What the Bible teaches about the God Head.

phipps

Star
I will use the word Godhead instead of Trinity because Trinity is not used in the Bible.

According to the Bible there is one God that comprises of three co-eternal Persons. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. God is immortal, all-powerful, all-knowing, above all, and ever present. He is infinite and beyond human comprehension, yet known through His self-revelation. He is forever worthy of worship, adoration, and service by the whole creation.

Deuteronomy 6:4, "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one!"

Isaiah 44:6, 8, “Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel, And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: ‘I am the First and I am the Last;

Besides Me there is no God. ... Do not fear, nor be afraid; Have I not told you from that time, and declared it? You are My witnesses. Is there a God besides Me? Indeed there is no other Rock; I know not one.’ ”

Matthew 28:19, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."

2 Corinthians 13:14, "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen."

Ephesians 4:4-6, "There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all."

1 Peter 1:2, "elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ."

1 Timothy 1:17, "Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen."

Revelation 14:7, "saying with a loud voice, “Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.”

It’s impossible to wrap our finite minds around this infinite concept. How does the doctrine of the Godhead work? How can there be one God, but three Persons?

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Three-in-Oneness.

“But wait,” someone says. “If the Bible teaches that there is only one God, then how can God be composed of three persons?” Scripture unequivocally declares that there is only one God. For more than 3,000 years, Jews have repeated Deuteronomy 6:4, “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord.” This sacred passage is called the shema (named after the Hebrew for its first word) and has been held in high esteem and memorized by devout Jews for centuries.

Isaiah records the testimony of God concerning Himself. “Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. … Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any” (Isaiah 44:6, 8). Jesus also taught about “the only true God” (John 17:3) and Paul wrote, “There is one God” (1 Timothy 2:5).

While most believers agree with this core truth, a heated debate over its deeper implication has raged throughout church history. Does this mean that there is one person who has three different titles? Or are there three separate persons who mysteriously morph into one being? Is Jesus merely a good man, a creation to redeem us, and only the Father is God? Still others hold that the Father and Son are indeed God but the Holy Spirit is only the impersonal force that does their bidding. Each of these conflicting ideas has attracted its loyal followers. But are they based in the Bible?

In the Bible God refers to Himself both as “He” and “Us.” In the Old Testament the plural form of one of the nouns for God (’elohim) is quantitative: “Let Us make man in Our image” (Genesis 1:26; 11:7). Isaiah, in vision, hears the Lord: “Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?” (Isaiah 6:8). Elohim is used more than 2,700 times in the Old Testament. This means that inspired authors preferred to use Elohim about 10 times more than the singular form “El” when they described God. Even in the Old Testament book of Daniel, we see a picture of the Father and the Son as two separate Persons. “I was watching in the night visions, And behold, One like the Son of Man, Coming with the clouds of heaven! He came to the Ancient of Days, And they brought Him near before Him” (Daniel 7:13). The Son of man, Jesus, is seen coming before the Ancient of Days—who is, obviously, God the Father.

The New Testament writings are sprinkled with this concept of one God with three united, fully divine persons. The apostle Paul wrote that there were three divine Persons: “There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all” (Ephesians 4:4-6).

Paul frequently referred to the three separate Persons of the Godhead. “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all” (2 Corinthians 13:14). “How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?” (Hebrews 9:14).

Revelation opens by introducing the three Persons of the Godhead. “From the seven Spirits who are before His throne, and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever” (Revelation 1:4-6).

In addition, we clearly see three distinct Persons at the baptism of Jesus. “And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased” (Matthew 3:16-17).

This was not a clever act of holy smoke and mirrors, but rather a regal reunion revealing the truth of the Godhead. And on top of this, it is through the shared authority of these three Persons that we are commissioned to baptise. “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost” (Matthew 28:19).

So the three divine Persons of the Godhead are often linked together. At the baptism of Jesus three divine persons are present. Jesus links His miracles to the Spirit of God’s power (Matthew 12:28). Because of the Great Commission, new disciples are baptized in the singular “name” of the three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Last edited:

A Freeman

Superstar
The word "Satan" is Hebrew and means "the Opposer". Everything that Satan promotes and cons others into spreading are LIES, including the satanic and totally unscriptural "trinity", which is not only a LIE, but BLASPHEMY.

The reason the word "trinity" doesn't appear anywhere in Scripture is simple: THERE IS NO TRINITY.

Three does NOT equal one, nor does one equal three, nor is God made up of multiple persons or personalities, nor does it EVER tell us in Scripture that God is some 3=1 nonsensical deity.

We KNOW that God is ONE and that there is ONE God, and ONE GOD ONLY.

Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The "I AM" our God [is] ONE "I AM":

Mark 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The First of all the Commandments [is], Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is ONE Lord:

The Godhead has been very simply and accurately described, so that even a child can understand it: GOD, OUR HEAVENLY FATHER, IS THE HEAD OF ALL, INCLUDING THE HEAD OF CHRIST, WHOM GOD CREATED.

1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman [is] the man; and THE HEAD OF CHRIST [IS] GOD.

The above is from the Apostle Paul, in his first letter to the Corinthians. Every Disciple of Christ KNOWS there is no "trinity", i.e. no 3=1 or 1=3 nonsense, just as Paul did. The pagan "trinity" was created by the Roman Catholic church and spread through its harlot daughters (Protestantism). Every Old Testament/Covenant Prophet KNEW this to be true as well, which is why David called Christ his Lord, and called God his "Lord's LORD".

Psalm 110:1 <A Psalm of David.> THE LORD (the "I AM") said unto my Lord (Christ), Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

This is exactly why Christ, through the mouth of Jesus, made it crystal clear that He (Christ) is NOT God, but answers to God, Who is His Father and His (Christ's) God. In fact, Christ said that He is POWERLESS to do anything without God.

