What needs to change in order to make this country better?

justjess

Superstar
How am I a snake? Lol! Those companies aren’t going to make up for the jobs lost.
Never said they would. But for anyone unable to deal with the temporary loss of income - despite unemployment - there are jobs they can get and that is a personal choice.

Forcing everyone back to work prematurely in the midst of a pandemic is not a personal choice and amounts to a potential genocide on the poor.

Maes17

Superstar
Besides the financial change.

Another aspect that needs to change.
Right wing and left wing need to learn to get along.
Racism needs to dwindle. Etc.

When your country is promoted as land of the free.
Racism, cultural clashes need to stop.

It won’t happen. But that’s something that needs to change for the better.

Lisa

Superstar
Never said they would. But for anyone unable to deal with the temporary loss of income - despite unemployment - there are jobs they can get and that is a personal choice.

Forcing everyone back to work prematurely in the midst of a pandemic is not a personal choice and amounts to a potential genocide on the poor.
The pandemic only affects the poor? Doesn’t seem to affect the homeless though...

justjess

Superstar
@Lisa

Do you even read what you write? Or understand your own arguments?

The infection and death rates are significantly higher in minority communities within effected areas. The reason they are higher is because most of those people still need to go to work - because they are poor and deemed essential.

Proposals to restart the economy right now will send even more poor people off to work in public facing positions while the upper middle and wealthy will still be safely at home working remotely.

You are proposing something that could easily turn into class genocide - and the people who will benefit from this most financially? The class that won’t be dying or risking themselves.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
I like the thought, but it was decided long ago that you can't leave the Union.
Stupid decision.

This country is the size of 50 regular countries. And the regional differences are in many ways so great and insurmountable it doesn’t even make sense.

Maes17

Superstar
It’s still the United States today.
Technically yes.

Culturally it feels like a lot of people are divided.
Granted the alt left vs alt right hasn’t taken up the news feed.

But that division and lower class vs upper class clash is still around.

There are a lot of people who mean well, but our input seems to be silenced. That was probably one major reason for joining this board. I lurked around and saw all the stuff y’alls on VC caught onto

Wigi

Veteran
When you're bad at your job, your boss can rightfully fire you. The same things should happen to our elites.
Lobbies such as big pharma shouldn't be allowed to prosper and healthcare should be the norm in countries who pretends to be developped instead of spending time giving moral lessons and pointing a finger at the chosen dictator of the decade while none of them killed their elders for profit.

All forms of supranational organisation should be disbanded as they are useless, not elected through a democratic process and they simply couldn't care less about the life of the average citizen in time of trouble.

But those things won't happen because most of us would rather believe that our governments are deities that we could worship as long as they give us some rights that we can abuse like if we were little children.
This week end people will be at home to do.. let me guess, most people will be watching the TV wishing that our leaders will give us some good news.This is what Easter has become so I don't expect things to become better because it won't.

free2018

Star
As you all know, our world has slowly gone to shit. So, in your opinion, how can we make a change for the better? What has to change to improve the quality of our country as a whole?
NOTHING.
There is nothing that can be done to save a broken, wicked system.
It's not just the US. It's the whole debt-based economy. It's the banking system.
People? People can be saved. Countries? No.

rainerann

Star
My idea has evolved to American Secession which would serve as the way to accomplish getting rid of the executive branch. I had no idea to even look up whether people were talking about this, but there are a lot of people doing so apparently.

Picture how beautiful the world would be if we didn't even have to have a presidential election deciding between Trump and Biden in November.

This is how it makes me feel inside.

justjess

Superstar

SkepticCat

Veteran
NOTHING.
There is nothing that can be done to save a broken, wicked system.
It's not just the US. It's the whole debt-based economy. It's the banking system.
People? People can be saved. Countries? No.
-

Mark Passio said:
Fake-Ass Christians serve the god of MONEY and the god of AUTHORITY and place them higher than the God of Creation. They believe in the ILLUSION of authority and lack the understanding that GOVERNMENT IS SLAVERY and any coercive action to uphold that false authority is a violation of RIGHTS!
We are inherently endowed with DIVINE SOVEREIGNTY above any and all earthly authority by the Creator of the Universe. This primary lack of understanding is the foundation of their IMMORAL belief system. As morality increases in the aggregate, freedom increases.
Sadly these inept souls, despite having all of this knowledge at their fingertips, choose blindness and therefore remain THOROUGHLY-SLAVED.
Prepare to meet your fate Fake-Ass Christians! Mark is going to DEMOLISH your faulty belief systems and de-occult the true nature and purpose of ESOTERIC Christianity and it's powerful transformative message. No prisoners will be taken!!!
The GREAT WORK of Mark Passio continues, LIVE this week!!! Be There!!!!
https://www.facebook.com/events/1979626312265817/
Hmm let's see what can be done? You can either sit around doing nothing waiting for the world to collapse or you can GET OUT THERE and PUT UP A FIGHT.

As morality increases in the aggregate, freedom increases.
As morality declines in the aggregate, freedom declines.

You know what the dark forces and the Masons want you to do? They want you to sit and cower in a corner fearing economic collapse, coronavirus, WW3 or whatever else. You know how much good comes from sitting around worrying about possible doomsday scenarios? Zero, that's how much.

I realize it's not easy in a world that has gone upside down backwards crazy... But if you choose to believe the battle is lost by default, why get up in the morning? Why do anything at all? The answer is, you know it isn't true. No matter what happens you can still choose how you will respond to the situation. The Bible says Satan can destroy your body but cannot touch your soul unless you allow for it to happen.

My understanding is since the September 11 incident we have left normal timeline. It was a satanic magickal ritual. But it wasn't the end. What happens next, that's up to you. Endowed with free will by the Creator nobody can force you to commit acts of evil. You can keep speaking your truth and standing up for what you believe is right. The internet makes it easier than ever to connect with like-minded individuals and seek and share information (though of course you can expect to be monitored by the oppressors, a risk you'll have to take).

The Bible has been predicting end-time disaster for millennia. Does that mean that as we finally see it unfolding you're supposed to just sit back and give up? No, of course not! FULL ARMOR OF GOD and FINISH THE RACE.

Last edited:

Maes17

Superstar
Very interesting. I have no idea where the part of Pennsylvania I live in fits, but interesting nonetheless.
Western PA and Eastern PA seem to have a democratic following. Philly more liberal but their sports fans are wankers and a half.

Yinzers are blue collar rust belt, but the younger gen seems to sway towards democratic stuff. Central PA is all rust belt culture. At least from what I can remember.