What The Hell Is Wrong With People?

Dan

Veteran
In London there is no emotion, no reaction, no answer to questions, no NOTHING.

And when you QUESTION it, they threaten you with the police!

How the FUCK do I live in an environment like this?

Dan

Veteran
Ever considered that you're the problem?
Maybe part of it. But arguing in a reasonable manner does not warrant people threatening you with police. I am surrounded by sociopaths.

Maes17

Superstar

It's like that everywhere.
Surround yourself with things you like, etc.

I used to bad mouth where I live too. Having traveled different states during vacations, I found places are a lot more alike than different.

Dan

Veteran
It's like that everywhere.
Surround yourself with things you like, etc.

I used to bad mouth where I live too. Having traveled different states during vacations, I found places are a lot more alike than different.
There is nothing in London I like except the greenery. All else is shit.

Maes17

Superstar
There is nothing in London I like except the greenery. All else is shit.
No like minded folk in your area?
Any chance to get away and enjoy the greenery in your area without feeling provoked?

Throw on some earbuds, jam some heavy metal and go enjoy the greenery. Some stuff is just out of our power to control, but you can choose your happiness even if the outside is a bit fucked up

Dan

Veteran
No like minded folk in your area?
Any chance to get away and enjoy the greenery in your area without feeling provoked?

Throw on some earbuds, jam some heavy metal and go enjoy the greenery. Some stuff is just out of our power to control, but you can choose your happiness even if the outside is a bit fucked up
I know NOBODY. How the fuck do you even make friends? Everything looks like an attack to me. Paranoid, probably, through years of isolation and drink.

Maes17

Superstar
I know NOBODY. How the fuck do you even make friends? Everything looks like an attack to me. Paranoid, probably, through years of isolation and drink.
You gotta find a way to mingle with people.

Hit up spots like book shops, cafe's, music stores. Shit doesn't happen right away, but at least you'll see interaction

Dan

Veteran
You gotta find a way to mingle with people.

Hit up spots like book shops, cafe's, music stores. Shit doesn't happen right away, but at least you'll see interaction
Everybody goes away from me, in spite of deodorant and smart clothing. They sense the evil.

rainerann

Star
Maybe try reading a book. It slows down the committee that seems to be working overtime in your head right now. Everyone does this, just sometimes we forget that everyone has a day where they don't seem to be able to control their thoughts and their thoughts start to control them.

Reading, and if you have some herbal supplement or prescription to help you calm down and focus your thoughts on something else. Sometimes the mind just needs a way to break the cycle and you will feel a little better.

Reading also helps you consider different outcomes. Sometimes everything seems like things are only going one way, but life can really go in many different directions.

I like old books personally. New ones are just as bad as watching TV sometimes.

Dan

Veteran
Maybe try reading a book. It slows down the committee that seems to be working overtime in your head right now. Everyone does this, just sometimes we forget that everyone has a day where they don't seem to be able to control their thoughts and their thoughts start to control them.

Reading, and if you have some herbal supplement or prescription to help you calm down and focus your thoughts on something else. Sometimes the mind just needs a way to break the cycle and you will feel a little better.

Reading also helps you consider different outcomes. Sometimes everything seems like things are only going one way, but life can really go in many different directions.

I like old books personally. New ones are just as bad as watching TV sometimes.
I read, maybe not enough, though. They are literally people in print. Too much time breeds evil thoughts in my twisted brain. I write things down, sometimes. Maybe not enough again. Thanks for the kind response. I usually expect hate from every one.

JoChris

Superstar

The thing with getting people to talk with you is that it is a two way street. There has to be an unwritten consent for personal interactions. You can't force anyone to have a pleasant conversation with you. I am sure you would hate it if someone else invaded your personal space.

JoChris

Superstar
Everybody goes away from me, in spite of deodorant and smart clothing. They sense the evil.
I have found when I am very down that people steer clear of me, and they KNOW me! People have a very strong self-protection instinct.
If you believe they can sense actual *evil*, then you know you have to cut down, perhaps entirely any very ugly entertainment sources that you are indulging in.
I went through a time when I read very horrible books. I am not pro-censorship overall, but there are some books that are x-rated (in a sense spiritually) and should be avoided like the plague by the vast majority of people. I know they affected me deeply since I am a sensitive person.

rainerann

Star
I read, maybe not enough, though. They are literally people in print. Too much time breeds evil thoughts in my twisted brain. I write things down, sometimes. Maybe not enough again. Thanks for the kind response. I usually expect hate from every one.
Well if you prefer writing to reading, then I would suggest finding a way to focus your writing more. This might help writing be more a more effective release. Journaling is good, but if you are only writing down things you want to complain about, this doesn't help change your thinking.

For example, there is a difference between writing your complaint and finding a metaphor for this complaint you have. If you find a metaphor to a complaint, you have a poem. If you are just complaining, then there is nothing you can take away from it.

Most people understand the need to complain, but having a focus is a way for other people to enjoy your insight into this shared experience.

There are a lot of journal exercise suggestions online or even a writing class in a style that you would like to learn. I like freeform poetry, but one of the things I would like to do is find a way to modernize an old metre that would have been used in poetry in another time period.

Learning a different writing style, or poetry style might also give you a new way to communicate with people.

JoChris

Superstar
Do you have any famous people you highly respect who have good biographies, or read any inspirational books of people who have come from terrible circumstances and still made good from evil?
TEDtalks has quite a few stories of that variety.
https://www.youtube.com/user/TEDtalksDirector