John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come [again] unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for MY FATHER IS GREATER THAN I.

John 5:30 I CAN OF MINE OWN SELF DO NOTHING: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the Will of the Father which hath sent me.

Matthew 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, MY God (1), MY God (2), why hast Thou forsaken me? (Eno. 89:20; Psalm 22; Isaiah 52:13-54:1; Sura 4:157-8.)

John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and [to] MY GOD (3), AND YOUR GOD.

Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in The Temple of MY GOD (4), and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of MY GOD (5), and the name of the city of MY GOD (6), [which is] New Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from MY GOD (7): and [I will write upon him] my NEW name.

That's SEVEN times that Christ plainly stated that Father IS His God.

There are HUNDREDS of verses, including the ones above, that make it crystal clear that the "trinity" is an IMPOSSIBLE PAGAN DOCTRINE.

The Godhead, according to God's Word, is GOD THE FATHER IS THE HEAD OF ALL, INCLUDING CHRIST.

This is also why there is no reference to "God the Son" or "God the Holy Spirit" in Scripture. Christ (which means "the Anointed One", i.e. the one Chosen by God to be Anointed), the Spirit-Being/Angel of THE LORD (the "I AM"), is referred to as the Son OF God.

Anyone who teaches differently is a LIAR, and the truth is NOT in them.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and ALL LIARS, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with Fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Unity or Quantity?

Most of the confusion regarding the number of Persons composing the Godhead springs from a simple misunderstanding of the word “one.” Simply put, “one” in the Bible does not always mean numerical quantity. Depending on the Scripture, “one” can often mean unity.

We see this principle established very early in Scripture. In Genesis 2:24 man and woman are to become one in marriage (echad), a union of two separate entities, “Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.” “One flesh” here does not mean that a married couple melt into one human after their wedding, but rather they are to be united into one family. Jesus prayed that the apostles would be one, saying, “And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one” (John 17:22-23).

We need to keep in mind that when Moses said, “The Lord is one,” Israel was surrounded with polytheistic nations that worshipped many gods that were constantly involved in petty bickering and rivalry (Deuteronomy 6:4), whereas the God who created is composed of three separate Persons who are perfectly united in their mission of saving and sustaining their creatures. As the Spirit is executing the will of both the Father and Son, it is His will also.

“For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one(1 John 5:7). Granted, it is a brain exercise to grasp that one God (“He”) is also, and equally, “They.” Like one rope with three united strands, the three persons of the Father, Son, and Spirit make up the one God.

A Freeman

Superstar
Will you continue believing lies or believe and embrace the Truth?

The devil (liar)/Satan (Opposer):

One allegedly equals three, three allegedly equals one, two can allegedly equal one or three, greater than allegedly means equal to, created allegedly means uncreated, salvation allegedly doesn't require obedience to God, etc.

Satan influences human+Beings through the flesh/human, with its worldly desires for pleasure and treasure, fantasy and lies, and which (and very obviously) can NEVER please God. Why can't the flesh/human please God? Because it worships itself (looking out for "#1).

God, The King Ruler of the Universe:
One means one, two means two, three means three, greater than means greater than, equal to means equal to, created means created.

God ALWAYS says what He means and means what He says.

God influences human+Beings through the spirit-Being, which should be learning how to overcome and control the flesh/human with its worldly desires, seeking the truth and to do God's Will at all times, knowing it is in its best interest, and everyone else's best interest, to do so.

The Bible Truth that God has given us plainly teaches that GOD IS THE HEAD OF ALL, INCLUDING THE HEAD OF HIS ANOINTED ONE (CHRIST).

The First COMMANDment

The First COMMANDment is to "Love, honor and cherish God with all of our heart, mind, soul (spirit-Being) and strength, and serve Him ONLY".

It isn't a polite request, or even just good advice; it is a COMMAND from God, The King Ruler of the Universe, given to us for the benefit of everyone. And it is the FIRST Commandment, because it is the most important of the Commandments.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to obey the First Commandment whilst calling God a liar. And that's exactly what everyone who believes and promotes the pagan trinity is doing, for their master: the devil/Satan.

The ONLY Way to be ONE with God, Christ and all those striving to do God's Will is to learn to be like-minded through obedience, self-discipline and self-sacrifice for the good of everyone.

On the Last Day, any and all who cling to their pagan religious superstitions, like the "trinity" will burn for it. God says so.

And again, GOD ALWAYS SAYS WHAT HE MEANS AND MEANS WHAT HE SAYS.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Who Outranks Whom?

Let us now venture a little deeper onto sacred ground. As we consider the mysteries of the Godhead, we notice that there seems to be an order of authority concerning the three Persons in the Godhead. Keep in mind that while all three are the same in properties and attributes, and equal in power and glory, it appears that the Father is recognized as the ultimate authority. “And ye are Christ’s; and Christ is God’s” (1 Corinthians 3:23). “But I would have you know, that … the head of Christ is God” (1 Corinthians 11:3). The Son constantly receives His glory, power, throne, and prerogatives as Judge from the Father (John 3:35; John 5:22). Indeed, it was God the Father that “gave” the Son. In fact, while it might not be wrong, we are never told to pray to Jesus or the Spirit - but instead to the Father in the name of the Son. Yet just because the Father seems to have supreme authority, it does not in any way diminish from the divinity of Jesus and the Spirit. That would be like saying that a corporal is less of a soldier than a sergeant.

Among the three members of the Godhead, we do not see a clamouring for pre-eminence, vying for recognition, or revelling in power. Instead, the exact opposite is true. In fact, the Father, Son, and Spirit always seem to be trying to out give and glorify each other. The Father wants to glorify the Son. The Son lives to glorify the Father, and the Spirit lives to glorify the Father and Son:

John 17:1, 5, "Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, ... And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was."

