMOs, fluoride, and other stuff? what made you dig deeper? (or have you started to dig deeper yet? no judgement here-- everyone learns in their own time.)

Maes17

Superstar
maes17, when did you learn about the GMOs, fluoride, and other stuff? what made you dig deeper? (or have you started to dig deeper yet? no judgement here-- everyone learns in their own time.)
I'm still learning and adjusting to non-gmo foods, flouride. My whole digging deeper journey started mainly with the conspiracies within the entertainment industry(2012), I've branched out to other facets of life.

A hard choice to make, but emotionally, physically, mentally a ton better

Damien50

Star
I finished high school at 140lbs at 5'9 and less than two years later I was 220lbs. Started lifting and found out about everything and then found out why my entire family was fat and riddled with diseases.

A doctor that frequented Alex Jones's was helpful in speaking about diet and the interplay of genetics and epigenetic reactions.

umphreak

Established
I had somewhat of a health crisis at the age of 22. I had taken a nutrition course at a community college and believed I was knowledgable about nutrition, and I changed my diet based on what I learned there. I thought I was doing everything right. Over the next two years, my health worsened dramatically, and I ended up doing a ton of research to figure out what the heck was going on. I ended up discovering that pretty much everything I had been taught was wrong, and that there's abundant scientific evidence that it's wrong. There is so much propaganda out there, in both mainstream and alternative health circles. Fortunately I was able to reverse most of the damage. The human body is amazing!

Devine

Star
oh, good topic!

here is what did it for me:

i had just recently gone to the asian supermarket and found a toothpaste with a super-high amount of fluoride in it, thinking it was better. chucked it immediately. then, i went through most of the videos on wide eye cinema (its no longer a website-- i think theres a blog of it, though) and watched everything i could. a big one was this one:

LOL at the high flouride...reminds me when i was a little kid, i'd look at a package of "food" and have a feeling like, the more ingredients the better

Devine

Star
I had somewhat of a health crisis at the age of 22. I had taken a nutrition course at a community college and believed I was knowledgable about nutrition, and I changed my diet based on what I learned there. I thought I was doing everything right. Over the next two years, my health worsened dramatically, and I ended up doing a ton of research to figure out what the heck was going on. I ended up discovering that pretty much everything I had been taught was wrong, and that there's abundant scientific evidence that it's wrong. There is so much propaganda out there, in both mainstream and alternative health circles. Fortunately I was able to reverse most of the damage. The human body is amazing!
WOW what a story they fucked you up with their bad health advice huh

Devine

Star
me too the water and it is INSANE. but some of my fam sleeps with the TV on too :)
yes the body is more intelligent than we could ever perceive if you just LEAVE IT ALONE it'll do you right!
The main thing i see in modern medicine is cockiness. they think they know more and can conquer nature. the AUDACITY
When I was in nursing school I realized that people are living longer but the quality of life is so poor. I also think my aunt's chemo killed her faster than her cancer would have, it destroyed her so quickly. Preventive health is key to avoiding health complications down the road, so I make great efforts to take care of myself now. The human body is pretty impressive honestly. When you take care of it it takes care of you ;)
I know some adults that don't drink water at all because they don't like the taste lol

Devine

Star
"Good oils are liquids at room temperature" "Canola oil is a good oil" - I could write a page about why this is terrible advice. Some liquid oils are good, but most are awful.

"Lard is saturated fat" - Actually lard has more monounsaturated fat than saturated fat. Monounsaturated fat is the same fat that's in olive oil and avocado oil.

At least he did correctly point out that most vegetable oils are delicate and should not be exposed to heat or light!

I like how his "animal fat" is all shredded up and nasty looking. He purposely made it look as bad as possible.

The HFCS and hydrogenated oil were gross though.
oh wow i didn't go back and listen! i just remembered when he showed those two :)

Devine

Star
What woke me up?
My dad's near coma experience with diabetes, and the fact I was drinking cases of beer every week for three years.

I kinda fell into a depression when I found out I had a pilonidal sinus.

Away from beer, I've been an ok eater.
But the constant drinking packed on some serious weight, I'd assume kept my blood thin enough to where my sinus was draining(ick!)....on/off battle

Fast forward to December 2016. My dad gets admitted into the emergency room with real high blood sugar levels. Long story short. My dad and I clean up our diets, we feel great and make weekly treks to the gym.

My energy levels, general happiness and health are great. So gonna do my hardest to maintain this level
that's great!

Maes17

Superstar
that's great!
Yeah!

Having a blast with the workouts and dieting. It helps to have a wife who steers me towards more healthier choices. With a 5 year old son, we do try to look into gmo's and stick to organic.

Sometimes, we settle for some foods to be found at the bigger brand stores.

But overall, feeling really awesome.