What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism

rainerann

Star
It appears my sheltered little self didn't realize how popular "open" marriage has become. Somehow or another, I found this article on a Facebook page about the true definition of a "cuck" which is a man who is letting his wife or partner cheat on them.

It was very bizarre to me. I can't understand how people would define this as feminism. To me, women's rights are so much deeper than something like this suggests. It surprises me how quickly we can forget the foundation our freedoms are built on and accept a superficial definition like this. So what do you think about "open" marriage? Do you think feminism is defined as gaining the freedom to have an open marriage?

Here is an excerpt from the article.

"As I write this, my children are asleep in their room, Loretta Lynn is on the stereo, and my wife is out on a date with a man named Paulo. It’s her second date this week; her fourth this month so far. If it goes like the others, she’ll come home in the middle of the night, crawl into bed beside me, and tell me all about how she and Paulo had sex. I won’t explode with anger or seethe with resentment. I’ll tell her it’s a hot story and I’m glad she had fun. It’s hot because she’s excited, and I’m glad because I’m a feminist."
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/thecut/what-open-marriage-taught_b_7849588.html

Aero

Superstar
Well no that's not a good definition of feminism. It sounds like they are trying to explain away their kink. The man in the story is lying. He can't just say he likes the idea of his wife being slutty. That's all the depth going on in his mind. I dated a swinger once and ultimately I wasn't really satisfied by all that stuff. Because when you explore the deeper emotions, you find desperate people.

It can't be satisfying. So it's clear these people are overcompensating for something. Therefore they can't possible make for the best lovers. That's a weird paradox, but I think it's true. There's just no getting around the desperate angle.

Suddenly equality of opportunity is a left-wing thing. I can't keep up with their ideological contradictions.