John 16:14, "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you."

John 13:31-32, "So, when he had gone out, Jesus said, “Now the Son of Man is glorified, and God is glorified in Him. If God is glorified in Him, God will also glorify Him in Himself, and glorify Him immediately."

phipps

Star
God the Father

The Father is the first Person of the Godhead. Through Christ and the Holy Spirit, the Father is the Creator and Sustainer of all. He is just and holy, merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness. The qualities and powers exhibited in the Son and the Holy Spirit are also those of the Father.

God is the Father of all who accept Christ as their personal Saviour and obey all His commandments. Just like human parents love their children, so God loves us. But unlike our earthly parents’ love, His love is perfect. He loves you even more than your earthly parents ever could!
It’s incredible to think the God of the universe—the One who created all things—would call us His children. And yet, that’s what the Bible tells us!

1 John 3:1, “Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.”

The most outstanding attribute of the Father—which motivated the plan of salvation—is His love (John 3:16; 1 John 4:8-13, 16). His love is revealed in us if He dwells in us through the Holy Spirit (John 14:16, 23; Romans 8:14; 1 John 4:16).

Not only is God the Father our Father, He is also the Father of Jesus. According to the Bible, God loved us so much that He sent His Son Jesus to die for us. And we see that Jesus called God His Father, Abba, which means “father” in Aramaic.

Mark 14:36, “And He said, “Abba, Father, all things are possible for You. Take this cup away from Me; nevertheless, not what I will, but what You will.”

"Jesus teaches us to call His Father our Father. He is not ashamed to call us brethren (
Hebrews 2:11). So ready, so eager, is the Saviour's heart to welcome us as members of the family of God, that in the very first words we are to use in approaching God, He places the assurance of our divine relationship, 'Our Father.'"—Mount of Blessings, p. 103.

A Freeman

Superstar
There is a common misconception in "Christianity" between Christ, the Son of God, and Jesus, the Son of Man.

Christ IS the CREATED Son OF God, the Firstborn of every creature (Messiah, The Anointed ONE).

Christ IS an immortal Spirit-Being, the FIRST Spirit-Being that God created, exactly as Scripture plainly states. After God CREATED His Eldest/Firstborn Son, God then created the rest of Christ's BRETHREN (e.g. Gabriel) and the physical worlds through Christ.

When God created Christ, God became a Father to Christ, His created, SPIRITUAL Son.

There are NUMEROUS verses that tell us that Christ is, IN TRUTH, the FIRST of all CREATED Beings, i.e. MADE by God, giving Christ the position of preeminence over the other angels (Christ's BRETHREN/Fellow Spirit-Beings, aka "Angels"), as would be expected for the FIRSTBORN.

Romans 8:28-29
8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [His] purpose.
8:29 For whom He did foreknow, He also did predestinate [to be] conformed to the image of His Son, that he might be THE FIRSTBORN AMONG MANY BRETHREN.

Colossians 1:12-18
1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, Which hath made us meet to be sharers of the inheritance of the holy people in Light:
1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated [us] into the Kingdom of His dear Son:
1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, [even] the forgiveness of sins:
1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the FIRSTBORN of every CREATURE:
1:16 For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him, and for him:
1:17 And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist.
1:18 And he is the head of the body, the community: who is THE BEGINNING, the firstborn from the dead; that in all [things] he might have the preeminence.
1:19 For it pleased [the Father] that in him should all fulness dwell*;

*Which is why Father (God) made/created His Dear Son, known here on Earth as Christ, FIRST; i.e. Christ was the BEGINNING of the creation of God.

Revelation 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, THE BEGINNING of the creation OF God;

Romans 8:14-17
8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the (adopted) sons of God.
8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit (Being), that we (our Beings) are the children of God:
8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ**; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together.

Hebrews 1:1-4
1:1 God, Who at sundry times and in diverse manners spoke in time past unto the fathers by the Prophets,
1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by [His] Son, whom He hath APPOINTED heir** of all things, by whom also He made the worlds;
1:3 Who being the brightness of [His] glory, and the express IMAGE of His person, and upholding all things by the Word of His power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of His Majesty on high;
1:4 Being MADE so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

**Note: Someone cannot be the heir of their own estate. According to Father's Law, the FIRSTBORN SON receives a double-portion relative to his brethren as the primary heir to the dad's estate, being considered the beginning of the dad's strength (Deut. 21:17). All the firstborn belong to Father (Num. 3:13), beginning with His Christ (Rev. 3:14), The One God Anointed (Luke 4:18, Acts 10:38), The Firstborn Son OF God (Col. 1:15), and Heir to The Kingdom OF God (Heb. 1:2), making Christ The Great Prince (Dan. 10:21, Dan. 12:1). The firstborn son of the king is heir to the kingdom (2 Chronicles 21:1-3), and is referred to as the prince.

Hebrews 5:5-11
5:5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be MADE The High Priest; but He that said unto him, Thou art My Son, to day have I incarnated thee.
5:6 As He saith also in another [place], Thou [art] a Priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.
5:7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto Him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
5:9 And being MADE perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
5:10 Called BY God an High Priest after the order of Melchizedek.
5:11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.

How many times must our Heavenly Father and God tell us Christ is the FIRST CREATED Spirit-Being for people to actually get it?

A few more references:-

Hebrews 2:9-11
2:9 But we see the Saviour, who was MADE a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
2:10 For it became him, for whom [are] all things, and by whom [are] all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to MAKE the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
2:11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified [are] all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them BRETHREN,

Hebrews 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be MADE like unto [his] brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things [pertaining] to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

A few of many references to Christ being an Angel…

Exodus 3:1-2
3:1 Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father in law, the priest of Midian: and he led the flock to the backside of the desert, and came to the mountain of God, [even] to Horeb.
3:2 And the angel of the "I AM" appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush [was] not consumed.

See numerous other references to "the angel of THE LORD (the "I AM")" throughout the Old Covenant, which refer to Christ.

And in CHRIST'S Revelation to his Apostle John

Revelation 1:1 The Revelation of Christ Jesus, which God gave unto him, to show unto His servants things which must shortly come to pass; and He sent and signified [it] by His angel unto His servant John:

Revelation 10:1-3
10:1 And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a "Cloud": and a rainbow [was] upon his head, and his face [was] as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:
10:2 And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the "sea", and [his] left [foot] on the "earth",
10:3 And cried with a loud voice, as [when] a lion roareth (2 Esd. 12:31, Rev. 5:5): and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices.

Revelation 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was Lightened with his glory (Matt. 24:27; Luke 17:24).

A perfect description of the Chief (Arch)angel Christ (Messiah in Hebrew), The Light of the World (known in heaven as PRINCE Michael).

Daniel 8:25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify [himself] in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand (Matt. 21:44).

Daniel 9:25 Know therefore and understand, [that] from the going forth of the Commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince [shall be] seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

Daniel 10:13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, the first of the chief princes [of God], came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

Daniel 10:21 But I will show thee that which is noted in the Scripture of Truth: and [there is] NONE that holdeth with me in these things, EXCEPT Michael your prince (Eno. 67:1; Rev. 5:3; 5; 9 & 12:7).

Daniel 12:1 And at that time shall Michael [the Archangel] (Eno. 20:5; 36:1; 40:8; 58:1; 59:9; 57:1-2; 70:4; Rev. 12:7; Sura 2:98) stand up, the Great Prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation [even] to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the Book [of Life] (Rev. 13:8; 17:8; 20:15; 21:27; Sura 83:20).

Acts 3:15 And killed the Prince of Life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

The firstborn son of the king is heir to the Kingdom (2 Chronicles 21:1-3), just as Christ—the Firstborn Son of God—is Heir to the Kingdom of God

born (definition)
(bôrn)
v.

A past participle of bear
adj.

a. Brought into life by birth.
b. Brought into existence; CREATED: A new nation was born with the revolution.

Source: https://www.thefreedictionary.com/born

Of course this iron-clad, bullet-proof, irrefutable Scriptural proof won't even phase the stiff-necked and hard-headed unbelievers, who prefer lies and unrighteousness taught to them by the spiritually blind to the truth from Father (THE ONE TRUE GOD) and His Christ, Whom Father SENT (John 17:3).

Our Heavenly Father and God, The King Ruler of the Universe, and His created Firstborn Son Prince Michael (known here on Earth by the TITLE: Messiah/Christ/The Anointed One), are OBVIOUSLY extraterrestrials, i.e. NOT OF THIS WORLD. How could either Father or Christ be of this world given They CREATED it and were thus around BEFORE THE WORLD WAS?

It should also be self-evident there is a clear distinction between Christ (the immortal, extraterrestrial Son OF God) and Jesus, the mortal, terrestrial Son of Man.

Jesus WAS the mortal, terrestrial human son of the virgin body of Mary.

Jesus was very obviously of this world, born in the city of Bethlehem (House of Bread).

It was Jesus that was born in this world, lived in this world, and was crucified, died on the cross, and was buried in the heart of the earth, before being raised by God after three days and three nights on the Sabbath day (24 April 34 A.D.).

Only the mortal human Jesus could be crucified and murdered. No one but God Himself could kill Christ, exactly as Christ said (Matt. 10:28).

Jesus, the human son of the virgin body of Mary too was CREATED/MADE by God (Father, the "I AM"), exactly as it says throughout Scripture (e.g. Acts 2:36, 1 Cor. 1:30, Heb. 6:20).

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the House of Israel know ASSUREDLY, that God hath MADE that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

"Jesus" is not just a name, but also a TITLE, which means "Saviour" or, more specifically, "I AM" SAVES. Therefore, any renderings of Christ-Jesus after the death, resurrection and ascension are "Christ, the Saviour", because Christ is the ONE that Father (God) ANOINTED and APPOINTED to be the liaison/mediator between Father and mankind (human+Beings).

That is why THERE IS NO OTHER NAME UNDER HEAVEN GIVEN (by God) AMONG MEN WHEREBY WE MUST BE SAVED.

Christ Jesus is THE Example that all of us need to be striving to be like, in thought, word and deed/action.

The reason these very simple spiritual concepts are impossible for humans to understand is because they do NOT possess spiritual eyes nor spiritual ears with which to see and to hear.

The Sleeper (the spirit-Being/Soul within) MUST AWAKEN (Eph. 5:14).

phipps

Star
God the Son

The Bible frequently mentions the “Son of God.” But how can God have a “son,” and what should that mean to us?

Let us keep in mind that Jesus is the Son not in the sense of having been created, but because He partakes of the same divine nature as God the Father. Jesus is the eternal Son of God, and is also fully God Himself and part of the Godhead. He was sent to earth to minister to us, live as our example, and ultimately bear the eternal punishment of our sins. He is now our advocate, our High Priest, the relatable link between us and God the Father.

Who is God the Son?

Jesus loves each of us and wants to know us, and for us to grow through knowing and loving Him.

In the New Testament book of Mark, the very first words are, “The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God” (Mark 1:1).

Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour, is the Son of God. He is one of the three eternal members of the Godhead. Jesus affirmed this when He commanded His disciples to preach the gospel, “Baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit” (Matthew 28:19).

Referring to Jesus, Paul writes, “For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily” (Colossians 2:9). Jesus Christ was the physical manifestation of the eternal God, sent to us to redeem us from the curse of sin.

John, the disciple, says, In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God” (John 1:1, 2).

Jesus was co-existent with God from “everlasting to everlasting” (Psalm 90:2). Jesus, the same “Word” that “became flesh and dwelt among us” (John 1:14), is the eternal God who “inhabits eternity” (Isaiah 57:15).

At the beginning of His earthly ministry, Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist. As He walked out of the water, God’s voice spoke from Heaven: “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased” (Matthew 3:17). These words, in front of many witnesses, confirmed Jesus was God’s Son.

At the end of His earthly ministry, during the trial before His crucifixion, the High Priest asked, “Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?”

Up to this point, Jesus had been mostly silent. Jesus had taken the physical torture and verbal insults without comment. Now, His gaze turned towards the High Priest. He said simply, I am.” Then He gave this promise, “And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven” (Mark 14:61-62).

Revelation talks of the fulfilment of this promise, “Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him” (Revelation 1:7).

Last edited:

A Freeman

Superstar
As we KNOW with absolute certainty from Scripture...

THERE IS NOT ONE SINGLE REFERENCE IN THE ENTIRE BIBLE TO "GOD THE SON".

There are, however numerous references to the Son OF God (and to the SONS of God too).

References to Christ as the Son OF God (50+)

Matthew (9):
4:3, 4:6, 8:29, 14:33, 16:16, 26:63, 27:40, 27:43, 27:54

Mark (5): 1:1, 3:11, 5:7, 14:61, 15:39

Luke (7): 1:32, 1:35, 4:3, 4:9, 4:41, 8:28, 22:70

John (11): 1:34, 1:49, 3:18, 5:25, 6:69, 9:35, 10:36, 11:4, 11:27, 19:7, 20:30

Acts (2): 8:37, 9:20

Books with single references (5): Galatians 2:20, 2 Corinthians 1:19, Romans 1:4, Ephesians 4:13, Revelation 2:18

Hebrews (4): 4:14, 6:6, 7:3, 10:29

1 John (7): 3:8, 4:15, 5:5, 5:10, 5:12, 5:13, 5:20

Also, three of the references to Christ being the literal Son of God refer to Him as the Son of THE Most High or THE Highest. Further, there are at least three more references made by Father to His Anointed (His Christ) as His Son.

Mark 5:7 And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, [thou] Son OF the Most High God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.

Luke 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son OF the Highest: and THE LORD God his Father shall give unto him the Throne of David:

Luke 8:28 When he saw Jesus, he cried out, and fell down before him, and with a loud voice said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, [thou] Son of God most high? I beseech thee, torment me not.

And in Psalms, where Father (God, the Most High) refers His Anointed (His Christ) as His Son: Psalm 2:7, 2:12

There's yet another reference to one LIKE the Son of God in Daniel 3:25, with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in the fiery furnace.

Also of interest is the designation of the other angels, both in heaven and here on earth, as “the sons of God”, “children of the Most High” or “sons of the Living God”, etc., including:

Genesis 6:2-7, Job 1:6, 2:1, 38:7, Psalm 82:6, Hosea 1:10, John 1:12, Romans 8:14-19, Philippians 2:15, 1 John 3:1-2, which would explain why Christ is referred to as “the firstborn among many brethren” in Romans 8:29, “the firstborn of every creature” in Colossians 1:15, and “the beginning of the creation of God” in Rev. 3:14.

AGAIN, REFERENCES TO CHRIST IN SCRIPTURE AS “GOD THE SON”: ZERO (0). This is how spiritually and intellectually bankrupt the "trinity" nonsense really is.

And for those who might deceitfully attempt to claim otherwise...

Are the terms "Son OF God" and "God the Son" interchangeable? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

The word “of”, by definition, indicates the origin or derivation of something, e.g. a Son OF God.

Common-sense: A Father ALWAYS comes BEFORE the Father's Son, just as a son ALWAYS is descended FROM the Son's Father.

Anyone who does not believe Christ is the LITERAL Son OF God, which is what the antichrist Roman Catholic trinity doctrine teaches, is denying the truth, and thus is anti-Christ, by definition.

There are no “positional” roles for The Most High God, which would require the ONE True God to PRETEND to be three separate characters. That is simply more antichrist nonsense, to deny the TRUTH that there is ONE True God, Who Anointed His LITERAL Firstborn Son, hence His Son's designation as The Messiah/Christ (the Anointed One).

Further, and absolutely irrefutable proof from God Himself in The Law He gave to Moses that God can NEVER be a man nor the son of Man:

Numbers 23:19 God [is] not a man, that He should lie; neither the son of man, that He should repent: hath He said, and shall He not do [it]? or hath He spoken, and shall He not make it good?

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Jesus Christ Is Our Creator

The Godhead worked together on a plan to create our world and mankind. Their conversation is recorded in the Old Testament book of Genesis, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness…” (Genesis 1:26).

John, the New Testament disciple, confirms Jesus Christ was the acting member of the Godhead in creation, “All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made” (John 1:3).

A few verses later John clarifies the “Him” in this verse is Jesus Christ, “And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth” (John 1:14).

In speaking of Jesus Christ, Paul writes, “By Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth” (Colossians 1:16).

His hands formed mankind, “And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground” (Genesis 2:7). His mouth breathed into man’s “nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being” (Genesis 2:7).

phipps

Star
Jesus Christ Came to Earth

God the Father worked with and through Jesus Christ in creation. Paul tells us, “God … has in these last days spoken to us by His Son … through whom also He made the worlds” (Hebrews 1:1-2).

The New Testament books of Matthew, Mark, and Luke, the synoptic gospels, and the book of John, refer to Jesus Christ as the “Son of Man.”

Matthew records a conversation between Jesus and His disciples. Jesus asked, “Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?” (Matthew16:13). Peter answered this question, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God (Matthew 16:16). His faith warmed Jesus’ heart. (Matthew 16:17).

Jesus was God in human flesh. Jesus, our Saviour, was fully God, yet fully man. God, His Father, and Mary, His mother, brought together divinity and humanity for the purpose of saving the human race.

When the angel Gabriel appeared to the virgin Mary, he told her the good news of being chosen to be the mother of God’s only Son. “How can this be,” she asked. “since I do not know a man?” (Luke 1:34). “The Holy Spirit will come upon you,” answered Gabriel, “and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God (Luke 1:35).

Isaiah prophesied of Jesus’ birth when he wrote, “For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6).

Paul calls this the “mystery of godliness.” “And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the Gentiles, believed in the world, received up in glory” (1 Timothy 3:16).

Jesus Christ was God “manifested in the flesh” (1 Timothy 3:16). He was born on earth to Mary and Joseph. He grew up as a child and youth working with His earthly father, “And the Child grew and became strong in spirit, filled with wisdom; and the grace of God was upon Him” (Luke 2:40).

phipps

Star
Jesus Christ is our Saviour, the Messiah

The word Messiah comes from the Hebrew word Mashiach, meaning “the anointed one.” He was anointed to save us from the penalty of our sins. The Messiah, our Saviour, lived and died to bring us salvation. Andrew, when telling Peter about meeting Jesus said, “We have found the Messiah” (John 1:41).

After many years of working in His father’s carpenter shop, Jesus was prepared for public ministry. He began His ministry when He went to the Jordan River and was baptized by His cousin, John. “Then Jesus came from Galilee to John at the Jordan to be baptized by him. And John tried to prevent Him, saying, ‘I need to be baptized by You, and are You coming to me?’ But Jesus answered and said to him, ‘Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.’ Then he allowed Him” (Matthew 3:13-15).

As He came up from the water, the Spirit of God, in the form of a dove, spoke, “You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.” (Luke 3:22). This was divine confirmation of Jesus’ mission and calling.

Directly after His baptism, Jesus “was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil” (Matthew 4:1). He passed the test of the Devil’s temptations. Paul writes that Jesus “was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin” (Hebrews 4:15). His victory made it possible for us to “resist the devil” (James 4:7) and have confidence that he will flee from us.

Jesus walked the earth as a man. He was anointed of God to bring us salvation. His divine character was covered in the garb of a humble carpenter. Our Saviour came to live as a man among men so that He could give us hope. He came to our lost planet to bridge the chasm between us and heaven.

He was the Redeemer of the world, both the Son of God and the Son of man, “For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost” (Matthew 18:11).

phipps

Star
It is through Jesus’ death that we are saved

“The wages of sin is death,” writes Paul in the book of Romans, “but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord”
(Romans 6:23).

In Genesis, God told Adam and Eve not to eat from one tree in the garden, because they would die if they ate it. (Genesis 2:17). Adam and Eve chose to eat of the tree anyway. In doing this, they brought the curse of sin and death upon mankind, “For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive” (1 Corinthians 15:22).

Jesus came to pay the penalty of transgression, and to offer mankind a way of salvation. God loved humanity so much that He could not leave us to suffer the consequences of sin. In His great love for us, Jesus volunteered to give His life so we could be reunited with God, and have eternal life.

During His life, Jesus experienced the hatred of the devil and those whom the devil could influence. As a young child, Herod tried to destroy Him (Matthew 2:13). During His ministry, people tried to stone Him (John 8:59; 10:31). The Bible records, “Therefore they sought to take Him; but no one laid a hand on Him, because His hour had not yet come” (John 7:30).

After eating the Passover supper with His twelve disciples, Jesus went to the Garden of Gethsemane. He prayed, and agonized over what He knew was just before Him, “Father,” He pleaded, “if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done” (Luke 22:42).

As He settled the great debate of whether He would follow through with the salvation of man, He asked His disciples to watch and pray with Him (Mark 14:38). Sleep overcame them. Jesus came to where they were sleeping and told them, “The hour has come; behold, the Son of Man is being betrayed into the hands of sinners” (Mark 14:41).

Judas, one of His disciples, betrayed Him into the hands of those who wanted to kill Him. An unjust trial, and the demands of an angry mob led to His death. As He stood silently, the crowds cried out, “Crucify Him.”

Isaiah, the Old Testament prophet, prophesied of this time, “He was led as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before its shearers is silent, so He opened not His mouth” (Isaiah 53:7).

As we see Him willingly give His life, the words of John ring out across the ages, “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16).

Even the Roman soldiers, who had officiated at countless crucifixions, testified, “Truly this was the Son of God!” (Matthew 27:54).

Jesus Christ, our Messiah, our Saviour, sacrificed His life so that we would have the choice of eternal life. What amazing love!

Jesus was lovingly laid in a borrowed tomb (Matthew 27:57-61). He rested in the grave during the Sabbath hours (Matthew 28:1, John 19:30-42).

Early Sunday morning, the shackles of the grave were forever broken, “But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept” (1 Corinthians 15:20).

Jesus Christ came forth from the grave a conqueror. His resurrection confirms His victory. Because of His sacrifice, every person has a chance to receive the gift of eternal life. “My sheep hear My voice,” says Jesus, “and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life” (John 10:27-28).

phipps

Star
More about Jesus Christ.

-
He is eternal and defines Himself as eternal. “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty” (Revelation 1:8).

- He is all-powerful (Revelation 1:8).

- The Father even calls Jesus God, “But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of thy kingdom” (Hebrews 1:8).

- Jesus is able to forgive sin (Luke 5:20-21); The Bible says only God can forgive sin (Isaiah 43:25).

- Jesus accepted worship that according to the Ten Commandments is reserved only for the Almighty (Matthew 14:33), “And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, ‘All hail.’ And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him” (Matthew 28:9). Upon seeing the risen Saviour, the converted sceptic, Thomas, confessed, “My Lord and my God!” (John 20:26–29).

- Even the angels worship Jesus. “And again, when he bringeth in the first begotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him” (Hebrews 1:6).

- The Scriptures also teach that only God knows the thoughts of a man’s heart (1 Kings 8:39). Yet Jesus consistently knew what people were thinking, “for he knew what was in man” (John 2:25). “Nathanael said to Him, ‘How do You know me?’ Jesus answered and said to him, ‘Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you’” (John 1:48).

- Jesus is omnipresent, “Lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age” (Matthew 28:20). “For I am with you, and no one will attack you to hurt you; for I have many people in this city” (Acts 18:10).

- He has power to give life, and even resurrected Himself, “No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again” (John 10:18). “I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live” (John 11:25).

Jesus Christ is our advocate/intercessor, still working in heaven for us

After He had died on the cross for our sins, Christ resurrected on the third day (Luke 24:19-24, 46; 1 Corinthians 15:4); and, forty days later, He ascended to heaven (Acts 1:3,11) to make intercession for us and complete the work of atonement (Hebrews 9:24; 7:25) as He presents the merits of His blood before the Father for repentant sinners (Hebrews 9:11-14). Through the merits of His blood, the cleansing of the sanctuary and the blotting out of sins, the final phase of the atonement, commenced in heaven (Daniel 8:14; Hebrews 8:1-4; 9:23).

"The intercession of Christ in man's behalf in the sanctuary above is as essential to the plan of salvation as was His death upon the cross."The Great Controversy, p. 489.

phipps

Star
God the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit, the Representative of Christ, is the third Person of the Godhead. He is the One who guides us into a closer walk with Christ.

The Holy Spirit is fully God, more than an influence or a force. He has the personhood and mind of God, and performs a special duty to help us connect with God the Father. The Spirit also guides us in our lives.

He was sent by Christ as the personal presence of God for those dwelling on earth. When received, the Spirit will transform your life to reflect Jesus Christ.

The Holy Spirit as part of the Godhead.

When you look to scripture, it’s clear that the Holy Spirit is a part of the triune God. The term God is inclusive of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; we see this in the great commission of Matthew 28:18-20.

Jesus implores His disciples to go and preach the Gospel to all the world, baptizing them in the name of God. Yet, Jesus says it this way: “Go therefore… baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” (Matthew 28:19).

Furthermore you see the Spirit acting as God as He takes part in the creation. For the earth, “was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters” (Genesis 1:2). And “By His Spirit He adorned the heavens” (Job 26:13).

This all alludes to the fact that the Holy Spirit is a personal presence; it reminds us that God is a personal God. When Jesus ascended to heaven after His time on earth He left us “Another comforter” (John 14:16).

This in itself is a testament to the personality of the Holy Spirit; for the word Comforter, in the original greek, simply means “Helper.” The word “another” denotes one who will come to take the place of Christ (the first comforter) on earth.

phipps

Star
The Personality of the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is often referred to as a power proceeding from the Father and the Son—a power working in and through human beings (Micah 3:8; Luke 1:35; 4:14; 24:49; Acts 1:8; 1 Corinthians 2:4).

At the same time, however, the Bible also refers to the Holy Spirit as a distinct personality. Examples:

- The Holy Spirit has Omnipresence. He is everywhere
Psalms 139:7, "Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?"

-
The Holy Spirit is eternal
Hebrews 9:14, "How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"

-
The Holy Spirit is all powerful
Luke 1:35, "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God."

-
The Holy Spirit has:
A mind, "And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God" (Romans 8:27).

A will, "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will" (1 Corinthians 12:7-11).

A capacity for love, "Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me" (Romans 15:30).

He is susceptible to being insulted and grieved, "And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption" (Ephesians 4:30),

Tempted, "Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out" (Acts 5:9).

Lied to, "But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?" (Acts 5:3).

- The Holy Spirit helped to settle questions during the Church Council at Jerusalem
Acts 15:28, "For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;"

-
The Holy Spirit dispenses gifts to different individuals according as He wills
1 Corinthians 12:8-11, "For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will."

-
The Holy Spirit forbade some from going to preach in certain places
Acts 16:6-7, "Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia, After they were come to Mysia, they assayed to go into Bithynia: but the Spirit suffered them not."

-
The Holy Spirit anointed Jesus and sent Him out to preach the gospel
Luke 4:18-19, "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord."

-
The Holy Spirit physically descended upon Jesus
John 1:32-33, "And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him. And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost."

-
He is a Comforter, John 14:26; 16:7.

- He hears, speaks, guides us, and reveals future events to us, John 16:13; Luke 2:26.

- He warns us of future trials and afflictions, Acts 20:23; 21:11.

- He teaches us all things and brings the words of Christ to our remembrance, John 14:26.

- He gives messages to the people of God through the prophets, 2 Peter 1:21.

- He searches all things, even "the secrets which lie hidden in the mind of God", 1 Corinthians 2:10-11.

- He glorifies Christ as Christ glorified the Father, John 16:14; 17:1.

- He makes intercession for us, Romans 8:26.

- He refers to Himself as an individual, using the personal pronouns "I" and "Me", Acts 13:2.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
The Holy Spirit sustained Jesus in His earthly ministry

In the book of John, we will find some interesting words come from the lips of Christ, “I can of my own self do nothing…” (John 5:30). Remember, Jesus is the mighty God (Isaiah 9:6). He had a prime role in creation (John 1:3), He is the all-powerful – so these words can sound at least a little surprising.

If by Himself He could do nothing, then where did He receive His power? The Bible gives us insight on this point; it was in the power of the Spirit that Jesus ministered on earth (Luke 4:14). You can see this point noted all throughout the gospels.

For instance, when Jesus first started His ministry – the Spirit anointed Him as Messiah (Luke 3:22, Acts 10:38).

As Christ went about in His work, He would heal, bind up, cast out demons, and bring sight to the blind. He was able to do all these things because the “Spirit of the Lord” was upon Him (Luke 4:18; Matthew 12:28). This is how Christ found strength, it was through the Spirit.

By not relying on Himself for strength, Christ prepared the way for humanity. As the Spirit guided Christ, He is now given for our guidance (John 16:13). As He gave Christ strength, we can receive the same (Zechariah 4:6). Here we find a valuable point to remember, Christ was our example (1 Peter 2:21, 1 John 2:6).

The Holy Spirit given to Christ’s followers.

In the book of Acts, we can witness the disciples filled with the Spirit. They spoke in different languages (tongues) and preached powerful sermons. They testified to the love of God! This was the fulfilment of Christ’s great promise, “I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper ” (John 14:16).

The presence of the Holy Spirit was quintessential. It was better for Christ’s followers than if Jesus Himself were to continue with them (John 16:7). So, what makes the Holy Spirit’s presence so important?

The Holy Spirit convicts us of sin and righteousness (John 16:8).

As we draw closer to God, we will see our sinfulness in the light of Christ’s righteous life.

Christ revealed to humanity an example of a pure and holy life (1 Peter 2:22). The Spirit’s work is for us to behold His life, His goodness, and see our hopeless state. This is for the purpose that we may be led to repentance (Romans 2:4). It is the conviction of sin, and Christ‘s righteousness, that leads you to salvation. And it is through the salvation experience that you will begin to grow through the Spirit.

The Spirit leads the Christian into truth (John 16:13).

When the Spirit leads into truth, He leads into a correct understanding of the scriptures (John 17:17). Moreover, central to the scriptures is a correct knowledge of Christ (John 5:39). This is a fundamental part of the work of the Holy Spirit.

phipps

Star
The Spirit leads us into the peace that is ours through repentance and forgiveness.

“There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit”
(Romans 8:1).

Those who are in Christ are walking according to the Spirit and are without condemnation. This is peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 5:1). We can claim the promise that, “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God” (Romans 8:14). What great news for us! Our life can be filled with joy and peace, abounding in hope, all through the Spirit (Romans 15:13)!

The Spirit interprets our prayers (Romans 8:26).

When we seek God earnestly, oft-times we may not know exactly what to pray for. The beautiful work of the Holy Spirit is to intercede on behalf of God’s children. By this God makes “all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His Purpose” (Romans 8:28).

The Spirit writes God’s law in our hearts (Hebrews 8:10).

When the Holy Spirit comes upon the follower of Christ, His presence is not only over them, but within them (1 Corinthians 3:16). It is His work, while dwelling in us, to write the law of God on our hearts (Jeremiah 31:33; 2 Corinthians 3:3). This is synonymous in scripture with filling our hearts with the love of God (Romans 5:5).

The Spirit gives strength to testify of Christ (John 15:26).

When the Spirit dwells in you, His main desire is for your life to reflect the life of Christ. The Bible puts it this way, “that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith” (Ephesians 3:16-17).

The Spirit strengthens us so Christ can dwell in our hearts by faith. His life, His character, His love—more and more each day—placed in His people.

What a powerful promise. Christ in the heart; for whatever is in our heart will be revealed in our life (Proverbs 4:22). This is the result of Holy Spirit Baptism.

phipps

Star
The baptism of the Holy Spirit.

To be baptized by the Holy Spirit means to receive power in the Christian life to witness for Christ (Acts 1:8).

John the baptist was preaching and preparing the way for the messiah (Jesus) when he said these words, “… I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I… He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire” (Matthew 3:11).

These words pointed forward to the day of Pentecost. It was on this day (Acts 2) that Christ “baptized” His followers with the Holy Spirit. Later on, the boldness of the apostles was upsetting the rulers. As a result, those of the temple “realized that they had been with Jesus” (Acts 4:13). At this point in time, Jesus was in heaven – no longer physically dwelling with His disciples.

It was through the Holy Spirit that they were able to hold communion with Him. What the priests saw in these apostles was the life of Christ in His followers. It is the same Spirit which sustained Christ, and raised Him from the dead, which is to give his followers life (Romans 8:11).

God desires to baptize us with the Holy Spirit. The word baptized in the original greek text is “baptizo” – it means to be fully immersed. Not just a little bit, but completely. On the day of Pentecost we see that the disciples were “filled” with the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:4). Not just half-filled, but completely filled.

To be baptized, or filled, with all the fullness of God (Ephesians 3:19), we must first allow God to empty us of the things contrary to His word. Just as you cannot fill a milk carton with water until it is emptied of its contents. Similarly, we cannot be filled with the Spirit until we allow God to do His work through the Spirit. This is called the “sanctification of the Spirit” (1 Peter 1:2). Christ is simply waiting for entrance so He may begin this process (Revelation 3:20).

Day by day, you and I are to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit, so as we interact with those around us, they may see we too have been with Jesus.